As a former Oppo 203, Panasonic 820 and now current Sony X800M2 owner my 2 cents on the Sony vs the Panasonic.
- Auto Dolby Vision vs Manual on the Sony
- Front Display
- HDR Optimizer (mostly useful for projectors)
- Build quality (where the Panasonic feels kind of cheap, the Sony is built like a tank. Very Oppo-ish)
- Speed (feels faster than the Panasonic)
- Plays legacy CD formats like SACD, etc
I'm not using the native streaming apps (have a NVidia Shield Pro 2019 for that), so can't comment there. However, I'm very satisfied with the Sony player, especially considering the price. Right now I only have a handful of UHD discs that I don't even play that often so the Dolby Vision implementation doesn't affect me.