Official OPPO BDP-105 Owner's Thread - Page 481 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1910Likes

post #14401 of 14408 Old 05-03-2019, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3752 Post(s)
Liked: 2956
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdr30 View Post
Thanks, guys, gonna contact Oppo and check the Wiki page. I'm a creature of habbit and always reach for the eject button when changing discs/files - I use the BDP-105 almost exclusively for audio, it's so good sounding and versatile - so I'm hoping for a fix even if I can use the remote for the task. Very irritating with a small malfunction like this.
Repairs won't be available forever, I recommend getting it done now. If the front panel board is going out the issues can get worse. (There's several little circuit boards in the panel). Anyways, they can swap in a new front panel and have it on its way back to you in a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14402 of 14408 Old 05-03-2019, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Oppo Repair Service

I had/have an issue with the BDP-105D front HDMI input (out of warranty) and contacted Oppo. At the time they were offering a very reasonable flat fee, including shipping, repair service for any issue. Maybe it was $130? You ship it back on your dime, they fix it and ship it back to you for their flat fee.

Personally I decided to not make the repair as I am not using the port. My system got very simple - CD/DVD, Roku, broadcast TV, squeezebox.

I agree that if you want to fix an issue, now is the time.

Jim
post #14403 of 14408 Old 05-14-2019, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've enjoyed having my BDP-105 for a while now and just recently started using the rear HDMI input.

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to select the input source from the front panel and on screen menu?!?

I do have the app on my phone and can access the virtual remote and get to the input button that way. But years ago when I programmed the remote codes into my universal I didn't get everything and now I dont even know where the physical remote is any more...

I've looked through the settings/options and dont see anything obvious, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed something like this. Can you select the input without the remote?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14404 of 14408 Old 05-14-2019, 06:53 PM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 3752 Post(s)
Liked: 2956
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisRoberts View Post
I've enjoyed having my BDP-105 for a while now and just recently started using the rear HDMI input.

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to select the input source from the front panel and on screen menu?!?

I do have the app on my phone and can access the virtual remote and get to the input button that way. But years ago when I programmed the remote codes into my universal I didn't get everything and now I dont even know where the physical remote is any more...

I've looked through the settings/options and dont see anything obvious, but it wouldn't be the first time I missed something like this. Can you select the input without the remote?
Oppo can sell you a nice new remote: https://www.oppodigital.com/products.asp?cat=23
post #14405 of 14408 Old 05-30-2019, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Please help with proper set up Samsung Q60R/Marantz SR7005/ Oppo 105
So I basically just replaced my old LG with a new Samsung Q60R. my current set up is: TV into the Marantz via HDMI into ARC input. And the STB connected into the Oppo via HDMI back. I'm noticing more lip synching problems than usual. Is this the best set up? I don't think the Marantz is capable of producing 4K? Is there a better set up? BTW using FIOS STB. Thanks
post #14406 of 14408 Old 05-31-2019, 05:26 AM

Hello, Just bought a Samsung 4k TV. Reconfiguring my set up and now hooking everything into my TV since my AVR doesn't have 4k. So now I'm going to connect my 105 into the TV via HDMI(still ave RCA's into the AVR for CD's and streaming). Obviously i now need to hook up an optical cable from AVR to TV. Do I need to change any settings on the Oppo for 4K or changing to optical cable? Thanks
post #14407 of 14408 Old 05-31-2019, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelly View Post
Hello, Just bought a Samsung 4k TV. Reconfiguring my set up and now hooking everything into my TV since my AVR doesn't have 4k. So now I'm going to connect my 105 into the TV via HDMI(still ave RCA's into the AVR for CD's and streaming). Obviously i now need to hook up an optical cable from AVR to TV. Do I need to change any settings on the Oppo for 4K or changing to optical cable? Thanks
I assume the optical cable between the TV and AVR is for TV broadcasts? You don't need it for playing discs or streaming on your Oppo since the HDMI from the Oppo will carry both audio and video to the TV. And you know the Oppo will upscale DVDs and BluRays to 4k but will not play 4k discs? You can change the video output resolution in the Oppo set-up menu from 1080p to 4k (or you can let the TV do the upscaling).
post #14408 of 14408 Old 05-31-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
I assume the optical cable between the TV and AVR is for TV broadcasts? You don't need it for playing discs or streaming on your Oppo since the HDMI from the Oppo will carry both audio and video to the TV. And you know the Oppo will upscale DVDs and BluRays to 4k but will not play 4k discs? You can change the video output resolution in the Oppo set-up menu from 1080p to 4k (or you can let the TV do the upscaling).
Yes optical for the STB and the Apple TV. for some reason if leave the Oppo connected to the AVR via HDMI I dont get pic or sound ? Only seems to work if I connect the Oppo directly to the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 105 Blu Ray Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page