Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1911Likes

post #31 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 03:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Schultz View Post

You must let the 105 run for at least 2-3 weeks before it will sound its best. Out of the box, you will get a somewhat thin and grainy closed down sound. This was true for the 95 as well. I had two stock 95s here at the same time, one brand new and one that had 200 plus hours. The burned in one sounded much better.
I had an Eastern Electric DAC here that also uses the ES9018 DAC and the thing sounds wonderful.....better than a stock 95 and I bet better than stock 105. It uses only one set of the outputs from the DAC. Shocked me when I noticed this. Maybe the paralleling thing really does not make much difference with this chip. Maybe depends on what kind of output stage you are using. We shall see.
I received my first 105 today and will give it a quick listen and then start the burn in process. I will run it on repeat and also ocasionally use the Tara Labs burn in disc with the output stage loaded with a low impedance resistor. I will let everyone know what I think of the sound when I have burned it in.
I just checked the voltage on the output op amp just before the output coupling caps. There is some DC voltage offset when the unit is powering up and some when powering down. All this is stopped by the coupling caps. The voltage offset is never more than one and a half volts but if you had your volume control way up or were using the unit directly into an amp with the digital volume control and your amp was on and you turned it on.....not good. So, for most people, they will want to keep the stock coupling cap (a very good Elna Silmic cap). Of course, this opens the way for better coupling caps to be used. In some systems, you could get away with not having the coupling cap. After the unit settles there is less than 15 mv offset. The stock electrolytic coupling cap will take a while to really sound good.

While I am not denying that burn-in has an effect, with all of my solid state devices, I have found that the first 10 hours is where all the change really happens, and after that, if it does change, its very slight and very gradual. I had actually run-in the 105 for over 15 hours before I actually listened to anything on it smile.gif Nothing sounded thin or grainy to my ears.I believe that what I noted regarding the 105 having a slightly brighter and more detailed presentation, is a characteristic difference rather than something that will disappear with burn-in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post

Sorry about the lack of description. I only had a short amount of time to set the player up and test out how the headphone amp sounded. By "nice" I mean the sound was smooth, detailed, and non-fatiguing. (I was listening to selected cuts from the CD versions of the Cure's Greatest Hits and John Hiatt's "Riding With The King" and an SACD of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.)
I did some further headphone listening tonight switching back and forth between the headphone jacks on the 105 and my Yamaha 2000 and my Sennheiser 800s and the LCD-2s
I put in Clash of the Titans 3-D in the 105 with the 800s and the 105 didn't seem to muscle up a great deal of volume. The detail was very nice, but I had the volume up to 90 and above. On the Yamaha, there was plenty of headroom to go higher and the movie played much louder. Switching over to the LCD-2s, the 105 provided a better sound (clearer and more detailed), but again the volume was up to 85 to 90 to give me the sort of immersion that I craved. Again, the Yamaha easily played the movie louder if not as cleanly and crisply.
I put in Quadrophenia SACD (import) and again I was rather disappointed with the amount of volume from the 105 with the 800s. I could push the volume to 100 without distorting, but I've never listened to my cans at near maximum volume before. (Maybe it's a psychological thing or maybe I'm just getting old. frown.gif.) Quadrophenia sounded better on the 105 with the LCD-2s, but the volume was in the 85 and up region.
At this juncture, I'm enjoying how the 105 and the LCD-2s interact with each other. The 800s and the Yamaha seem to work better for me. I'll let my ears (and body) get a good night's rest and do some more exploring tomorrow.

What you are describing is exactly what I found. There isn't quite enough headroom in my opinion in the output power of the headphone amplifier for these more demanding headphones. When you say things didn't "muscle up" it tends to imply it is compressing the peaks. Even though I could get loud enough for any music I wanted to listen to, there was evidence of compression of some of the dynamics. The end result is a very smooth, easy to listen to, well balanced sound. For those looking for more excitement, it may fall short and for those looking to chill-out and relax, it is going to be very pleasing indeed. It isn't over-powering at any frequency point and is fairly neutral. If it just had a bit more oomph it would have been perfect.
post #33 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked: 634
For adding the headphone amp and external dac capability at 199 bucks, I would have been surprised if the 105 could compete with a dedicated headphone amp that a headphone audiophile might use.

OTOH, it does seem that from the limited comments, that it has done a quite reasonable job given the cost.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3825 Post(s)
Liked: 3051
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranle View Post

What is the trick to be able to browse Windows (7 or 8) shares ? It can see the directory but the login fail.I suspect that the 105 can not negotiate using the newer NT authentication.
Thanks.

No different really, but Windows sharing is a quagmire of settings. If you have sharing working with some other playback device, the Oppo should be pretty much plug and play. Login failure is probably due to some setting on the PC.
post #35 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post

Thanks for the review Lee ...are you saying the 105 sounded better through its un-processed analog outs versus thru HDMI + Audyssey?

In my case, yes. But bear in mind, my Pre/Pro only has Audyssey MultiEQ XT, not XT32. What I'm finding is that listening thru HDMI+Audyssey is pleasantly warm, but the analog outs produce an incredibly clean, pure sound. I increased the SW level in the 105 to warm up the sound a little, and its just wonderful.

I'm very curious to hear how the analog outs stack up against HDMI + Audyssey XT32.
stevepow likes this.
post #36 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schlarb View Post

I'm looking at the BDP-103, and I wonder if the analog audio section of the BDP-105 would be noticeably better than the one in my Pioneer Elite SC-05. The SC-05 uses a 192 kHz / 24-bit DAC (Wolfson WM8740). I have a collection of SACDs, and I'm looking for a good replacement for my "fat" PS3, which died last year. My speakers are Ascend Acoustics, not the best, but certainly not bad.
Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hmm, I think I've answered my own question. For my 48-year-old ears, I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference - particularly with my speaker and room setup. I've decided to get the BDP-103, and invest the difference in more SACDs. My golden-ear days are over, I think.

JVC RS540 / Carada 120” 2.40 Screen / Ascend Sierras / Emotiva XPA-5 / Oppo UDP-203 / Sherbourn preamp
post #37 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Is it just me? The bass in the 105 sounds a lot more tighter then the 95. It has a more real world sound to it. The bass in the 95 always sounded like a big boom box.

The picture is also better I have noticed a more flim like texture to the picture. This may be due to the better transport in the 105 as compared to the 95.

Samsung un659000/SEK-3500
post #38 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkiwi View Post

Guys, I've been playing with the 105 for a couple of hours. I will burn it in for a few days before making any comments on sound. One thing though is netflix and vudu. I have a Samsung smart TV with a USB wireless stick and also a Roku. Both of these have no issues streaming netflix. The Oppo is very slow to start streaming and then when it does the connection will be lost and tries to reconnect. Vudu won't load at all. Anyone else seen this? Maybe I have a dud wireless adaptor? I did notice the 95 was slow to load netflix as well. I'm using a Cisco E3000 which is no slug.
Cheers
DJ

I have a 93, 103, 95 and now a 105. I have had no problems with VuDu. On the signal speed test utility, what readings do you get? I don't think that the player is the source of your problems. Can you move the OPPO closer to your wireless router and get a VuDu connect to run the test? If not, I think there is a utility on the Samsung????
post #39 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

While I am not denying that burn-in has an effect, with all of my solid state devices, I have found that the first 10 hours is where all the change really happens, and after that, if it does change, its very slight and very gradual. I had actually run-in the 105 for over 15 hours before I actually listened to anything on it smile.gif Nothing sounded thin or grainy to my ears.I believe that what I noted regarding the 105 having a slightly brighter and more detailed presentation, is a characteristic difference rather than something that will disappear with burn-in.

On my 95 which I received from first batch in early 2011, I experienced a shrill sound at first but after about 2 to 3 days I did not experience it. I did a number of comparisons to an Accuphase DD75 in same system and I actually preferred the OPPO after burn-in. I received my 105 yesterday and installed in same system. The 105 sounded quite good right out of the box but I have been playing it constantly since yesterday morning. If anything, I think that the 105 seems more detailed in the upper register but without sounding harsh. I will wait a few days before doing detailed comparisons. The 105 is installed in an audio only 2-channel system with Krell amp and Dali Euphoria5 speakers. For casual viewing I have the OPPO 105 hooked up to a Samsung 40 inch LED TV. This also allows me to view the menu on the OPPO. In a separate projection room I have an OPPO 103 for Region A and an OPPO 93 for Region B. In that room I use bitstream out to a DENON AVP-A1HDCI pre-amp. I use Rotel amplifiers and M&K THX 150 speaker system with JL Audio Fathom 113 sub. Projector is Marantz VP15 and I use a Darbee video enhancer in line from DENON to the projector.
post #40 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Mathus View Post

On my 95 which I received from first batch in early 2011, I experienced a shrill sound at first but after about 2 to 3 days I did not experience it. I did a number of comparisons to an Accuphase DD75 in same system and I actually preferred the OPPO after burn-in. I received my 105 yesterday and installed in same system. The 105 sounded quite good right out of the box but I have been playing it constantly since yesterday morning. If anything, I think that the 105 seems more detailed in the upper register but without sounding harsh. I will wait a few days before doing detailed comparisons.

Ha! So I didn't imagine it. That is exactly what I described above as the difference I heard with the 105 over the 95....more detailed in the upper register.
post #41 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I set mine up and used it to watch the Director's Cut of Watchmen last night plus exercised some of the network features and installed the remote control app on my Android. This morning I did a bit of headphone listening.

I'd say that if you have an 83 like I did that it's time to upgrade. Going from the 83 to the 105 is a major step up in many ways. Over-all it's like going from Kansas to Oz.

As far as the analog section I listened a bit with my Senn 650's. These are the hardest to drive phones I own. I have similar feelings about the head amp as the others here. With these high impedance phones the drive available seemed marginal to me. The resolution though was really good. Hopefully that resolution will also appear at the XLRs.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
post #42 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 439
I'd love to hear how it compares to the 83SE.

post #43 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

I'd love to hear how it compares to the 83SE.

Objectively if possible. If someone can clearly pick it out, when compared.
post #44 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

Objectively if possible. If someone can clearly pick it out, when compared.

My guess is they will sound different because the DACs are stacked in the 83se...I am also looking foward to comparasons.
post #45 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlarson View Post

I set mine up and used it to watch the Director's Cut of Watchmen last night plus exercised some of the network features and installed the remote control app on my Android.
I'd say that if you have an 83 like I did that it's time to upgrade. Going from the 83 to the 105 is like going from Kansas to Oz.

Nice to know! Now to figure out how to get to my video media easier as Apple's SMB does not work well. Off to see if I can find the profile for Plex.
post #46 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by himey View Post

My guess is they will sound different because the DACs are stacked in the 83se...I am also looking foward to comparasons.
Not to mention that the 83SE utilizes the 9016 dac instead of the 9018. When I went from the 83SE to the 95 I noticed a definite improvement in sound quality. It wasn't substantial but it was noticable.
post #47 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Liked: 10
I received my 105 on Thursday, and have had it running since. I bought it as an audio source only. I have not had a CD player in my system for a year or two, using only streaming, Mac mini, or turntable as a source. I wanted a CD player again as it is convenient to play CD's from the library, instead of loading them into my mac.
My thoughts so far, the 105 is big, bold, and dynamic. Images are pretty well formed, detail is good, but most importantly, it is fun to listen to. Straight out of the box, I listened to two CD's beginning to end. That is a very good sign. I don't normally do that.
It is far too early to have any real conclusions about this, but I am pretty impressed. I used it as a streaming dac from my Squeezebox Touch, and dac from my Mac, and it does pretty well in these areas also. Again, to early to really tell if it is a real giant killer in that role, but it is at the least quite good, even at this early stage (and I am comparing it to some pricy dacs).
This is my first Oppo product, so I can't compare it to any other models. I just post this in case potential purchasers are on the fence waiting for feedback on the 105. I don't think anyone would be disappointed in its performance. I am sure it will only get better. I do know break-in makes these things better... I would also say that the Pure Audio mode really does provide improvements. It gets noticeably cleaner.
It is quite a deal at $1200.
post #48 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

Not to mention that the 83SE utilizes the 9016 dac instead of the 9018. When I went from the 83SE to the 95 I noticed a definite improvement in sound quality. It wasn't substantial but it was noticable.

When compared 83se and 95, I was unable to get your result. i really tried to discern if there was an improvement.
post #49 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 11:01 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have a 93, 103, 95 and now a 105. I have had no problems with VuDu. On the signal speed test utility, what readings do you get? I don't think that the player is the source of your problems. Can you move the OPPO closer to your wireless router and get a VuDu connect to run the test? If not, I think there is a utility on the Samsung????

How does the analouge output between the 103 and the 105 compare? I am finding my outboard DAC to sound better than the 103 and was hoping somoene could compare the two. The bass in the 103 is a tad on the soft side compared to my outbard DAC. I was thinking of picking up the 105 and doing a side by side, then retrun the 103 if I find it worth the extra $700+ dollars. Can you providse any of your findings?
post #50 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 2872
Quote:

Ha! So I didn't imagine it. That is exactly what I described above as the difference I heard with the 105 over the 95....more detailed in the upper register.

Do you guys use the 95's FL/FR option in the audio setup? if so set it to downmix and there will be more detail and tighter bass, If you guys would check this out that would be great:)
post #51 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD View Post

When compared 83se and 95, I was unable to get your result. i really tried to discern if there was an improvement.
As I said, the differences weren't substantial but noticable. IIRC(it's been so long) bass was a tad deeper with the 95 and it just seemed there was a slight bit more definition in the highs. I did however notice a better multichannel performance (SACDs) with the 95 over the 83SE as there was a definite step up in performance that was realized when going from the 9006 multichannel DAC in the 83SE to the 9018 multi used in the 95. That made all the difference for me as I do listen to allot of SACDs and concert blurays via analog.
post #52 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 168
In regards to the headphone amp:
Quote:

The end result is a very smooth, easy to listen to, well balanced sound. For those looking for more excitement, it may fall short and for those looking to chill-out and relax, it is going to be very pleasing indeed. It isn't over-powering at any frequency point and is fairly neutral. If it just had a bit more oomph it would have been perfect.

Exactly. More juice to the headphone amp would have made my higher-end and harder-to-drive cans "sing" and the Oppo would be that much better. As it stands now, the 105 and my LCD-2s are very listenable, but the LCD-2s (when driven by the 105) just don't excite me as much as I know that they are capable of doing. Perhaps this will change as I do more extensive listening.

Here's a quote from David from the anticipation thread:
Quote:
Oppo is very conservative in their current design spec for the headphone circuit. Look at the table below for the rated 0.001% THD spec. The chip is capable of much more output power at this low THD than what Oppo has designed it for.

Impedance Oppo Spec Chip Spec (@0.001% THD)

600 ohm 12mW 80mW - 150mW (depending on whether Oppo uses +/-12 or +/-15V supply rails. Higher voltage produces higher output powers).

60 ohm 91mW 850mW - 1300mW (depending on whether Oppo uses +/-12 or +/-15V supply rails).

32 ohm 137mW 1500mW - 2000mW (depending on whether Oppo uses +/-12 or +/-15V supply rails).

I hope Oppo gives the user in software for the option to set the maximum output power level of the headphone amplifier. This will prevent alot of users from complaining about the 'lack' of punch or whatever for those more exotic headphones that require higher current drives(not the iphone typessmile.gif!).

- David

If Oppo could provide this option in a firmware upgrade I think it would make a lot of us very happy. biggrin.gif (And to heck with those users who use cheap ear-buds with a $1200 player...all TWO of them.)

Today, I plugged in my Denon AH-D5000 headphones and used them with the 105. These cans are much easier to drive and results were, as expected, very good. Plenty of volume and room to go higher. (I listened to the DVD-A of Rough Mix and a CD by Loudon Wainwright III.) The Denon 5000s, unfortunately, aren't in the same league as the Senn 800s or the Audez'es.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcrown1 View Post

Is it just me? The bass in the 105 sounds a lot more tighter then the 95. It has a more real world sound to it. The bass in the 95 always sounded like a big boom box..

I agree. The bass on the 105 is very nice--tight and well-defined.

My last Oppo was an 83 (modded to be region free) so the 105 is a significant upgrade for me. Tonight I'll focus more on the video aspects of the unit.
post #53 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchot View Post

Sorry about the lack of description. I only had a short amount of time to set the player up and test out how the headphone amp sounded. By "nice" I mean the sound was smooth, detailed, and non-fatiguing. (I was listening to selected cuts from the CD versions of the Cure's Greatest Hits and John Hiatt's "Riding With The King" and an SACD of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust.)
I did some further headphone listening tonight switching back and forth between the headphone jacks on the 105 and my Yamaha 2000 and my Sennheiser 800s and the LCD-2s
I put in Clash of the Titans 3-D in the 105 with the 800s and the 105 didn't seem to muscle up a great deal of volume. The detail was very nice, but I had the volume up to 90 and above. On the Yamaha, there was plenty of headroom to go higher and the movie played much louder. Switching over to the LCD-2s, the 105 provided a better sound (clearer and more detailed), but again the volume was up to 85 to 90 to give me the sort of immersion that I craved. Again, the Yamaha easily played the movie louder if not as cleanly and crisply.
I put in Quadrophenia SACD (import) and again I was rather disappointed with the amount of volume from the 105 with the 800s. I could push the volume to 100 without distorting, but I've never listened to my cans at near maximum volume before. (Maybe it's a psychological thing or maybe I'm just getting old. frown.gif.) Quadrophenia sounded better on the 105 with the LCD-2s, but the volume was in the 85 and up region.
At this juncture, I'm enjoying how the 105 and the LCD-2s interact with each other. The 800s and the Yamaha seem to work better for me. I'll let my ears (and body) get a good night's rest and do some more exploring tomorrow.

Franchot:

Thanx so much for taking the time to review the headphone amp of the 105. It seems my fears about the power of the headphone amp have been realized and they can't increase the power w/o changing a capacitor somewhere on the 2Ch board. I can imagine modders charging $100 to change a capcool.gif!

- David

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
post #54 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikmer View Post

How does the analouge output between the 103 and the 105 compare? I am finding my outboard DAC to sound better than the 103 and was hoping somoene could compare the two. The bass in the 103 is a tad on the soft side compared to my outbard DAC. I was thinking of picking up the 105 and doing a side by side, then retrun the 103 if I find it worth the extra $700+ dollars. Can you providse any of your findings?

I have not compared the 103 to the 105 for analog out. The 103 is in my dedicated theater room. I use bitstream out over HDMI to the high end $7k DENON processor. The perceived difference in a comparison test would likely depend somewhat on the other components in the system. With a very transparent system, I suspect that the 105 would easily out perform the 103. In other words, different people with different systems would see varying results. In my audio system I use the 105 for its analog out performance. In my theater room, I use the 103 for its video performance and other OPPO player shared features.
post #55 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Do you guys use the 95's FL/FR option in the audio setup? if so set it to downmix and there will be more detail and tighter bass, If you guys would check this out that would be great:)

I also find the downmix setting more to my liking. It seems to provide a more full bodied presentation but I have not sampled a lot of different discs yet. The fine detail in the new Naxos disc with Copland's piano concerto is amazing. This afternoon I plan to test some coral music to see how it handles the complexity. Then I will go to solo voice.
post #56 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have a Mc Labs MC 8207 amp and a MX 121 processor. My blu ray player is a Panasonic DMP BD80-a few years old. I am thinking of getting the Oppo 105. Will it make a real difference with audio and video.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce
post #57 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqdog View Post

As I said, the differences weren't substantial but noticable. IIRC(it's been so long) bass was a tad deeper with the 95 and it just seemed there was a slight bit more definition in the highs. I did however notice a better multichannel performance (SACDs) with the 95 over the 83SE as there was a difinite step up in performance that was realized when going from the 9006 multichannel DAC in the 83SE to the 9018 multi used in the 95. That made all the difference for me as I do listen to allot of SACDs and concert blurays via analog.

My post should have stated 2 ch.
post #58 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I also find the downmix setting more to my liking. It seems to provide a more full bodied presentation but I have not sampled a lot of different discs yet. The fine detail in the new Naxos disc with Copland's piano concerto is amazing. This afternoon I plan to test some coral music to see how it handles the complexity. Then I will go to solo voice.

Hmm...I haven't tried this yet, but to make sure I am clear. You are playing "stereo" music and are finding a difference on the dedicated stereo outputs if they are set to downmix vs Front L/R?? If so there is something wrong (firmware) that needs to be fixed. There should be absolutely no difference with that setting for the dedicated stereo output when listening to stereo music. If you have a crossover set and speakers set to small I am guessing that may influence things. In my case though all speakers are set to large, all at default output level and default distance. Therefore there should be absolutely no difference....
stevepow likes this.
post #59 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
BDP-105 arrived today. One of the things I really needed was for it to handle the audio from the TV, however the audio via both ARC and Toslink is severely out-of-sync (was perfect with the old Outlaw 950 that I'm retiring). The sync issue remains with all tested sources from the TV, both OTA and using Vierra Connect for Amazon Prime feeds.

I do hope a firmware fix for this is on the way soon.
post #60 of 14418 Old 11-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5810 Post(s)
Liked: 8279
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphader View Post

BDP-105 arrived today. One of the things I really needed was for it to handle the audio from the TV, however the audio via both ARC and Toslink is severely out-of-sync (was perfect with the old Outlaw 950 that I'm retiring). The sync issue remains with all tested sources from the TV, both OTA and using Vierra Connect for Amazon Prime feeds.

I do hope a firmware fix for this is on the way soon.

What's the direction of the error? Audio ahead of video (audio needs delay) or audio behind video (audio already has too much delay)?
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page