My first experiences on sacd.iso playback of Pioneer BDP-150 with the latest cfw version Apr 30 2013. The very first good news is that this cfw can be installed over the latest official fw v1.05
: The bad news is that this cfw is not free
How to play sacd.iso:
1) Insert a mch SACD disc into the player
2) Stop its playback if it started
3) Using the remote control select the SACD area (2 ch or mch) to be played
4) Select the sacd.iso file in USB/Video folder
5) Start the playback with Enter. Be patient, the player needs some seconds to start the playback.
6) Audio can pass through HDMI as DSD or PCM (24/88.2) signal.
sacd.iso don't play from my NAS (Zyxel NSA210). The file appears in the Video folder but the player doesn't recognize it as a supported media format. I should add that I'm not a media server guru so this issue might be me.
Home-made sacd.iso don't play. I tried to insert a home-authored SACD-R disc into the player before the sacd.iso playback but this trick didn't help.
Here are new info about the above-mentioned wantingness. I got tips from friends of mine and I'm reporting how they worked:
Having been re-created a home-made sacd.iso in Imgburn from the burnt SACD-R disc the new iso played fine. It seems this process gets around the iso blocksize difference between retail and home-authored SACD discs and thus this blocksize difference caused the playback problem.
Having been setup NFS on my Zyxel NAS my Pio recognizes the NFS folder inside ‘Network1′ and plays sacd.iso fine from it