Resolving black or flickering screen with new bluray players - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #61 of 69 Old 01-30-2016, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Just want to post the fix for me. I have a Vizio. I tried the methods posted above. None worked. I still had white specks all over the screen.
What fixed it for me was to go into the TV settings, set 'Noise reduction' to high and the screen was crystal clear.

Peace out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 01-30-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudux Cruo View Post
Just want to post the fix for me. I have a Vizio. I tried the methods posted above. None worked. I still had white specks all over the screen.
What fixed it for me was to go into the TV settings, set 'Noise reduction' to high and the screen was crystal clear.

Peace out.
btw, When I said TV settings, I ment the VIZIO TV settings.
post #63 of 69 Old 02-04-2016, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Brand new Sony BDP-S6500 (previous BDP-S3200 worked without problems in existing setup for a year until the disc drive crapped out), Polaroid 55" 4K TV, decent Monoprice HDMI, run through TX-NR636. Tried all aforementioned fixes, only one that works is bypassing the AVR, which would be fine, but audio from TV to AVR is paired down to PCM or Dolby Digital and not TrueHD (no Atmos).

Is there another alternative? Any theories why the S3200 worked fine and the S6500 is having an issue?

EDIT: Problem only solved (when run through AVR) when 4K via HDMI is turned off, even at 4.4.4. Ordered a better HDMI cable. Will update if problem is solved.

Last edited by Jaurhead; 02-05-2016 at 02:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 69 Old 02-22-2016, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was having a very similar problem, which I discussed (and solved) in the Sony.co.uk Community in a thread titled "BDP-S7200's serious problem with 3D" (I can't post the link since I have just registered here).

I confirm that setting setting YCbCr to 4:2:2 helped.
post #65 of 69 Old 02-23-2016, 03:33 AM

P.S. In the case of the Sony BDP-S7200, either setting HDMI Deep Colour Output to OFF or YCbCr to 4:2:2 saves the day.
post #66 of 69 Old 08-15-2018, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Might as well join the party.....thanks you've helped me alot...changed setting to YCbCr to 4:2:2 and problem solved!
post #67 of 69 Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 PM

Yes thank you guys!
Changing the HDMI Color Format on my brand new Samsung 4K Blu ray Player
From Auto to YCbCr (4:2:2) fixed the issue for me too.

Tv- Samsung 65NU7100
4K Blu ray player- Samsung UBD-M7500
post #68 of 69 Old 07-30-2019, 05:32 AM

Guys sorry for resurrecting an old post but I'm struggling with this problem from days and here is the only place I have found a possible solution

So... I've bought a blu ray player for my computer, it's a LG BH16NS55 and it made me installing Powerdvd 12

most of my blu ray flicker SO much that the video is unwatchable, it's from days i've been looking for a solution... I've read on this forum that people solved this problem mostly by switching to YCBCR 4.2.2 Which i didn't even know what it was,

I've searched on google a lot already and i don't find any way to do it, people said there should be an option in my dvd players video output options but there is nothing
My monitor is an Asus vg 248 144HZ and is connected by DVI (there's written dual link on it)- My video card is a GTX 1060 6GB
I would be veeeery grateful to everybody that is willing to help >_<

I wanted to post images of the options but the forum don't let me... If anybody willing to help and would like to see images u can add me on discord Burro Di Cacao#9167

Last edited by teachsac; 07-30-2019 at 06:37 AM.
post #69 of 69 Old 07-30-2019, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1254 Post(s)
Liked: 2061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burro Di Cacao View Post
Guys sorry for resurrecting an old post but I'm struggling with this problem from days and here is the only place I have found a possible solution

So... I've bought a blu ray player for my computer, it's a LG BH16NS55 and it made me installing Powerdvd 12

most of my blu ray flicker SO much that the video is unwatchable, it's from days i've been looking for a solution... I've read on this forum that people solved this problem mostly by switching to YCBCR 4.2.2 Which i didn't even know what it was,

I've searched on google a lot already and i don't find any way to do it, people said there should be an option in my dvd players video output options but there is nothing
My monitor is an Asus vg 248 144HZ and is connected by DVI (there's written dual link on it)- My video card is a GTX 1060 6GB
I would be veeeery grateful to everybody that is willing to help >_<

I wanted to post images of the options but the forum don't let me... If anybody willing to help and would like to see images u can add me on discord Burro Di Cacao#9167
This is a better question for the HTPC area.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-ho...ter-computers/

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Sony Kdl 70r550a 70 Inch Led Hdtv , Sony Bdp S5100 3d Blu Ray Disc Player With Wi Fi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page