Official OPPO BDP-95 Owner's Thread - Page 402 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 96Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12031 of 12044 Old 03-25-2020, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Carbon Ft Print's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 621
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 373 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Can any oppo owners recommend sftwr to rip cds to flac files that oppo recognizes the playlist?

I ripped about 300 cd songs to usb thumb drive including a playlist. oppo see's all the albums and shows the playlist folder, but the playlist folder has no content. I've used windows media player. My Jeep recognizes all the flac files and the playlist.

I think I need different software to rip cds to usb drive in order for playlists used with oppo95? I have windows 10 pc.

Thx.
JA Fant likes this.

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 03-25-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Carbon Ft Print is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12032 of 12044 Old 03-25-2020, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 22,010
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4020 Post(s)
Liked: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
Can any oppo owners recommend sftwr to rip cds to flac files that oppo recognizes the playlist?

I ripped about 300 cd songs to usb thumb drive including a playlist. oppo see's all the albums and shows the playlist folder, but the playlist folder has no content. I've used windows media player. My Jeep recognizes all the flac files and the playlist.

I think I need different software to rip cds to usb drive in order for playlists used with oppo95? I have windows 10 pc.

Thx.
Windows Media Player is a common problem, best to ditch that. I'm not sure that the BDP-95 can support any type playlist. As for CD ripping I use dBpoweramp and love it. the package also comes with a batch converter and more.
JA Fant and Carbon Ft Print like this.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #12033 of 12044 Old 03-26-2020, 02:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
Can any oppo owners recommend sftwr to rip cds to flac files that oppo recognizes the playlist?

I ripped about 300 cd songs to usb thumb drive including a playlist. oppo see's all the albums and shows the playlist folder, but the playlist folder has no content. I've used windows media player. My Jeep recognizes all the flac files and the playlist.

I think I need different software to rip cds to usb drive in order for playlists used with oppo95? I have windows 10 pc.

Thx.
I have a Mac so I just use iTunes and then use XLD to convert to flac. I tried dbpoweramp but it seemed to have a lot of problems recognizing pulling in the playlist, so I gave up on that. iTunes never does, no matter how obscure the disc is. I did use dbpoweramp to rip HDCDs to flac, of which I may have about 10.
JA Fant and Carbon Ft Print like this.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12034 of 12044 Old 03-31-2020, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 2,834
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 1500
Experts-


are these Oppo 95 players still holding up with new Blu-Ray releases?
JA Fant is offline  
post #12035 of 12044 Old 03-31-2020, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Idk, when the 203 came out I relegated the 95 to music only duty. It’s still performing well for that duty

Edit: I stuck a BD in last night and it performed flawlessly.
JA Fant likes this.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650

Last edited by glangford; 04-01-2020 at 02:37 AM.
glangford is online now  
post #12036 of 12044 Old 04-01-2020, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
 
65Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ladner, BC
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Fant View Post
Experts-


are these Oppo 95 players still holding up with new Blu-Ray releases?
They are darn good players for CD's but when it comes to the blu-rays that have been released in the last few years they can be challenged by things such as seamless branching. I remember when I played the John Wick release on my Oppo 95 that there were scenes where the player 'paused and jumped'. At the time I didn't understand what was happening but figured it out later on. Here are a couple of links that help explain better.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=267798

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamless_branching
JA Fant likes this.

Processor: Marantz 8802a Amplifiers: ATI Signature AT6007, Emotiva XPA5 Floor Speakers: (3) Triad Inroom Gold Monitors and (4) Gold Minimonitors ATMOS Speakers: (4) Atlantic Technology IC-6 OBA BR Players: Oppo BDP-95, Panasonic DMP UB9000 Streamers: Roku Ultra, nVidia Shield Screen: Panasonic 65" OLED GZ2000Subs: (2) Velodyne Optimums and (1) HSU ULS-15
65Goat is online now  
post #12037 of 12044 Old 04-01-2020, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 2,834
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Goat View Post
They are darn good players for CD's but when it comes to the blu-rays that have been released in the last few years they can be challenged by things such as seamless branching. I remember when I played the John Wick release on my Oppo 95 that there were scenes where the player 'paused and jumped'. At the time I didn't understand what was happening but figured it out later on. Here are a couple of links that help explain better.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=267798

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seamless_branching



Thank You Guys
JA Fant is offline  
post #12038 of 12044 Old 04-01-2020, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JA Fant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Prattville AL
Posts: 2,834
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
Idk, when the 203 came out I relegated the 95 to music only duty. It’s still performing well for that duty

Edit: I stuck a BD in last night and it performed flawlessly.

Thank You Guys
JA Fant is offline  
post #12039 of 12044 Old 04-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Member
 
coffeecup45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 39
So I managed to snag a BDP-95 for parts and it failed to power on. I had a bricked 103 lying around but the PSU on it was good. So I swapped PSU's and lost all the audio features of the BDP-95 till I can fix the PSU (bad caps) or look into replacing the PSU all together. I do wonder though being a 203/205 owner and using the 103D, why DVD playback on this machine looks so good. Much better than the 203/205 and 103D. Love the look of this machine with the Oppo logo being the power button, it's a classic.


Anyone know why the DVD playback is so much better? it was the best I have seen.


As for BD playback, it played a newer title Bombshell but was a little slow to load which is to be expected as this machine is older now.


DVD playback on this machine was the best I have seen on any BD player.

Last edited by coffeecup45; 04-04-2020 at 08:22 PM.
coffeecup45 is offline  
post #12040 of 12044 Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup45 View Post
So I managed to snag a BDP-95 for parts and it failed to power on. I had a bricked 103 lying around but the PSU on it was good. So I swapped PSU's and lost all the audio features of the BDP-95 till I can fix the PSU (bad caps) or look into replacing the PSU all together. I do wonder though being a 203/205 owner and using the 103D, why DVD playback on this machine looks so good. Much better than the 203/205 and 103D. Love the look of this machine with the Oppo logo being the power button, it's a classic.


Anyone know why the DVD playback is so much better? it was the best I have seen.


As for BD playback, it played a newer title Bombshell but was a little slow to load which is to be expected as this machine is older now.


DVD playback on this machine was the best I have seen on any BD player.
IDK, I always felt the 95 was fair at best for DVD upscaling, the 203, much better in that regard. Are you sure both are not set to 'source direct' and both players are upscaling when you make the comparison? The king at DVD playback was the BDP-83 with the anchor bay chip. When I got my 95 and sold my 83, I was disappointed in DVD playback.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is online now  
post #12041 of 12044 Old Yesterday, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 22,010
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4020 Post(s)
Liked: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup45 View Post
DVD playback on this machine was the best I have seen on any BD player.

BTW, all the older players can still be repaired by Oppo service.


The 93/95 use a Qdeo VP chip that forces some undefeatable noise reduction on the HDMI-1 output. This is particularly noticeable on DVDs. To do a comparison of the output with and without this NR, you can look at HDMI-2 which has no Qdeo processing.
65Goat likes this.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #12042 of 12044 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
Member
 
coffeecup45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Thanks for the replys, so yes I'll have to set the 203 to source direct. I am using a Sony A1E OLED display. I know I can send the 95 into Oppo but it's just 2 bad capacitors that will cost me less than $2 to fix myself with a soldering tool vs paying Oppo $100 to fix. If I screw up the repair on the PSU I'll have to send it to them.


I'll have to get an 83 at some point to see how good DVD's look on it. I have been on a DVD kick lately have tons in storage despite going all Blu-ray, UHD and Digital. I know I was happy with the BDP-95 performance with DVD.
coffeecup45 is offline  
post #12043 of 12044 Old Today, 02:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup45 View Post
Thanks for the replys, so yes I'll have to set the 203 to source direct. I am using a Sony A1E OLED display. I know I can send the 95 into Oppo but it's just 2 bad capacitors that will cost me less than $2 to fix myself with a soldering tool vs paying Oppo $100 to fix. If I screw up the repair on the PSU I'll have to send it to them.


I'll have to get an 83 at some point to see how good DVD's look on it. I have been on a DVD kick lately have tons in storage despite going all Blu-ray, UHD and Digital. I know I was happy with the BDP-95 performance with DVD.
I'd send source direct for both players to the A1E OLED. It can probably wipe the floor with the Oppo with regards to dvd playback.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is online now  
post #12044 of 12044 Old Today, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,419
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 812 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup45 View Post
Thanks for the replys, so yes I'll have to set the 203 to source direct. I am using a Sony A1E OLED display. I know I can send the 95 into Oppo but it's just 2 bad capacitors that will cost me less than $2 to fix myself with a soldering tool vs paying Oppo $100 to fix. If I screw up the repair on the PSU I'll have to send it to them.


I'll have to get an 83 at some point to see how good DVD's look on it. I have been on a DVD kick lately have tons in storage despite going all Blu-ray, UHD and Digital. I know I was happy with the BDP-95 performance with DVD.
If you pay Oppo, they'll also check everything else out, give it a thorough cleaning and get the player in top shape, at no extra charge. Oppo works by a flat rate fee for repair, and they go over everything.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
glangford is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Disc Player , Blu Ray Players , Oppo , Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Disc Player , oppo bdp-95

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off