Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 609 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10201Likes

post #18241 of 25731 Old 09-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5784 Post(s)
Liked: 8258
^ OK, let's talk about Chroma on HDMI 2. What calibration disc and calibration chart are you using, and what are you seeing? Also, are you using 1080p Resolution, or AUTO or SOURCE DIRECT?
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18242 of 25731 Old 09-14-2014, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ OK, let's talk about Chroma on HDMI 2. What calibration disc and calibration chart are you using, and what are you seeing? Also, are you using 1080p Resolution, or AUTO or SOURCE DIRECT?
--Bob
thank you.

I have spear and munsil calibration disk II.
I have in parallel a HTPC with Madvr and avisynth. So i compare all chroma upsampling algoritm and i know very well how i video chain work.

The chroma i see is only a little better than a bilinear. Is certainly worse than a Mitchell-Netravali or Catmull Rom.

I use 1080p resolution on 1080p screen.
the chroma is bad in 422 444 and RGB.... practically always.

The chroma multiburst pattern of spears are always failed.
post #18243 of 25731 Old 09-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ I'm not seeing that on my 103. I just tested my 103 with HDMI 2 output at explicit 1080p, with RGB Video Level, YCbCr 4:4:4, and YCbCr 4:2:2, and with Deep Color OFF and Deep Color 30-bits, and the Chroma Multiburst chart on Spears & Munsil, v2, looks good to me for all of these.

Either there's something we've not yet discussed in your setup, or perhaps what you are seeing is peculiar to the EU version of the firmware?

Could you post some screen photos showing what you are seeing on this Chroma Multiburst chart?
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18244 of 25731 Old 09-14-2014, 08:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 52
So I have this weird phenomenon occurring. Im using the HDMI input on my 103D and with both my apple tv or my PS4 after about half hour of use I get a loud screeching white noise that doesn't go away unless i power down each device. any suggestions as to what this could be?
post #18245 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3777 Post(s)
Liked: 2977
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPAsghar View Post
So I have this weird phenomenon occurring. Im using the HDMI input on my 103D and with both my apple tv or my PS4 after about half hour of use I get a loud screeching white noise that doesn't go away unless i power down each device. any suggestions as to what this could be?
Sounds like a HDCP handshake failure at the AVR. For some reason the AVR is getting confused about the type input it is decoding. All the usual HDMI troubleshooting steps will apply here, including swapping out cables. Resolving it should be as simple as switching the AVR to a different input and back again.
post #18246 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Quote:
Sounds like a HDCP handshake failure at the AVR. For some reason the AVR is getting confused about the type input it is decoding. All the usual HDMI troubleshooting steps will apply here, including swapping out cables. Resolving it should be as simple as switching the AVR to a different input and back again.

Thanks for reply. Problem is I'm not using AVR. I've got oppo hooked directly to amp with preouts and hdmi to tv. Already switched out hdmi cables. This problem happens everytime and usually about 30-60 minutes into using the device (Apple TV or ps4)
post #18247 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Thanks for reply. Problem is I'm not using AVR. I've got oppo hooked directly to amp with preouts and hdmi to tv. Already switched out hdmi cables. This problem happens everytime and usually about 30-60 minutes into using the device (Apple TV or ps4)
OK, we need details on how things are cabled. All the HDMI connections are critical, even the ones you think are not actually in use.

So you've got HDMI 1 output going to your TV. Got it.

Now, how are you cabled for audio? HDMI 2 to an AVR with pre-outs to your amp, or Analog from the OPPO to the pre-amp? Is HDMI 2 also cabled from the OPPO to ANYTHING? If so, do you have Split A/V or Dual Display set?

If using an AVR (even as just a pre-amp), do you also have HDMI from the AVR going to a different input of the TV?

-------------------------------------------

How do you have the OPPO installed as regards ventilation? Is it in an enclosed cabinet where it can get hot? Is it sitting on top of something that gets hot?

Same question for your Apple TV and PS4 installation?

Although it is possible there's a hardware problem here, what you are describing sounds like a failure of the periodic HDMI copy protection re-check (called HDCP). That failure SHOULD result in audio being muted while the audio path gets re-established.

It may turn out you need to send the player back to OPPO for service, but that's a pretty unusual sort of failure, so let's continue looking at your setup first.
--Bob

post #18248 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
OK, we need details on how things are cabled. All the HDMI connections are critical, even the ones you think are not actually in use.

Now, how are you cabled for audio? HDMI 2 to an AVR with pre-outs to your amp, or Analog from the OPPO to the pre-amp? Is HDMI 2 also cabled from the OPPO to ANYTHING? If so, do you have Split A/V or Dual Display set?

If using an AVR (even as just a pre-amp), do you also have HDMI from the AVR going to a different input of the TV?

How do you have the OPPO installed as regards ventilation? Is it in an enclosed cabinet where it can get hot? Is it sitting on top of something that gets hot?

Although it is possible there's a hardware problem here, what you are describing sounds like a failure of the periodic HDMI copy protection re-check (called HDCP). That failure SHOULD result in audio being muted while the audio path gets re-established.

It may turn out you need to send the player back to OPPO for service, but that's a pretty unusual sort of failure, so let's continue looking at your setup first.
--Bob
Pretty basic set up.

Oppo connected to emotiva xpa 3 with two audioquest RCA cables. Then oppo connected to TV via hdmi (I've used everything from rocketfish, audioquest and monster isf certified blah blah blah lol) I have it set to dual display and even tried it split av. The ps4/Apple TV are connected via audioquest to hdmi 1 in rear and that's it really. No avr. No pre-amp. My oppo is me pre-amp I guess. I had a denon x4000 (sold) as a preamp and never had this problem. I thought it was Apple TV and I exchanged in for new. Thought it was Apple TV again until the ps4 started doing it. I have to reset everything to get it to stop. Mute doesn't work and flipping inputs on oppo doesn't either. I really appreciate ur help here

Oh and ventilation. I've used it in multiple scenarios with same result. My old home it was sitting out on top of my av cabinet, kept very cool. New place it does have to go into my cabinet and sits on top of my amp. Same with Apple TV and ps4
post #18249 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Pretty basic set up.

Oppo connected to emotiva xpa 3 with two audioquest RCA cables. Then oppo connected to TV via hdmi (I've used everything from rocketfish, audioquest and monster isf certified blah blah blah lol) I have it set to dual display and even tried it split av. The ps4/Apple TV are connected via audioquest to hdmi 1 in rear and that's it really. No avr. No pre-amp. My oppo is me pre-amp I guess. I had a denon x4000 (sold) as a preamp and never had this problem. I thought it was Apple TV and I exchanged in for new. Thought it was Apple TV again until the ps4 started doing it. I have to reset everything to get it to stop. Mute doesn't work and flipping inputs on oppo doesn't either. I really appreciate ur help here

Oh and ventilation. I've used it in multiple scenarios with same result. My old home it was sitting out on top of my av cabinet, kept very cool. New place it does have to go into my cabinet and sits on top of my amp. Same with Apple TV and ps4
Have you turned off the audio on HDMI-1?
post #18250 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Pretty basic set up.

Have you turned off the audio on HDMI-1?
No. I didn't. Didn't think of doing that. Let me try. Problem is it takes 30-60 min for occurrence to happen lol
post #18251 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 718
The EU beta firmware BDP10XEU-77-0827B has just become available

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
post #18252 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
(When did AVS stop supporting Strike-through?)
--Bob
It would seem you can still manually add the [ s ] and [ /s ] tags

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
post #18253 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--Bob
Pretty basic set up.

You have BOTH the AppleTV and PS4 connected to the same HDMI Input of the OPPO? How? Are you using an HDMI switch? If so, disconnect the switch and see if the problem happens with just one of them connected to the OPPO. Switches are a common source of problems.

While you are at it, if you are using short HDMI cables, try a 6 foot, high speed cable to connect that source to the OPPO.
--Bob
post #18254 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ The fact that Mute on the OPPO doesn't cut the noise suggests your OPPO needs hardware service.
--Bob
lanping09 likes this.
post #18255 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 10:56 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
^ I'm not seeing that on my 103. I just tested my 103 with HDMI 2 output at explicit 1080p, with RGB Video Level, YCbCr 4:4:4, and YCbCr 4:2:2, and with Deep Color OFF and Deep Color 30-bits, and the Chroma Multiburst chart on Spears & Munsil, v2, looks good to me for all of these.

Either there's something we've not yet discussed in your setup, or perhaps what you are seeing is peculiar to the EU version of the firmware?

Could you post some screen photos showing what you are seeing on this Chroma Multiburst chart?
--Bob
I try to post some pics:

1) The chroma multiburst is perfect in HDMI1, without the more dark stripes
2) red and blue patterns are perfectly alligned in HDMI1 and always disallined in HDMI2 (every color space)
3) diagonal chroma lines are a simil bilinear here but are perfectly smooth in HDMI1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	multiburst bad.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	263938   Click image for larger version

Name:	disallineament red.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	263946   Click image for larger version

Name:	disallineament blue.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	263954   Click image for larger version

Name:	bad chroma.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	174.8 KB
ID:	263962  
lanping09 likes this.
post #18256 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2197 Post(s)
Liked: 3321
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Harmony software thinks the 103 is a "music system," and most of the remote buttons don't end up getting programmed on the harmony. You get a better and faster result if you tell the harmony software that the Oppo is an Oppo BDP-93, which uses the same remote as the 103. Harmony software categorizes the 93 as a BluRay/DVD player and will program the Harmony remote properly--there may be a few buttons to add, but much less work than if Harmony thinks you are training its remote to operate a 103.
I had no problem adding the 103 to my Harmony 688. All the buttons were programmed properly and the 688 works fine with the 103.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #18257 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 04:38 PM

Liked: 0
Bad color output on new BDP-103

I'm new to this forum and last week acquired a new region-free (hardware-modified) Oppo BDP-103. Twice now it has displayed a color-distorted picture from different BD's -- heavy on green and really awful. Cycling power on the player seems to solve the problem, but I'm wondering if I should immediately exchange it for a replacement (because it's a modified region-free player, I can only exchange it for the same model). I haven't updated any firmware yet and have it connected to my Yamaha receiver via HDMI. I did make a few tweaks to the settings based on forum advice, but otherwise haven't messed with it. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
post #18258 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 04:50 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboedicker View Post
I'm new to this forum and last week acquired a new region-free (hardware-modified) Oppo BDP-103. Twice now it has displayed a color-distorted picture from different BD's -- heavy on green and really awful. Cycling power on the player seems to solve the problem, but I'm wondering if I should immediately exchange it for a replacement (because it's a modified region-free player, I can only exchange it for the same model). I haven't updated any firmware yet and have it connected to my Yamaha receiver via HDMI. I did make a few tweaks to the settings based on forum advice, but otherwise haven't messed with it. Is this a known issue? Thanks.
This sounds like a HDMI handshake issue.
Not sure if returning the player and getting another one will solve this. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
post #18259 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 04:50 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4545 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
I'm new to this forum and last week acquired a new region-free (hardware-modified) Oppo BDP-103. Twice now it has displayed a color-distorted picture from different BD's -- heavy on green and really awful.
Welcome to AVSForum.

Your gear is having a disagreement about correct color space. What color space do you have the player set at? Try varying the order you turn the different pieces on. I do display first, player last.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #18260 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobearQSI View Post
It's not the best choice for level matching. It can be used, but you'd need to do things like make sure your crossovers are all set and still operational, yet still disable the sub completely so that it doesn't contribute to the volume measured.

Also, most common SPL meters (and especially the cheap ones) are most accurate in that 500 - 2k range, and can lose their accuracy in the lower frequencies, so a band-limited pink noise is best for level matching.

Personally, I just use the receiver's Audyssey setup to do the level matching for me, but I'm all digital and that doesn't work with the Oppo's analog outs.
I just did some tests myself with the AIX disc and I can confirm all that has been said here.
For volume matching this is not a great disc. Even if I disable the sub the volume is still not exactly the same. Not a huge difference but there is some dB difference.
The pink noise from my receiver is far better for volume matching.

Panasonic TX-P50GT60 / Marantz SR5004 / 4 x KEF HTS 3001 SE (front + rear) + HTC 3001 SE (centre) + REL T-9 sub / Oppo BDP-103EU (MultiRegion+MultiZone)
post #18261 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 05:09 PM

Liked: 0
Thanks for the response. I've got color space set at YCbCr 4:4:4, which was recommended in Bill McClain's Oppo-BDP 103 Settings Checklist (and apparently it's what the "Auto" choice defaults to as well). I'm using an existing HDMI cable, not the one Oppo provided.

The problem happened today when my wife used the Oppo. She didn't turn off the player or TV, and when I came home from work and put the BD back in (one of the Harry Potter films), sure enough, it was the garish colors I'd experience myself last week. When I turned the Oppo off and back on, everything was returned to normal. I'm just wondering if I should sit on the issue and observe for a week, or return it right away for an exchange.
post #18262 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the response. I've got color space set at YCbCr 4:4:4, which was recommended in Bill McClain's Oppo-BDP 103 Settings Checklist (and apparently it's what the "Auto" choice defaults to as well). I'm using an existing HDMI cable, not the one Oppo provided.

The problem happened today when my wife used the Oppo. She didn't turn off the player or TV, and when I came home from work and put the BD back in (one of the Harry Potter films), sure enough, it was the garish colors I'd experience myself last week. When I turned the Oppo off and back on, everything was returned to normal. I'm just wondering if I should sit on the issue and observe for a week, or return it right away for an exchange.
As already mentioned, there's nothing wrong with your player. "Ghastly Green" as its called is a color space error where the display is expecting one thing and getting another. Handshake errors can also trigger this. Start by swapping in a different HDMI cable in any relevant connection, including the cable from AVR to TV if there is one.

If you're running HDMI through an AVR, be sure that ALL video processing is off in the AVR. You might get some additional assist in the appropriate thread for your TV, since it may have its own quirks to deal with.
post #18263 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 05:26 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4545 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:

Bill McClain is never wrong.

It is extremely unlikely anything is wrong with your player. It is a failed negotiation over color space which would be the same on the replacement player. I would look at achieving a consistent startup order for each piece of gear.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #18264 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I had no problem adding the 103 to my Harmony 688. All the buttons were programmed properly and the 688 works fine with the 103.

Bill
Perhaps Harmony changed the software recently, but my experience with declaring to the software that I had an Oppo 103 produced few programmed buttons, but telling the software I had an Oppo 93 got me 95% of what I wanted.

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #18265 of 25731 Old 09-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2197 Post(s)
Liked: 3321
Quote:
Perhaps Harmony changed the software recently, but my experience with declaring to the software that I had an Oppo 103 produced few programmed buttons, but telling the software I had an Oppo 93 got me 95% of what I wanted.
I've had the 103 for quite awhile and programmed it since day one. I'm not sure if there have been software changes but I've never had an issue. I've created different activities with the 103 a number of different times without any issues.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Marantz SA-10, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #18266 of 25731 Old 09-16-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I've had the 103 for quite awhile and programmed it since day one. I'm not sure if there have been software changes but I've never had an issue. I've created different activities with the 103 a number of different times without any issues.

Bill
Works fine for me, too (Harmony 650 / Oppo 103D).

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #18267 of 25731 Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Amazing! ...That is almost twenty firmware updates since first released. ...Talk about constant support! ...Extremely cool.
Agreed, Bob!

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #18268 of 25731 Old 09-16-2014, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Harmony software thinks the 103 is a "music system," and most of the remote buttons don't end up getting programmed on the harmony. You get a better and faster result if you tell the harmony software that the Oppo is an Oppo BDP-93, which uses the same remote as the 103. Harmony software categorizes the 93 as a BluRay/DVD player and will program the Harmony remote properly--there may be a few buttons to add, but much less work than if Harmony thinks you are training its remote to operate a 103.
Many thanks for this pbarach. I have a new Harmony waiting for programming. This should help ease the process. (I suspect I've seen this advice before. But I would not have remembered it when I needed it.)

Ken

Given others' different experience with the Harmony software, I'd better experiment. By the way, what version of the control software are you using? And what remotes? (This is getting a little off topic. So ignore if you think it's over the line.)

Last edited by kendo70433; 09-16-2014 at 12:13 PM.
post #18269 of 25731 Old 09-16-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo70433 View Post
Many thanks for this pbarach. I have a new Harmony waiting for programming. This should help ease the process. (I suspect I've seen this advice before. But I would not have remembered it when I needed it.)

Ken

Given others' different experience with the Harmony software, I'd better experiment. By the way, what version of the control software are you using? And what remotes? (This is getting a little off topic. So ignore if you think it's over the line.)
As others have pointed out, this is no longer the case. Maybe when the 103 was first released, but no longer. Harmony sees my 103D as a "home theater" device, not a music device. All buttons are available between the physical buttons and the screens. No need to set it up as a 93.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60, Pioneer SC-1523-K, Oppo BDP-103D, Pioneer PL-550 + Cambridge Audio Azur 640P, B&W CM1 (fronts), B&W CM Centre, Athena Point 5 Mk II (rears), Hsu VTF-2
----------------------------------------
Sony 34XBR960, Onkyo TX-NR414, Sony PS3, Athena Point 5 Mk II (center and fronts), Wharfedale WH-2 (rears), Polk PSW10
post #18270 of 25731 Old 09-16-2014, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am hoping other experts have an insight into what's happening....

I've been generally happy with my Oppo BDP-103, but of late I've noticed something peculiar and it's bugging me. I can live with this,but would prefer if there's someway of addressing it. So here goes...

When I am loading or playing Blu-Rays, there's a distinct 6 second lag between the time the counter on the Oppo begins to the time that video/audio are output.After this point on, everything works fine. This does not happen with SACDs loaded into the Oppo.

I have verified that there's no issue with HDMI handshake between player and AV receiver. Other inputs to AV receiver such as Roku or Apple TV do not display this behavior.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, what is the workaround?

Thank you.

Andy

Receiver: Denon AVR X3300W, Blu-Ray: Oppo UDP-203, TV: LG OLED65C7P
Speakers: Klipsch RF-7 II Floorstanding, RC-64 II Center Channel, RS-62 II Surround Speakers, RP-140SA (Dolby Atmos elevation speakers)
Subwoofer: SVS Sound PB-2000, Roku 4, Apple TV 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page