Official "Help Me Choose an UHD Player" Thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18353Likes

post #2971 of 3020 Old 02-29-2020, 05:30 PM
exm
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
An update here... So within 1.5 years I owned:
- Oppo 203 (loved the player, just got concerned with long term support)
- Panasonic 824 (had 2 broken units (!), never got used to the cheap build quality)
- Sony X800M2 (stopped playing discs at random after 2 weeks. My wife said that my youngest put a broken (!) disc in the player so I assumed that might have broken something. Luckily I could return it within the 30 day window)
- So while looking to replace the X800M2, I started Googling the X1100ES. Low and behold, on Google Shopping there was one reseller listed significantly below regular MSRP and just a tad above the X800M2. Usually those are scammers, but Google Reviews, BBB and resellerratings.com all had positive reviews. Took the plunge, and received the unit today. Brand new, shipped from a trusted distributor (yes, Googled them also).

I like to have my front display back, and the additional warranty can't hurt. Very happy so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbon View Post
Which Sony is better?

Sony UBP-X700 or UBP-X800M2 4k Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player?

Better? They both do the job but the X800M2 is my choice mainly because of the build quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 3020 Old 03-03-2020, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
splitting 4k video and hirez audio issue

To update my post from last month, I purchased the $48US NEWCARE 4x2 HDMI Matrix Switch Splitter and it does not fully do what I need. Using a Firestick 4K stick as my video source, I cannot get any Audio signal out of the HDMI Output B to my AVR, while HDMI Output A feeds the TV a 4K video signal (same issue with output cables reversed). The split audio / video feeds works fine with a FIOS TV cable STB and also with my Kodi Odroid box streaming my 1080P blu-ray rips. I just cannot get the Firestick 4K device to work; I tried plugging it into the different inputs, no change. I bought new BlueJeans HDMI cables which then gave me the 4K picture stream without any problems. But, can't get the audio side to function using the Firestick. I never tried the optical out as I only want the hirez audio track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
@gln2 You can get a 4K switch with ARC capability, to feed audio to your amp. I recently purchased one of these:

smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZNKF7C8/
Quote:
Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
Is there a 4K disc player with 2 HDMI in ports still available in 2020?
I just read about the Cambridge CXUHD model and I think that would have solved my 4K and HD audio issues, however I'm too late to find that device.

Just purchased an LG C9 OLED. My AVR is a 2010 model Marantz SR8002 ($1,999 orig list) which of course cannot pass 4K video. Like to avoid buying a new AVR , as I am very happy with my AVR's audio quality playing Blu-ray discs or my MKV rips out to my 5.2 setup. And I want to avoid spending $2k USD now to upgrade AVR (ie Marantz 7013). Prefer to wait 2 yrs until 2.1 HDMI AVR units are avail at discount if I have to upgrade.
  • I would like to buy a 4K disc player now, as I love the better sq of discs vs streaming apps. We watch a lot of movies in our house.
  • Problem is I can get HD Audio sound into AVR with connected sources, but with no 4K picture fed to the OLED. Or, I can get 4K picture with TV apps but no HD Audio out the optical to the AVR.
  • Also, I have a Corelec sbc running Kodi streaming my mkv blu-ray rips, and as I purchase 4K discs, I would like to rip and stream those from my NAS.
Is there a 4K disc player available that could serve as a hub to feed both a FireStick and Kodi box HDMI audio into my AVR and separately 4K video out to TV?

LG 77OLED C9, Marantz SR8002 AVR, Sony Blu-ray player
Speakers: Front- Ascend RAAL Towers & Sierra-2 center, Surrounds- Paradigm in-walls, Subs- dual Rythmik L22's
post #2973 of 3020 Old 03-03-2020, 10:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by gln2 View Post
To update my post from last month, I purchased the $48US NEWCARE 4x2 HDMI Matrix Switch Splitter and it does not fully do what I need. Using a Firestick 4K stick as my video source, I cannot get any Audio signal out of the HDMI Output B to my AVR, while HDMI Output A feeds the TV a 4K video signal (same issue with output cables reversed). The split audio / video feeds works fine with a FIOS TV cable STB and also with my Kodi Odroid box streaming my 1080P blu-ray rips. I just cannot get the Firestick 4K device to work; I tried plugging it into the different inputs, no change. I bought new BlueJeans HDMI cables which then gave me the 4K picture stream without any problems. But, can't get the audio side to function using the Firestick. I never tried the optical out as I only want the hirez audio track.

IIRC, ARC is only supported on output A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2974 of 3020 Old 03-04-2020, 06:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
IIRC, ARC is only supported on output A.
I did not intend to use ARC, as my AVR does not support it. I wanted the HDMI splitter to send audio out to my AVR. For an unknown reason to me there is no audio going to the AVR from a Firestick 4K plugged into the splitter/switch's HDMI input.

LG 77OLED C9, Marantz SR8002 AVR, Sony Blu-ray player
Speakers: Front- Ascend RAAL Towers & Sierra-2 center, Surrounds- Paradigm in-walls, Subs- dual Rythmik L22's
post #2975 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
4k player still needed in 2020?

So I have about 150 Blu-ray’s and about 40 or so 4k titles I have always been a disc only guy I currently have a Panasonic ub820 and it is fantastic but lately with Dolby vision to me being the future and extraordinary picture it provides And Apple TV putting 90 percent or more of there movies in Dolby vision and for instance sonic the hedgehog movie out now in Apple TV in Dolby vision months before the actual disc release which is scheduled for 5/29 Makes me wonder if having the 4k player is needed anymore what are your guys thoughts ?
post #2976 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I don't stream films. I watch my spinning disks on a spinning disk player. I always will.

So, to answer your question, IHMO, yes there's still need for spinning disk players.

Segers
aaronwt likes this.

Sony XBR-85X900F, Oppo 203 UHD, Denon X6300H, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, PC DX12 sub, Def Tech A60 Atmos tops, the internet and a Nvidia Shield. There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #2977 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Hmmm, my available bandwidth is 10mb max., I have 3 kids. Yep, a UHD player is required if I want to watch 4K movies.

Plus it you really want the best sound experience spinning disks are the way to go.
aaronwt likes this.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #2978 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seggers View Post
I don't stream films. I watch my spinning disks on a spinning disk player. I always will.

So, to answer your question, IHMO, yes there's still need for spinning disk players.

Segers
Fair enough thanks for your response
post #2979 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarhead View Post
Hmmm, my available bandwidth is 10mb max., I have 3 kids. Yep, a UHD player is required if I want to watch 4K movies.

Plus it you really want the best sound experience spinning disks are the way to go.
I’m guessing the bandwidth on the disc is more than streaming for sound ? Or is atmos the same streaming or disc based I think for me I’ll just do both Continue to get discs because with discs you still get the digital copy unless it’s something I want to see now and not have to wait
post #2980 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM88 View Post
So I have about 150 Blu-ray’s and about 40 or so 4k titles I have always been a disc only guy I currently have a Panasonic ub820 and it is fantastic but lately with Dolby vision to me being the future and extraordinary picture it provides And Apple TV putting 90 percent or more of there movies in Dolby vision and for instance sonic the hedgehog movie out now in Apple TV in Dolby vision months before the actual disc release which is scheduled for 5/29 Makes me wonder if having the 4k player is needed anymore what are your guys thoughts ?
I'm an active streamer, have movies on my NAS and buy discs (4K, bluray and dvd even).

Enjoy all of those, pleased by the quality of streaming, it's very convenient but presents the movie well. If I want to kick back and devote an evening to a movie, the disk or my NAS is it.

I know what I have with streaming - it's not quite as good image and audio. If I want the best fidelity, it's not streaming. But often I just want to fire up a movie on Netflix or VUDU and just go. Disney+ has also turned into a good option, along with Amazon. Streaming is also good when you travel.

The minuses are not the best quality (still good though) and you don't own it. I've seen some of my movies turn from bluray to dvd resolution before. Basically, you don't own it even though you've paid money. But if you're ok with that, just enjoy it.

I'll do the discs for things I like, things I'm on the fence on, I'll rent or buy in streaming.

I've also found some movies that are available only on DVD physically that are available in bluray resolution on VUDU (ex: 13th warrior, Milagro Beanfield War), which are favorites, so that's a large improvement for me. The shows are also great on Netflix, Amazon and Disney+.

Instead of choosing a side, I prefer to just enjoy the bounty, especially during these times.
aaronwt and alexbarbel like this.
post #2981 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
Quote:
So I have about 150 Blu-ray’️s and about 40 or so 4k titles I have always been a disc only guy I currently have a Panasonic ub820 and it is fantastic but lately with Dolby vision to me being the future and extraordinary picture it provides And Apple TV putting 90 percent or more of there movies in Dolby vision and for instance sonic the hedgehog movie out now in Apple TV in Dolby vision months before the actual disc release which is scheduled for 5/29 Makes me wonder if having the 4k player is needed anymore what are your guys thoughts ?
I'm an active streamer, have movies on my NAS and buy discs (4K, bluray and dvd even).

Enjoy all of those, pleased by the quality of streaming, it's very convenient but presents the movie well. If I want to kick back and devote an evening to a movie, the disk or my NAS is it.

I know what I have with streaming - it's not quite as good image and audio. If I want the best fidelity, it's not streaming. But often I just want to fire up a movie on Netflix or VUDU and just go. Disney+ has also turned into a good option, along with Amazon. Streaming is also good when you travel.

The minuses are not the best quality (still good though) and you don't own it. I've seen some of my movies turn from bluray to dvd resolution before. Basically, you don't own it even though you've paid money. But if you're ok with that, just enjoy it.

I'll do the discs for things I like, things I'm on the fence on, I'll rent or buy in streaming.

I've also found some movies that are available only on DVD physically that are available in bluray resolution on VUDU (ex: 13th warrior, Milagro Beanfield War), which are favorites, so that's a large improvement for me. The shows are also great on Netflix, Amazon and Disney+.

Instead of choosing a side, I prefer to just enjoy the bounty, especially during these times.
What is your streaming device from nas
post #2982 of 3020 Old 03-31-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
So I have about 150 Blu-ray’️s and about 40 or so 4k titles I have always been a disc only guy I currently have a Panasonic ub820 and it is fantastic but lately with Dolby vision to me being the future and extraordinary picture it provides And Apple TV putting 90 percent or more of there movies in Dolby vision and for instance sonic the hedgehog movie out now in Apple TV in Dolby vision months before the actual disc release which is scheduled for 5/29 Makes me wonder if having the 4k player is needed anymore what are your guys thoughts ?

Same here but if a disk doesn’t offer Dolby vision or the digital copy isn’t iTunes with Dolby vision I’ll just buy it on iTunes and not the disc for instance Disney + offers all Star Wars in Dolby vision now and You can’t buy the discs that way or at least haven’t seen any recently that may have changed
hernanu likes this.
post #2983 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello everyone! I recently bought a new and bigger TV, a Samsung 8 series 75" TV. It has become part of my 5.1 home theater which consists of a Yamaha RX-A1020 AV receiver, 5 identical B&W DM603 S3 speakers, a B&W subwoofer and a cheap Samsung Blu-Ray player, which I'm looking to upgrade to a 4K player.

I'd like to get a GREAT one, but not any greater than it needs to be, or is so good that it is out of place with the rest of my components...if you know what I'm saying.

They seem to range from a very good Sony at $200, on up to the top of the line Panasonic at $1000, and quite a few good ones in between.

It looks like I need one that has 2 HDMI outs, one to go to the TV, the other to go to the AV receiver.

I'm willing to go up in price providing I am getting something noticeable for spending a bit more. I just need to know where it makes sense to stop at, if you know what I mean!

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by twochordcool; 04-01-2020 at 06:59 AM.
post #2984 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1105 Post(s)
Liked: 935
If all you want the player to do is spin 'movie' discs, then you don't have to spend a fortune.

The more expensive players usually offer improved audio capabilities and/or apps for media services, which your 'smart' TV probably already offers!

Like any other media playback device. It's very easy to get caught up spending lots of money on features you don't want or need...
aaronwt likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 04-01-2020 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #2985 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 227
as posted above, if you’re just looking to watch movies, basic UHD players would suffice for you i would imagine....stick with the inexpensive ones and go up from there depending on trinkets you want included.

xbox 1x is also an option albeit a tad more expensive, but if you dont do any gaming, it would be a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG 55C8, Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503, Panamax M5400, Microsoft Xbox One X, Nvidia Shield Pro
Definitive Technology: BP9060 Front left/right/CS9040 center/A90 front Atmos/ProMonitor 800 rear Atmos/Mirage: MX bookshelves rear left/right
Rythmik FVX15

Last edited by teachsac; 04-01-2020 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Price talk and retail link removed
post #2986 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by twochordcool View Post
Hello everyone! I recently bought a new and bigger TV, a Samsung 8 series 75" TV. It has become part of my 5.1 home theater which consists of a Yamaha RX-A1020 AV receiver, 5 identical B&W DM603 S3 speakers, a B&W subwoofer and a cheap Samsung Blu-Ray player, which I'm looking to upgrade to a 4K player.

I'd like to get a GREAT one, but not any greater than it needs to be, or is so good that it is out of place with the rest of my components...if you know what I'm saying.

They seem to range from a very good Sony at $200, on up to the top of the line Panasonic at $1000, and quite a few good ones in between.

It looks like I need one that has 2 HDMI outs, one to go to the TV, the other to go to the AV receiver.

I'm willing to go up in price providing I am getting something noticeable for spending a bit more. I just need to know where it makes sense to stop at, if you know what I mean!

Thanks.
I just picked up the Panasonic DP-UB820 and would think that it hits all of your needs. The playback of 4k HDR disks on my TV is breathtaking so far and 1080p blu ray up-scaling looks great too.

It has two outputs to allow you to connect the way you want to. And if you are connecting via HDMI it will give you basically the same video and audio quality that the higher end Panasonic UB9000 provides for around half the price.

Make sure you pick up a high speed HDMI cable (18Gps) for the connection between your player and your tv if you don't already have one.

TV: Samsung QN65Q90R | Receiver: Yamaha RXA-770
Blue Ray Player: OPPO 103D | 4K UHD Player: Panasonic DP-UB820 | Streaming: Roku Ultra
Speakers: BIC America Venturi - Front towers DV64, Center DV-62CLRS, Surrounds DV62si
Sub: SVS PB12-NSD

Last edited by KJ43; 04-01-2020 at 09:14 AM.
post #2987 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Liked: 2291
Quote:

Thanks.
I'd get the Sony X700, which is priced low and has good fast performance. Although you won't need Dolby Vision with your Samsung TV, it will still give you some future proofing in case you need it down the road. The Panasonic 420 is also a good option. Xboxes have a terrible interface for disc play that should be avoided IMO.
post #2988 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 11:33 AM

I'm actually torn between the Panasonic DP-UB820, the Sony UBP-X700 and the Sony UBP-X800M2. I only want to go up to the $500 Panasonic if I feel like I will be getting something noticeable for the extra $300 or extra $200 over the two Sony players...and IF it is a significantly better player than the other two I would splurge for it.
post #2989 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well I've been trying to pick up the Panasonic UB820 but it's never on sale on no where to be found. My second choice is the Sony X800M2 which is on sale now. What do you guys think, save 200 bucks and go for the Sony or wait for the Panny? PQ is pretty much the same I heard and I can live without the auto DV. This would be hooked up to my Sony A8F. Thanks!

Sony 65" A8F 4k OLED
Sony 4K XBR49X850B, Panasonic TC-P65VT50
Cambridge Audio Azur 640R & 740C
Paradigm Studio 60's, 20's, CC-590 & Seismic 12
Xbox One X Project Scorpio, Xbox One S LE GoW, PS4 w VR
post #2990 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I'm actually torn between the Panasonic DP-UB820, the Sony UBP-X700 and the Sony UBP-X800M2. I only want to go up to the $500 Panasonic if I feel like I will be getting something noticeable for the extra $300 or extra $200 over the two Sony players...and IF it is a significantly better player than the other two I would splurge for it.
I see we're in the same boat. We must of been posting at almost the same time, lol.

Sony 65" A8F 4k OLED
post #2991 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor* View Post
Well I've been trying to pick up the Panasonic UB820 but it's never on sale on no where to be found. My second choice is the Sony X800M2 which is on sale now. What do you guys think, save 200 bucks and go for the Sony or wait for the Panny? PQ is pretty much the same I heard and I can live without the auto DV. This would be hooked up to my Sony A8F. Thanks!

The x880m2 is an excellent choice to pair with your Sony, the only caveat is having to manually switch in and out of Dolby Vision.

Current system:
Sony 75X900e/Sony STR-DN-1080, CS-3/CS-8/CS5
Sony X800 4K blu-ray player/Dish Hopper3
Roku 4 Premier/Sony PS-4
post #2992 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
And my new Samsung TV doesn't support Dolby Vision, so does that make my choice of the above 3 any easier?
post #2993 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
And my new Samsung TV doesn't support Dolby Vision, so does that make my choice of the above 3 any easier?
Well if I was in your shoes I'd probably go for the X800M2 then. You don't have to worry about the manual DV switching and the 800 has the better build. If you're not worried about that then the X700.

Sony 65" A8F 4k OLED
post #2994 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1391 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin912 View Post
What is your streaming device from nas

I think you should use whatever suits you. I bought an OPPO 203 when it was just being taken off the market, so I use that for streaming (I have two other OPPOs as well).

If you're planning on playing NAS content, I'd decide on what you want to play, then select the device. I'm sure there are any number of good ones, disc player or not. I wanted to play lots of different audio discs, video discs and all sorts of digital files, so the OPPO does all of that for me.

The problem is that it is now not being sold by OPPO, just in support, and the price for used ones has skyrocketed.
post #2995 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
I think you should use whatever suits you. I bought an OPPO 203 when it was just being taken off the market, so I use that for streaming (I have two other OPPOs as well).

If you're planning on playing NAS content, I'd decide on what you want to play, then select the device. I'm sure there are any number of good ones, disc player or not. I wanted to play lots of different audio discs, video discs and all sorts of digital files, so the OPPO does all of that for me.

The problem is that it is now not being sold by OPPO, just in support, and the price for used ones has skyrocketed.
Agree, just in the hunt for the perfect device. We've been using fire sticks around the house for the past few years making use of streaming services and PSVue knowing it was limited to 720p. Moving into our new theater, I want to make sure we take advantage of our 5.1.2 and 125" screen. It seems the shield is the best but I'm also considering a 4k firestick paired with a UB420. Use the physical media for adult viewing sessions, stream the backups for the kids.. once they are old enough, either a streaming device that finally does all the things will be out.. or they'll be granted access to touching the physical media.

For sure a 5 or 3 year old can't be trusted at the moment to load media in/out of a new UHD Player haha
hernanu likes this.
post #2996 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
The Sony’s are plagued with issues why I didn’t get those players and I use to love Sony blu ray players if you want peace of mind and the best player for the money get the ub820 I can vouch for it and I went through a few lower priced players before true panny unfortunately there really isn’t any quality players that are cheap or affordable
post #2997 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
The Sony’s are plagued with issues why I didn’t get those players and I use to love Sony blu ray players if you want peace of mind and the best player for the money get the ub820 I can vouch for it and I went through a few lower priced players before true panny unfortunately there really isn’t any quality players that are cheap or affordable
What issues were they plagued with?

Both those units get many 4.5+ star reviews from consumers at Best Buy, and both units get 5 stars from What Hi-Fi? magazine, whose reviews I tend to trust.
post #2998 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The Sony’️s are plagued with issues why I didn’️t get those players and I use to love Sony blu ray players if you want peace of mind and the best player for the money get the ub820 I can vouch for it and I went through a few lower priced players before true panny unfortunately there really isn’️t any quality players that are cheap or affordable
What issues were they plagued with?

Both those units get many 4.5+ star reviews from consumers at Best Buy, and both units get 5 stars from What Hi-Fi? magazine, whose reviews I tend to trust.

The x800m2 must be a updated model but the x700 and x800 has multiple bad reviews or freezing restarting etc That’s what I based my response off . The Sony should be fine then the one you listed unless you ever get Dolby vision you have to manually enable it on the Sony where as the Panasonic its automatic
post #2999 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
I'd get the Sony X700, which is priced low and has good fast performance. Although you won't need Dolby Vision with your Samsung TV, it will still give you some future proofing in case you need it down the road. The Panasonic 420 is also a good option. Xboxes have a terrible interface for disc play that should be avoided IMO.
So, and no offense to the gentleman that suggested the Panasonic DP-UB820 (I like multiple opinions), you don't see me gaining much by spending $300 more for the Panasonic DP-UB820?
post #3000 of 3020 Old 04-01-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
The x800m2 must be a updated model but the x700 and x800 has multiple bad reviews or freezing restarting etc That’s what I based my response off . The Sony should be fine then the one you listed unless you ever get Dolby vision you have to manually enable it on the Sony where as the Panasonic its automatic
Thank you, if my TV holds up it will probably be with me for 7 or so years so I won't need to worry about Dolby Vision, and at that time there might be higher priorities as far as replacing certain pieces of my home theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4k player , blu ray , Blu Ray Players , dvd , hdcp upgrade compliance , hdr , hdr player , upscale 4k , upscaling , xbox one s

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page