UHD Bluray Players
As we get closer and closer to the release of UHD Bluray I feel there are a number of questions that are not being answered. And we are also seeing no marketing or any attempt to build any excitement for the upcoming format.
I do not know about any else here but these are some of the things I would love to know!
1. What brands will offer a UHD Bluray player at the end of the year?
2. Will we see Dolby Atmos and DTS-X releases for the new players? And what are the chances of Auro 3D format being offered?
3. Will HDCP 2.2 be mandatory to view UHD Bluray content?
4. What will be the price points that we can expect to see when the players are released?
5. Will UHD content be taken from native 4K content or will we end up getting some 2K upconverted?
It is only about 7 months until UHD Bluray hits the retail shelves unless it is pushed back. My concern is that early UHD TV adapters will get the shaft, something I hope doesn't happen.
What questions do you have about the new upcoming format?
HT System: Marantz SR-8012 11.2 (7.2.4) Receiver, Sony XBR55A9F 55"OLED 4K HDR/Dolby Vision/IMAX Enhanced TV, Panasonic DP-UB9000 4K UHD Blu-ray Player, Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD player,4K Apple TV 64GB, Speakers: Altec Lancing A-7's (L&R), Bowers & Wilkins HTM61 S2 center channel, Klipsch RP-600M Surround Speakers, Advent Marbles (Height Speakers), HSU VTF-3 MK5HP Subwoofer. AudioQuest Cables, Pangea Audio speaker stands.