Official Sony BD Mega-Changer Thread: BDP-CX7000ES & BDP-CX960 - Page 123 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88Likes

post #3661 of 3708 Old 06-17-2018, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by moooog View Post
I removed my discs from my cx 7000 to set up Plex, rearranged them, and put them back in. Frustrated with lots of no-names, incorrect names and artwork (nothing new), I decided to try a few things, tried deleting the cache - although I see now that data is present even for some discs that are no longer in the changer - and doing a reset. Now I have no artwork for any of the blu-rays, just a generic silver disc image with movie info, I've tried ejecting, re-loading etc., no artwork for any discs, what did I do? I used to use this with MyMovies on my HTPC, but finally gave up on it after upgrading to windows 10 ruined it, but I still would like to have it available for family and friends.
I'd recommend browsing for a disc to play using something other than the Sony XMB. Empty the changer, perform a reset, power cycle the changer, catalog each of your discs including the slot number each disc is to reside in, then put the discs back in the changer refraining from using the "Load" feature. Just put the discs back in the changer at that point and close the door. Done deal. Browsing the contents of the changer would then be done by referencing whatever you used to catalog the discs. Once you decide what disc you'd like to play just tell the changer to play the disc residing in the particular slot. You could select the slot number and press "Play" using the hard buttons on the changer itself, browse the XMB by slot number selecting the disc that way or send the changer the appropriate serial command which is what I do.

As for cataloging your discs, as a starting point I'd recommend keeping a simple excel spreadsheet. From there I'd recommend you also catalog the contents of the changer using DVD Profiler for PC which under "Personal Information" for a given profile provides for noting the "Location" and "Slot" number for each disc. In my case though I don't even use the "Location" and "Slot" fields. I use the "Collection ID" per the below, my Blu-ray and DVD collection spanning across 10 Blu-ray changers. (I have 6 DVD changers as well which presently only contain the DVD's I already own on Blu-ray.)

Collection ID's for my Blu-ray changers...
BD01 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 0001-0400
BD02 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 0401-0800
BD03 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 0801-1200
BD04 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 1201-1600
BD05 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 1601-2000
BD06 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 2001-2400
BD07 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 2401-2800
BD08 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 2801-3200
BD09 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 3201-3600
BD10 (Slots 1-400) -> Collection ID's 3601-4000

If the given profile represents more than one disc I don't assign the profile a Collection ID. I create (child) profiles for each disc instead placing them under the main (parent) profile. Only the disc level (child) profiles are assigned a Collection ID. I then browse the contents of my changers using DVD Profiler for PC, the DVD Profiler mobile apps or my DVD Profiler based websites. (I have separate websites for my DVD and Blu-ray collections in addition to one that combines both. Not mobile device friendly. Requires a browser that supports frames.)

From DVD Profiler for Windows...

From the DVD Profiler based website for my Blu-ray collection...

Once finding a disc I'd like to play I go to the "BD Changers" activity in my universal remote accessing the "D.Sel" option (Direct Disc Selection), entering the Collection ID and pressing "Enter/OK". The "BD Changers" activity does the math for me determining the changer and slot number powering on the particular changer and taking me to the activity for that changer, the disc being pre-selected within the activity. (I can alternatively highlight a changer first, then accessing the "D.Sel" option and selecting the slot number.) Once the changer is fully powered on and displaying the XMB a "Press & Hold" of the "Enter/OK" button sends the appropriate serial command telling the changer to play the disc.

Page sequence as seen from my universal remote for those interested...

For an on-screen solution I'd imagine you could even browse the contents of your changer using Plex. I don't know anything about Plex, but I'd imagine you could create dummy entries for each of your discs, then displaying the disc location details from a prominent place within the user interface. The on-screen solution that I use is My Movies for WMC7 and while I do have the changer support setup I don't even use it anymore. Once I find a disc I'd like to play I just take note of the "Location" details per the below example, then selecting the changer and slot number with my universal remote which does the rest.

In any event, just some food for thought. I personally wouldn't waste my time relying on these changers to store disc information. Keep track of the discs and which slot each resides in yourself. The changer doesn't need to know. It just needs to play the disc residing in a given slot when you tell it to. There are far better ways to browse the contents of these Sony changers than from Sony's XMB and that's especially the case for those with more than one changer per being able to browse their collection as a whole.

Last edited by Low Profile; 11-23-2018 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 3708 Old 06-17-2018, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 192
My 7000es recently stopped taking commands from its associated remote control unit. Changed batteries in the remote and tried different remotes with no luck. Seems to be an issue with the unit. Is there some way to repair this or control the OSD with something besides a remote? I understand there is some way to use the RS-232 connector on the back but not sure how to do this.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Spoiler!
post #3663 of 3708 Old 06-17-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredandLovingIt View Post
My 7000es recently stopped taking commands from its associated remote control unit. Changed batteries in the remote and tried different remotes with no luck. Seems to be an issue with the unit. Is there some way to repair this or control the OSD with something besides a remote? I understand there is some way to use the RS-232 connector on the back but not sure how to do this.

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated. Thank you.
There's an IR input on the back of the unit as well. It's too bad I don't live in your neck of the woods anymore. If I did I'd offer to stop by and see if the unit responds to the IR input, RS-232 port or IP. Well, the "Custom Installation Control" option (RS232C, Network, Off) is set to "Off" by default I think. The unit would only respond to RS-232 or IP if you had the particular communication method selected already. In any event, I'll chime back in if I come up with anything I think might be helpful.

Last edited by Low Profile; 06-17-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3664 of 3708 Old 06-17-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Profile View Post
There's an IR input on the back of the unit as well. It's too bad I don't live in your neck of the woods anymore. If I did I'd offer to stop by and see if the unit responds to the IR input, RS-232 port or IP. Well, the "Custom Installation Control" option (RS232C, Network, Off) is set to "Off" by default I think. The unit would only respond to RS-232 or IP if you had the particular communication method selected already. In any event, I'll chime back in if I come up with anything I think might be helpful.
Really appreciate the help/advice. I did screw up the model though, it is a 960. Do you happen to know if there is a part I could get that would correct the problem? Maybe something on eBay?

Thanks again.

Spoiler!
post #3665 of 3708 Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Really appreciate the help/advice. I did screw up the model though, it is a 960. Do you happen to know if there is a part I could get that would correct the problem? Maybe something on eBay?

Thanks again.
The 960 doesn't even have the IR input on the back, so testing that method isn't an option.

Not very likely, but perhaps your OEM remote is somehow no longer set to the same Command Mode (IR codeset) as your 960. (The 960 should be set to the Command Mode "BD1" by default.) See the below taken from the manual.

Instructions to change the Command Mode of the remote...
Set the Command Mode for the remote so it matches the Command Mode for the player.

1. Press POP UP/MENU while pressing down BD.
2. While BD is flashing, enter the 3-digit code number using the number buttons, then press ENTER.

Command Mode | Code Number
BD1 | 310
BD2 | 311
BD3 | 312

If the Command Mode for the player does not match the remote, the Command Mode for the player appears on the front panel display when you try to operate the remote.

Also, are you sure it's not the OEM remote? Have you tried a different remote perhaps? Any IR remote that can control other Sony Blu-ray players should also work with the 960. Well, so long as your 960 is still set to Command Mode "BD1".
RetiredandLovingIt likes this.

Last edited by Low Profile; 06-21-2018 at 08:04 PM.
post #3666 of 3708 Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 AM

Appreciate the try, but it is not the remote. I have tried at least 5 of them and set them to the different Command Modes with no luck.

I really think it is the IR Input that is the problem. I noticed before the failure that commands to the 960 were slowly getting hit or miss. Would have to give the command several times before it took. Then it eventually stopped working all together.

Wish these players had on board buttons that duplicated the remotes functions just for such a situation.

Thanks again.

Spoiler!
post #3667 of 3708 Old 06-22-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Appreciate the try, but it is not the remote. I have tried at least 5 of them and set them to the different Command Modes with no luck.

I really think it is the IR Input that is the problem. I noticed before the failure that commands to the 960 were slowly getting hit or miss. Would have to give the command several times before it took. Then it eventually stopped working all together.

Wish these players had on board buttons that duplicated the remotes functions just for such a situation.

Thanks again.
I agree. Menu navigation from the unit itself as is possible with Sony's DVD changers would be most excellent.

Have you looked into having the unit serviced by Sony? I had a couple of my Blu-ray changers serviced, but that was a number of years ago. Submitted my request online. The changers were serviced at their Laredo, Texas location if I recall. I do know Sony doesn't service the 960 any longer. I originally owned a 960. A few years ago I shipped it to them to be serviced. Once received they informed me that they no longer serviced the 960 and that the best they could do was send a 7000ES back to me instead. Of course I agreed without hesitation. It was like hitting the lottery!

Last edited by Low Profile; 06-22-2018 at 11:30 AM.
post #3668 of 3708 Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM

Had not contacted Sony service but it certainly would not hurt. Thanks for the advice.

Spoiler!
post #3669 of 3708 Old 06-22-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Had not contacted Sony service but it certainly would not hurt. Thanks for the advice.
EBay: SONY BDP-CX960 400 DISC BLU-RAY FRONT FACE MODULE (Best Offer option currently available.)

Last edited by Low Profile; 06-22-2018 at 11:09 PM.
post #3670 of 3708 Old 06-23-2018, 06:50 AM

Thanks for the tip! Have to give it a try.

Spoiler!
post #3671 of 3708 Old 06-29-2018, 12:01 PM

Tried the Front Face Module above as suggested by Low Profile with no luck. Took the module and unit to a local electronics fix-it shop along with the service manual for the 960. New module installed with no change. The unit will still not respond to its remote control.

As I noted previously, it is definitely not the remote. Have tried several other working remotes with no success. Does anyone have any further suggestions on what part I should try to find? If no luck, will have the unit recycled.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Spoiler!
post #3672 of 3708 Old 06-29-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Tried the Front Face Module above as suggested by Low Profile with no luck. Took the module and unit to a local electronics fix-it shop along with the service manual for the 960. New module installed with no change. The unit will still not respond to its remote control.

As I noted previously, it is definitely not the remote. Have tried several other working remotes with no success. Does anyone have any further suggestions on what part I should try to find? If no luck, will have the unit recycled.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Dang. Sorry to hear that. My only thought is to see if Sony will replace the unit for you with a 7000ES like they did with my 960.
post #3673 of 3708 Old 06-29-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Dang. Sorry to hear that. My only thought is to see if Sony will replace the unit for you with a 7000ES like they did with my 960.
Certainly costs nothing to contact them. Tks

Edit: Just sent Sony an email. Will see what they say.

Spoiler!

Last edited by RetiredandLovingIt; 06-29-2018 at 04:22 PM.
post #3674 of 3708 Old 07-11-2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Certainly costs nothing to contact them. Tks

Edit: Just sent Sony an email. Will see what they say.
Finally reached the end of the trail. At Sony Support's suggestion, I sent my 960 to the Sony repair site in East Syracuse, NY. After several days got the word that the part needed to fix the problem (no response to remote control) was no longer available. So no joy on that end. Yesterday morning I updated Sony Support with the info that the unit could not be fixed and thanking them for their effort. Actually wanted to see what Sony would say, if anything. So far they have not responded so I am thinking I will not be hearing about a replacement.

Certainly did not hurt to try.

Regards to all.

Spoiler!
post #3675 of 3708 Old 08-12-2018, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey, I just got a BDP-CX7000es and a CX960 on craigslist for $100 total. The CX-7000es works, but the CX960 doesn't detect any discs. If I put a disc in, it just says loading, then says no disc. It doesn't really make any noise either like its doing anything.
Any thoughts?
post #3676 of 3708 Old 08-12-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spwath View Post
Hey, I just got a BDP-CX7000es and a CX960 on craigslist for $100 total. The CX-7000es works, but the CX960 doesn't detect any discs. If I put a disc in, it just says loading, then says no disc. It doesn't really make any noise either like its doing anything.
Any thoughts?
My first guess would be that the lower sensor which helps track the position of the carousel needs adjusted. I purchased a used 7000ES not too long ago where that was the case.

(Picture is of a Sony DVP-CX985V actually. Same deal with the Blu-ray changers though.)

Just had to reach my hand in through the front door to the left and adjust the black plastic bracket which wasn't screwed down tight. Centered it up per the screw on the left as pictured above which resolved the issue.

Short of that I'd suggest replacing the optical pick-up. I provide a detailed walk-through on how to do that a forum page back from this one.

Last edited by Low Profile; 08-12-2018 at 06:20 PM.
post #3677 of 3708 Old 08-12-2018, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
My first guess would be that the lower sensor which helps track the position of the carousel needs adjusted. I purchased a used 7000ES not too long ago where that was the case.

(Picture is of a Sony DVP-CX985V actually. Same deal with the Blu-ray changers though.)

Just had to reach my hand in through the front door to the left and adjust the black plastic bracket which wasn't screwed down tight. Centered it up per the screw on the left as pictured above which resolved the issue.

Short of that I'd suggest replacing the optical pick-up. I provide a detailed walk-through on how to do that a forum page back from this one.
Just looked in their, looked pretty centered to me, I tried recentering a bit, but still, says "No Disc" Whenever I put a disc in.
Still, I the other one is working, so I still got a crazy good deal.
post #3678 of 3708 Old 10-23-2018, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I just bought a used CX7000es on eBay and it didn't come with a remote.

I use a computer program for my remote anyway (IR Command) so it doesn't matter, but I do need the IR Hex Codes.

Does anyone have them? Can you share?

Thanks,

--J
post #3679 of 3708 Old 10-24-2018, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Can someone tell me where the IR Receiver is located?

I'm having trouble finding it and need to stick an emitter on the unit for IR Control.

Thanks,

--J
post #3680 of 3708 Old 10-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

I'd like to know which 3rd party programs are being used (and whether they use RS232 or IP control) by folks with these changers.

I used to use MyMovies for WMC but after visiting their site today, I can find no mention of support for the 7000es so I'm wondering if that is still an option.

Are there any other programs available to run on a Windows PC that will control these changers?

Thanks,

--J
post #3681 of 3708 Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jevansoh View Post
I'd like to know which 3rd party programs are being used (and whether they use RS232 or IP control) by folks with these changers.

I used to use MyMovies for WMC but after visiting their site today, I can find no mention of support for the 7000es so I'm wondering if that is still an option.

Are there any other programs available to run on a Windows PC that will control these changers?

Thanks,

--J
I have the Hex codes and the Service Manual. Send me a PM.

JVC RS3000 in AeroLift 150, Paladin DCR lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Two Screens: Stewart ElectiScreen StudioTek 130G 153” 240:1 and Screen Innovations Motorized Series 5 Slate 1.2 120" 16:9, Rack: Anthem AVM-60, Oppo 203, Sony CX-7000ES BD Changer, two Anthem A-5's, Rotel 1075, Atmos 7.2.4: 7 Thiel PowerPoint 1.2's, 2 SVS SB-16 Ultra's, 4 Thiel PowerPlane 1.2's. Projector cabling: FIBBR + RUIPro 10M, Remote: URC MX-990.
post #3682 of 3708 Old 11-23-2018, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
was there ever a solution for the cover art not displaying? Mine's been missing for the past year. Titles load but no cover art appears. However, a have 2-3 discs that have cover art. Not sure why the other 200 discs are missing?
post #3683 of 3708 Old 12-10-2018, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks like Sony is discontinuing gracenote service in February 2019.

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...icles/00203076

Last edited by teachsac; 12-11-2018 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Bypassing language filter
post #3684 of 3708 Old 12-11-2018, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdogg View Post
Looks like Sony is discontinuing gracenote service in February 2019.

https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/...icles/00203076
That page doesn't list these players, so maybe there's hope?

Peter
Toronto, Canada

Last edited by teachsac; 12-11-2018 at 04:12 AM.
post #3685 of 3708 Old 12-11-2018, 12:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex_Brit View Post
That page doesn't list these players, so maybe there's hope?
Yeah, I will be turning off my Gracenote function on both my BDP-CX 960 and BDP-CX 7000ES. Just in case. Real bummer that Sony will drop coverage for these machines. I personally will continue to collect DVD and blu ray for my megachangers. For me these machines are highly viable and effective for mass storage of discs. Will continue to look for ways to obtain cover art.
post #3686 of 3708 Old 12-15-2018, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question RM-adp036 Remote

I recently sold my Sony 400-Disc Blu-Ray DVD CD Mega Changer Player HDMI BDP-CX7000ES

It was part of my control4 setup and although rarely used worked well via the serial port

The guy who bought the unit says the remote isn't working, it wasnt part of the listing but I sent the remote (I never used it)

Dont know if the remotes go bad but has anyone come across this issue and where he could get a vircia rm-adp036 remote

You don't seem to do a reset without the remote

Thx in anticipation
post #3687 of 3708 Old 12-26-2018, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I had the laser replaced on my BDP-CX7000ES two and a half years ago when a number of discs started to judder, 'stick' and freeze.

I'm starting to have the same problem, three discs so far. I'd also noticed that the cover art wasn't showing up any more with new discs, or when I moved a disc to another slot.

I've reached the point where I plan to retire the player and start using a 'media player' with blu ray iso support, so I can keep the subtitle options and special features. Not that most of the discs need that, but there are some discs that have some fun commentaries and interesting extras.

Time to start looking at the forums for something to replace the CX7000, sigh.
post #3688 of 3708 Old 01-01-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2105 Post(s)
Liked: 2383
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearUK View Post
I had the laser replaced on my BDP-CX7000ES two and a half years ago when a number of discs started to judder, 'stick' and freeze.

I'm starting to have the same problem, three discs so far. I'd also noticed that the cover art wasn't showing up any more with new discs, or when I moved a disc to another slot.

I've reached the point where I plan to retire the player and start using a 'media player' with blu ray iso support, so I can keep the subtitle options and special features. Not that most of the discs need that, but there are some discs that have some fun commentaries and interesting extras.

Time to start looking at the forums for something to replace the CX7000, sigh.

Unfortunately unless you have the time to rip all your movies onto a NAS/media center solution there's no real viable option (which just SUCKS! ). We just reloacted from IL to TN and as careful as the movers were w/ my 4 960 changers the discs got bounced around enough to where I had to take the cover off and remove all the movies out of two of them. I've just now finished the Gracenote load on them and happy to report it worked but VERY dissapointed the lookups are now SANS any jacket pics.

The 2nd changer looked fine but when I turned it on I must not have noticed a disc was out of its slot and heard a terrifying sound and now the changer is reading an error so I guess I'll have to get it repaired.
Low Profile likes this.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater
post #3689 of 3708 Old 01-01-2019, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
Unfortunately unless you have the time to rip all your movies onto a NAS/media center solution there's no real viable option (which just SUCKS! ). We just reloacted from IL to TN and as careful as the movers were w/ my 4 960 changers the discs got bounced around enough to where I had to take the cover off and remove all the movies out of two of them. I've just now finished the Gracenote load on them and happy to report it worked but VERY dissapointed the lookups are now SANS any jacket pics.

The 2nd changer looked fine but when I turned it on I must not have noticed a disc was out of its slot and heard a terrifying sound and now the changer is reading an error so I guess I'll have to get it repaired.
Oh my goodness, you were brave. I would never move my changer with discs in. That’s what empty recordable cd or dvd 100 disc spindles are for! I take them out in order and fill a tub, then move onto the next. It may seem like work but the thought of discs being bounced around and either being damaged or damaging the player (400 discs weigh a lot) is more than I could cope with. It is easier than replacing each disc in its case, assuming you keep them.

As for ripping discs, yes, if you rip a couple a day there is the potential for years of work.

I spoke to the local repair company about a new laser for mine and they said buy a media server instead! I can start ripping new discs and any that the 7000ES won’t play and use the player until it gives up completely.

I’ve always been irritated by some ‘features’ of the machine, but as it was the only blu Ray changer available I lived with the quirks.
Low Profile likes this.

Last edited by BearUK; 01-01-2019 at 09:31 AM.
post #3690 of 3708 Old 01-01-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post

I did a face palm when I read you didn't remove the discs before the move. That's a cardinal sin my friend. Glad to hear at least one of them works out the gate. Hopefully it's just a minor issue with the other one. I moved a few years ago from Maryland down to Florida. I had 12 changers at the time, all but the 12th changer filled to capacity. Empty 100-disc spindles are your friend. I purchased 48 of them, 4 per changer. Labeled each using post-it notes which I stuck to the under side of the cover of each (BD01 1-100, BD01 101-200, BD01 201-300, BD01 301-400 and so forth), then removing the discs from the changers 100 at a time filling each spindle up. It was a quick and easy process to upload them all, then placing the discs back in the changers after the move.

That being said (and not intended to be directed at you krichter1), I continue to not understand people's aversion to ditching the Sony XMB for a better alternative when it comes to browsing the contents of these changers, especially in cases where someone owns more than one. Sony's solution for these Blu-ray changers via the XMB is a joke. Why would anyone limit themselves to that nonsense even if it worked perfectly? Anyone that does is doing themselves a disservice by not browsing their collection by some other means. All the changer needs to do is store the discs for playback, then playing the disc that resides in a given slot when you tell it to. There are plenty of other ways one can browse their collection and keep track of what disc is in what slot.

DVD Profiler is very inexpensive to begin with and 50% off at present! The mobile apps are on sale right now as well. DVD Profiler is a great way to catalog a DVD/Blu-ray collection and under the "Edit Profile\Personal Information\Discs" section of each profile you can note the Location and Slot number where each disc resides. You then have the freedom to browse your collection "as a whole" by any number of criteria using the PC based application, mobile apps or free online view of your collection, keep track of which discs you've watched and which ones you haven't (...support for multiple users) and so much more. When you find a disc you'd like to watch just take note of the location and slot number then queuing up the disc via the "Disc/AMS" knob and "Play" button on the front panel of the changer, browsing and selecting the slot number from the XMB, or by sending the changer the appropriate RS-232 command as I do. Again, the changer doesn't need to know anything about the discs, just that a disc is physically present in the given slot.

And if you'd prefer an on-screen solution for browsing your collection I'd recommend My Movies as it supports "Offline" profiles, i.e. a profile that indicates the selection is a physical disc. My Movies even supports Sony's DVD and Blu-ray changers. When you select a disc to play My Movies will power on the particular changer if it's not already powered on, then playing the disc once the changer is fully powered on and displaying the XMB. (See my post here for more details on my use of DVD Profiler and My Movies with these changers.) In any event, I'll give it a rest. Just don't understand why anyone even wastes a breath on what Sony's XMB does or doesn't do. Like I said, even if it worked perfectly people are doing themselves a disservice by using it. It's a crap-tastic way to browse the contents of a changer, yet people continue to go on about the Gracenote support or lack thereof. Everyone that owns one of these changers should strongly consider stepping outside the box and leaving Sony's XMB in their rear view when it comes to browsing the contents of their changers. Just my two cents for the new year! Peace.

Last edited by Low Profile; 01-01-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer , Pioneer Dv F727 , Pioneer Elite , Sony , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page