Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 1218 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278836Likes

post #36511 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMyers9888 View Post
Hello all. I have an Oppo 203 with the HDR through HDMI port update but not the Dolby Vision update yet. Can someone please answer the following: If you have a Dolby Vision program streaming through the HDMI port, I understand you can't use the Zoom function on Dolby Vision. HOWEVER if you switch the HDR setting to "forced", can you THEN use zoom? My understanding is this would switch the DV program to "generic HDR" and then you would regain zoom functionality, but I don't know. I'm holding off updating to Dolby Vision because I absolutely need the zoom capabilities, and my pic looks terrific already, but if I could maintain the zoom function even with DV, all would be good. Thank you.
Unfortunately no. Some tvs (I believe most LG's) will let you zoom the picture with their own aspect ratio control settings which is how I zoom (when needed) any DV disc.

R. B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36512 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by retromzc View Post
Unfortunately no. Some tvs (I believe most LG's) will let you zoom the picture with their own aspect ratio control settings which is how I zoom (when needed) any DV disc.

Ok great, thanks- I won't update to Dolby Vision then. The Oppo has the best set of zoom functions i've ever seen and they're important to me.
post #36513 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
So are you leaving the player in TV-Led mode? if not then that is most likely your issue, the pink screen is all because the OPPO sends player-led signal mucking up the works, just as you've described, if you keep leaving it in auto then that's most likely your issue.
Yes, I leave it in Auto , just like I always have. I'll certainly try it. TV-led does not fix the problem once it occurs, I do know that much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36514 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
It's a firmware issue with the Auto setting. Leave the Oppo in TV-led mode. Don't switch back to Auto after the reset.
Thanks, I'll give that a try until a fix has been released.
post #36515 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGA View Post
Yes, I leave it in Auto , just like I always have. I'll certainly try it. TV-led does not fix the problem once it occurs, I do know that much!
Of course swapping it after it happens doesn't fix it, the incorrect signal would most likely need a reset, and the issue with auto mode is well known on LG 6 series OLEDS with the current OPPO firmware so I don't know if you have one why you would leave the OPPO on AUTO when it's all but assured to repeat the issue, just set it to TV-led and you will never have the issue. It's the equivalent of "Dr, Dr, it hurts when I do this" well don't do that

I don't get why someone with a 6 series that's had the issue would go and leave it on Auto since it's a known issue and TV-led resolves it permanently and is the correct setting for your set.
galonzo, naustin and Madmax67 like this.
post #36516 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Of course swapping it after it happens doesn't fix it, the incorrect signal would most likely need a reset, and the issue with auto mode is well known on LG 6 series OLEDS with the current OPPO firmware so I don't know if you have one why you would leave the OPPO on AUTO when it's all but assured to repeat the issue, just set it to TV-led and you will never have the issue. It's the equivalent of "Dr, Dr, it hurts when I do this" well don't do that

I don't get why someone with a 6 series that's had the issue would go and leave it on Auto since it's a known issue and TV-led resolves it permanently and is the correct setting for your set.
As an E6 owner I totally agree!

Auto is of zero benefit to you, @SinGA . It was only ever intended (if it worked!) to make things easier for those who don't know what their TV requires. When Oppo fix it, all it will ever do is switch to TV-Led, which is what you will have done already. Until you replace your TV (and maybe even then), it will always want TV-Led, so you may as well set it and forget it.
dianebrat, galonzo and gymnos like this.

LG OLED65E6V, Yamaha RX-A3060 AVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q 2TB, Chromecast Ultra
Home-built Ivy Bridge i5-3570K HTPC, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX1050 GPU with Plex and Jriver Media Centre,
Ruipro 15M Fiber HDMI cable, B&W FPM speakers, Logitech Harmony Ultimate intelligent remote.
post #36517 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:

I'm sure there is a ton about me that you wouldn't get! I'm unique!

Why didn't Oppo support tell me to do this?? I opened a case with them and it never came up! Also, Auto does work, just not all the time, so wtf? Auto works after the factory reset is done and auto-play kicks in and plays the disc. Auto worked for many months up until this firmware came out, now its "broken". To me, Auto is absolutely the correct setting, however there is a "known" bug in the software and this is a work-around, not a fix. I expect Oppo to fix the buggy software.
vavan likes this.
post #36518 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 02:19 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5784 Post(s)
Liked: 8258
Quote:

Why didn't Oppo support tell me to do this?? I opened a case with them and it never came up! Also, Auto does work, just not all the time, so wtf? Auto works after the factory reset is done and auto-play kicks in and plays the disc. Auto worked for many months up until this firmware came out, now its "broken". To me, Auto is absolutely the correct setting, however there is a "known" bug in the software and this is a work-around, not a fix. I expect Oppo to fix the buggy software.
I believe they’ve already got Beta code to fix this which has been made available on a case by case basis for testing.

Auto broke because Dolby made a late, unexpected change in their SDK for Dolby Vision. The change made the test for which format to use unreliable.

Fortunately, there is the easy workaround of just setting the correct format to use explicitly.
—Bob
Soccerdude, galonzo and hernanu like this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #36519 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:

I agree it should be fixed and it sounds like it will be.

As long as we realize that once the setting has been set appropriately for the display the Oppo is connected to, there will be zero advantage subsequently setting to Auto instead.
galonzo likes this.

LG OLED65E6V, Yamaha RX-A3060 AVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q 2TB, Chromecast Ultra
Home-built Ivy Bridge i5-3570K HTPC, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX1050 GPU with Plex and Jriver Media Centre,
Ruipro 15M Fiber HDMI cable, B&W FPM speakers, Logitech Harmony Ultimate intelligent remote.
post #36520 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I'll give that a try until a fix has been released.
I just confirmed that setting Dolby Vision processing to “TV-led” does not work for me. I still get the awful pink mess ( TV does not flip to DV mode ).

Here is exactly what I did:

I set the DV processing to TV led. Put in a DV disk and I immediately had the pink problem.

Factory reset.

DV disk starts playing ( Auto play ) and DV disc plays no problem.

Exit out of DV disc and go to settings, set DV processing to TV-led. Change resolution to UHD Auto and color space to 4:2:2 as recommended here.

Put in HDR10 disc, plays no problem.

Put in DV disc, pink problem has returned.

I gave this update to support...
post #36521 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 05:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I think DTS is no longer a major player since Dolby Atmos burst into the scene .

LG OLED C8 65 2018 , LG SL 10YG SoundBar. HT: JVC RS2000, Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain Sscreen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/9060 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Oppo203 and a nagging wife.
post #36522 of 36771 Old 06-18-2019, 06:52 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
I just confirmed that setting Dolby Vision processing to “TV-led” does not work for me. I still get the awful pink mess ( TV does not flip to DV mode ).

Here is exactly what I did:

I set the DV processing to TV led. Put in a DV disk and I immediately had the pink problem.

Factory reset.

DV disk starts playing ( Auto play ) and DV disc plays no problem.

Exit out of DV disc and go to settings, set DV processing to TV-led. Change resolution to UHD Auto and color space to 4:2:2 as recommended here.

Put in HDR10 disc, plays no problem.

Put in DV disc, pink problem has returned.

I gave this update to support...
Try this starting from where you are now: Remove the disc in the tray. Set Energy Efficient in the OPPO. Set TV Led in the OPPO. Turn the OPPO Off. Turn the TV and AVR Off. Power up the TV, the AVR and the OPPO, waiting for each to fully power up before going to the next. (The idea is to clear any HDMI status the TV and AVR may be trying to "remember".)

Test with your DV disc. Test with your HDR10 disc. If things are working, stop making settings changes in the OPPO as sending different DV handshakes to the TV due to settings changes may be confusing the TV.
--Bob
Tom C, galonzo, krauley and 1 others like this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #36523 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Try this starting from where you are now: Remove the disc in the tray. Set Energy Efficient in the OPPO. Set TV Led in the OPPO. Turn the OPPO Off. Turn the TV and AVR Off. Power up the TV, the AVR and the OPPO, waiting for each to fully power up before going to the next. (The idea is to clear any HDMI status the TV and AVR may be trying to "remember".)

Test with your DV disc. Test with your HDR10 disc. If things are working, stop making settings changes in the OPPO as sending different DV handshakes to the TV due to settings changes may be confusing the TV.
--Bob
I'll certainly give it another try, but I assure you, i've already tried every form of that. I've even removed hdmi cables to try to reset the connection. As i've said, the only thing that works is a factory reset of the Oppo. And even then, the relief is temporary.
post #36524 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
I'll certainly give it another try, but I assure you, i've already tried every form of that. I've even removed hdmi cables to try to reset the connection. As i've said, the only thing that works is a factory reset of the Oppo. And even then, the relief is temporary.
But according to you in the past you were always putting it back to auto. We're saying put it on TV-led, power off everything, disconnect and reconnect all the cables, boot up and see what happens.
Matt2026 likes this.
post #36525 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 07:19 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
What you've got is a type of HDMI handshake failure. These are annoying to troubleshoot. The settings I've given you SHOULD work, but it is possible to confuse the HDMI hardware in the AVR and TV when HDMI settings changes are made on the fly -- that's why power cycling all 3 may clear it, so long as you leave things alone afterwards.

The problem I've got trying to help you here is that there IS a bug. You just have to believe me that the TV Led setting really is the right one to use at the moment -- not AUTO.

The fact that it works after a Reset of the OPPO is, I believe just coincidence. The AUTO setting (which you get from the Reset) *IS* broken, but it will, nevertheless, come up with the correct answer sometimes. However, this result does prove the AVR and TV are able to do the right thing at least some of the time.

All that said, the USUAL cause of HDMI handshake failures is the HDMI cabling. Cables do go bad, and the cabling is only friction fit so even the mechanical fit between plugs and sockets can be an issue, particular if there is anything tugging on the cable in any direction (such as cable weight or kinks in the cable).

If your problem were happening to me, the first thing I'd try would be to swap out the entire set of HDMI cables with new "Premium Certified" cables (while leaving TV Led as the setting) -- making sure nothing is tugging on the plugs at either end of each cable.

Failing that, your player may need hardware service. (There's a 2 year Warranty, so this may still be Warranty service.) Prior to sending the player in, I'd ask OPPO if they can provide you with a private Beta firmware which fixes the AUTO bug.
--Bob
Tom C, galonzo, chi_guy50 and 2 others like this.

post #36526 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
What you've got is a type of HDMI handshake failure. These are annoying to troubleshoot. The settings I've given you SHOULD work, but it is possible to confuse the HDMI hardware in the AVR and TV when HDMI settings changes are made on the fly -- that's why power cycling all 3 may clear it, so long as you leave things alone afterwards.

The problem I've got trying to help you here is that there IS a bug. You just have to believe me that the TV Led setting really is the right one to use at the moment -- not AUTO.

The fact that it works after a Reset of the OPPO is, I believe just coincidence. The AUTO setting (which you get from the Reset) *IS* broken, but it will, nevertheless, come up with the correct answer sometimes. However, this result does prove the AVR and TV are able to do the right thing at least some of the time.

All that said, the USUAL cause of HDMI handshake failures is the HDMI cabling. Cables do go bad, and the cabling is only friction fit so even the mechanical fit between plugs and sockets can be an issue, particular if there is anything tugging on the cable in any direction (such as cable weight or kinks in the cable).

If your problem were happening to me, the first thing I'd try would be to swap out the entire set of HDMI cables with new "Premium Certified" cables (while leaving TV Led as the setting) -- making sure nothing is tugging on the plugs at either end of each cable.

Failing that, your player may need hardware service. (There's a 2 year Warranty, so this may still be Warranty service.) Prior to sending the player in, I'd ask OPPO if they can provide you with a private Beta firmware which fixes the AUTO bug.
--Bob
I've replaced all the HDMI cables with Monoproce Premium Certified cables, even though my previous cables were working fine. I don't believe the cables were the problem, but I didn't mind doing this because the MP cables were cheap. Still same problem. Yes, there IS a bug!

> "The fact that it works after a Reset of the OPPO is, I believe just coincidence" Maybe so, but its a coincidence that happens every single time that i do it! Its the only way i can watch my DV discs now.

Oppo support has not offered up the beta firmware yet.
post #36527 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 12:36 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
I've replaced all the HDMI cables with Monoproce Premium Certified cables, even though my previous cables were working fine. I don't believe the cables were the problem, but I didn't mind doing this because the MP cables were cheap. Still same problem. Yes, there IS a bug!

> "The fact that it works after a Reset of the OPPO is, I believe just coincidence" Maybe so, but its a coincidence that happens every single time that i do it! Its the only way i can watch my DV discs now.

Oppo support has not offered up the beta firmware yet.
Have they asked you to capture a "Log File" of the HDMI handshake failure happening? That can give them good clues as to where things are going pear shaped.

Do try the sequence I suggested above where you establish the settings (TV Led and Energy Efficient) and then power cycle all the devices as described before testing the discs again.
--Bob
galonzo, hernanu and Matt2026 like this.

post #36528 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Have they asked you to capture a "Log File" of the HDMI handshake failure happening? That can give them good clues as to where things are going pear shaped.

Do try the sequence I suggested above where you establish the settings (TV Led and Energy Efficient) and then power cycle all the devices as described before testing the discs again.
--Bob
No, they have not.

They did ask me to connect the 203 directly to my B6. Which I just did. Same problem, pink mess.

With everything off, i connected the Oppo to my B6 with a Premium Certified cable from Monoprice. TV turned on first, waited for it to come up. Then turned on Oppo. Switched DV processing to TV-led. Put in DV disc ( Aquaman ), pressed play. Oppo flashes Dolby Vision banner on the left, TV does not flip into Dolby Vision mode, pink mess. Stop disc, reset Oppo to factory defaults, reboot, comes up, auto-play kicks in and plays the disc, TV flips to DV no problem, plays the disc.
post #36529 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 02:20 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ OK, but just to be clear you got it backwards. What I’d like you to try is:

FIRST set both TV Led and Energy Efficient in the OPPO.

THEN power cycle all the devices in the HDMI chain as described.

Then test with discs.
—Bob
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.

post #36530 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2190
Quote:

FIRST set both TV Led and Energy Efficient in the OPPO.

THEN power cycle all the devices in the HDMI chain as described.

Then test with discs.
—Bob
Bob, you are an inspiration to all of us!

gsr, galonzo, Mike_WI and 3 others like this.

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #36531 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Hi Bob, thanks again for the tips! I'm sorry you were confused by this statement, that's the process I did for Oppo support, not for your suggestion. Although, i'm sure I tried it before, I'll try it again later when I get a chance.

Edit: iisn't Energy Efficient the default? I believe its been set like that always, thru all troubleshooting steps / power cycles and factory resets.

Thanks for the support, chi_guy! I see you are in Atlanta, you're welcome to check it out and share in the fun!

Last edited by SinGA; 06-19-2019 at 03:48 PM.
post #36532 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 04:01 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Hi Bob, thanks again for the tips! I'm sorry you were confused by this statement, that's the process I did for Oppo support, not for your suggestion. Although, i'm sure I tried it before, I'll try it again later when I get a chance.

Edit: iisn't Energy Efficient the default? I believe its been set like that always, thru all troubleshooting steps / power cycles and factory resets.

Thanks for the support, chi_guy! I see you are in Atlanta, you're welcome to check it out and share in the fun!
Yes, Energy Efficient is the default and is likely already set due to all the Resets you’ve tried. But just confirm it really is set for this test, as it insures the power cycle of the player produces a full reboot.
—Bob

post #36533 of 36771 Old 06-19-2019, 07:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 2171 Post(s)
Liked: 2190
Quote:

I don't have an LG display myself but . . .

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #36534 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_guy50 View Post
I don't have an LG display myself but . . .

My LG 65UH770V runs on the same software as the B6... In my personal experience I very rarely have problems playing Dolby Vision disc's (whether they be FEL or MEL). And nothing that re-powering all my gear can't cure

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
post #36535 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4373 Post(s)
Liked: 2450
I don't know what's going on with my 203 and accessing the local network. I've tried multiple times to access my video on a local server using SMB and it won't accept any userName and password. I even went to the local Window 10 machine and made sure I logged in with the local user account and password first before trying it again on the 203 and still it doesn't accept my login information. I also tried the Microsoft account and it would take that either. Anyone know what may be the problem?

lujan
516 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #36536 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 08:24 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4545 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post
I don't know what's going on with my 203 and accessing the local network. I've tried multiple times to access my video on a local server using SMB and it won't accept any userName and password. I even went to the local Window 10 machine and made sure I logged in with the local user account and password first before trying it again on the 203 and still it doesn't accept my login information. I also tried the Microsoft account and it would take that either. Anyone know what may be the problem?
Did it work before?

Is the FAQ of any help? How do I access SMB shares on Windows 10?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #36537 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4373 Post(s)
Liked: 2450
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Did it work before?

Is the FAQ of any help? How do I access SMB shares on Windows 10?

-Bill
Yes, it worked at one time but I hadn't accessed it in a long time because I didn't have enough ethernet cables to connect to the 203 and wireless connections don't seem to work with SMB shares. I recently disconnected an ethernet cable from another device and connected to 203 in order to use SMB again. I finally got it to work by:

With Windows:

Open Control Panel
Select Programs
Select Turn Windows Features On and Off
Scroll down to SMB 1.0 file sharing support
Click on the + symbol
Make sure all 3 boxes are checked
Click OK.

Only one box was checked but there have been many Windows 10 updates since I last used Samba so who knows when it changed? I also made sure Public shares were turned on and rebooted both the 203 and the Windows 10 machine.

Thanks for the tips!
gymnos likes this.

lujan
516 Ultra HD
724 HD
4 SD
post #36538 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Yes, it worked at one time but I hadn't accessed it in a long time because I didn't have enough ethernet cables to connect to the 203 and wireless connections don't seem to work with SMB shares. I recently disconnected an ethernet cable from another device and connected to 203 in order to use SMB again. I finally got it to work by:

With Windows:

Open Control Panel
Select Programs
Select Turn Windows Features On and Off
Scroll down to SMB 1.0 file sharing support
Click on the + symbol
Make sure all 3 boxes are checked
Click OK.

Only one box was checked but there have been many Windows 10 updates since I last used Samba so who knows when it changed? I also made sure Public shares were turned on and rebooted both the 203 and the Windows 10 machine.

Thanks for the tips!

I have a connection issue happening every once in while. A reboot of my network switches normally fixes it.

_____

Axel

post #36539 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2184 Post(s)
Liked: 2467
Quote:
I've had my Oppos do that occasionally and what I do is put them in standby, pull the plug for about 10 seconds, plug them back in and the saved credentials work again.

They seem to get in a weird state like that sometimes but a cold boot always fixes the weird authentication state with SMB to my NAS.
lujan and galonzo like this.
post #36540 of 36771 Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3777 Post(s)
Liked: 2977
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
I've had my Oppos do that occasionally and what I do is put them in standby, pull the plug for about 10 seconds, plug them back in and the saved credentials work again.

They seem to get in a weird state like that sometimes but a cold boot always fixes the weird authentication state with SMB to my NAS.
Mine does this with my Synology NAS if the NAS takes too long to respond, like a sort of time-out error. Because of it I had to disable the HDD hibernation in the NAS. Anyways, cold booting the Oppo does clear the issue as long as I haven't messed with the login credentials in the mean time.
lujan and galonzo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page