Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 1195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278825Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #35821 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
Sorry, still confused...why do they need to be mounted/decrypted? I got the impression from the OP that he has already decrypted ISOs that he merely wants to change into BDMV folder structures.

I rip everything I own to ISO, which are decrypted ISOs (thanks to AnyDVD). If I then want to get a BDMV folder structure, I simply extract the contents of the ISO...no further mounting/decrypting needed.
I saw that they converted the discs to disc images but I didn't see confirmation that they were decrypted.

For their purposes, with the Oppo, since they want full menus the ideal method is to do a full backup via MakeMKV straight from the disc skipping the unnecessary step of ISO conversion.
galonzo likes this.
mutelight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35822 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 06:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fatherom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston area, MA
Posts: 1,480
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
I saw that they converted the discs to disc images but I didn't see confirmation that they were decrypted.

For their purposes, with the Oppo, since they want full menus the ideal method is to do a full backup via MakeMKV straight from the disc skipping the unnecessary step of ISO conversion.
I think it's a safe presumption (maybe I'm wrong) that if someone is ripping their collection to ISO and storing those ISOs on a NAS, then most likely those ISOs are decrypted. It sounds like he already has a bunch of ISOs, so the ISO ripping has already been done. If those ISOs are in fact decrypted, then MakeMKV isn't even part of the equation at this point if all he wants is those ISOs converted to BDMV folder structures.


Theater 1: LG OLED55E6P 4K TV, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, Dune HD Solo 4K
Theater 2: Sony VPL-VW885ES, Elite Sable 16:9 100", Lumagen 4242, Oppo 103D (CFW) / 203, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
fatherom is offline  
post #35823 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
I think it's a safe presumption (maybe I'm wrong) that if someone is ripping their collection to ISO and storing those ISOs on a NAS, then most likely those ISOs are decrypted. It sounds like he already has a bunch of ISOs, so the ISO ripping has already been done. If those ISOs are in fact decrypted, then MakeMKV isn't even part of the equation at this point if all he wants is those ISOs converted to BDMV folder structures.
Even if your assumption is correct, it is an added step to decrypt/convert to ISO to then copy the files out of the ISO to folders taking up 2x the disk space on the NAS to have an ISO archived as well as the expanded BDMV.

Disc in drive using "Backup" in MakeMKV to final output is far more straight forward and I am now approaching my 102nd backed up disc using that method and it works flawlessly on the Oppo.

*EDIT* to be clear, I mean the method going forward.
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.
mutelight is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35824 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
fatherom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Boston area, MA
Posts: 1,480
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Even if your assumption is correct, it is an added step to decrypt/convert to ISO to then copy the files out of the ISO to folders taking up 2x the disk space on the NAS to have an ISO archived as well as the expanded BDMV.

Disc in drive using "Backup" in MakeMKV to final output is far more straight forward and I am now approaching my 102nd backed up disc using that method and it works flawlessly on the Oppo.
I'm only talking about the ISOs he already has ripped. If he already has *decrypted* ISOs, all you have to do is extract the files, then delete the ISO. Easy.

Ah, I see your "going forward" comment. Agreed, if all he ever wants is BDMV folders going forward.


Theater 1: LG OLED55E6P 4K TV, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K, Dune HD Solo 4K
Theater 2: Sony VPL-VW885ES, Elite Sable 16:9 100", Lumagen 4242, Oppo 103D (CFW) / 203, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
fatherom is offline  
post #35825 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mutelight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,184
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2456
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
I'm only talking about the ISOs he already has ripped. If he already has *decrypted* ISOs, all you have to do is extract the files, then delete the ISO. Easy.

Ah, I see you "going forward" comment. Agreed, if all he ever wants is BDMV folders going forward.
Yeah and then I am saying, if they aren't decrypted, if they are running Windows 10, they can double-click the ISO for it to mount in the OS and run MakeMKV to backup the disc from there.

Just giving them options and trying to optimize their workflow.
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.
mutelight is offline  
post #35826 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ScottAvery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharok View Post

I'll tell you how, but you need to be patient with me:


Oppo cannot play MKV 3D (MVC format). You need to download a free software called "txmuxe" and convert your ripped MKV 3D to "M2TS Muxing" format.



Drag and drop your ripped 3D mkv file in the "input files" section of the converter (as shown in the picture).
(VERY IMPORTANT) When you do that, under "tracks" (again as shown in the picture), uncheck "H.264" and "MVC".
Move "H.264" up and make sure it is one row higher than "MVC".
Check mark the squares again (as shown in the picture).



Under "output" choose "M2TS Muxing" (again as shown in the picture", choose your output directory and click on "Start muxing".


Now, you can play your 3D file either directly through Oppo (USB HDD connected) or through Plex/Oppo.


I hope this helps.


Let me know if you have any other questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
I can play back 3D rips over SMB network, with full lossless audio too, direct to the 203. I got the details from this thread, and a few links.

The trick is to use M2TS, as MKV does not work. Instructions are:-

1. rip to 3D ensuring you have ticked the MVC file in the video section of MakeMKV.
2. Ensure you tick a lossy AND lossless audio track

Then use TSMuxer to re-order the files to ensure
1. MVC is below HEVC
2. Lossless is below the Lossy (makes lossy default - so you need to remember to manually select Lossless version manually when playing back)

Then

3. Output as M2TS

The file should playback over NFS, SMB over Network, or directly from USB etc.

The really interesting trick is getting Atmos tracks into the 3D rips.....

This involves ripping to MKV both the “3D” BR, and “2D with Atmos BR”. Extracting the Atmos track, and merging it with the 3D video. I have a text file set of instructions - just not to hand, and I guess it’s off topic here. But worth it.
Want to thank you both for the input, and then ask if there is any further explanation for this point:


Then use TSMuxer to re-order the files to ensure
...
2. Lossless is below the Lossy (makes lossy default - so you need to remember to manually select Lossless version manually when playing back)

Not sure how you do that with True HD / Atmos
ScottAvery is offline  
post #35827 of 36749 Old 04-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
sharok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 916
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 116
[QUOTE=ScottAvery;57840698]Want to thank you both for the input, and then ask if there is any further explanation for this point:


Hi Scott,


Just to give you an update on my 3D setup:


I purchased a Zidoo X9S media player.
I use it for 1080p (BD and 3D) and 720p (DVD) only (No 4K).


It is EXCELLENT with no flaws for those kind of movie files.
I play MVC (3D) and there is o need for me to convert them to M2TS.

The player offers a very nice poster wall with the picture and description of all my movies.
I'm going to pack my Oppo-103 and put it aside for the furute use or to rip SACD with it.
I found what I was looking for to replace my Oppo with. I was not able to find a trouble free media player before until I came across this one.


Now I can buy a Panasonic 4K player just for Dolby Vision and HDR 10 Since those movies are expensive and I cannot rent them. Also I cannot rip Dolby Vision movies.


Check that player out. But if you ever decided to buy one, buy it from Amazon.

Audio: 5.1 Martin Logan Summit X (Front), ML Stage (Center), ML Script i (Surround), Paradigm Seismic 110 (Subwoofer), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Anthem P5 (Amplifier)
Video: LG OLED65E6, Oppo-103, Zidoo X9S (Media Player), Darbee, (Video Processor)
sharok is offline  
post #35828 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 14,009
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1239 Post(s)
Liked: 2051
We are receiving multiple complaints. Please move the disc ripping discussion to one of the ripping threads in the networking section.
gsr, dianebrat, oldsteve and 11 others like this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #35829 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 55
For those that are using the HDMI input, what kind of devices are you inputting and what resolution is the device? I've been playing around with my shield TV, n950 soundbar, and fury vertex. I do not like the shield's upscaling so I've set the device to 1080p. When I do this and have the oppo scale to UHD bad lip sync is introduced. When I have the shield at 4k resolution the bad sync goes away. I confirmed that having the vertex in between the shield and oppo and leaving it to do the upscaling also left the audio in sync. Are others seeing this kind of behavior? I would guess many like to use the input to take advantage of the 203's very good scaling, so I'm sort of confused by this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

LG OLED E8
Oppo UDP-203
Samsung HW-N950
sovereignstar is online now  
post #35830 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,639
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1194 Post(s)
Liked: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
For those that are using the HDMI input, what kind of devices are you inputting and what resolution is the device? I've been playing around with my shield TV, n950 soundbar, and fury vertex. I do not like the shield's upscaling so I've set the device to 1080p. When I do this and have the oppo scale to UHD bad lip sync is introduced. When I have the shield at 4k resolution the bad sync goes away. I confirmed that having the vertex in between the shield and oppo and leaving it to do the upscaling also left the audio in sync. Are others seeing this kind of behavior? I would guess many like to use the input to take advantage of the 203's very good scaling, so I'm sort of confused by this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I'm using it to handle the output from a Roku Ultra. It will handle regular broadcasts and 4K , UHD from Netflix and Vudu (my only tests) from the Ultra.

I've seen lip sync issues periodically (every two months or so) and restarting everything clears that up. Or sometimes just changing the input on the Oppo from HDMI IN to the disk player, then back to HDMI IN clears it up. It's not often enough to be an issue.

I am connected directly to a Vizio PQ65 and on the HDMI audio output to an older Pioneer Elite VSX-33 receiver (non UHD), so I do see some complaints about HDHC from the receiver, which may explain any issues. I'll eventually upgrade the receiver.
galonzo likes this.
hernanu is offline  
post #35831 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
The Oppo is a better choice if you want to backup all your discs and retain full menus, DV, and lossless audio during playback as well.

how do you retain full menus on a backup, do you use makemkv?
Dr Steve is offline  
post #35832 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,316
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post
how do you retain full menus on a backup, do you use makemkv?
Please refer to the following Moderators comment: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post57841694
dianebrat and galonzo like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
post #35833 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
peterlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 59
disc playback with external subtitles

Even though I have been an Oppo 203 owner since launch, I only just discovered its ability to play a disc with external subtitles stored on an USB stick. This is a tremendously useful feature to me because it will allow my parents, who aren't fluent English speakers, to watch movies that don't comes with Korean subtitles on the disc. Just this past weekend they watched Green Book, which they liked a lot, but is a movie that would have been too challenging to follow without subtitles. Support for disc playback with external subtitles seems to be a rare thing, maybe even unique to Oppo's players. Many players seem to play external subtitles with movies rips but the convenience of popping a disc into the player and inserting a USB stick with the subtitles is great.
gymnos likes this.
peterlee is offline  
post #35834 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
calentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Corona, CA 92879-1055
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Please refer to the following Moderators comment: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post57841694
I guess people might as well, as this thread is mostly dead anyway.

--Carl
calentz is offline  
post #35835 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Please refer to the following Moderators comment: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post57841694

Thank you!
Dr Steve is offline  
post #35836 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 03:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 407
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Please refer to the following Moderators comment: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post57841694

Sorry, this link points me back right here for some reason? Is there another link? Thank you
Dr Steve is offline  
post #35837 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 03:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kokishin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
Even though I have been an Oppo 203 owner since launch, I only just discovered its ability to play a disc with external subtitles stored on an USB stick. This is a tremendously useful feature to me because it will allow my parents, who aren't fluent English speakers, to watch movies that don't comes with Korean subtitles on the disc. Just this past weekend they watched Green Book, which they liked a lot, but is a movie that would have been too challenging to follow without subtitles. Support for disc playback with external subtitles seems to be a rare thing, maybe even unique to Oppo's players. Many players seem to play external subtitles with movies rips but the convenience of popping a disc into the player and inserting a USB stick with the subtitles is great.
That's very cool and useful. Mrs K is Japanese and it would be great to provide Japanese subtitles to help her enjoy the movie more.

Please elaborate on how you implemented this such as where you got the external subtitles and synch'd them to the disc.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman

Last edited by kokishin; 04-02-2019 at 03:57 PM.
kokishin is offline  
post #35838 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 03:35 PM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 24,352
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4539 Post(s)
Liked: 4368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post
Sorry, this link points me back right here for some reason? Is there another link? Thank you
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...u-rays-ii.html

-Bill
Matt2026 likes this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
wmcclain is online now  
post #35839 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
peterlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post
That's very cool and useful. Mrs K is Japanese and it would be great to provide Japanese subtitles to help her enjoy the movie more.

Please elaborate on how you implemented this such as where you got the external subtitles and synch'd them to the disc.
I followed the instructions in the FAQ created by fellow board member wmcclaim:

Can external subtitles be added to disc playback?

The player will sync the external subtitles with the video automatically. The only thing I had to figure out is that many of the subtitles I found were in the smi file format, which seems to be a common thing for Korean subtitles. This is a problem because the subtitles on the USB stick need to be in the srt format but there are free and simple online sites and tools that will convert from smi into the srt format. I'm not sure if you'd run into the same issue with Japanese subtitles - you may find they are typically available in the srt format already, making the need to convert unnecessary.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the subtitle sites but a simple google search for movie subtitles sites will lead you straight to them. If you have trouble finding them, I can send a PM with some sites.

Last edited by peterlee; 04-02-2019 at 06:13 PM.
peterlee is offline  
post #35840 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kokishin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,059
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
I followed the instructions in the FAQ created by fellow board member wmcclaim:

Can external subtitles be added to disc playback?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the sites but a simple google search for movie subtitles sites will lead you straight to them.
I googled and I found Japanese machine translated subtitles for Green Book. A great movie btw. Not sure how accurate these would be. A computer can certainly generate lost in translation translations. Are your Korean subtitles machine generated, and if so are they understandable enough for your parents?

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
kokishin is offline  
post #35841 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
peterlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 744
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post
I googled and I found Japanese machine translated subtitles for Green Book. A great movie btw. Not sure how accurate these would be. A computer can certainly generate lost in translation translations. Are your Korean subtitles machine generated, and if so are they understandable enough for your parents?
The Korean Green Book subtitles I used were the official version from the disc released in Korea. Availability does vary from title to title, sometimes it seems only user-generated subtitles are available. For a prominent movie like Green Book, I would think the subtitles from the official Japanese release would be available.

Last edited by peterlee; 04-02-2019 at 06:17 PM.
peterlee is offline  
post #35842 of 36749 Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
CatBus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
The Korean Green Book subtitles I used were the official version from the disc released in Korea. Availability does vary from title to title, sometimes it seems only user-generated subtitles are available. For a prominent movie like Green Book, I would think the subtitles from the official Japanese release would be available.

Disc subtitles are almost always in graphical format, so converting them to a text format involves ripping, OCR, and often some manual correction by some adventurous user. Because of this, availability of text subtitles for films is hit and miss. Streaming services offer subtitles in text format though.


That said, it's usually possible to simply use the graphical subtitles without conversion, but nobody distributes them that way because the files are so much bigger and you can't adjust size/font/etc.
galonzo likes this.
CatBus is offline  
post #35843 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 100
just got a new firmware update..anyone know what it does?
gene9p is offline  
post #35844 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 11:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SeeMoreDigital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Nott'm, UK
Posts: 3,316
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 966 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
just got a new firmware update..anyone know what it does?
Here's a good place to start: https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...-Firmware.aspx
galonzo and slimDub13 like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
SeeMoreDigital is offline  
post #35845 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 100
interesting..I thought I had that one loaded already. I wonder why it just popped up on the screen today?
gene9p is offline  
post #35846 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
calentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Corona, CA 92879-1055
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I just checked on Oppo's web site: Latest Official Release Version
Release date: February 8, 2019

--Carl
calentz is offline  
post #35847 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 06:40 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mike_WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Udp20x-60-0625

Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
just got a new firmware update..anyone know what it does?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
interesting..I thought I had that one loaded already. I wonder why it just popped up on the screen today?
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
I just checked on Oppo's web site: Latest Official Release Version
Release date: February 8, 2019
Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20X-60-0625, the major changes included in this version are:

Added the "HDMI IN BYPASS" mode for Dolby Vision passthrough via HDMI In.
General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.
galonzo likes this.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
Mike_WI is online now  
post #35848 of 36749 Old 04-03-2019, 08:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
calentz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Corona, CA 92879-1055
Posts: 995
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene9p View Post
interesting..I thought I had that one loaded already. I wonder why it just popped up on the screen today?
Did your Oppo not have network access?

--Carl
calentz is offline  
post #35849 of 36749 Old 04-04-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gene9p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 1,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
Did your Oppo not have network access?



it's always on and connected. I did the Beta update on that fw when it first came out as I always do.
gene9p is offline  
post #35850 of 36749 Old 04-04-2019, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ScottAvery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 1,646
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Please refer to the following Moderators comment: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post57841694
I realize my question that enraged everyone looks to be off topic, but it is specific to the way the 203 reads a local file and making the file compatible, regardless of the source, ripped or otherwise. I apologize for leaving that explanation out, but I was quoting this thread, not a ripping thread, because the information and collective knowledge on 203 compatibility is here with this user base. A search on this will send you back here, unless it sends you to my own conversations on the topic in the 3d Atmos thread.


Edit: I didn't see there were two pages of ripping before I posted mine... my search went WAY back.

Shame on you!

Last edited by ScottAvery; 04-04-2019 at 12:19 PM.
ScottAvery is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off