Denon DBT 3313 Owner's Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #391 of 410 Old 07-17-2019, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Just acquired one of these to go with my Denon AVC X8500. Although my Sony UBD800 4k plays all formats I felt I needed a dedicated audio player.
Bought as a non worker which was a simple fix (failed diode in the power supply) Total cost under UK£80

Impressed by the heft of the unit and the smoothness of the disk drive.

Seems better than my previous Premium Audio Blu Ray Yamaha player.
Yet to see if denon link does make a difference.

Infocus SP8600 DLP, Denon AVC X8500H, Sony UBP X800 player, Denon DBT3313 Player, Kef 203/1 Main, 202C Center, Kef204ds Surround, HTS 2001 Rear Surround and FP, RP, Kef Ci130er Top, Kef 1001 Center Front Height 2x Kenwood SW-X1 12" Subs fitted Earthquake BA-550 plate amps.
Vinyl - Technics SL1210, Reson Reca, Decca London Maroon, Denon 103R, EAR834P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 410 Old 07-27-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviaction View Post
Yet to see if denon link does make a difference.

Oh yes it does! Congrats for a great buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #393 of 410 Old 07-28-2019, 06:38 AM

I seem fated with this stuff,

X8500 back from Denon Service Center
Turned both the 3313 and the X8500 on this morning to listen to some music.
Yay! Blue light on 3313 showing active denonlink.
Put in SACD and the Blue light went out. Despite various setting resetting I can't get it back and no option on HDMI Input under "digital" other than Opt 1. 2 and Coax 1,2.
Reset 3313 no effect. It's almost like the SACD killed the denonlink...
and ideas welcome as both the internet, Denon and Denon manuals don't seem very clear on what settings I should be on.

Infocus SP8600 DLP, Denon AVC X8500H, Sony UBP X800 player, Denon DBT3313 Player, Kef 203/1 Main, 202C Center, Kef204ds Surround, HTS 2001 Rear Surround and FP, RP, Kef Ci130er Top, Kef 1001 Center Front Height 2x Kenwood SW-X1 12" Subs fitted Earthquake BA-550 plate amps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #394 of 410 Old 07-28-2019, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 293 Post(s)
Quoted: 6111 Post(s)
Liked: 5672
Quote:
I seem fated with this stuff,

X8500 back from Denon Service Center
Turned both the 3313 and the X8500 on this morning to listen to some music.
Yay! Blue light on 3313 showing active denonlink.
Put in SACD and the Blue light went out. Despite various setting resetting I can't get it back and no option on HDMI Input under "digital" other than Opt 1. 2 and Coax 1,2.
Reset 3313 no effect. It's almost like the SACD killed the denonlink...
and ideas welcome as both the internet, Denon and Denon manuals don't seem very clear on what settings I should be on.
Are you using the Blu-ray input on the X8500? Make sure this input is left at default settings in the X8500 (if not, restore the default). You need to use the To Amp HDMI output of the DBT-3313 and a coax digital interconnect (a composite or component video interconnect will do) for Denon Link HD connection.

The DBT and AVR user manuals should have all the info you need to setup with Denon Link properly.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX5200W/N...SYzbetzpcl.php
post #395 of 410 Old 07-29-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Are you using the Blu-ray input on the X8500? Make sure this input is left at default settings in the X8500 (if not, restore the default). You need to use the To Amp HDMI output of the DBT-3313 and a coax digital interconnect (a composite or component video interconnect will do) for Denon Link HD connection.

The DBT and AVR user manuals should have all the info you need to setup with Denon Link properly.

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX5200W/N...SYzbetzpcl.php

Thanks Was using the CD input for Audio only HDMI and DVD for video HDMI (if needed) will try Blu ray hdmi tonight.

post #396 of 410 Old 07-29-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Thanks Was using the CD input for Audio only HDMI and DVD for video HDMI (if needed) will try Blu ray hdmi tonight.
Only connect a single HDMI when using Denon Link HD… not both. The dual/split HDMI is for non Denon Link applications.
post #397 of 410 Old 07-30-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Only connect a single HDMI when using Denon Link HD… not both. The dual/split HDMI is for non Denon Link applications.

Thanks got the Blue Light back on by plugging 3313 into "Blu Ray" HDMI input. There is nothing in either manual saying that!. I'll just have to do a bit of Input renaming, and run the Video HDMI lead to the TV direct.
Really appreciate the help.

post #398 of 410 Old 10-20-2019, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello!
I have an issue with my 3313ud player. When I listening audio CD via analog cable everything is OK, but when I plug via hdmi every approx. 10min signal is disconnected and connected again with amp. Like a signal restarting couple of times. With video no issues only when playing music CD. My amp Denon AVR-X2500H. Maybe somebody can helo me to fix it?
And one more question. Does it possible to connect player and amp with Denon HD link? Because I can't find on amp connection fot hd link. Thanks for your help!
Best regards.
post #399 of 410 Old 10-23-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsungate View Post
Hello!
I have an issue with my 3313ud player. When I listening audio CD via analog cable everything is OK, but when I plug via hdmi every approx. 10min signal is disconnected and connected again with amp. Like a signal restarting couple of times. With video no issues only when playing music CD. My amp Denon AVR-X2500H. Maybe somebody can helo me to fix it?
And one more question. Does it possible to connect player and amp with Denon HD link? Because I can't find on amp connection fot hd link. Thanks for your help!
Best regards.
The AVR-X2x00 series doesn't feature HD Link. Support starts at the AVR-X4x00 series last I checked.
post #400 of 410 Old 03-23-2020, 07:38 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

i called in to Denon local service center , there is no spare part available .

anyone who owned this have solution? or how to settle it?

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
post #401 of 410 Old 03-25-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas_aaron View Post
I just got DBT-3313 blu-ray player from someone as used item. everything is working except.....

The DISC TRAY is sticky , consistently produce some black sticky residue. See video here: https://youtu.be/3cgoAsT2bog

example , i rub my finger across the disc tray , the black sticky residue will come out . also , black sticky residue will stick to almost every disc i put in.

PS: i used blu-tac to remove most of sticky residue , but the disc tray is still consistently sticky
Hi guys, I found a solution after seeing tons of YouTube video tutorials, and think I did an even better solution

See my YouTube cleaning tip:
Gerhard_Bader likes this.
post #402 of 410 Old 03-27-2020, 10:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:

I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.
post #403 of 410 Old 03-28-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I found goo on my expensive BD drive‘s mechanism; who knows where else there’s sticky gunk that you can’t see.

Anyway, I was curious so I looked in the service manual to find the drive tray’s part number. The tray isn’t available as a separate part but you can buy the whole BD drive (it’s the next higher level assembly from the tray) which is available. It’s not dirt cheap but is reasonable at $150 brand new. The drive is the same part for both the Marantz UD7007 and the Denon but the front trim is different so you’d have to move the trim from your existing drive to the new one...or order new trim.

Here’s a link to the drive through an official parts supplier; these drive mechanisms are trivially easy to swap out if you decide to completely replace the drive.
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.

Last edited by sas_aaron; 03-28-2020 at 06:34 AM.
post #404 of 410 Old 03-28-2020, 11:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1285 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Hi mate , I fixed it and shared video on how I fix, maybe can help some guys who encountered same in the future. successfully watched few movies on it, great player

Ps: About the disc tray problem , I suspected that the player disc tray seem to have a rubber coating, but rubber coating melted due to humidity in my country.
I’m not sure that removing the rubber coating with alcohol constitutes a fix; that’s why I suggested ordering a new assembly and doing it right. My point is that whatever condition caused the tray’s coating to fail could’ve caused other problems that you can’t see. If you intend to keep the player for a long time, it might be worth the peace of mind to replace the drive. It would be for me.
post #405 of 410 Old 04-15-2020, 01:48 PM

Denon DBT 3313 Owner's Thread

Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

post #406 of 410 Old 04-20-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard_Bader View Post
Finally upgraded my receiver, from AVR X4000 to X4500H. First try with an SACD from the BDT, instantly showed DSD processing on the AVR display.

But after some playing with settings (Audyssey and Crossovers, speakers, HDMI) I only get PCM from the SACD, no native DSD.

What could be the issue? I didn’t change anything at the BDT.

Solved. See my own post #343 in this thread from some years ago.
Time to get a new TV, I guess.
post #407 of 410 Old 04-25-2020, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

Last edited by teachsac; 04-25-2020 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Price talk removed
post #408 of 410 Old 05-07-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikaruJ View Post
Recently I saw there is a brand new DBT-3313 listing? Since I knew the player's hulu and youtube stopped working, and it does not support 4K blu-ray. The only feature I'm curious is the Denon Link HD. Does it make a difference with this clock synchronization with the AVR?

I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.
HikaruJ likes this.

Last edited by Gerhard_Bader; 05-07-2020 at 01:35 PM.
post #409 of 410 Old 05-07-2020, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard_Bader View Post
I think they were discontinued, but there might be some stock left? I wouldn’t hesitate to buy it again, should mine ever stop working.
Link HD is the difference that makes you smile at people who think analogue sounds better than digital.
Thank you for your information, would you mind to share which part of your player stop working?
post #410 of 410 Old 06-18-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikaruJ View Post
Thank you for your information, would you mind to share which part of your player stop working?
Youtube stopped working. But it's a Non-issue to me, as I have Youtube on my Apple TV, ChromeCast and PS4.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Blu Ray Disc Player Dbt 3313udci , Blu Ray Players , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page