Official Sony BDP-S590 and BDP-390 Thread - Page 142 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 100Likes

post #4231 of 4231 Old 08-13-2019, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves40th View Post
I was using the BDP 390 yesterday and went to Prime Video, Amazon. It said, this feature is only good till 9/26.
Is this a Sony thing?
My Pandora also wont allow me to skip songs after 3. Pandora says this Sony model wont allow it.
COnfused. But, it is 9 years olds. Still works.
The companies that make the apps (in this case Amazon) do not want to keep building and testing new versions of the apps for the multitude of BlueRay players and smart TVs as new ones are released every year. The testing effort becomes unwieldy and new versions of the apps may need features not supported on the operating systems embedded in those players and TVs. They tend to keep supporting their own add-on devices (e.g., Amazon Fire Stick) or other popular add-on devices like Google Chromecast dongle, etc.
steves40th likes this.

Mark
Panasonic VIERA TC-P60ST60 Plasma, NAD T775 receiver, OPPO BDP-103, AT&T uVerse
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable w/Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, NAD PP-2 phono preamp
Era D5 front left/right, Era D5 LCR center, Triad in-ceiling Mini 8/LCR surrounds, dual SVS SB12-NSD subs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bdp , Blu Ray Players , connect , physical , router , Sony Bdp S390 Blu Ray Player , Sony Bdp S590 3d Blu Ray Player , switch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page