Xbox One S-UHD Blu-Ray Player Aug 2016 - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3686Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1771 of 2586 Old 03-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Member
 
Mustang66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Mt. Prospect, IL USA
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 59
The notes for this release on Major Nelson's website say that bitstreaming will go live late next week
aaronwt likes this.
Mustang66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1772 of 2586 Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by mab2 View Post
Someone on the KS8000 thread said I should use the 8 bit setting on the Xbox one s vs the 10 bit I selected since my tv is hdr10. He said if I play an hdr10 video it'll automatically kick in to 10 bit. Then some Mumbo jumbo. I don't get it all. I just want the best picture. Do you or anyone know what settings I should use in the Xbox one s? All I have is straight hookup with the 2.0 hdmi cables. No receiver and the ks8000 4ktv. Thanks!
According to ConnecTeddd:

12bit for SDR Blu-Ray
12bit for HDR UHD Movies (It will output 10bit)
12bit for HDR Games
8bit for SDR Games

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post50740945

But this is for an OLED, not sure if it applies on a Samsung...

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
post #1773 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
mttpalmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Xbox One will get Dolby Atmos & DTS:X bitstream support next week

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1490855349
ingramba likes this.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
mttpalmer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1774 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
There was an update today to the system and the bluray app but I didn't see any Atmos support added.
sync27 is offline  
post #1775 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 06:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,518
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5472 Post(s)
Liked: 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync27 View Post
There was an update today to the system and the bluray app but I didn't see any Atmos support added.
How hard did you look? Try one post above yours.
Mustang66 and mttpalmer like this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #1776 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 09:42 PM
Member
 
twennywonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Question What am I doing wrong

I have a Denon 4300H and a Xbox One S connected with HDMI. I switched the audio output in the Xbox to Bitstream but I am not getting DTS Master to show up on my Denon. The receiver says Dolby Digital? I made sure DTS master was selected in the setup portion of the movie. I tried both the 4K version of Lego movie and Joy but no luck.
twennywonn is offline  
post #1777 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
powertoburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA, USA
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
I have a Denon 4300H and a Xbox One S connected with HDMI. I switched the audio output in the Xbox to Bitstream but I am not getting DTS Master to show up on my Denon. The receiver says Dolby Digital? I made sure DTS master was selected in the setup portion of the movie. I tried both the 4K version of Lego movie and Joy but no luck.
In audio settings you set to either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed

Go to the Blu Ray setting in there will be an option to allow the receiver to decode audio
powertoburn is offline  
post #1778 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM
Member
 
twennywonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
In audio settings you set to either 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed

Go to the Blu Ray setting in there will be an option to allow the receiver to decode audio

On my Xbox I select Bitstream
On the Blu-Ray Title screen, I select DTS MA English.

Is that what you mean? If so its not working.
twennywonn is offline  
post #1779 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 10:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
powertoburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Monterey Park, CA, USA
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by twennywonn View Post
On my Xbox I select Bitstream
On the Blu-Ray Title screen, I select DTS MA English.

Is that what you mean? If so its not working.
Go to the settings on your Xbox there are settings for audio - the screen where you chose bitstream should be set to 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed and there is a separate setting for disc / blu ray
powertoburn is offline  
post #1780 of 2586 Old 03-30-2017, 11:04 PM
Member
 
twennywonn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertoburn View Post
Go to the settings on your Xbox there are settings for audio - the screen where you chose bitstream should be set to 5.1 or 7.1 uncompressed and there is a separate setting for disc / blu ray
Ok I switched it to 5.1 uncompressed and now my Denon says Multi Channel In.

Under the Disc and Blu-Ray setting I just have the options for Dynamic Range control and some language options.
twennywonn is offline  
post #1781 of 2586 Old 03-31-2017, 04:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
Chris Dotur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Greater Alaska
Posts: 613
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Yes, the Dolby Atmos and bitstreaming output update is out now. Includes other changes to XBox One S like dual controller control.
Chris Dotur is offline  
post #1782 of 2586 Old 03-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Member
 
grossag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Also not getting Atmos on the updated Xbox One S with a Denon AVR-X4200W. Am using bitstream out with a high-quality HDMI cable into my Denon's CBL/SAT input. I set Bitstream format to "Dolby Digital" in the Xbox settings. Tried two UHD Blu-Rays that have Atmos tracks: Peanuts Movie and Oblivion.
grossag is offline  
post #1783 of 2586 Old 03-31-2017, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wmarkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by grossag View Post
Also not getting Atmos on the updated Xbox One S with a Denon AVR-X4200W. Am using bitstream out with a high-quality HDMI cable into my Denon's CBL/SAT input. I set Bitstream format to "Dolby Digital" in the Xbox settings. Tried two UHD Blu-Rays that have Atmos tracks: Peanuts Movie and Oblivion.
go to the Blu Ray App under the main settings and you will see something titled: "Let my AVR do the processing"; toggle that on and then it should work. In the normal Xbox Audio/Video settings I leave mine as 5.1 PCM and when I play video games or use the one guide to watch OTA my denon reads MULTI CH IN. When I watch BR I get the DTS-MA and DD-TRHD or whatever.
wmarkw is offline  
post #1784 of 2586 Old 03-31-2017, 01:33 PM
Member
 
grossag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grossag View Post
Also not getting Atmos on the updated Xbox One S with a Denon AVR-X4200W. Am using bitstream out with a high-quality HDMI cable into my Denon's CBL/SAT input. I set Bitstream format to "Dolby Digital" in the Xbox settings. Tried two UHD Blu-Rays that have Atmos tracks: Peanuts Movie and Oblivion.
go to the Blu Ray App under the main settings and you will see something titled: "Let my AVR do the processing"; toggle that on and then it should work. In the normal Xbox Audio/Video settings I leave mine as 5.1 PCM and when I play video games or use the one guide to watch OTA my denon reads MULTI CH IN. When I watch BR I get the DTS-MA and DD-TRHD or whatever.
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not seeing that setting in either the Blu Ray app or the Settings app's Blu ray Settings section. FWIW I'm on build 10.0.15063.1005. I'm not in the insider program.
grossag is offline  
post #1785 of 2586 Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wmarkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by grossag View Post
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not seeing that setting in either the Blu Ray app or the Settings app's Blu ray Settings section. FWIW I'm on build 10.0.15063.1005. I'm not in the insider program.
ok yeah i think this update will be wide for everyone next week
wmarkw is offline  
post #1786 of 2586 Old 04-01-2017, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarkw View Post
ok yeah i think this update will be wide for everyone next week
Received here in Northern Ontario - over 500M!
Blu-ray update much smaller.

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)
p5browne is offline  
post #1787 of 2586 Old 04-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
How hard did you look? Try one post above yours.
Still no luck with getting Atmos on my XBox One S. Like other users, I don't see the "passthrough" option on my bluray app.
It seems that this update is something else and most likely I haven't gotten the final one yet.
sync27 is offline  
post #1788 of 2586 Old 04-01-2017, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,518
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5472 Post(s)
Liked: 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync27 View Post
Still no luck with getting Atmos on my XBox One S. Like other users, I don't see the "passthrough" option on my bluray app.
It seems that this update is something else and most likely I haven't gotten the final one yet.
Reading is FUNdamental:


Quote:
Originally Posted by mttpalmer View Post
Xbox One will get Dolby Atmos & DTS:X bitstream support next week

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1490855349
mttpalmer likes this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #1789 of 2586 Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 10,184
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4000 Post(s)
Liked: 3175
Lucy UHD looked fantastic.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them UHD, didn't fare well! Stuttering, weird blobs of mosaic, and off colors. Finally moved over to my UBD-K8500 where it played with no issues. Anyone else have issues with this 4K HDR Movie?

UN65KS9800 - Mine
UN65HU9000 + SEK-3500U / UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U in UJS9000 Mod Mode / UN40J5200AF / HiSense 40H5507 - Wife's
UN55NU8000 X 2 - my 2 kids families (or should I say adults?)

Last edited by p5browne; 04-01-2017 at 09:07 PM.
p5browne is offline  
post #1790 of 2586 Old 04-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
I have tested yes, but you need to have separate calibration for SDR and HDR.
Have you seen the new option on video settings on the xbox one s? Now it says it can output Ycc 422 ?? Is this possible? I thougt it was impossible because of the hardware!

Have you test it?

Thanks for all the great information you provide
jonnyme is offline  
post #1791 of 2586 Old 04-03-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 8,358
Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3237 Post(s)
Liked: 4023
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyme View Post
Have you seen the new option on video settings on the xbox one s? Now it says it can output Ycc 422 ?? Is this possible? I thougt it was impossible because of the hardware!

Have you test it?

Thanks for all the great information you provide
I will examine the signal are report back when I will have access to X-BOX One S again. (I don't own it)
aaronwt and jonnyme like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #1792 of 2586 Old 04-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Reading is FUNdamental:
It would have helped everyone to have your "snarky" tone that you used twice replaced with a clearer explanation. Contrary to the "next week" schedule mentioned in the article you so dearly refer to, a lot of users did get an update pushed, some did even get the upgrade (as mentioned few posts above mine). All I was saying is that mine did not have it and I did speculate that another patch could be coming that would have the Atmos update.
SerhC, africanlivedit and Alanlee like this.
sync27 is offline  
post #1793 of 2586 Old 04-03-2017, 03:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,518
Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5472 Post(s)
Liked: 4972
Quote:
Originally Posted by sync27 View Post
It would have helped everyone to have your "snarky" tone that you used twice replaced with a clearer explanation. Contrary to the "next week" schedule mentioned in the article you so dearly refer to, a lot of users did get an update pushed, some did even get the upgrade (as mentioned few posts above mine). All I was saying is that mine did not have it and I did speculate that another patch could be coming that would have the Atmos update.
I'm sorry, I only saw the several posts stating that they had received an update but still did not have the bitstreaming option.

Then rather than stating that you checked the post before yours you just stated you still didn't have the option.

Hey, when I overlook reading something right in front of my face I am able to laugh about it. No malice intended.

I think too many people thought they could just buy this console and have a cheap UHD player… not being prepared to deak with its complexities.

TBH, the Sony UBD-X800 is a much better UHD transport.
MrBullwyf likes this.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #1794 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
gt9450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
XBOX ONE S Plays Atmos, DTS X and Auro 3D

I just tested DTS X and AURO 3D demo disks. I can now confirm the XBOX ONE S plays all three formats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DTS X.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	2069569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Auro-3D.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2069577   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_20170405_121336_resized.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	2069585  
aaronwt likes this.
gt9450 is offline  
post #1795 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Member
 
enos316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt9450 View Post
I just tested DTS X and AURO 3D demo disks. I can now confirm the XBOX ONE S plays all three formats.
I have a Yamaha RX-A760 that can do Atmos and DTS:X, but I'm only getting Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA output. I do not have the extra speakers in place yet, is that why it's not engaging into Atmos?
enos316 is offline  
post #1796 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
gt9450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by enos316 View Post
I have a Yamaha RX-A760 that can do Atmos and DTS:X, but I'm only getting Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA output. I do not have the extra speakers in place yet, is that why it's not engaging into Atmos?
Yes.
gt9450 is offline  
post #1797 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Member
 
enos316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt9450 View Post
Yes.
Thanks much. I know whats next on my shopping list!
enos316 is offline  
post #1798 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Alanlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 792
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 439 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt9450 View Post
I just tested DTS X and AURO 3D demo disks. I can now confirm the XBOX ONE S plays all three formats.
Hey dude 11 bravo (grunt) here - Good to hear that the X-box will do DTX X and AURO 3D. My AVR will only do ATMOS through the X BOX. I will probably trade up this year, and you are walking point for me. Keep your head down.

7.4.6 system with Denon 8500, Additional Amps: Emotiva (front and center) and NAD (wide), classic Klipsch speakers.
Alanlee is offline  
post #1799 of 2586 Old 04-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
ILOVEMYHDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CLEVELAND, OH
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 53
STILLLL WAITING for the update. OH USA.

PS3+4---> CHiNGOBLiNG ; XB1X -->cata1= RUBEN...YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE THE PICTURE!!... "SHOE MAKER HOME THEATER".7/22/16....just a KLIPSCH NUT..>7/22/16...2new videos show..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWO0YtCWQxI.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIen05Wcg9w. u can even look from when I started about to present day.... i stutter sometimes....
ILOVEMYHDTV is offline  
post #1800 of 2586 Old 04-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
rfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Whitehall, PA.
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Got my update yesterday. Finally.

Randy J. Fisher, CTS-D
rfisher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
blu-ray , epson 6040ub , upscaling 4k , xbox one s

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off