Originally Posted by Ejectr
Sorry buddy, but the player outputs an audio signal as well as it does a video signal so it's all part of it. The repeat questions are one thing. Audio questions are valid. Thers's not a whole lot you can do with the video other than watch it. It's not like it has to be decoded or anything.
The problem is that you get a load of audio questions, followed by dozens of answers, followed by followups to those questions, and on and on, which causes any other questions to get lost in the mix.
I have some specific NON-audio questions about this unit, few or none of which have been answered:
- How do DVDs look with this unit RELATIVE to the output of your DVD player? Is the image softer or sharper? Is there any noticeable artifacting? Would you say DVD performance is at least as good as a $100 upconverter or P/S player?
- There have been reports that this unit produces a yellow push and that colors look somewhat muted? is this true?
- What output generates the best video quality on a 720p TV? 480p? 720p? 1080i?
- How would you compare the overall video quality of DVDs and BDs to that of comparable Blu-Ray players; e.g., the Panny BD35?
- The layer change on this unit is said to be extremely slow relative to newer DVD players. How long are we talking about exactly? 2 seconds, 3 seconds? Is it slower or faster than comparable Blu-Ray players?
- How does this player handle DVD-Rs? DVD+Rs? scratched DVDs? Do you get any screen freezes or other errors with discs that are known to be good?
The answers to these questions I think would be quite helpful to potential buyers, but they will likely be passed over again for another 20 questions about hookups for Onkyo receivers.