Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 1157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278959Likes

post #34681 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
To test out ATV4K Dolby Vision, I moved my ATV4K from my projector room and connected it to my Oppo 203 that was connected to a Denon x4200w to an LG B7A OLED.

First attempts at passing Dolby Vision through the Oppo HDMI input all failed. Routing the Oppo HDMI output through the Denon, or directly to the LG both failed. I would see the Dolby Vision logo light up on my LG, but only a black picture was displayed.

I finally connected the Oppo directly to my LG OLED and ran an HDMI cable from the Oppo audio out to my Denon. After restarting all devices; ATV4K, Oppo, and Denon, I was able to get Netflix Dolby Vision from the ATV through my Oppo and audio to my Denon.

It would appear to me that there must be something about the ATV4K audio that is sent with Dolby Vision content that causes the Oppo to fail to pass through the Dolby Vision picture plus audio out the Video HDMI output. It does seem to be able to pass Dolby Vision and audio separately via the Video and Audio HDMI outputs.

A couple of additional data points:

- There is no issue sending ATV4K audio with HDR10 content through my Oppo HDMI input to my Denon and LG.

- There is no issue sending Oppo UHD disc playback Dolby Vision plus audio through my Denon AVR to my LG.

I have no need for this setup and will return my ATV4K to my projector room where it sends HDR10.

I’m sending the ATV into the Oppo, and then then splitting the audio to my receiver (no 4K support) and the video to my LG C7. I just get the DV black screen and then the return to regular HDR. Oppo had me send them a log file, so I’ll see what they say soon, I guess.

Last edited by met_fan; 01-06-2019 at 08:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34682 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
I have seen tinges of magenta in a couple of scenes of Ant Man and The Wasp UHD (playing to a 1080P display), best shown in the picture attached. 21m26s

Can someone with UHD display confirm it is not in the source material?

I can’t understand how the HDR to SDR, or 2020 to 709, or the downscaling could cause this. Anyone else seen it on their 1080p display?

Else I may need to check a few more things in my chain...

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
@wl1 , I actually just watched this Friday night on my 203, and I remember that scene looking good in HDR; I will pop it back in and give that scene a more critical viewing...
No magenta tinge here, it looks like a convergence issue; here's a link to a screenshot comparison, where you roll over the image to see the comparison.

sorry, it's a bit of trouble for me to test on a 1080p display ATM; HTH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AMATW_21-26.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	2506770  
kokishin, wl1 and Musician like this.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4200W (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.2) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Roku P+
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | AppleTV4K | TiVo Mini
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #34683 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
No magenta tinge here, it looks like a convergence issue; here's a link to a screenshot comparison, where you roll over the image to see the comparison.

sorry, it's a bit of trouble for me to test on a 1080p display ATM; HTH
The screenshot comparison would also suggest that @wl1 has not disabled the 'overscan' option on his Sony VPLHW55ES projector (if it offers such an option)...
galonzo likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34684 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 2112
Quote:
Originally Posted by met_fan View Post
I’m sending the ATV into the Oppo, and then then splitting the audio to my receiver (no 4K support) and the video to my LG C7. I just get the DV black screen and then the return to regular HDR. Oppo had me send them a log file, so I’ll see what they say soon, I guess.
What got it working for me with the dual HDMI output setup was:

- Select HDMI In on the Oppo instead of HDMI In Bypass. ATV switched to HDR output and I got a picture on LG.
- Go into the ATV System menu and select restart.
- Immediately shut down the Oppo before the ATV has a chance to complete a restart.
- Turn on the Oppo, wait for it to complete startup, and select HDMI In Bypass.

The ATV then asked to test for Dolby Vision and this time I got a picture and was able to answer yes to set Dolby Vision on.

Until I performed the restart sequence, all I could get was a black screen on my LG with Dolby Vision logo displayed in top right corner.
galonzo and robo24 like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 01-06-2019 at 01:14 PM.
post #34685 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

- Select HDMI In on the Oppo instead of HDMI In Bypass. ATV switched to HDR output and I got a picture on LG.

- Immediately shut down the Oppo before the ATV has a chance to complete a restart.

The ATV then asked to test for Dolby Vision and this time I got a picture and was able to answer yes to set Dolby Vision on.

Until I performed the restart sequence, all I could get was a black screen on my LG with Dolby Vision logo displayed in top right corner.

I will try this, but if this is something I would have to do each time prior to using the Apple TV, that’s not gonna work.
robo24 likes this.
post #34686 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Got the following email from Oppo. Did this twice, and no file on my USB stick so that didn't even work for me!
Can you provide us with a log file to see why you are experiencing something different than what we are expecting?

To create a log file:
1. Format a small USB thumbdrive using FAT16 or FAT32. NTFS is not supported.
2. Connect the USB thumbdrive into the USB port.
3. Go into the Setup Menu of the player then press “7896” in quick succession. Press SETUP to exit the Setup Menu.
4. Try to replicate the issue with the player.
5. Repeat the “Setup”->”7896” sequence again to leave the log saving mode.
6. Unplug the USB thumbdrive and insert it into your computer. You should see a “log.txt” file stored on the USB thumbdrive. Reply to this email with the log file.
post #34687 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo24 View Post
Got the following email from Oppo. Did this twice, and no file on my USB stick so that didn't even work for me!

Can you provide us with a log file to see why you are experiencing something different than what we are expecting?

To create a log file:

1. Format a small USB thumbdrive using FAT16 or FAT32. NTFS is not supported.

2. Connect the USB thumbdrive into the USB port.

3. Go into the Setup Menu of the player then press “7896” in quick succession. Press SETUP to exit the Setup Menu.

4. Try to replicate the issue with the player.

5. Repeat the “Setup”->”7896” sequence again to leave the log saving mode.

6. Unplug the USB thumbdrive and insert it into your computer. You should see a “log.txt” file stored on the USB thumbdrive. Reply to this email with the log file.

I did that for them, too. The first usb drive I used had the same problem as yours. I tried a second drive and it worked. The first was FAT 32, the second FAT 16.
post #34688 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Unfortunately, this sequence did not change anything for me
post #34689 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3806 Post(s)
Liked: 3004
Quote:
Originally Posted by robo24 View Post
Doesn't matter how the stick is formatted, NTFS work fine. You do have to push the number keys pretty quickly, then you should get a popup message indicating that logging has started. Then exit setup and go about your business. When you go back to do it again you should get a popup stating that logging has stopped.
post #34690 of 36913 Old 01-06-2019, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by met_fan View Post
Unfortunately, this sequence did not change anything for me
OK, something new.

I didn't mention earlier that I have an HDfury Vertex device between my Oppo and my LG. I just now determined that with the Vertex in place, I can get ATV4K Dolby Vision pass through with a picture on my LG. If I remove the Vertex and connect the Oppo Video HDMI output directly to my LG, the ATV4K Dolby Vision test fails.

I tried a bunch of different cabling routes last night and when I got it working I wasn't sure at the time what I did to get it to work.

It could be an EDID related issue as one of the HDfury Vertex strengths is its EDID presentation and handshaking with source devices and display devices. A man-in-the-middle device that can get source devices to send a signal that the display can accept.

Update: Definitely seems to be an issue with ATV to Oppo to LG. I rerouted HDMI cables again using the single Oppo Main HDMI output.

ATV4K > Oppo HDMI IN > Oppo Main HDMI OUT > HDfury Vertex > Denon x4200w AVR > LG B7A OLED

Dolby Vision from the ATV4K is successful. The HDfury Vertex is getting the Oppo and/or the ATV4K to send a signal that both my Denon and LG can accept.
galonzo likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 01-06-2019 at 04:57 PM.
post #34691 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for your replay.

The INFO shows output is 4K, 24Hz. Of course I put the UHD disk and not the Blu ray.

Yes, one of the few test I did was playing with the Dolby Vision options.

The funny part is with the official firmware (prior the Beta version), everything worked perfect. HDR10 playing with HDR12 output; Dolby Vision playing with HDR12 output as well. Now Dolby Vision output with SDR.

Anyway, I wrote to OPPO technicians and explain the problem.

Thank you for your suggestions.
post #34692 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
As you don't have a Dolby Vision capable TV, what should happen is that when you play a DV disc it should revert to the HDR10 layer instead. If you have any Dolby Vision options enabled in the player, turn them off.

I believe that your scenario can also result from an incorrect HDMI / HDCP handshake, which forces the player output to drop to 1080P/60Hz. Can you check that your output is still 4K in this scenario? Hold down the info button on the 203 to get the extended menu, then go down the list to the output format.

Also, just check that you have actually put the UHD disc into the player and not the Blu-ray... You wouldn't be the first to do this!
Thanks for your replay.

The INFO shows output is 4K, 24Hz. Of course I put the UHD disk and not the Blu ray.

Yes, one of the few test I did was playing with the Dolby Vision options.

The funny part is with the official firmware (prior the Beta version), everything worked perfect. HDR10 playing with HDR12 output; Dolby Vision playing with HDR12 output as well. Now Dolby Vision output with SDR.

Anyway, I wrote to OPPO technicians and explain the problem.

Thank you for your suggestions.
post #34693 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
As you don't have a Dolby Vision capable TV, what should happen is that when you play a DV disc it should revert to the HDR10 layer instead. If you have any Dolby Vision options enabled in the player, turn them off.

I believe that your scenario can also result from an incorrect HDMI / HDCP handshake, which forces the player output to drop to 1080P/60Hz. Can you check that your output is still 4K in this scenario? Hold down the info button on the 203 to get the extended menu, then go down the list to the output format.

Also, just check that you have actually put the UHD disc into the player and not the Blu-ray... You wouldn't be the first to do this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyCyberguy View Post
Something about the Dolby Vision Engine seems pretty messed up with the latest beta.
While most people report no issues, some do indeed experience problems starting from issues like yours, going forward with flashing/green/pixelated video output, up to (like myself) no video on some SDR displays (and superimposes like "This content can not be displayed because your TV does not support HDCP 2.2").
Everything was fine with the last firmware.
I already reported to Oppo CS, so let's hope they'll fix it soon.

Greets
SkyCyberguy
Thank you for your replay SkyCyberguy.

I reported to OPPO as well.
If people start to report the problems, hopefully the next firmware comes with all those problems fixed.
post #34694 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Is there a color mode or adjustment I can use to make the picture a little brighter on my screen while showing a 4K Blu-ray.
I have the following equipment:
Sony 5000ES projector...laser very high, Contrast very high, brightness a tad above middle.
Oppo 203 latest beta firmware, Certified HDMI cables.
Settings at Auto.
Presently info on Oppo shows 444 12 bit.
Std Blu Ray is perfect picture.
post #34695 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by pevco View Post
Is there a color mode or adjustment I can use to make the picture a little brighter on my screen while showing a 4K Blu-ray.
I have the following equipment:
Sony 5000ES projector...laser very high, Contrast very high, brightness a tad above middle.
Oppo 203 latest beta firmware, Certified HDMI cables.
Settings at Auto.
Presently info on Oppo shows 444 12 bit.
Std Blu Ray is perfect picture.
You could play with the Picture Adjustment settings but it's a global adjustment so it will affect playback of anything. There are four separate banks though, so you could leave one bank as standard and have another one set up for UHD.

Manual, page 53: http://download.oppodigital.com/UDP2...GLISH_V1.0.pdf
galonzo likes this.

Panasonic TX-55EZ952B OLED / Oppo UDP-203 / Onkyo TX-NR555 / B&W 600 Series + Elac A4 Atmos
post #34696 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Another OPPO 203 in Australia.
The player is awesome but there is a few things I've discovered that I'd like to discuss and maybe problem solve.

The OPPO is being used with an older 1080 projector (formerly a BenQ W6000 and now a JVC X3). This was not a problem until the FW update that added Dolby Vision.

Notice the green strip on the left of the 2nd SONY Tri-Star image. This happened after the FW shown in my image.

Anyone else using a 1080p projector get this?

The solution is to turn on the Dolby Vision.
This creates a few good things and some not so good things.

On the positive side, prior to DV, I had to have 3 calibrated settings. Now it seems that it levels the playing field and I seem to get away with just one.

Unfortunately, the 21:9 support is disabled as is the user controls and 24fps is gone. The output seems to be 1080/60p.

I seem to have set the slide to 1000nits (not sure why I did this) but it does not seem to affect DV, just HDR-10.

I have been told that the player only outputs rec709. When I tested out a BenQ W1700, I got pretty much P3 colour and it was over 100nits and HDR worked fine.

On the BenQ W6000, I only got Rec709, but I did get blacks all the way to 0 using both DV and HDR converters.
The JVC seems to extend the red and blue to P3 but green is closer to 709.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Mark Techer

I love my Constant Image Height system!
post #34697 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 04:43 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hi,

Haven't posted here in quite a while... So sorry if something like this has already been posted. I installed the latest beta a week ago, because I had a freezing issue with my Blade Runner 2049 disc, which looks in perfect condition, btw. I thought it might have been something related to the player, then. As it turns out, it still does the same thing, so as surprising as it seems (to me, at least), it may be the disc.

However, I watched The Martian a few days ago and I noticed something that I am not sure of. Every time the timeline is displayed -- i.e. Sol 18, Sol 159, etc. -- it looks like it's interlaced, or "combed". I'm not sure how to describe it, but it looks like something meant for HD, but shown on an old CRT TV. Now, my memory could be faulty -- I hope so! -- but I don't remember it looking like that. Rather the opposite. Pretty sharp. I took pictures but since I have a crappy camera, the phenomenon doesn't show on those. On another note, I unfortunately cannot confirm or deny any Dolby Vision issue, since I own a Panasonic EZ950 OLED (no DV support).

Can someone who hasn't installed the beta firmware yet, confirm if it's always been like that, or if it's a bug from the beta? Thanks!

Panasonic EZ950 ; Marantz SR5012 (5.1.2) ; Marantz MM7025 ; Oppo UDP-203 ; AppleTV 4K ; NAD C542 ; Monitor Audio Bronze 6 ; Mission M70 ; Paradigm Defiance V12
post #34698 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofster View Post
All firmware is not additive, meaning you can load any version you want at any time. So best way for you to keep the same test case is to load the previous firmware.
Sorry, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. At least not according to point #2 in the Special Notice, here :

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...-64-1221B.aspx
Greg TB likes this.
post #34699 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Also noticed that using ATV4k through the Oppo, even if I just use HDMI in (without bypass) to get HDR 10, It doesn't play through my AVR properly. I have a dual cable setup since my AVR doesn't do DolbyVision. I'd think the ATV would use the Oppo's audio out to the AVR and play normally when I have my AVR set to Blu Ray player. The only way I can get sound is by setting the AVR to TV using the ARC. I can already do DolbyVision via ARC by bypassing the Oppo entirely. I'd never tried it before this beta, so I don't know if that's normal or not. The reason I want to use the Oppo is to get better sound than ARC can deliver.
post #34700 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I apologize if this specific question has been raised...

Can I run an AppleTV 4K thru receiver first to extract PCM Atmos then thru the Oppo 203 for HDR gamma mapping while preserving BT2020 before going out to my projector (an Epson LS10000)?
I know the Oppo won’t accept PCM Atmos so I thought this could be a possible work around to get Atmos + SDR + BT2020
post #34701 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 11:15 AM

Is there a way to revert, if we want to? According to the doc, we cannot, but I'm not that faimiliar with the Oppo way, yet .

Panasonic EZ950 ; Marantz SR5012 (5.1.2) ; Marantz MM7025 ; Oppo UDP-203 ; AppleTV 4K ; NAD C542 ; Monitor Audio Bronze 6 ; Mission M70 ; Paradigm Defiance V12
post #34702 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccondo1 View Post
I apologize if this specific question has been raised...

Can I run an AppleTV 4K thru receiver first to extract PCM Atmos then thru the Oppo 203 for HDR gamma mapping while preserving BT2020 before going out to my projector (an Epson LS10000)?

I know the Oppo won’t accept PCM Atmos so I thought this could be a possible work around to get Atmos + SDR + BT2020

I believe others have done this successfully. Use ATV out to one input on AVR an ensure that is selected. Then video out from AVR to OPPO input. Then HDMI out from OPPO to projector. You can also use the second HDMI out on the Oppo for AUDIO only and input to another input source in Avr in case you watch a Blu-ray Disc from OPPO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #34703 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSelf View Post
Is there a way to revert, if we want to? According to the doc, we cannot, but I'm not that faimiliar with the Oppo way, yet .

As with the OPPO document and about 75 posts randomly throughout this huge thread you CANNOT revert to an official firmware after loading a public beta. It’s been said many many times already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #34704 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswire View Post
As with the OPPO document and about 75 posts randomly throughout this huge thread you CANNOT revert to an official firmware after loading a public beta. It’s been said many many times already.
That's what I thought, but I wanted to validate, since an earlier reply suggested otherwise. Thanks.
post #34705 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having a question to subtitles when playing movies from my network. I have mvk with both srt external subs and srt or pgs ind the mvk.
The problem is that I don't think the subs look sharp. They are a little blurry around the letters. Also they a big. Have made them a small in settings as possible.

If I use HDMI in on the oppo and play the same movies using zappiti the subs look very sharp and no blurry at all. Also the subs have a much nicer size.

But would really like the play the movies from my network only from the oppo.

Any solutions?
post #34706 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 12:10 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4582 Post(s)
Liked: 4418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus.S View Post
I am having a question to subtitles when playing movies from my network. I have mvk with both srt external subs and srt or pgs ind the mvk.
The problem is that I don't think the subs look sharp. They are a little blurry around the letters. Also they a big. Have made them a small in settings as possible.

If I use HDMI in on the oppo and play the same movies using zappiti the subs look very sharp and no blurry at all. Also the subs have a much nicer size.

But would really like the play the movies from my network only from the oppo.

Any solutions?
All types of subtitles look blurry? PGS and SRT? And it is the same of the SRT subtitles are embedded in the MKV vs being external?

Try the same files on a usb stick connected to the player. Do they look the same?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #34707 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 12:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just tried the FireTV 4K. This seems to be almost the same interface as the SHIELD (Android based OS). Not even close to the clean AppleTV interface. Seems it's not 4K so everything is almost blurry. It's also optionally not in Dolby Vision but switches over once you play content such as Netflix movies that have it.

Regarding the DV bypass option, it does the same thing as the ATV once it is selected. Just shows a black screen. The audio does start coming through.

So we can rule out Apple shenanigans
post #34708 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofster View Post
Just tried the FireTV 4K. This seems to be almost the same interface as the SHIELD (Android based OS). Not even close to the clean AppleTV interface. Seems it's not 4K so everything is almost blurry. It's also optionally not in Dolby Vision but switches over once you play content such as Netflix movies that have it.

Regarding the DV bypass option, it does the same thing as the ATV once it is selected. Just shows a black screen. The audio does start coming through.

So we can rule out Apple shenanigans

What TV do you have? An LG? Seems like several who report this have an LG.
galonzo likes this.

CJ
post #34709 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread

Quote:
What TV do you have? An LG? Seems like several who report this have an LG.

My latest update is Oppo wrote back to me after getting my log file on Friday. They said their engineers had come up with a new beta and asked me to try it. I downloaded and plugged it into my 203 and it was the same as the public beta?! Hopefully they sent me the wrong link, because we’ve been going back and forth with emails and every single one mentions how I’m already on the beta. And my tv is also an LG.

Edit: They told me the player would think it’s the same, but it’s actually slightly different.

Last edited by met_fan; 01-07-2019 at 03:38 PM.
post #34710 of 36913 Old 01-07-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 949 Post(s)
Liked: 1114
It's possible that it was a special beta download link just for you and the firmware version was not incremented so it just looks like the same version...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page