Official Sony BD Mega-Changer Thread: BDP-CX7000ES & BDP-CX960 - Page 125 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 99Likes

post #3721 of 3722 Old 05-08-2020, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I updated my Sony Blu-ray changer setup last night. Really pleased with the end result. Thought I'd share. Purchased a 20 port serial switch which has replaced all the switch gear I was using prior. (Well, minus the HDMI switches of course.) Far more breathing room in the back of the cabinet now after pulling out the 2 IR routers, 3 RS-232 routers, 2 RS422 to RS232 converters in addition to the 7 power supplies I was using to power all of that. It's a beautiful thing! Eye candy provided below.

treytexag and cargen like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3722 of 3722 Old 05-17-2020, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
All,

I have owned my BDP-CX960 since I purchased it new in 2011. (Before that I owned a DVP-CX995, and before that, a CDP-CX400 and two CDP-CX300's. I love the concept of these machines!)

I have kept my Bluray changer working for these 9 years, but only found this forum today, because I was experiencing the "invalid disc" error and looking for any comments on it that may have appeared on the Internet.

"Invalid disc" has happened to me perhaps three times in the nine years I have owned this machine. Each time it has happened, including today, I have been able to clear the error by the use of a lens cleaning disc, followed by a ten-second-off-button-reboot.

I don't believe laser replacement is necessary in many of the cases where people have been resorting to that desperate measure. Try what I just described first. That said, to be safe I have bought a replacement laser module in case I ever get to that point.

Like everyone else I am slowly moving my collection online, which actually provides more rapid and worldwide access to my video, albeit without the special features.

Last edited by teachsac; 05-17-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: offering items outside of the classifieds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer , Pioneer Dv F727 , Pioneer Elite , Sony , Sony Dvp Cx777es 400 Disc Dvd Cd Changer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page