The Pioneer BDP-62FD/150/450 2012 Blu-ray Player Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #361 of 726 Old 08-13-2013, 10:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_D_STeve View Post

there seems to be two threads going for the BDP-62FD. Hmmmmm

What a quirky transport this is.. Connected to a Sammy plasma and a Pioneer SC-1522-K receiver I have had remote control lockups. Where the remote does nothing, requiring a power button reset. Once, I had to unplug the damn thing to get it to power down, the power button on the front panel did nothing.. It seems to require the TV to be on even for just audio, even though I have set the TV and receiver to no HDMI control. I just turned off HDMI control on the 62FD. I also did the latest firmware update. I had no audio at all this morning until I turned on the TV,. From what I have read, HDMI control between the player and receiver is a good thing, and enables the PQLS
Should I be running a separate HDMI cable for the audio only? I shouldn't have to do this.

Just had the problem again. HDMI control is off across the board. TV is powered off. Bdp-62fd is connected to SC-1522-K via HDMI, dual mode, 1522-k to TV via HDMI. Popped in The Eagles Hell Freezes over DVD, in DTS. It started to play where I left off last night. No sound until I turn on the TV. That's crap. Did the same thing last night wit a SACD. Handshake issues? The people involved in DRM should be SWAT teamed...

OK, it did it again. With everything off, HDMI control off, then power on the receiver and 62fd, load SACD, no sound. Turn on TV, I get sound. I can then turn off the TV, and the sound stays.

I spoke with pioneer support today. He said even with both HDMI outputs connected , it will require the TV to be on to play music. That just does not seem correct to me.

Did you select HDMI pass thru for an input your playing music in the HDMI menu in your 1522. You can choose an individual input to pass thru or the last input selected.

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW. Mitz 73740 DLP, Sony UBP-X800, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 726 Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNEWoLF View Post

Did you select HDMI pass thru for an input your playing music in the HDMI menu in your 1522. You can choose an individual input to pass thru or the last input selected.

Also make sure you have the latest HDMI cables. They should say HIGH SPEED on them.

Twin Pioneer AVR Locomotives-Elite SC 97, SC 1222 7.2.4, DOLBY Atmos and DTS X, (Front Pre Out,) JBL Pro Synthesis LS Series Speakers, F L R-LS80, Cen-LS, S L R-LS60, SB L R-LS60, 4 Dolby Atmos Enabled Klipsch R41SA, Twin Klipsch R120SW. Mitz 73740 DLP, Sony UBP-X800, ATV G4, Yamaha ATS 1060 Sound Bar, True Depth Firestorm 2.0 3D Glasses, Harmony Hub with Utlimate 1 Remote, Broadlink RM Pro2, EYE Pad Air, Winegard FL6550A
post #363 of 726 Old 08-13-2013, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

The 150 got a bad report in the 2011 thread. It looks like I won't be getting these players either, if they'll be a repeat of last year. So would October or November be a good time to write to Chris Walker, as well as Pioneer of Japan, with the features I would like to see added in their 2013 A/V receiver AND Blu-ray player lineups?
Oh common...
Quote:
Hi Realzven,

Unfortunately the DSD-PCM conversion is limited to 88.2KHz at 20-Bit. This is a limitation of the MTK chipset..

I am still awaiting an answer for the Gamma control....

thanks,

Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics

We are talking about the low model ... I don't think that for most people that buy this model find that important... even in the 450 I don't think that matters a lot...
SACD is not a big format... I only have a few of them (from only one band) cause no other bands (that I like) release a SACD version of their cds...
I'd rather had a better player in terms of video settings and features than a better SACD, of course at this price range
Has anyone tested the DSD-to-PCM conversion on the BDP-62FD/450? In order to achieve PCM output when playing back SACD, you need to set HDMI audio output to PCM. Is it 88.2 or 176.4 KHz? I'm not sure if DSD-to-PCM at 88.2 KHz is a MediaTek CPU limitation. The Yamaha BD-A1010 uses a MediaTek CPU, and it is capable of DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz. From what I understand, I think the Sony Blu-ray players also use MediaTek CPUs and are capable of DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #364 of 726 Old 08-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Dumb Questions Alert:

Is this pretty much the best value going on a BDP of this caliber?

Do similar deals occur infrequently enough to spark a not-completely-necessary purchase?

If one wanted to use the "WIFI ready" feature, what would be an appropriate adaptor?

Is there a CAT5 port? it would be about 5' from my modem, so wireless functionality might be moot.
post #365 of 726 Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesolo View Post

Quote:

The 150 got a bad report in the 2011 thread. It looks like I won't be getting these players either, if they'll be a repeat of last year. So would October or November be a good time to write to Chris Walker, as well as Pioneer of Japan, with the features I would like to see added in their 2013 A/V receiver AND Blu-ray player lineups?
Oh common...
Quote:
Hi Realzven,

Unfortunately the DSD-PCM conversion is limited to 88.2KHz at 20-Bit. This is a limitation of the MTK chipset..

I am still awaiting an answer for the Gamma control....

thanks,

Chris Walker
Pioneer Electronics

We are talking about the low model ... I don't think that for most people that buy this model find that important... even in the 450 I don't think that matters a lot...
SACD is not a big format... I only have a few of them (from only one band) cause no other bands (that I like) release a SACD version of their cds...
I'd rather had a better player in terms of video settings and features than a better SACD, of course at this price range
Has anyone tested the DSD-to-PCM conversion on the BDP-62FD/450? In order to achieve PCM output when playing back SACD, you need to set HDMI audio output to PCM. Is it 88.2 or 176.4 KHz? I'm not sure if DSD-to-PCM at 88.2 KHz is a MediaTek CPU limitation. The Yamaha BD-A1010 uses a MediaTek CPU, and it is capable of DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz. From what I understand, I think the Sony Blu-ray players also use MediaTek CPUs and are capable of DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz.
Pioneer customer service said that after communicating with the engineers, it's 88.2 KHz. The two things I want in the successors are 480i and DSD-to-PCM at 176.4 KHz!
post #366 of 726 Old 08-25-2013, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tienvg View Post

Does this work with the BDP-62FD (U.S. version)?

I tried it and it works with BDP-62FD (U.S. version), You do loose all netflix and all other web services though.
post #367 of 726 Old 08-26-2013, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post

Dumb Questions Alert:

1) Is this pretty much the best value going on a BDP of this caliber?

2) Do similar deals occur infrequently enough to spark a not-completely-necessary purchase?

3) If one wanted to use the "WIFI ready" feature, what would be an appropriate adaptor?

4) Is there a CAT5 port? it would be about 5' from my modem, so wireless functionality might be moot.

1) Yes, it is a very good deal for a Blu-ray universal player.

2) No sure....

3) and 4) The player has a standard ethernet port. If you have an open ethernet port on your network, then I would do that. If you want to use wireless, then I would buy a wireless bridge (they usually have about 4 network ports). That way you would have three other network ports for other devices that need a wireless connection but don't have the wireless capability. The "wi-fi ready" functionality is that you can buy a Pioneer wireless adapter (AS-WL300) that plugs into the ethernet port on the Blu-ray to give you wireless functionality. You can get the wireless bridge (with 4 network ports) for less than the Pioneer wireless adapter that is for only the Blu-ray player.

post #368 of 726 Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 85
OK, thanks! The wireless feature is moot if I can just use a cable, as my HT stand houses the modem as well.
post #369 of 726 Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Some questions if I may before buying a 450.

1. With CFW 4.0x, can I access my NAS via SMB (yes I think but just need to be sure)?

2. If SMB works, is there still any jumbling of file names or has that been resolved?

3. I would assume that any 450 I buy now will have the later 2.09 or above firmware. Am I correct in understanding that I need to install 5.10 which will downgrade the firmware and then allow me to install 4.0x. Or can I just use the downgrade from here https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=d/5c5fDVtk4MKBhKFfxrvI49%2BjUgshjCRUCmbJKxcQ4%3D&locale=ru ?

4. Anyone tried the Diamond Jailbrake here http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=308686&uk=2197935109#dir/path=%2FPioneer%20BDP%20jailbreak%20firmware topmost one called 20130429.rar which I read is activation free but not sure.

Thanks, sorry to re-cover old ground but I'm confusing myself by reading too much and google translations of the Russian pages leaves a lot to be desired (good though it is).
post #370 of 726 Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 62
My second Pioneer BDP-150 with custom 5.09a paid firmware is up in the classifieds. Cannot say enough good things about it.
post #371 of 726 Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Interesting. How would this compare to a Dune player? I'm using the Base 3.0 which does full menus for bluray ISO files. Movies are streaming from an unRaid server via SMB.
post #372 of 726 Old 09-05-2013, 04:24 PM

Liked: 10
How long did you have to wait with a BDP-62FD before it came back up? I just tried it and after a reboot, the display read 'WAIT" for 10-15 minutes and the unit was unresponsive during this time, so I power cycled the unit to get it to come back up.

I used the BDP_450.bin file for the firmware load after reading on here in previous posts the BDP-450 is the non U.S. version of the BDP-62FD.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
post #373 of 726 Old 09-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone7 View Post

Interesting. How would this compare to a Dune player? I'm using the Base 3.0 which does full menus for bluray ISO files. Movies are streaming from an unRaid server via SMB.
My Pio 150 with the latest Chinese custom firmware (Aug 6) plays all types of iso's (BD 2D/3D, DVD-A/V, SACD) with full menus via USB or network (SMB, NFS).
post #374 of 726 Old 09-07-2013, 03:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have a 62FD with firmware 4.04. Currently I can play dvd's from other regions, but my region 0 dvds from china doesn't play on it. The player just hangs and I have to put in a dvd with a region set to get it to unhang.
If I stick the region 0 dvd into a LG bluray player, it plays just fine. Is this a issue with firmware 2.09? Are there any newer firmware that allows multi-region?

Any ideas?
My 62FD was changed to region 0, if I upgrade firmware, will I loose this? Or does this stick?

I also saw someone mention having issues with pal dvd?

Thanks!
post #375 of 726 Old 09-08-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Butler View Post

Some questions if I may before buying a 450.

1. With CFW 4.0x, can I access my NAS via SMB (yes I think but just need to be sure)?

2. If SMB works, is there still any jumbling of file names or has that been resolved?

3. I would assume that any 450 I buy now will have the later 2.09 or above firmware. Am I correct in understanding that I need to install 5.10 which will downgrade the firmware and then allow me to install 4.0x. Or can I just use the downgrade from here https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=d/5c5fDVtk4MKBhKFfxrvI49%2BjUgshjCRUCmbJKxcQ4%3D&locale=ru ?

4. Anyone tried the Diamond Jailbrake here http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=308686&uk=2197935109#dir/path=%2FPioneer%20BDP%20jailbreak%20firmware topmost one called 20130429.rar which I read is activation free but not sure.

Thanks, sorry to re-cover old ground but I'm confusing myself by reading too much and google translations of the Russian pages leaves a lot to be desired (good though it is).

1. My 62 with 4.04 does not see the SMB shares. Don't know about NFS.

2. Not shure. I am still using a Dune clone for SMB shares which works excellent

3. If you pick one made earlier than DEC 2012 - probably it'll have 2.05 that's upgreadable to 4.04 for free - if it is opened box you should check in the store if not upgraded to 2.09. I picked mein in June 2013 from BB store and it was build Sep 2012.

4. No, but if you have, please share. I will not be able to ask for waranty if something goes wrong.
Paul Butler likes this.
post #376 of 726 Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM

Hello

I did buy a 150 for about 6 months ago hoping it to have 1.02 but it come with 1.05, after that i had alot of work so havnt follow'd what have happend to the custom firmware for a while.

I did read the whole thread and found out there is a file called BDP-150_SP-downgrade.rar (71 984 kB) and now i try to find info about what this is, i have tried to read the russian forum but as i don't know Russian and copy-pasting to Google Translate is alot of work as Google dosn't translate it correct

So my questions is

1. Is the BDP-150_SP-downgrade.rar for downgrading the 1.05 to be abel to install the custom firmware? (i did download it from somewhere with the filesize of 71 984 kB)
2. If yes can anyone please provide a guide (or a link) on how to do this downgrade?

The most important think for me is the region free part of the blu-ray playback, the rest of the firmware is just bonuses.

Thanks

Sorry if this have been answeard already and i have missed it, if so please provide me with the post #
post #377 of 726 Old 09-08-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Butler View Post

3. I would assume that any 450 I buy now will have the later 2.09 or above firmware. Am I correct in understanding that I need to install 5.10 which will downgrade the firmware and then allow me to install 4.0x. Or can I just use the downgrade from here https://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=d/5c5fDVtk4MKBhKFfxrvI49%2BjUgshjCRUCmbJKxcQ4%3D&locale=ru ?.
AFAK, the process is the following: FW 2.09 -> CFW 5.10 -> CFW 5.05 -> Any 4.x firmware
post #378 of 726 Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

I own A400, Dune 303D and two Pio 150s with 5.09a firmware. Dune's are all exhibiting micro judder that on plasma is plain disgusting, even with BD ISOs but more so with mkvs. A400 has finally fixed microjudder issue with Aug 2013 firmware but they lack quality Zoom function and cannot scale well. Pioneer is free from Sigma judder issues, plays 3D superbly, Deep 12-bit color, also streams from NAS over SMB or NFS or even DLNA and does so like real Bluray player - motion is smooth, no color bleeding, Mediatek real BD Chip with scaler is far better than Sigma if you are a video purist, MT8555 is the chip to use for video. Think true networked media player with real Bluray player video quality. I am keeping one of my 150 for sure.
Quote:

post #379 of 726 Old 09-09-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post

I own A400, Dune 303D and two Pio 150s with 5.09a firmware. Dune's are all exhibiting micro judder that on plasma is plain disgusting, even with BD ISOs but more so with mkvs. A400 has finally fixed microjudder issue with Aug 2013 firmware but they lack quality Zoom function and cannot scale well. Pioneer is free from Sigma judder issues, plays 3D superbly, Deep 12-bit color, also streams from NAS over SMB or NFS or even DLNA and does so like real Bluray player - motion is smooth, no color bleeding, Mediatek real BD Chip with scaler is far better than Sigma if you are a video purist, MT8555 is the chip to use for video. Think true networked media player with real Bluray player video quality. I am keeping one of my 150 for sure.

Good information, thanks. I have never noticed studdering or judder with my Dune Base but it is one of the older models that handled BD-ISO and MKV well. I am interested in video quality and one of my biggest gripes with the Dune has always been that it forces 4:4:4 colorspace. I prefer to have it send 4:2:2 colorspace to my processor (DVDO DUO) and let that do the conversion to 4:4:4 and then out to the projector. I'm reading mixed reviews about the Pio's ability to do SMB shares however and that is one thing that works very well with my Dune.
post #380 of 726 Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Yes SMB from my Synology is not working well with 3D or even hi-bitrate files, but works extremely well over NFS. To me Pioneer preserves the smoothness and blacks that optical Bluray players have. It is an excellent machine for sure for video. I thought Dune allows you to select 8bit vs. 10bit within YCrBr colorspace, 303d has a setting for that but I suspect it does not work well. I am waiting for my Edge to arrive and I will try it.
Quote:

Good information, thanks. I have never noticed studdering or judder with my Dune Base but it is one of the older models that handled BD-ISO and MKV well. I am interested in video quality and one of my biggest gripes with the Dune has always been that it forces 4:4:4 colorspace. I prefer to have it send 4:2:2 colorspace to my processor (DVDO DUO) and let that do the conversion to 4:4:4 and then out to the projector. I'm reading mixed reviews about the Pio's ability to do SMB shares however and that is one thing that works very well with my Dune.
post #381 of 726 Old 09-10-2013, 02:14 AM

My pioneer BDP-150 with CFW 4.03 no longer plays the latest blu-rays as it needs a firmware update. Anyone able to let me know how to roll it back to mainstream version 1.05?

Thanks.
post #382 of 726 Old 09-10-2013, 03:19 PM

Just spent 4 days trying to satisfy this player's narrow support criteria. The reviews on the Pioneer WNA are terrible. Will the BDP62FD support the NETGEAR Universal N300 Wi-Fi to Ethernet Adapter (WNCE2001)? I am ready to buy this WNA if I can confirm positive support.

[email protected]
post #383 of 726 Old 09-11-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grill View Post

AFAK, the process is the following: FW 2.09 -> CFW 5.10 -> CFW 5.05 -> Any 4.x firmware

I never did a double 5.xx install, just a single 5.xx install then straight onto 4.0x

I did get it hanging at the end of the 4.0x install as a few people mentioned and a hard reset seemed to bring it back online with 4.0x which then activated with no problems.
Paul Butler likes this.
post #384 of 726 Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdanvers View Post

Just spent 4 days trying to satisfy this player's narrow support criteria. The reviews on the Pioneer WNA are terrible. Will the BDP62FD support the NETGEAR Universal N300 Wi-Fi to Ethernet Adapter (WNCE2001)? I am ready to buy this WNA if I can confirm positive support.

[email protected]

Personally I would go EOP rather than a Ethernet to Wi-Fi adapter. I have found them to be much more reliable and transparent to anything that you plug into them.
post #385 of 726 Old 09-11-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommag View Post

My pioneer BDP-150 with CFW 4.03 no longer plays the latest blu-rays as it needs a firmware update. Anyone able to let me know how to roll it back to mainstream version 1.05?

Thanks.

Which BR's is it not playing. I would be interested to try them. I have played back some very recent 3DBRISO's on it without any problems.
post #386 of 726 Old 09-11-2013, 05:13 PM

Will the BDP62FD support Netgear wireless network adapter?
post #387 of 726 Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinit View Post

Hello

I did buy a 150 for about 6 months ago hoping it to have 1.02 but it come with 1.05, after that i had alot of work so havnt follow'd what have happend to the custom firmware for a while.

I did read the whole thread and found out there is a file called BDP-150_SP-downgrade.rar (71 984 kB) and now i try to find info about what this is, i have tried to read the russian forum but as i don't know Russian and copy-pasting to Google Translate is alot of work as Google dosn't translate it correct

So my questions is

1. Is the BDP-150_SP-downgrade.rar for downgrading the 1.05 to be abel to install the custom firmware? (i did download it from somewhere with the filesize of 71 984 kB)
2. If yes can anyone please provide a guide (or a link) on how to do this downgrade?

The most important think for me is the region free part of the blu-ray playback, the rest of the firmware is just bonuses.

Thanks

Sorry if this have been answeard already and i have missed it, if so please provide me with the post #

This can be ignored. Did try it last night and it work'd
First i did run the downgrade (i had 1.05) after that i could update to 4.03
post #388 of 726 Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1280 Post(s)
Liked: 2111
Owner's,

There is a very short leash on discussing the modified firmware on this site.

1. You may not post links to the firmware or the hosting site.

2. Discussion of how to purchase is not allowed on this site.

3. Discussion of how to bypass Blu-ray security features is not allowed.

Thanks,

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #389 of 726 Old 09-12-2013, 01:02 PM

I've figured out that the new firmware CFW 4.03 has stopped my bdp-150 from playing 3d films, anyone know a way around this?
post #390 of 726 Old 09-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
WHAT???? is it activated? YOU royally screwed up. It's nothing to do with the CFW!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Blu Ray Players , Pioneer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page