Denon DBT 3313 Owner's Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #31 of 397 Old 03-14-2013, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Updated both the AVR-3313 and DBT-3313. The AVR 's streaming now is gapless. Hurray! Unfortunately the DBT still has small but noticible gaps. We continue to hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 397 Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrime66 View Post

Updated both the AVR-3313 and DBT-3313. The AVR 's streaming now is gapless. Hurray! Unfortunately the DBT still has small but noticible gaps. We continue to hope.

Will the remote from the AVR 3313 control the DBT?

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Intel NUC6CAYH, Cambridge Audio CXUHD, Panasonic TX65GZ950B
5.1 Denon X7200WA, Focal Dome, Sony X700, LG OLED E7V
In both Setups Virgin Tivo V6, Zappiti 4K HDR, FireTV Stick 4K, Harmony Elite
post #33 of 397 Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Liked: 10
Hi Everyone.

Could Anyone tell me if they are seeing double lines around edges like the denon logo. I bought one the other day and very unhappy with the picture quality it like the sharpness is pushed too high in the player so i take the sharpness down to get rid of the double lines then makes the picture flat :-(. I compared it with my old 3800Ci Denon and the old players way above in picture Quality even the oppo 93 better. I think i got a lemon. I want this player for the Denon link to my 4520.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 397 Old 03-16-2013, 04:59 PM

[quote name="sutton8" url="/t/1448111/denon-dbt-3313-owners-thread/30#post_23085297"

Will the remote from the AVR 3313 control the DBT?[/quote]

Only limited. For instace the "Home" button is lacking so no way -as far as I know- to start the dbt media player/you tube etc. Play/stop/next etc etc is all there. Even Setup.

I use a logitech so don't look athem too much.

IOS app DeRemote is handy but for the AVR only. The DBT is a DMP device hence won't show on your network (to allow fr control).

post #35 of 397 Old 03-16-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by United2013 View Post

Hi Everyone.

Could Anyone tell me if they are seeing double lines around edges like the denon logo. I bought one the other day and very unhappy with the picture quality it like the sharpness is pushed too high in the player so i take the sharpness down to get rid of the double lines then makes the picture flat :-(. I compared it with my old 3800Ci Denon and the old players way above in picture Quality even the oppo 93 better. I think i got a lemon. I want this player for the Denon link to my 4520.

None whatsoever. If you use picture enhancement which I generally would not recommend use it on either your TV set or the AVT. If at all then certainky not both. Just my 2 cents.

post #36 of 397 Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Hi Everyone.

Hi,

I'm from europe. European DBT-3313 players had a heavy bug in the firmware, which was called by Denon "Ringing distortion video output". With the firmware from end january 2013 this terrible bug was corrected. I don't know, if all DBT3313 worldwide were affected, but the european players all had this bug.

changelog of DBT3313UD

MCU 042 or 045
HQ 9150
Can’t play BD's from Concorde Home Entertainment
Media Player: when streaming music from NAS drive only 105 folders are
displayed.
Ringing distortion on video output.
Contents cannot be played when the customer uses DTCP-IP and BDRecorder
made of Panasonic.
When the customer selects DTS-HD and AAC by a quick start under a
specific condition, analog audio is not output.
post #37 of 397 Old 03-16-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frytom View Post

Hi,

I'm from europe. European DBT-3313 players had a heavy bug in the firmware, which was called by Denon "Ringing distortion video output". With the firmware from end january 2013 this terrible bug was corrected. I don't know, if all DBT3313 worldwide were affected, but the european players all had this bug.

changelog of DBT3313UD

MCU 042 or 045
HQ 9150
Can’t play BD's from Concorde Home Entertainment
Media Player: when streaming music from NAS drive only 105 folders are
displayed.
Ringing distortion on video output.
Contents cannot be played when the customer uses DTCP-IP and BDRecorder
made of Panasonic.
When the customer selects DTS-HD and AAC by a quick start under a
specific condition, analog audio is not output.

Thank you for your help. I did the latest update to see if it would fix it and still had double lines on things if i put a test patten on you can see it the most. The players at a denon repair center and they are going to tell me if there a problem if they say there no problem i will ask for a new unit or my money back. as a cheap $50 player looks better.mad.gif
post #38 of 397 Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks mindcrime66 for your continued help. I've ordered one and will be picking it up in a week or so. My concerns are that there is no fast forward and reverse within a track and whether there are thumbnail previews of video files from my PC. But I've ordered anyway.

7.2 Yamaha RX-A3080, Monitor Audio (Apex & Silver), Seismic 110, XBOX, Intel NUC6CAYH, Cambridge Audio CXUHD, Panasonic TX65GZ950B
post #39 of 397 Old 03-17-2013, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My third day using it. When it's on after about 8 minutes I can smell some plastic-like smell if I'm near it. Is it normal? Kinda worried!!!
post #40 of 397 Old 03-17-2013, 07:39 PM

Ok Denon repair said they found a problem so they are replacing the mean video board so i hope this get rig of those double lines on the image.smile.gif If not i will ask for a new unit.
post #41 of 397 Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 PM

Got my Player Back and all i can say is the picture is excellent best picture Quality from a player i seen, And I used a lot of players like the oppo 93 ,sony 790 and my old 3800 denon.

Does anyone know how to get the remote app working on this player, i have the 4520 AVR and the remote app works great on it but can not get the blu-ray player to work.
post #42 of 397 Old 03-23-2013, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Does anyone know how to get the remote app working on this player, i have the 4520 AVR and the remote app works great on it but can not get the blu-ray player to work.

The solution was posted on the UK AV site. You need to go into the players setup and select HDMI Amp On.

post #43 of 397 Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM

Sutton8 is right. Control via an app has to go via the AVR since the DBT is a DNLA DMP device and can not be reached via the network. Cher the DNLA site for full feature descriptions. The AVR for instance is a Digital Media Renderer and not a Player like the DBT. Different feature set.

iOS app DeRemote I use a lot. For the AVR that is. Unfortunately it won't control the DBT via HDMI. I didn't manage anyway.
However for casual streaming using the AVR it's excellent. Won't decode multi channel flacs like the DBT though.
But quickly pump up the center speaker a bit during a movie...DeRemote is your friend. Direct access to audyssey parameters....all there.
It's a few euros but i find it definitely worth it. Do spent some time finding all the option. Took me a bit.

post #44 of 397 Old 03-27-2013, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I got one earlier this week and admittedly have not had a chance to play around yet. First quick thoughts is that there is no album art streaming FLAC from my PC whereas there is on the AVR 3313. Also navigating back to a previous screen when you are playing a track doesn't seem to work well.

post #45 of 397 Old 03-29-2013, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Roedig View Post

Just purchased a AVR4520ci & DBT3313, a newbie with the Denon setup.
The firmware upate on the 4520 went well however the 3313 got hung up.
Now the 3313 remote does work.
How do I reset the 3313 unit? How do I reset the remote? Is there a work around to update the firmware?

Ron, I am in Canada as well.

I have an Oppo 95 plugged directly into my amp's and I love the stereo sound. I am now looking at going multi-channel, and I have been considering moving up to a 103 and an Emotiva processor, but the 4520 and 3313 have been in the back of my mind as a perfect match.

Can you tell me how you decided on what you got and what other equipment you considered.

I would want this combo as a catch all; mostly SACD audio and H.T.

Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on.
post #46 of 397 Old 04-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post

I got one earlier this week and admittedly have not had a chance to play around yet. First quick thoughts is that there is no album art streaming FLAC from my PC whereas there is on the AVR 3313. Also navigating back to a previous screen when you are playing a track doesn't seem to work well.

That is correct. For 'casual' streaming the AVR works best. I use it with DeRemote so the tv is off anyways. No need for artwork though it's there.
The DBT on the other hand requires the tv set to be on in order to navigate it. I find the sound far superior over streaming via the AVR even though the same DAC is used. The fact that the DBT support multi channel FLACs (ripped SACDs & DVD-Rs) and the AVR not says it all. That it reduces jitter to a minimum by accepting an async IP stream but feeds in synced into the AVRs DAC using HD-link does the rest for me.
So I experience improved transport and got rid of the CD cabinets.

post #47 of 397 Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

That is correct. For 'casual' streaming the AVR works best. I use it with DeRemote so the tv is off anyways. No need for artwork though it's there.
The DBT on the other hand requires the tv set to be on in order to navigate it. I find the sound far superior over streaming via the AVR even though the same DAC is used. The fact that the DBT support multi channel FLACs (ripped SACDs & DVD-Rs) and the AVR not says it all. That it reduces jitter to a minimum by accepting an async IP stream but feeds in synced into the AVRs DAC using HD-link does the rest for me.
So I experience improved transport and got rid of the CD cabinets.

Have you figured out a way to move back to the previous screen when playing a track. Backward navigation just does not work for me.

post #48 of 397 Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrecording View Post

Ron, I am in Canada as well.
I have an Oppo 95 plugged directly into my amp's and I love the stereo sound. I am now looking at going multi-channel, and I have been considering moving up to a 103 and an Emotiva processor, but the 4520 and 3313 have been in the back of my mind as a perfect match.
Can you tell me how you decided on what you got and what other equipment you considered.
I would want this combo as a catch all; mostly SACD audio and H.T.
Thanks in advance for any information you can pass on.
I have the DBP A100 connected via DenonLink4 to the AVRA100 and made SQ comparisons of well-recorded/HiRes stereo and MC music vs an Oppo 83SE via HDMI and stereo analog.
My room has no formal acoustic treatment so greatly benefits from DSP RC and I love what Audyssey MultEQXT32 does (I also use the Audyssey Pro kit for even better SQ). DenonLink yields improved SQ vs Oppo for audiophile critical listening for RBCD, DVDA and SACD-so I sold the Oppo to partly offset the expense of the Denon player.

BTW, I tried an Emo MC processor some time ago and though it was clean as a preamp, the EmoEQ at the time sucked. They also had ongoing reliability and FW functionality issues such as improper bass management. The Emo was returned within 30d return period. I have not kept up with their latest development efforts.I like their XPA5 amp-nice power and SQ for the price.

IMO the main advantages to using 4520 and 3313 combo is
1. Audyssey MultEQXT32
2. the DLHD jitter-free connection
3. Audyssey-Pro capable

However, I think that the Oppo 103 is no slouch and who knows, it may come pretty close in SQ when connected to the 4520 via HDMI as it supposedly has it's own internal jitter-reduction technique. At only $500 it dseems like a good value especially given cutting-edge features for streaming, an HDMI input, Oppo reliability, and great CS/FW updates.

Yes, I still like playing with Dalis.

post #49 of 397 Old 04-06-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton8 View Post

Have you figured out a way to move back to the previous screen when playing a track. Backward navigation just does not work for me.

Got it!

Found it out through the official iOS Denon app but works the same via your remote. In the app go to the Player screen and hit Start. My app in in Dutch. I take it it's Start in English too.
Usingbyou remote hit Home and choose the Media Player. That simple. You'll take of where you last started playing.
While you navigate music continues. I think we have what we need.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Michael

post #50 of 397 Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Got it!

Found it out through the official iOS Denon app but works the same via your remote. In the app go to the Player screen and hit Start. My app in in Dutch. I take it it's Start in English too.
Usingbyou remote hit Home and choose the Media Player. That simple. You'll take of where you last started playing.
While you navigate music continues. I think we have what we need.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Michael

Thanks Michael. It would be easier if you could just use the back key, which I believe is the spec. You in effect have to go out and come back in which is less than convenient. Navigation works fine on the AVR but not the DBT for some reason. Not to mention you get album art on the receiver too. But frustrating really.

post #51 of 397 Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 PM

I see your point. I don't mind the navigation nor the album art...I'd really like it to play truely gapless like the AVR. Still I'm really happy with the total value I get from the set. I've listening to some remastered CD as well as SACDs & DVD-Rs and I'm repeatedly stunned by the sound. Audyssey gave me a hard time at first but once setup to my liking it doesn't stop to amaze me what sound quality you get for its price.

Cheers

post #52 of 397 Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1usedcomp View Post

I don't see an option to set DSD or PCM for sacd playback

Check page 57 of the English manual. A table shows all possible output. Under *2 on left it tells how to select between the two.
post #53 of 397 Old 04-13-2013, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Denon dbt 3313 manual says that the device only supports FAT and FAT32. Yesterday I tested a NTFS external drive and worked just fine. Very nice!
emperorphobos likes this.
post #54 of 397 Old 04-13-2013, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venon1313 View Post

Denon dbt 3313 manual says that the device only supports FAT and FAT32. Yesterday I tested a NTFS external drive and worked just fine. Very nice!
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.
post #55 of 397 Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 AM

A USB keyboard works fine too. Good for youtube/netflix search. It would be nice if there was a command that stops the comunication between the unit and the external drive, so I could connect the keyboard without having to turn the unit off. According to the manual, it's not a good idea connect or disconnect the external drive when the unit is turned on. I read somewhere that Oppo suggests when you turn off the player you should wait at least 30 seconds to turn it on again. It is kind of annoying I have to turn the unit off, disconnect the usb drive, wait 30 seconds, connect the keyboard and turn the unit on again.
post #56 of 397 Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 AM

Nice! I don't have the gear available to test but could it be an option to connect a tiny but powered USB bridge to the DBT and connect both the keyboard and HDD?
post #57 of 397 Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 AM

post #58 of 397 Old 04-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Page 9 of the manual says "USB memory devices will not work via a USB hub". If the manual is right, it's not possible to use a hub.
post #59 of 397 Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
just ordered this blu ray player, and the denon 4520 to go with it. subscribed and look forward to posting once i get it setup
post #60 of 397 Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hello - My apologies.

I thought it was the Denon BDP-3800.

I didnt even know that there was a Denon 3313 blu ray player.

I have a Denon 3313 reciever but wasnt aware that there is a blu ray player by the same numb code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Denon Blu Ray Disc Player Dbt 3313udci , Blu Ray Players , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page