Official OPPO BDP-103 Owner's Thread - Page 835 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10201Likes

post #25021 of 25731 Old 02-02-2018, 05:04 AM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Liked: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob View Post
Maybe, but my network is rock solid on every other device. I have a high end cable modem and high end TP link router. Any settings to change DHCP or ?
High end gear can still have configuration problems.

Is your Oppo set to be assigned an IP dynamically, i.e. by the router’s DHCP?

Are any devices on your network assigned a static IP, i.e. manually? If so what are those IP addresses and what is the range of addresses set in your router as the DHCP pool, i.e. addresses available to be dynamically assigned to network devices set to DHCP?

Did we touch on an app called Fing? That’s the first tool I use when something screwy like what you’re going through happens to me.

Have you tried swapping the Oppo’s Ethernet cable with another cable plugged into the same switch, i.e. swap switch ports?

Jeff

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25022 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
If you are asking about the Wifi dongle, it has to be OPPO. The player only has the Wifi driver for the dongle provided by OPPO.
--Bob
Unfortunately we do not have this specific wireless adapter anymore, but you can use one of the following on Amazon.com as they are compatible with the player:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC6T7KB/

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017N6KI8W/

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.

post #25023 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepar View Post
High end gear can still have configuration problems.

Is your Oppo set to be assigned an IP dynamically, i.e. by the router’s DHCP?

Are any devices on your network assigned a static IP, i.e. manually? If so what are those IP addresses and what is the range of addresses set in your router as the DHCP pool, i.e. addresses available to be dynamically assigned to network devices set to DHCP?

Did we touch on an app called Fing? That’s the first tool I use when something screwy like what you’re going through happens to me.

Have you tried swapping the Oppo’s Ethernet cable with another cable plugged into the same switch, i.e. swap switch ports?

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff

I do have 1 static device, my security DVR, see attached. The OPPO is #21

And yes I have swapped cables and router ports.

thx

bob

EDIT: Fing is awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	router.png
Views:	27
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	2356132  

Last edited by spongebob; 02-04-2018 at 10:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25024 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5784 Post(s)
Liked: 8258
Quote:
Unfortunately we do not have this specific wireless adapter anymore, but you can use one of the following on Amazon.com as they are compatible with the player:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XC6T7KB/

and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017N6KI8W/

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.

Good to know! Thanks for posting that.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #25025 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I reached out to Oppo. They said I would need to check with the specifications on the IR repeater. If it supports direct IR to the player with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable, it should work.

If I do get the one from amazon, I would only use the IR receiver and get two 3.5mm to 3.5mm cables. I'll report back results. Thanks all.
So it turns out I already have everything I needed! Good to be a hoarder...lol!

I have the Sanus repeater stored away as well as a few 3.5mm cables. I routed the hard-wired receiver to the front of my cabinet and plugged a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the Sanus to the back of both the 103 and Yamaha AVR and all is working perfectly!
gsr and pepar like this.

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
post #25026 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Wireless member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Liked: 891
Quote:
Thanks, Jeff

I do have 1 static device, my security DVR, see attached. The OPPO is #21

And yes I have swapped cables and router ports.

thx

bob

EDIT: Fing is awesome
Hmmm, item #11 has a static IP of 192.168.1.104 which appears like it might be in the DHCP pool; the other IP addresses are below and above it. I previously had issues with assigning a static IP from the DHCP pool, but only when the DHCP also assigned the IP. If your DHCP pool is set to default (100 to 199), then try assigning item #11 to 192.168.1.99. Or, if it is simpler, edit your DHCP pool to be 105 to 199.

I am now leaning toward this being your problem all along; it would only raise its head in the circumstance I mentioned.

Jeff
Bob Pariseau likes this.

"The future is already here, it's just not evenly distributed." W. Gibson

"I like the future, I'm in it." F. Theater
post #25027 of 25731 Old 02-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Hmmm, item #11 has a static IP of 192.168.1.104 which appears like it might be in the DHCP pool; the other IP addresses are below and above it. I previously had issues with assigning a static IP from the DHCP pool, but only when the DHCP also assigned the IP. If your DHCP pool is set to default (100 to 199), then try assigning item #11 to 192.168.1.99. Or, if it is simpler, edit your DHCP pool to be 105 to 199.

I am now leaning toward this being your problem all along; it would only raise its head in the circumstance I mentioned.

Jeff
^ What he said.

spongebob,
Using static IP addresses which happen to be within the range the Router is allowed to use to satisfy DHCP requests is a *CLASSIC* way to get things to fail, and the symptoms would be, basically, what have been reported.

Static IP addresses should always be assigned OUTSIDE the range of the Router's pool of addresses for satisfying DHCP requests.
--Bob
645824 likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #25028 of 25731 Old 02-05-2018, 04:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 1998
Quote:

Jeff
Quote:
^ What he said.

spongebob,
Using static IP addresses which happen to be within the range the Router is allowed to use to satisfy DHCP requests is a *CLASSIC* way to get things to fail, and the symptoms would be, basically, what have been reported.

Static IP addresses should always be assigned OUTSIDE the range of the Router's pool of addresses for satisfying DHCP requests.
--Bob
Agree completely, one other way to do static IP addresses is to use DHCP reservations. It tells the DHCP server to always serve the same address to a device - this sets a static (unchanging) IP address but lets the DHCP server know about it.

In both approaches, the goal is to set an IP address that the DHCP server won't send to another device.
jskang likes this.
post #25029 of 25731 Old 02-13-2018, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just noticed it's been over a year since any firmware update has come out. No problems, but I'd like to see updated apps and a general web browser for looking at non-youtube videos. (But NOT that auto-playing Netflix app on my new Roku.)

Just a thought. Ken
fgsouza likes this.
post #25030 of 25731 Old 02-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendo70433 View Post
I just noticed it's been over a year since any firmware update has come out. No problems, but I'd like to see updated apps and a general web browser for looking at non-youtube videos. (But NOT that auto-playing Netflix app on my new Roku.)

Just a thought. Ken
Although OPPO has surprised us in the past, I think it pretty unlikely you'll see feature additions to the 10x players at this point.

The apps, in particularly, will be tough, as they come from the Internet service companies (like Netflix) who prefer to spend their time on features for new players.
--Bob
fgsouza likes this.

post #25031 of 25731 Old 02-15-2018, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi. Ive got a chance to pick up one of these for a really good price. Can anyone confirm if the youtube app on this still works? I heard that it no longer works on the 93.
Thanks Joe
post #25032 of 25731 Old 02-15-2018, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by joez7700 View Post
Hi. Ive got a chance to pick up one of these for a really good price. Can anyone confirm if the youtube app on this still works? I heard that it no longer works on the 93.
Thanks Joe
It works fine, but it isn't the latest user interface that you find on, for example, Roku. It can also be controlled from an iPhone or an Android phone.

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #25033 of 25731 Old 02-15-2018, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Quote:
Thanks Joe
It works fine, but it isn't the latest user interface that you find on, for example, Roku. It can also be controlled from an iPhone or an Android phone.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm ok with it not being the most up to date interface. Just glad that it still works. I plan on hooking it up with on older non smart tv.
Joe
post #25034 of 25731 Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Thanks Joe
Just tried the builtin YouTube app on my 103. Works fine!

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #25035 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Not getting Atmos signal from OPPO Bro-103

Hello All,

So after many years of waiting I finally set up my 7.2.2 system. I ran the Audyssey in Marantz 7009 and all speakers were picked up and configured. But when I am running the Dolly Atmos demo disc or an Atmos movie through Oppo I am only getting 7.1 TrueHD signal and Marantz does not show a Atmos signal. Also in the info on the Marantz I see I only getting 7.1 signal coming even though Marantz does show heights as an active speaker available with no signal. I checked everything on Oppo and audio format is Bitstream out with secondary audio off.
Can some please help with what?s going as it?s very frustrating to not be able to enjoy Atmos after all the hard work. Thank you
post #25036 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 06:43 AM
The Ultimate chest punch!

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked: 1821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothmhz View Post
Hello All,

So after many years of waiting I finally set up my 7.2.2 system. I ran the Audyssey in Marantz 7009 and all speakers were picked up and configured. But when I am running the Dolly Atmos demo disc or an Atmos movie through Oppo I am only getting 7.1 TrueHD signal and Marantz does not show a Atmos signal. Also in the info on the Marantz I see I only getting 7.1 signal coming even though Marantz does show heights as an active speaker available with no signal. I checked everything on Oppo and audio format is Bitstream out with secondary audio off.
Can some please help with what?s going as it?s very frustrating to not be able to enjoy Atmos after all the hard work. Thank you
From the Oppo Web Site:

"Required Settings for Dolby Atmos Audio Output

The BDP-10x series of players are capable of bitstreaming Dolby Atmos content to a receiver that is capable of decoding Dolby Atmos. In order to ensure that the audio is being output appropriately from the OPPO player, please use the following settings:

Change HDMI Audio to Bitstream
1. Go to the Setup Menu and then Audio Format Setup.
2. Select HDMI Audio and choose Bitstream.
Ensure That Secondary Audio is Off
2. Select Secondary Audio and choose Off.
Typically, you will need to have a Dolby Atmos setup in order for your AV receiver/processor to display that it is receiving a Dolby Atmos audio stream. Otherwise, it may indicate that it is receiving a Dolby TrueHD audio stream."

https://www.oppodigital.com/Knowledg...prodID=BDP-103

AdamG, ...out!
The government cannot give to anybody,
anything that the government does not first,
take from somebody else.
post #25037 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamg (Ret-Navy) View Post
Quote:
Hello All,

From the Oppo Web Site:

"Required Settings for Dolby Atmos Audio Output

The BDP-10x series of players are capable of bitstreaming Dolby Atmos content to a receiver that is capable of decoding Dolby Atmos. In order to ensure that the audio is being output appropriately from the OPPO player, please use the following settings:

Change HDMI Audio to Bitstream
2. Select HDMI Audio and choose Bitstream.
Ensure That Secondary Audio is Off
2. Select Secondary Audio and choose Off.
Typically, you will need to have a Dolby Atmos setup in order for your AV receiver/processor to display that it is receiving a Dolby Atmos audio stream. Otherwise, it may indicate that it is receiving a Dolby TrueHD audio stream."

https://www.oppodigital.com/Knowledg...prodID=BDP-103
I have tried the instructions, audio is at Bitstream, Marantz does play a test tone through heights but no Atmos from OPPO only TureHD.
post #25038 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3776 Post(s)
Liked: 2977
Quote:
I have tried the instructions, audio is at Bitstream, Marantz does play a test tone through heights but no Atmos from OPPO only TureHD.
In case you're confused about what the player says it is sending, the Oppo will never actually display "Atmos", it will only say "Dolby TrueHD". As long as the Oppo says that, then its is sending the bitstream correctly. Your issue appears to lie in the AVR, I suggest you ask in the dedicated thread for that AVR. .
post #25039 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Hello All,

Just a shot in the dark, but what do you have the Marantz Surround options set to? Make sure it is set to Dolby Surround.
fgsouza likes this.
post #25040 of 25731 Old 02-19-2018, 07:45 AM

[QUOTE=Sanjay;55718608]
Quote:
Hello All,

Just a shot in the dark, but what do you have the Marantz Surround options set to? Make sure it is set to Dolby Surround.
That worked the majic of Atmos is working. Thank you so much.
Sanjay likes this.
post #25041 of 25731 Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Issue playing blu-rays through HDMI Out 2

I have the Oppo 103 connected directly to my projector (Epson TW 6700) for troubleshooting purposes. When I play a Blu-ray through HDMI Out 2, the video starts playing and then gets cuts off as soon as the audio portion is encountered. No audio and video beyond this point. HDMI Out 1 works fine.

Other sources work fine though HDMI Out 2 (DVD's, native apps etc). The issue is only with blu-rays. Any thoughts on what my issue might be?

Thanks!

Last edited by liverpool_for_life; 03-01-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added info
post #25042 of 25731 Old 03-01-2018, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool_for_life View Post
Any thoughts on what my issue might be?
Good chance your hdmi cable is not robust enough. Make sure it's spec-ed for blu-ray or better. (Not sure if length is an issue, but hdmi cables that are too long (or too short so I've read) can be problematic too.)
post #25043 of 25731 Old 03-01-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
Good chance your hdmi cable is not robust enough. [...]
I am using the same HDMI cable to test HDMI Out 1 and Out 2. The issue with HDMI Out 2 is consistently reproducible.
post #25044 of 25731 Old 03-02-2018, 01:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
I am using the same HDMI cable to test HDMI Out 1 and Out 2. The issue with HDMI Out 2 is consistently reproducible.
In that case, perhaps there's some setting differences between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in HDMI Options settings. Or play with your Dual HDMI Output setting.
post #25045 of 25731 Old 03-02-2018, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
In that case, perhaps there's some setting differences between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 in HDMI Options settings.
No difference whatsoever. I also reset to factory defaults, just to cover that possibility as well. Issue persists.

Quote:
Or play with your Dual HDMI Output setting.
These settings only matter when both Outputs are simultaneously active. In any event, with both outputs connected and using the Split A/V mode, I get video but no audio at all. This was how I originally noticed the problem.
post #25046 of 25731 Old 03-02-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
When I play a Blu-ray through HDMI Out 2, the video starts playing and then gets cuts off as soon as the audio portion is encountered.
Ok, some more troubleshooting and the problem is not related to the audio as I thought. The video gets cut off when the video resolution on the disc changes from [email protected] Hz to [email protected]

I then went through the user manual and found that there is a setting labeled 1080p24 Output(Pg. 54). This is set to Auto by default. If I change this setting to Off, then HDMI Out 2 works fine for blu-rays.

Any thoughts?
post #25047 of 25731 Old 03-03-2018, 06:08 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ Talk to OPPO Tech Support. Your player may need service.
—Bob

post #25048 of 25731 Old 03-09-2018, 03:36 AM

Quote:
^ Talk to OPPO Tech Support. Your player may need service.
Thank you Bob. Oppo tells me I need to send the player in for service. Bit of a pain as I don't live in the US:-(.

It sounds to me as though this should be a firmware fix. I am running the Oppo in Split A/V mode, so I'm not sure why this setting (1080P24 Output) is creating an issue via HDMI Out 2. Shouldn't this setting be entirely ignored on HDMI Out 2 in Split A/V mode?

It'd really simplify things for me if this were a firmware fix and logic suggests firmware is the right place to fix it.
Am I off base with this? Thanks in advance for your response.
post #25049 of 25731 Old 03-09-2018, 05:29 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ What you are doing should work in the current firmware. So that points to a hardware failure. If 1080p/24 works into that device using HDMI 1 out of the OPPO, then the HDMI 2 failure is more likely in the OPPO.

(HDMI Audio is carried inside an HDMI Video signal — always. So the video settings affect what’s going on in the HDMI audio path.)
—Bob

post #25050 of 25731 Old 03-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Does anyone know if I plug my 103 into a Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC using usb that it will work? I was reading on Schiit’s website that usb connections must come from a source that is UAC2 compliant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Oppo Digital Inc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page