Official Samsung UBD-K8500 4K HDR Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 476 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 40407Likes

post #14251 of 14259 Old 12-01-2019, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Audio Help Please

Good Morning!

So I added the Vizio m658-G1 to my line up and removed the Sony 850C. I hooked everything up the way I had it before. In particular the Sammy audio is running out of hdmi 2 into my Onkyo AVR and the video is running out of hdmi into the Vizio hdmi2. For some reason I now have no audio coming out of the Onkyo. Looking for some insight and ideas. Also posting over in the Onkyo thread. Thanks in advance!

Sony XBR-55X850C
Onkyo TX-SR444
PS4
Polk Audio 5.1.2

Packer fan living in Michigan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14252 of 14259 Old 12-02-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 2671 Post(s)
Liked: 5386
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilithos View Post
Good Morning!

So I added the Vizio m658-G1 to my line up and removed the Sony 850C. I hooked everything up the way I had it before. In particular the Sammy audio is running out of hdmi 2 into my Onkyo AVR and the video is running out of hdmi into the Vizio hdmi2. For some reason I now have no audio coming out of the Onkyo. Looking for some insight and ideas. Also posting over in the Onkyo thread. Thanks in advance!
I see you have posted on the threads related to your TV and Receiver and it would appear that according to some owners on the Vizio thread you should only be using a single HDMI cable.

Whatever the case, even if your TV and AVR combination support using Method 1, there is still no reason why Method 2 shouldn’t work for you which leads me to the Menu >> Sound >> HDMI Audio Output setting.

You never mentioned your UBD players Sound settings so lets start there. While some of us using dual HDMI cables can use the Auto setting like I do as shown in the thumbnail below and experience no problems, others need to explicitly set this to HDMI 2 as discussed in posts like 13717 and 13718 otherwise , like yourself, they are unable to receive any sound.

Hope this leads to a solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5BAD1BF0-7EB8-495F-91A4-491EADD62A2B.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2648364  

Samsung UN78HU9000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UN40HU7000 & SEK-3500U/ZA - Firmware 1540.3
Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Apple TV 4K
Arris VIP5662W UHD Whole Home DVR; Chromecast Ultra
Marantz SR7005 Receiver; Magnepan Speakers; Martin Logan Subwoofer

Last edited by Musician; 12-02-2019 at 06:55 PM.
post #14253 of 14259 Old 12-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by profb888 View Post
Whenever I play something from a USB stick, it always defaults to subtitles on. I can turn them off manually, but it's a pain to do it every time. Is there any way to set the default subtitle setting to off, esp. for USB files?
Thanks

Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier but it took forever for my remote to come. Anyway, no ... I can't find a way to set the subtitle default to off for USB files. I did however find this cheap remote (linked below). It has a dedicated 'subtitle' button so turning them off becomes a simple 2 button push (subtitle, up-arrow). Also, the buttons are are more reasonably spaced so 'pushing the wrong button' is no longer a problem. It has a backlight but they designed it such that it's pretty much useless.

https://www.amazon.ca/DEHA-BluRay-Co...3597959&sr=8-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14254 of 14259 Old Today, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,

I found this Blu-ray player and saw the manual said it supported MKV files. So I purchased it. I have downloaded a couple 4K and Blu-ray MKV videos. But they don't play on a USB drive. Is there any Blu-ray or 4K video that can be downloaded and used with this player? That or convert 4K or Blu-ray MKV to another format with software? Perhaps burned to a Blu-ray 50 GB disk Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
post #14255 of 14259 Old Today, 02:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK79 View Post
Hello,

I found this Blu-ray player and saw the manual said it supported MKV files. So I purchased it. I have downloaded a couple 4K and Blu-ray MKV videos. But they don't play on a USB drive. Is there any Blu-ray or 4K video that can be downloaded and used with this player? That or convert 4K or Blu-ray MKV to another format with software? Perhaps burned to a Blu-ray 50 GB disk Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
There are no 4k BluRay players that can play 4K mkvs with uncompressed sound. You are limited to mkvs with MP4 compressed sound.

Doesn't matter what brand it is, Sony, lg, Samsung. The only player that people seem to have had success is Oppo, but they no longer are making players.

You would be best served using an Nvidia shield for what you are looking to do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.

tv: Samsung UN75MU800, Receiver: Denon AVR 730H, speakers: 4x M&K S-1B and M&K S85c for center, sub: MKsound V12 HTPC, Samsung UBP-K8500, Rogers Digital PVR, Chromecast Ultra
post #14256 of 14259 Old Today, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 590
Quote:
Hello,

MKV is just a container, what's in it may not be a format the player will accept.
That said, I have ZERO issues playing MKV content from my NAS via a hard wired network connection. Plays Atmos fine from rips.
galonzo likes this.
post #14257 of 14259 Old Today, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
MKV is just a container, what's in it may not be a format the player will accept.
That said, I have ZERO issues playing MKV content from my NAS via a hard wired network connection. Plays Atmos fine from rips.
I wish they'd update it to do atmos from Netflix.
We know it can handle the Atmos codex from discs Matt about says it will also from rips so I would think it could be done with a fairly simple update?

Sony XBR75-X940D, Sony UBP-X800M2 UHD-BD, Xfinity X1 Voice DVR, Marantz AV-7703 Pre/Pro w/Auro, (3) Adcom GFA-545II amps, (2) Adcom GFA-535II amps for ATMOS speakers.
HSU Research 5.2 speaker system (4) HB-1 MK2, (1) HC-1 MK2, (2) STF-2,
Klipsch HT500 satellites (4) for ceiling mounted ATMOS playback
DIY Linux desktop w/Strawberry bit perfect media center. Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC
post #14258 of 14259 Old Today, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Hello,

I play a lot of usb videos in mkv containers through the usb with this player without issue. Some are 2160p, some are 1080p ... is this what you mean when you say 4K and Blu-ray videos?

When you say they don't play ... what does that mean? ... does the player find the file and then not play it or does it simply not find the file?

To help you with these files, could you download MediaInfo ... use it on one of your downloaded files and post the results here?

Last edited by robert600; Today at 04:23 PM.
post #14259 of 14259 Old Today, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
You are limited to mkvs with MP4 compressed sound.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what MP4 compressed sound is but that doesn't "sound" right to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
color calibration , hdr player , member , settings