Xbox One S-UHD Blu-Ray Player Aug 2016 - Page 15 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3682Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #421 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
I watched it on the Samsung player. Details are sharp, granted some of the movie is kinda drab. The scene with the fire as well as some sky shots show off HDR IMO.
gadgtfreek is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #422 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 02:05 PM
Member
 
tor ove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norway, Bergen
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
My only gripe with madax is the intentional grain in the film. The Martian is another movie that looks great. Right from the opening scene of the red planet
I agree to the grain. Me myself don't like film-grain effect.
I see some disc-reviewers like highdefdigest and bluray.com loving grain, and giving top score on picture quality to movies drowning in grain effects.
I like a crisp clear picture.
But I love the colors in MadMax.
tor ove is offline  
post #423 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by tor ove View Post
I agree to the grain. Me myself don't like film-grain effect.
I see some disc-reviewers like highdefdigest and bluray.com loving grain, and giving top score on picture quality to movies drowning in grain effects.
I like a crisp clear picture.
But I love the colors in MadMax.
Oblivion looks amazing. Demo material. I really noticed the pan judder on this movie though. Microsoft needs to push an update soon. No issues on the k8500 with the same movies.
Mattopotamus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #424 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Member
 
tor ove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norway, Bergen
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thank you for the tip. Oblivion is on my to-make-a-decision-list.
Seems like a must buy now as I really like the story of that movie.
tor ove is offline  
post #425 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 02:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by tor ove View Post
Thank you for the tip. Oblivion is on my to-make-a-decision-list.
Seems like a must buy now as I really like the story of that movie.
It's not just HDR. Having WCG makes a movie I have seen 10 times look brand new.

I always felt the movie was visually stunning, but the sky and land was muted....not any more. It has pop
aaronwt likes this.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #426 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Member
 
yadmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Please forgive the tangential question, but is there not a such thing as blu ray that is both 4K and 3D? I'm only seeing either/or options. Is this a limitation of the medium or simply just not offered yet?

2016 LG 55" C6 OLED
yadmonkey is offline  
post #427 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 07:37 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,399
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8956 Post(s)
Liked: 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadmonkey View Post
Please forgive the tangential question, but is there not a such thing as blu ray that is both 4K and 3D? I'm only seeing either/or options. Is this a limitation of the medium or simply just not offered yet?
3D is not in the UHD BD spec.
yadmonkey likes this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #428 of 2573 Old 08-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Member
 
yadmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
3D is not in the UHD BD spec.
Bummer, but thanks for the quick answer.

2016 LG 55" C6 OLED
yadmonkey is offline  
post #429 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rr6966's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
It's not just HDR. Having WCG makes a movie I have seen 10 times look brand new.

I always felt the movie was visually stunning, but the sky and land was muted....not any more. It has pop

Totally agree! I watched this movie last night and it is awesome. The standard Blu Ray is excellent, but the UHD took this film to a new level. Tonight is Lone Survivor!
rr6966 is offline  
post #430 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 06:40 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,399
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8956 Post(s)
Liked: 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr6966 View Post
Totally agree! I watched this movie last night and it is awesome. The standard Blu Ray is excellent, but the UHD took this film to a new level. Tonight is Lone Survivor!
You should check out Lucy. It Blows Oblivion away. Lucy really shows of the sharpness and detail of what is possible with 4K. As well as showing off HDR. Oblivion was very soft compared to how Lucy looked.

I guess I'll need to check out Lone Survivor tonight also.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #431 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
You should check out Lucy. It Blows Oblivion away. Lucy really shows of the sharpness and detail of what is possible with 4K. As well as showing off HDR. Oblivion was very soft compared to how Lucy looked.

I guess I'll need to check out Lone Survivor tonight also.
Interesting. I thought oblivion was anything but soft. I just can't bring myself to watch that terrible movie, Lucy, again. Lone Survivor will probably be a buy for me though.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #432 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Member
 
CagedMonky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How confident are you here that MS will enable bitstream output for Atmos/DTS-X/TrueHD/DTS-Master for the XB1S?
CagedMonky is offline  
post #433 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
They said it is on the list, so they acknowledged it. What you cannot plan for is how long it takes...
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #434 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by CagedMonky View Post
How confident are you here that MS will enable bitstream output for Atmos/DTS-X/TrueHD/DTS-Master for the XB1S?
I think they will add it, but like the user above said, I think it is very low on their priority list. It is a gaming console first and bugs related to that will get updated first.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #435 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Member
 
tor ove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Norway, Bergen
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Well, they know about it, and I belive now with the 4k HDR generation there will be more people asking for it, than with the 1080p generation.
Many of the 4k receivers also do Atmos and DTS:X. And the XBOS going in a market with 4k and HDR as the main advantage, they should adress this request for pure bitstreaming.

I wrote Major Nelson, and the reply was somewhat standard and short.
Anyhow, lets bring it to Microsofts attention again and again.
Here is Majors response to me:
Quote:
From: [email protected]
To: *********@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Hey Major, we need one crucial Xbox One S update, please read..
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 16:53:31 +0000

I will pass this along to the team. Thanks for your email.
I just hope they don't hold back bitstream on XBOS, to use DTS:X and Atmos as a part of their marketing strategy towards the Scorpio.
tor ove is offline  
post #436 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
Seeing as they opted to release a model early with a UHD drive, I think they take the movie side somewhat seriously. Hopefully bitstream will come soon.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #437 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Member
 
EverydayGetaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Interesting. I thought oblivion was anything but soft. I just can't bring myself to watch that terrible movie, Lucy, again. Lone Survivor will probably be a buy for me though.
This. Man that movie was bad...

I know this question gets asked on the daily... but has the Amazon app been updated yet? Has anyone heard when it will be? I have a Vizio P65 and I'm getting really frustrated that I can't access my Amazon content in 4K or HDR I just sold my old Xbox One today and placed my preorder for the 500GB One S, hoping Amazon will get their s*** together before it ships.
EverydayGetaway is offline  
post #438 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
This. Man that movie was bad...

I know this question gets asked on the daily... but has the Amazon app been updated yet? Has anyone heard when it will be? I have a Vizio P65 and I'm getting really frustrated that I can't access my Amazon content in 4K or HDR I just sold my old Xbox One today and placed my preorder for the 500GB One S, hoping Amazon will get their s*** together before it ships.
No update as of yet. I have the same TV as you. Amazon not working is an xbox thing not a vizio thing. I hope amazon gets it fixed soon.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #439 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 10:40 AM
Member
 
EverydayGetaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
No update as of yet. I have the same TV as you. Amazon not working is an xbox thing not a vizio thing. I hope amazon gets it fixed soon.
Lame.

And I'm aware of that, my point is that because the p65 can't cast Amazon video I have no other way of viewing that content which is a total bummer.
EverydayGetaway is offline  
post #440 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 10:56 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,399
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8956 Post(s)
Liked: 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
Interesting. I thought oblivion was anything but soft. I just can't bring myself to watch that terrible movie, Lucy, again. Lone Survivor will probably be a buy for me though.
Oblivion on it's own looks very go. But Oblivion looks soft when compared to Lucy. Lucy is ultra sharp and has tons of fine detail not seen in Oblivion. The difference was probably more noticeable to me because i looked at both titles back to back. I've been a fan of both Lucy and Oblivion. They are both titles that i will just start watching if they are on.
ingramba and Mattopotamus like this.

49TB unRAID1a--53TB unRAID2--70TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #441 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
thrustbucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 629
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Lame.

And I'm aware of that, my point is that because the p65 can't cast Amazon video I have no other way of viewing that content which is a total bummer.
From reading around in different forums it seems that Amazon 4k HDR is kind of a PIA to get outside of the apps loaded on to smart TV's. In fact, I don't know if any external device (except maybe the K8500) will push it.
thrustbucket is offline  
post #442 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Senior Member
 
iamitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CagedMonky View Post
How confident are you here that MS will enable bitstream output for Atmos/DTS-X/TrueHD/DTS-Master for the XB1S?
I am not. I can't wait for PS4 NEO. Also, why did they go with white console? It matches none of my components or else I would have one right now to test my 65" EG9600 OLED.
iamitman is offline  
post #443 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,527
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitman View Post
I am not. I can't wait for PS4 NEO. Also, why did they go with white console? It matches none of my components or else I would have one right now to test my 65" EG9600 OLED.
I really like the white. It sleek and very clean looking. Plus I really like the matte over glossy finish.
Kingram and Gillietalls like this.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #444 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
I am finding I can use this thing for so much more. I keep up with college football and have youtube subs for daily practice video's, etc... and listen to uploaded radio stuff from Florida where folks talk about my team. This time of year I usually come home from work and fire up the laptop and let the stuff play with the browser.

I love the fact I can surf to ESPN radio with the browser and listen to the radio uploads, etc... Real nice to be able to de everything in one spot.

I guess this is kinda what its like to have a PC connected to your HT system.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #445 of 2573 Old 08-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Loxias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.j.martin View Post
So your saying without HDR I won't benefit from a UHD player over a standard 1080P movie with a normal 1080p player and a non-HDR 4K tv.

I'm kind of tired of Sony, similar situation happened to me a while back with another set, paid decent money for this tv to be obsolete now. There is no TV trading in place any knows of is there?
Of course ymmv but I find 4K content to be a huge leap over 1080p on my "budget" 4K TV. This may be due to it not being high end and handling 2k content subpar'ly, but when my wife makes a comment about the difference it's pretty noticeable.
Loxias is offline  
post #446 of 2573 Old 08-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Member
 
EverydayGetaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I am finding I can use this thing for so much more. I keep up with college football and have youtube subs for daily practice video's, etc... and listen to uploaded radio stuff from Florida where folks talk about my team. This time of year I usually come home from work and fire up the laptop and let the stuff play with the browser.

I love the fact I can surf to ESPN radio with the browser and listen to the radio uploads, etc... Real nice to be able to de everything in one spot.

I guess this is kinda what its like to have a PC connected to your HT system.
This is why I love the Xbox One, it really does work exceptionally well as a home theater system,especially with Kinect. I got so irritated that gamers acted like Kinect was the worst thing ever and it made the console %5 less graphically impressive than the PS4... who cares? As a PC gamer I find both consoles laughably bad compared to PC graphics anyway, I could never see the difference between a PC and Xbox One as far as graphics, but my Xbox was so much better at everything else.

It sounds like a gimmick to walk into your living room and simply say "Xbox On" and suddenly you're watching TV (it turns on the TV, Xbox, cable box and sound system for you), then just tell it what channel to watch or what service to open, or just say "Xbox bing ____" for whatever you're looking for and it shows you exactly where to find it and start watching it right there on the screen without having to fiddle with any remotes... awesome.

I seriously think all the nay-sayers of Kinect have simply parroted everyone else and killed it long before they tried it, which pisses me off because now Xbox has pretty much abandoned it
EverydayGetaway is offline  
post #447 of 2573 Old 08-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Member
 
yadmonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
This is why I love the Xbox One, it really does work exceptionally well as a home theater system,especially with Kinect. I got so irritated that gamers acted like Kinect was the worst thing ever and it made the console %5 less graphically impressive than the PS4... who cares? As a PC gamer I find both consoles laughably bad compared to PC graphics anyway, I could never see the difference between a PC and Xbox One as far as graphics, but my Xbox was so much better at everything else.

It sounds like a gimmick to walk into your living room and simply say "Xbox On" and suddenly you're watching TV (it turns on the TV, Xbox, cable box and sound system for you), then just tell it what channel to watch or what service to open, or just say "Xbox bing ____" for whatever you're looking for and it shows you exactly where to find it and start watching it right there on the screen without having to fiddle with any remotes... awesome.

I seriously think all the nay-sayers of Kinect have simply parroted everyone else and killed it long before they tried it, which pisses me off because now Xbox has pretty much abandoned it
I love the Xbox brand, but I completely understand why people were so adamantly against Kinect based on how it was implemented in this generation. First, there was not an option not to get it. It added $100 to the price (consoles exist to provide competent gaming hardware at a low price) and then never remotely proved its worth as a gaming accessory. Voice control was implemented poorly and its ability to understand commands is downright lame compared to the vast majority of other voice interfaces (Apple, Google, Amazon, etc). Yes, Corana added a lot there, but 3 years too late.

In the end, I would have liked Kinect to succeed, but the problem wasn't the consumer. It was a bold move to require it as part of this generation, but again you have to prove it's worth as a gaming accessory and they didn't, so it ended up being a d*** move.

I also get annoyed by the "laughably lame" graphics comments from PC master race guys who can't help but flout their superiority at every opportunity. For $300 it looks damn good. What kind of PC can you get for that money? But I'm wasting my virtual breath here, because you already made it clear that anyone who disagrees with you is obviously a parrot.

2016 LG 55" C6 OLED
yadmonkey is offline  
post #448 of 2573 Old 08-11-2016, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,135
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5931
Well, and when I look at the device from a whole, it was a great price for:

Disc/Mobile Playback
Netflix 4K
Amazon Playback
M$ Store with HD Movies and TV rentals/purchases
Youtube
Web surfing to sites like I mentioned to listen to podcast links on my HT

I am sure there is more to be added, or that I have not even used yet. All of this from one box too. I wish they did 24hz from Netflix and Amazon apps, and hopefully bitstream of lossless will be sooner than later. Overall though, it does a lot of things and the PQ is good.
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #449 of 2573 Old 08-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Member
 
EverydayGetaway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadmonkey View Post
I love the Xbox brand, but I completely understand why people were so adamantly against Kinect based on how it was implemented in this generation. First, there was not an option not to get it. It added $100 to the price (consoles exist to provide competent gaming hardware at a low price) and then never remotely proved its worth as a gaming accessory. Voice control was implemented poorly and its ability to understand commands is downright lame compared to the vast majority of other voice interfaces (Apple, Google, Amazon, etc). Yes, Corana added a lot there, but 3 years too late.

In the end, I would have liked Kinect to succeed, but the problem wasn't the consumer. It was a bold move to require it as part of this generation, but again you have to prove it's worth as a gaming accessory and they didn't, so it ended up being a d*** move.

I also get annoyed by the "laughably lame" graphics comments from PC master race guys who can't help but flout their superiority at every opportunity. For $300 it looks damn good. What kind of PC can you get for that money? But I'm wasting my virtual breath here, because you already made it clear that anyone who disagrees with you is obviously a parrot.
Lol, man, I must've hit a nerve, huh?

The voice commands are certainly not perfect on the Xbox One, but they work fine, they work 100% better than the PS4 out of the box I'd rather have to repeat myself a couple of times than go digging through the pile of remotes just to mute the TV or change a channel.

As for games, I think here it works great too. It's a matter of people not understanding the limitations of the hardware. I play Battlefield 4 with the Kinect all the time, it's awesome to fly a chopper around and actually be able to look around without changing where you're going. The issues arise if you have it set up in a place with too much clutter, you have to have an empty space in front of you for it to work right, most people have a coffee table in front of their couches.

It wasn't a "d*** move" considering they offered it minis Kinect within 6 months of launch. You don't want the Kinect, great, get it without.

As for the PC comments, I actually had my Xbox One before I got my PC, and when I bought the Xbox One it was $500, the PC I bought I pieced together for $350 and it ran circles around the Xbox. I'm not knocking the box, it's still an awesome deal, it's just not an awesome deal if all you're doing with it iconsolesl. My main comment was that the Ps4 and Xbox One are as near as makes no difference in gaming performance and if anyone claims otherwise they've got a knack for hyperbole.

PC's are arguably cheaper in the long run than any console anyway. Say you want better graphics on console, better be ready to dish out $500+ on the Scorpio next year (total investment up to $700+ at that point with consoles), want better graphics on PC, buy a $250 GPU and keep up with the latest consoles (Scorpio included based on reported specs).

Last edited by EverydayGetaway; 08-11-2016 at 11:06 AM.
EverydayGetaway is offline  
post #450 of 2573 Old 08-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Member
 
siciliano611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 126
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayGetaway View Post
Lol, man, I must've hit a nerve, huh?

The voice commands are certainly not perfect on the Xbox One, but they work fine, they work 100% better than the PS4 out of the box I'd rather have to repeat myself a couple of times than go digging through the pile of remotes just to mute the TV or change a channel.

As for games, I think here it works great too. It's a matter of people not understanding the limitations of the hardware. I play Battlefield 4 with the Kinect all the time, it's awesome to fly a chopper around and actually be able to look around without changing where you're going. The issues arise if you have it set up in a place with too much clutter, you have to have an empty space in front of you for it to work right, most people have a coffee table in front of their couches.

It wasn't a "d*** move" considering they offered it minis Kinect within 6 months of launch. You don't want the Kinect, great, get it without.

As for the PC comments, I actually had my Xbox One before I got my PC, and when I bought the Xbox One it was $500, the PC I bought I pieced together for $350 and it ran circles around the Xbox. I'm not knocking the box, it's still an awesome deal, it's just not an awesome deal if all you're doing with it iconsolesl. My main comment was that the Ps4 and Xbox One are as near as makes no difference in gaming performance and if anyone claims otherwise they've got a knack for hyperbole.

PC's are arguably cheaper in the long run than any console anyway. Say you want better graphics on console, better be ready to dish out $500+ on the Scorpio next year (total investment up to $700+ at that point with consoles), want better graphics on PC, buy a $250 GPU and keep up with the latest consoles (Scorpio included based on reported specs).
So is it confirmed that the Amazon app on this doesn't have HDR support right now? That sucks if so
siciliano611 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
blu-ray , epson 6040ub , upscaling 4k , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off