Official OPPO BDP-105D Owner's Thread - Page 67 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 537Likes

post #1981 of 2131 Old 08-13-2016, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonLover View Post
Is anyone else having problems upgrading or updating their firmware? I use ethernet and I had to move over to wireless since ethernet downloads of firmware do not seem to be an option?? After moving over from wired ethernet to wireless I am getting an error that says it cannot connect to the server? I ran the connection test and the connection test shows that I have a connection.
Lots of people having the same issue across Oppo owner threads.
It seems there may be a problem with some ISP service or one of Oppo's servers.
I'm sure the problem will be resolved soon. It is the weekend now so maybe it'll get fixed Monday or Tuesday if not sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2131 Old 08-13-2016, 11:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty-pants View Post
Lots of people having the same issue across Oppo owner threads.

It seems there may be a problem with some ISP service or one of Oppo's servers.

I'm sure the problem will be resolved soon. It is the weekend now so maybe it'll get fixed Monday or Tuesday if not sooner.

Thank you for such a quick reply Smarty-pants! It really seems bizarre that a wired ethernet connection is not an option for a firmware download? It seems like the most secure way of downloading firmware. Oh well, at least WPS was quick and easy to get set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung 75” 4k UHD 8550 (SEK3500) | Oppo UDP-205 | Paradigm Studio 100's v5 (Mains Bi-amped) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (Center) | Paradigm ADP-590 v5 (Back) | SVS PB13-Ultra (x2) | Marantz AV-7702 mkII pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-3, XPA-5 | Harmony Ultimate Home Remote | Apple 4k TV (x2)
post #1983 of 2131 Old 08-13-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenonLover View Post
Thank you for such a quick reply Smarty-pants! It really seems bizarre that a wired ethernet connection is not an option for a firmware download? It seems like the most secure way of downloading firmware. Oh well, at least WPS was quick and easy to get set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wired or wireless has nothing to do with the server errors, you should be able to use either one.
Whenever you choose to use one or the other, you also need to go into the setup menu
and make sure you are choosing ethernet or wireless as your networking preference.
I don't know what your issue with ethernet was, but again the updates, as well as all networking,
can be done via the wired or wireless connections at any time as long as your network is setup properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1984 of 2131 Old 08-15-2016, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Wired or wireless has nothing to do with the server errors, you should be able to use either one.
Whenever you choose to use one or the other, you also need to go into the setup menu
and make sure you are choosing ethernet or wireless as your networking preference.
I don't know what your issue with ethernet was, but again the updates, as well as all networking,
can be done via the wired or wireless connections at any time as long as your network is setup properly.
Thanks and it downloaded perfectly this morning. Sounds like they fixed their server issue.

Samsung 75” 4k UHD 8550 (SEK3500) | Oppo UDP-205 | Paradigm Studio 100's v5 (Mains Bi-amped) | Paradigm Studio CC-690 v5 (Center) | Paradigm ADP-590 v5 (Back) | SVS PB13-Ultra (x2) | Marantz AV-7702 mkII pre/pro | Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-3, XPA-5 | Harmony Ultimate Home Remote | Apple 4k TV (x2)
post #1985 of 2131 Old 08-17-2016, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone know what's in the new firmware update? I came here looking after seeing that Oppo has added the latest release notes yet.
post #1986 of 2131 Old 08-17-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbunnell View Post
Anyone know what's in the new firmware update? I came here looking after seeing that Oppo has added the latest release notes yet.
That should have read, "...after seeing that Oppo has *not* added the latest release notes yet."
post #1987 of 2131 Old 08-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8330
^ Release Notes here:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-b...e-83-0715.aspx

--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #1988 of 2131 Old 08-19-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Upgraded firmware this morning in 2 min flat without any problems using an ethernet connection. No problems to report.

Cal68
post #1989 of 2131 Old 08-28-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal68 View Post
Upgraded firmware this morning in 2 min flat without any problems using an ethernet connection. No problems to report.
Me too, it worked perfectly.
post #1990 of 2131 Old 08-31-2016, 12:34 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Are there any post for what the settings should be in the menu set-up ?
post #1991 of 2131 Old 08-31-2016, 05:38 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4676 Post(s)
Liked: 4550
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp34 View Post
Are there any post for what the settings should be in the menu set-up ?
The manual has many example setups for different audio configurations. Else, see the FAQ: What are the recommended settings for the OPPO BDP-103?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #1992 of 2131 Old 09-01-2016, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I downloaded the firmware update about a week ago, and have had to reboot (unplug and plug back in) my BD-105d. It will experience random playback "slowdown" (the movies runs at about 50-70% speed) and a simple power-off, power-on won't resolve it. Happily, a hard restart seems to work.

Has anyone else experienced this performance issue?
post #1993 of 2131 Old 09-02-2016, 03:32 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Not yet.
post #1994 of 2131 Old 09-02-2016, 03:48 AM

Thumbs up OPPO BPD-105D Special Edition in Taiwan

I’m a acoustics enthusiast in Taiwan, I have interest in home theater and dual track system, The OPPO blu-ray player is a popular brand in Taiwan and also in the high-end market, I have a OPPO 105D and my showroom is about 26.4 square meter, there are two different system, one is M&K home theater system and the another is Sonus Faber dual track speaker, I enjoy the audio and visual effect of Blu-Ray through the theater system of HDMI output by 105D, and also use the analog output to connect the dual track system. I’m satisfied at this design, the only regret is that 105D Price NT$48000, but the quality while replaying the music still can’t compare with the CD turntable (Mark Levinson) I used before. But The OPPO is a multifunction blu-ray Disc player and it can support the digital stream very well, it is also convenient when I’m using.

Last year I found out that The OPPO agency in Taiwan had exhibited the upgrade version of BDP-103D, actually the intrinsic quality of OPPO blu-ray Disc player is very good, there are lots of player rework and modified it by themselves, and also many HI-END brands use it to upgrade. I’m curious when I knew the Taiwan agency upgrade it by themselves, I listened the difference between the original 103D and the 103D SE(SPECIAL EDITION) by Taiwan agency of OPPO digital, that is a impressive audiovisual experience. The modify upgraded 103D SE has more acoustic field and movement, even threaten the position of 105D, but I’m the user of 105D, so I asked about whether there are going to have a Special Edition of 105D. Then they exhibit the BDP-105D SE(SPECIAL EDITION) one year later.

Having the listening experience last time, I request the agent of OPPO Taiwan to take the 105D SE for me on trial, I make sure I will upgrade my 105D, if the property get higher than my original version. There are three listener the day we invited, including the represent of agency, my friend and me. To be fair, we used the same wires, systems, and the only difference is the Blu-ray machine. Actually I can estimate the variation while they just try on the SE version, it operate better after upgrade indeed. The three features why I subscribed it: first, the resolution highly rising. Second, the sound stage growing better. Third, the human voice being more sweet than before.

As far as I know, the agency achieve the success around Taiwan and Hong Kong since they promote the 105D SE upgrade version. When I decided to upgrade my 105D Blu-ray, I found out that I have to wait about 20 working days. After a little while, I got my 105D SE in July. It’s worth it!! Since then, Not only I use it to play Blu-ray but also replaced my old CD PLAYER to listen music and SACD.
Lawrence0718 likes this.
post #1995 of 2131 Old 09-07-2016, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
In the last week or so, I've been unable to get audio to work when streaming material using the VUDU or Netflix apps on the BDP105D. This functionality worked flawlessly until about 5 days ago. I contacted Oppo Support, and was informed that I now need to plug the HDMI 1 output directly into my display, rather than into my receiver, and run the audio from the HDMI 2 output of the Oppo to my receiver for this to work.

When I pointed out that one of the features of having a receiver was to allow switching between sources, I was told that this is now the only option. Personally, I cannot believe that these folks would be dumb enough to degrade functionality like this. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice?

I've copied the conversation I've had with Oppo Support below: (read it bottom to top).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately the only solution would be to have the player shipped back to us for downgrade. There is no way for you, as the end consumer, to downgrade the firmware of the player.

Otherwise, you can switch between the receiver and the projector by removing the HDMI cable from the output of the receiver to the HDMI 1 of the player when you want to use streaming services, or use another device like a Roku Box, AppleTV, or Amazon FireTV.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[email protected]
Tel: 650-961-1118
Fax: 650-961-1119

Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:19 AM
To: OPPO Service
Subject: Re: Message From J

Thanks for the information. However, as I said below, it's not really an option for me to

connect my Oppo BDP105 directly to my projector. To do so will prevent me from using my
other media sources. One of the primary reasons for having a receiver is to allow switching between sources.
So, how can I recover the functionality I had? Everything was working perfectly! Please help me find
a workable solution to this problem.

Thank you!

On 9/7/2016 10:13 AM, OPPO Service wrote:

J,

YouTube audio is AAC. This issue only affects Dolby Digital Plus in most cases, which is why only Netflix and VUDU are affected.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2016 6:21 PM

This is not going to work. I have multiple media sources which feed into my receiver, which has one output going to my projector. This worked fine before. Is there a way to recover that fuctionality?

I should add that the YouTube app still works fine, including audio. Is that to be expected if the problem is really a firmware update?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/6/16 3:25 PM (GMT-07:00)

J,

You will need to split your A/V configuration it you are using HDMI for audio. So you will need to use HDMI 1 to the television for video and HDMI 2 to the receiver for audio. This will resolve the issue of not getting any audio from Netflix and VUDU with the latest firmware release.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OPPO Digital, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
[email protected]

Sent: Monday, September 5, 2016 5:35 PM
Subject: Message From J

Message from Contact Us Web Page

Name: J
Preferred Contact Method: E-Mail
Category: Technical Support
Order Number:
Note: Hi,

I purchased an Oppo BDP105D in 2014, and it has performed quite well for me until this last week. The problem is that when I attempt to stream movies using Vudu or Netflix, I am able to receive video, as usual, but get no audio whatsoever. Up to this point in time, both these applications have worked flawlessly. I did update the firmware, which is now current, but did not observe these problems immediately after doing so. Therefore, I'm not at all convinced that the firmware update is responsible for the problem.

BTW, I have confirmed that the BDP105D is the definite source of the problem. I did this by disconnecting the 105D from my system, and connecting a BDP103 in its place. I was then able to stream video from Vudu with sound. Reconnecting the BDP105D resulted in the same problem as before: no sound.

For your convenience, below I've listed as much information as I could find which might be relevant to your diagnosis of the problem. Please help me to fix this ASAP. Many thanks!
post #1996 of 2131 Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Read the FAQ!

^jneps,

Several other workarounds have been posted here which you can try while waiting for a better answer.

1) Switch the AVR to a different input and back to force a new HDMI handshake when the problem happens with Bitstream output. OR

2) Use LPCM output instead of Bitstream output. The problem does not happen with HDMI Audio LPCM. OR

3) Set the player to Quick Start instead of Energy Efficient. You will likely still need to do workaround (1) above one time with Bitstream output, but after that the problem should not return on each power cycle. Note that if there is a power failure, or if you unplug the player, the next power up will be Energy Efficient (a complete reboot) even though Quick Start is set, so you may need to use workaround (1) one time, again.

---------------------------

ETA: A new workaround just posted in the 103D thread:

4) "I am also having the audio issue with Netflix and Vudu. I have found that another way to fix the issue is to hit the audio button on the OPPO remote to switch to another language ect. This immediately brings audio back and then you just need to go back to English 5.1."

--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 09-08-2016 at 10:38 AM.
post #1997 of 2131 Old 09-11-2016, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Dead Remote Control?

A few days ago I was no longer able to control my 105D with the Oppo remote control. First thing I tried was to replace the batteries but it still wouldn't work. Then I tried disconnecting the power cord, waiting about half a minute and reconnecting it but the remote still doesn't seem to work. I've been using the front panel buttons but there are certain things like changing the input that I don't know how to do that way.

I've ordered a replacement from Oppo. In the event the new one doesn't work either I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this before and/or if anyone has any thoughts about what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance.
post #1998 of 2131 Old 09-11-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Appierto View Post
A few days ago I was no longer able to control my 105D with the Oppo remote control. First thing I tried was to replace the batteries but it still wouldn't work. Then I tried disconnecting the power cord, waiting about half a minute and reconnecting it but the remote still doesn't seem to work. I've been using the front panel buttons but there are certain things like changing the input that I don't know how to do that way.

I've ordered a replacement from Oppo. In the event the new one doesn't work either I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this before and/or if anyone has any thoughts about what the issue might be.

Thanks in advance.
I don't know if you can get into the settings menu, but if you can, make sure the IR control isn't accidentally set to use the rear IR input.
Another thing I would try is to reset the player back to factory default settings if you can.
If the new remote doesn't fix the issue, and if you can't reset the player (or a reset doesn't fix it), you'll have to send it in for repair to Oppo.
You could also try (re)installing the latest firmware, but if a reset doesn't fix it, it's not likely a firmware install would either,
and if those don't fix it then the issue is a hardware failure.
FWIW, this is a rare issue and I don't recall seeing anyone else ask about a failed IR input.
Of course the issue could just be the remote and that might fix it when you get the new one.
post #1999 of 2131 Old 09-12-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
I don't know if you can get into the settings menu, but if you can, make sure the IR control isn't accidentally set to use the rear IR input.
Another thing I would try is to reset the player back to factory default settings if you can.
If the new remote doesn't fix the issue, and if you can't reset the player (or a reset doesn't fix it), you'll have to send it in for repair to Oppo.
You could also try (re)installing the latest firmware, but if a reset doesn't fix it, it's not likely a firmware install would either,
and if those don't fix it then the issue is a hardware failure.
FWIW, this is a rare issue and I don't recall seeing anyone else ask about a failed IR input.
Of course the issue could just be the remote and that might fix it when you get the new one.
Thank you for the suggestions which I'll definitely try if the new remote doesn't do the trick when it arrives. Either way, I'll post what does happen.
post #2000 of 2131 Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Appierto View Post

Thanks in advance.
Replace the batteries AGAIN. Sometimes, even new batteries are dead. Double check that you are inserting both batteries the correct way around. While you have the battery compartment open, check that the little slider switch in there is set to the correct one of the three Remote control code set choices, and not mispositioned halfway between two choices. A paper clip or ballpoint pen is useful for adjusting that slider switch.

Now use the Front Panel buttons to power up the player and open its Tray. Stand near the player. Holding the remote pointing at the Front Panel display of the player -- and with its Tray still open -- press and hold the Enter button on the Remote for about 10 seconds.

A message should come up in the Front Panel display indicating the player is switching to use the Remote control code set selected by the slider switch in the Remote. If that does NOT come up then there is definitely a problem either with the Remote, or with the player's sensor.

(If that message DOES come up, then check whether the Remote is now working correctly.)

The replacement Remote already ordered will fix it if the problem is the Remote. If the problem is the sensor, the only other thing you can try yourself is a complete power cycle of the player:

1) Remove any disc in the Tray.

2) Unplug EVERYTHING from the player, including the Wifi dongle and any attached disc drives.

3) While still unplugged, press and hold the Front Panel power button a few seconds to discharge any remaining power. This will insure a complete reboot of even the lowest level hardware in the player next time you power up.

4) Plug in *JUST* the power cord, and power up the player.

5) Repeat the procedure above with the Remote and with the Tray open to set the player's choice of Remote control code set.

If that still does not work, there's nothing you can do except wait for the replacement remote. Your player may need service.

If that DOES work, reattach the things you normally have plugged into the player one at a time and see if the problem returns. If the problem is caused by one of those attachments, then you need to check that cable or device.
--Bob
RichB and DenonLover like this.

post #2001 of 2131 Old 09-12-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Replace the batteries AGAIN. Sometimes, even new batteries are dead. Double check that you are inserting both batteries the correct way around. While you have the battery compartment open, check that the little slider switch in there is set to the correct one of the three Remote control code set choices, and not mispositioned halfway between two choices. A paper clip or ballpoint pen is useful for adjusting that slider switch.

Now use the Front Panel buttons to power up the player and open its Tray. Stand near the player. Holding the remote pointing at the Front Panel display of the player -- and with its Tray still open -- press and hold the Enter button on the Remote for about 10 seconds.

A message should come up in the Front Panel display indicating the player is switching to use the Remote control code set selected by the slider switch in the Remote. If that does NOT come up then there is definitely a problem either with the Remote, or with the player's sensor.

(If that message DOES come up, then check whether the Remote is now working correctly.)

The replacement Remote already ordered will fix it if the problem is the Remote. If the problem is the sensor, the only other thing you can try yourself is a complete power cycle of the player:

1) Remove any disc in the Tray.

2) Unplug EVERYTHING from the player, including the Wifi dongle and any attached disc drives.

3) While still unplugged, press and hold the Front Panel power button a few seconds to discharge any remaining power. This will insure a complete reboot of even the lowest level hardware in the player next time you power up.

4) Plug in *JUST* the power cord, and power up the player.

5) Repeat the procedure above with the Remote and with the Tray open to set the player's choice of Remote control code set.

If that still does not work, there's nothing you can do except wait for the replacement remote. Your player may need service.

If that DOES work, reattach the things you normally have plugged into the player one at a time and see if the problem returns. If the problem is caused by one of those attachments, then you need to check that cable or device.
--Bob
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It must have been that little switch. I replaced the batteries and with a paper clip pushed all the way to the left to make sure it was set for code 1 although it had looked fine to begin with. As soon as I did that, the remote worked! For the heck of it I then put the first set of replacement batteries back in and it still worked.

Weirdly, even holding down the Enter button for up to a half-minute with the tray open (and empty) I could not get the remote code to display.

Thanks again, Bob (and Smarty Pants). I really appreciate your time and suggestions.
Smarty-pants likes this.
post #2002 of 2131 Old 09-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ If the player is ALREADY set to the correct Remote Control code set, no change happens when you do that procedure, so the message does not appear.
--Bob

post #2003 of 2131 Old 09-12-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
^ If the player is ALREADY set to the correct Remote Control code set, no change happens when you do that procedure, so the message does not appear.
--Bob
Gotcha. Thanks again, Bob.
post #2004 of 2131 Old 09-17-2016, 10:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Liked: 2332
Got a 105D recently and notice skipped frames now and then while watching blu Ray discs. It happens Maybe a few times per movie. I have skipped back when I see it and it doesn't do it again so I know it is not on the disk themselves.

Has anyone else noticed this?
post #2005 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
OPPO BD modification solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midori Goto View Post
I’m a acoustics enthusiast in Taiwan, I have interest in home theater and dual track system, The OPPO blu-ray player is a popular brand in Taiwan and also in the high-end market, I have a OPPO 105D and my showroom is about 26.4 square meter, there are two different system, one is M&K home theater system and the another is Sonus Faber dual track speaker, I enjoy the audio and visual effect of Blu-Ray through the theater system of HDMI output by 105D, and also use the analog output to connect the dual track system. I’m satisfied at this design, the only regret is that 105D Price NT$48000, but the quality while replaying the music still can’t compare with the CD turntable (Mark Levinson) I used before. But The OPPO is a multifunction blu-ray Disc player and it can support the digital stream very well, it is also convenient when I’m using.

Last year I found out that The OPPO agency in Taiwan had exhibited the upgrade version of BDP-103D, actually the intrinsic quality of OPPO blu-ray Disc player is very good, there are lots of player rework and modified it by themselves, and also many HI-END brands use it to upgrade. I’m curious when I knew the Taiwan agency upgrade it by themselves, I listened the difference between the original 103D and the 103D SE(SPECIAL EDITION) by Taiwan agency of OPPO digital, that is a impressive audiovisual experience. The modify upgraded 103D SE has more acoustic field and movement, even threaten the position of 105D, but I’m the user of 105D, so I asked about whether there are going to have a Special Edition of 105D. Then they exhibit the BDP-105D SE(SPECIAL EDITION) one year later.

Having the listening experience last time, I request the agent of OPPO Taiwan to take the 105D SE for me on trial, I make sure I will upgrade my 105D, if the property get higher than my original version. There are three listener the day we invited, including the represent of agency, my friend and me. To be fair, we used the same wires, systems, and the only difference is the Blu-ray machine. Actually I can estimate the variation while they just try on the SE version, it operate better after upgrade indeed. The three features why I subscribed it: first, the resolution highly rising. Second, the sound stage growing better. Third, the human voice being more sweet than before.

As far as I know, the agency achieve the success around Taiwan and Hong Kong since they promote the 105D SE upgrade version. When I decided to upgrade my 105D Blu-ray, I found out that I have to wait about 20 working days. After a little while, I got my 105D SE in July. It’s worth it!! Since then, Not only I use it to play Blu-ray but also replaced my old CD PLAYER to listen music and SACD.
Dear Sir,

I am Fred, product manager of OPPO Taiwan. During 2015 to 2016, our Team planned and executed the enhancement package for OPPO BD player 103D & 105D, and received very good response from customers in both Taiwan and Hong Kong. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you as part of global Chinese society.

The enhancement package for OPPO BD player 103D hit the market in July 2015, not only massively reported by Taiwan's high-end audio/video magazine, but also received lots of positive review from internet media and hi-fi forum as well.
We had held 4 experience activities in different main cities in Taiwan, and along established our own community on Facebook for enhancement package. Although current version of OPPO BD player has been sold for more than 2 years, along with competitive brand, Pioneer, launching new models this year, the attention to OPPO BD player is raised through the promoting of the enhancement package, therefore the OPPO BD player sale in Taiwan is still going well. The extra benefit made by the enhancement package, the profit also grew up. According to my understanding, after observed the success in Taiwan, Hong Kong team applied same strategy to promote the enhancement package, and reached good results with full support from Taiwan team.

Regards the enhancement package for 105D, expectation from users is sky high…. Lots of customer asked whether there will be enhancement package for 105D. Our 105D projects kicked off on Dec. 2015, final design was confirmed on May 2016. The enhancement package of 105D is much more complicated, development cost also higher, but with the successful experience learned from 103D, both Taiwan and Hong Kong team worked closely to promote the 105D enhancement package in this May to July, the outcome was very good, not only maintained the awareness and discussion of OPPO BD player, the sale of 105D SE(special edition, means with enhancement package) is excellent as well.

Above is part of the marketing concept of OPPO BD player enhancement package, I believe if you can join us, we can achieve even better sale result in OPPO BD player. I Look forward to hearing from you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0001.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1668809   Click image for larger version

Name:	0002.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	1668817   Click image for larger version

Name:	0003.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1668825   Click image for larger version

Name:	0004.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	1668833   Click image for larger version

Name:	0007.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1668841  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0006.jpg
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	1668849   Click image for larger version

Name:	0005.jpg
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	1668857  
post #2006 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
Got a 105D recently and notice skipped frames now and then while watching blu Ray discs. It happens Maybe a few times per movie. I have skipped back when I see it and it doesn't do it again so I know it is not on the disk themselves.

Has anyone else noticed this?
I just received a new 105D to replace another player. First BRD playback marred by multiple, brief periods of interrupted playback. Both video (grey screen) and audio blank out for a few seconds. So many variables, that I have not been able to investigate this, but it sounds similar to your report.
post #2007 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Liked: 2332
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanjia View Post
I just received a new 105D to replace another player. First BRD playback marred by multiple, brief periods of interrupted playback. Both video (grey screen) and audio blank out for a few seconds. So many variables, that I have not been able to investigate this, but it sounds similar to your report.
I haven't noticed any video or audio dropouts. It is just the slightest skip of maybe one frame. I realized I accidentally had the darbee processor on (I don't like it) and turned it off. I didn't notice it last night but I only watched for 45 minutes.

Last edited by raynist; 09-19-2016 at 11:54 AM.
post #2008 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Actually this sounds like a classic case of HDMI cabling problems. Try this: Temporarily set the video output to Deep Color OFF. Then try 480p output resolution. 480p (not 480i) is the "simplest" HDMI signal.

If that works without dropouts, next try 1080i. If 480p and 1080i work but 1080p does not (or does not when you re-enable Deep Color if you've been using that) then that says you need to upgrade your HDMI cables.

Start by pulling and re-inserting all of the HDMI plugs from end to end in the entire HDMI signal path. HDMI is just friction fit, and it only takes a small shift of plug in socket to screw things up. Make sure each plug is fully inserted straight into the socket with nothing (e.g., cable weight or kinks in the cable) tugging on that plug. If necessary, arrange to support the cable near each socket.

If you replace the cables, look for cables that are labeled as "For 1080p", or "High Speed", or "Category 2", which all mean the same thing. If your equipment is close together, don't get short HDMI cables. The sweet spot for length in HDMI is 6 feet (2 meters). It is well understood that long cables can cause problems, but short cables can too.

HDMI is an end to end protocol, so every cable in the signal path should be suspect, not just the output cable(s) from the OPPO.

If you have anything else in the HDMI signal path, consider that suspect too. Try to bypass such things to test. This would include daisy-chained cables, adapters, wall plates (used to tidy up the ends of cable runs inside the walls), HDMI "switches" or any other gizmos in line such as stand-alone Darbee.
--Bob

post #2009 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Actually this sounds like a classic case of HDMI cabling problems. Try this: Temporarily set the video output to Deep Color OFF. Then try 480p output resolution. 480p (not 480i) is the "simplest" HDMI signal.

If that works without dropouts, next try 1080i. If 480p and 1080i work but 1080p does not (or does not when you re-enable Deep Color if you've been using that) then that says you need to upgrade your HDMI cables.

Start by pulling and re-inserting all of the HDMI plugs from end to end in the entire HDMI signal path. HDMI is just friction fit, and it only takes a small shift of plug in socket to screw things up. Make sure each plug is fully inserted straight into the socket with nothing (e.g., cable weight or kinks in the cable) tugging on that plug. If necessary, arrange to support the cable near each socket.

If you replace the cables, look for cables that are labeled as "For 1080p", or "High Speed", or "Category 2", which all mean the same thing. If your equipment is close together, don't get short HDMI cables. The sweet spot for length in HDMI is 6 feet (2 meters). It is well understood that long cables can cause problems, but short cables can too.

HDMI is an end to end protocol, so every cable in the signal path should be suspect, not just the output cable(s) from the OPPO.

If you have anything else in the HDMI signal path, consider that suspect too. Try to bypass such things to test. This would include daisy-chained cables, adapters, wall plates (used to tidy up the ends of cable runs inside the walls), HDMI "switches" or any other gizmos in line such as stand-alone Darbee.
--Bob
Thanks for the reply. I will give your suggestions a try. In my case, the troubleshooting is somewhat complicated. Multiple HDMI sources (Sony BRD changer, Sony DVD changer, TiVo, AppleTV, Oppo) into a Yamaha AVR. From Yamaha to a Vantec splitter and on to 4 displays via in-wall HDMI cabling. Connectors at the wall plates.

AND the interruption in playback is so intermittent, that I will need to watch the Blu-ray for many minutes to rule out a problem.

Question 1: can inactive HDMI inputs cause a problem or is it attributable only to the active INPUT. If so, I can disconnect other displays and check one path at a time.

Question 2: is there a tool to check integrity of path independent of playback (analogous to Fluke cable qualification testers)?

Question 3: assuming cabling is OK, can the AVR be at fault?

thanks again
post #2010 of 2131 Old 09-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I will give your suggestions a try. In my case, the troubleshooting is somewhat complicated. Multiple HDMI sources (Sony BRD changer, Sony DVD changer, TiVo, AppleTV, Oppo) into a Yamaha AVR. From Yamaha to a Vantec splitter and on to 4 displays via in-wall HDMI cabling. Connectors at the wall plates.

AND the interruption in playback is so intermittent, that I will need to watch the Blu-ray for many minutes to rule out a problem.

Question 1: can inactive HDMI inputs cause a problem or is it attributable only to the active INPUT. If so, I can disconnect other displays and check one path at a time.

Question 2: is there a tool to check integrity of path independent of playback (analogous to Fluke cable qualification testers)?

Question 3: assuming cabling is OK, can the AVR be at fault?

thanks again
1) Inactive connections should not affect the active path. But keep in mind that many modern HDMI devices keep their HDMI sockets live even when the device is "off" -- for things like remote control over the HDMI cable.

2) Not that you'll want to buy. HDMI signal and cable analyzers are expensive.

3) Yes, the AVR can be screwing things up, but it is far FAR more likely that the cabling is at fault. Also check the topology of your cabling. If you have any "loops" -- where the signal leaving a device can make it back into the device -- or dual paths -- where the signal can reach a device on two different HDMI cables -- that can cause problems. For example, if the output of the OPPO feeds through another device which sends it back to an Input of the OPPO.

The best bet in testing HDMI hookups is to simplify as much as possible until you are sure the cables are working for what you want to do. Then add complexity one step at a time.
--Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Oppo Digital Inc Bdp 105

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page