"Sparklies"(?) on PS3 Playing Blu Movies - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2008, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter
jxe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!

I have recently been noticing white or blue dots that appear very quickly on screen during playback of movies on my PS3. Looking into it, I'm hearing about "sparklies," and I've switched cables to see if that would fix things.

My question is this: I've noticed that on some movies, if I freeze the film and then slowly go back or forward, I cannot see the white specks or dots. Also, these dots are not in the same place if I go back and replay the scene.

Then there are other films where if I freeze and go back or forward frame by frame, the dots (white or blue) are actually in the same place and present on the single frame.

So, am I right to think that these are two different things, or could an hdmi sparklies problem actually affect a certain pixel in a certain frame?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

I think what you are experiencnig is actually due to your tv. On some plasma screens the voltage needs to be adjusted occasionally and this will make the 'sparkles' go away. Here's a thread that talks about this same issue. It is discussed a lot on the last few pages.

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...S5053&page=175

Somewhere in the thread they tell you what dials to turn inside your tv to fix it... the directions are for the samsung, but should be similarly named parts in all plasmas
post #3 of 4 Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a problem with sparkles on my LG Plasma, and they had to replace a board. I was under warranty, luckily. It seemed to grow worse on colder days.

"Any reviewer that didn't rail against this [Young Guns Blu-ray encode] should be sued, and Lionsgate should be ashamed of themselves. " - msgohan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-22-2008, 12:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 27
If you're TV is a DLP, SXRD, or Dila, then "sparklies" is due to your TVs screen. Also known as SSE (silk screen effect). Mostly noticable in brighter scenes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page