Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 1220 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278840Likes

post #36571 of 36773 Old 06-23-2019, 03:17 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Laslett View Post
Bill, I have got a 3D blu-ray rip to work streaming over NFS and DLNA. I had success with both disc 1 and 2 from Hobbit Battle of the five armies, they both worked fine.

What I did different. After ripping the discs with MakeMKV, when I added the files to TSMuxer, I changed the order, so that the .264 file was the first one in the list followed by the MVC file, before muxing them into an M2TS container.

This was suggested in the Plex forums for people trying to get 3D MVC rips to work on Samsung TVs over Plex, they said you had to do this or you always got an error.

https://forums.plex.tv/t/getting-3d-...on-plex/203246

It seems that the same fix works on the Oppo. When I get a chance I’ll try from USB too. I will be ripping most of my 3D collection now that I have a way to stream via the Oppo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Hi, I can confirm this works as well. I took it one step further and mux in the ATMOS track as well. It requires some extras steps that I documented here:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...l#post54859492

it would be easier if they just enabled 3D playback of MKV files, the $100 Zidoo X9s handles it no problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
For anyone who cares about this (playing 3D-MVC ripped Blu Rays through Plex or the Oppo 203/205), I've been playing around with this workaround technique and I've discovered a few things.

First, I'm ripping these BDs from my personal legal collection to ISOs via AnyDVD HD. From there, I have MakeMKV look at the disc and the specific movie file I want to find the proper playlist, then go to tsMuxeR and have it import the playlist. At that point, you ask tsMuxeR to change the order in the file for the MVC (3D information) from the 1st spot to the second spot and then remux to a m2ts file file that can be played with the Oppo via SMB or a DLNA server.

This largely works....but not in all circumstances. I own about 25 3D movie titles, mostly Marvel, Disney and Pixar movies. Most play perfectly with the newly muxed file. But I continue to have problems with titles such as Avatar, Despicable Me 2, Finding Dory and Gravity. Not sure what's going on but my 205 rejects the files with a format error. Since it works with most titles but not all, it doesn't make sense right now as to what is the difference. I could chalk it up to studio mastering techniques but why would Finding Dory have problems but every other Pixar/Disney movie work ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
Update: I got the 3D version of Avatar to work from a 3D-MVC rip. The trick was to do this:

1. Rip 3D disc to ISO (AnyDVD HD)
2. Use MakeMKV to generate an MKV file of said movie.
3. Use tsMuxer to convert the MKV to a m2ts, shifting the order of the MVC line item from 1st to 2nd place order during the remux.
4. Play with Oppo 205

This is different than what i had been doing in step 2, which was just having MakeMKV tell me what playlist file was the correct one and then ask tsMuxer to use that for its work. I had been doing the method above early on but it didn't work more times than not and it was better to ask tsMuxer to do its job straight from the mounted ISO and eliminate the middle step of making an MKV first. In this case, making the MKV actually solved the problem.

I'll see if the other problem movies work the same way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Laslett View Post
I can confirm that my rip of Avatar worked just fine, on the Oppo 203.

I only do MakeMKV for the rip and the transcode to M2TS with TSMuxer.
Thanks for all the posts above, I finally am able to watch 3D via my OPPO. I originally had the 3D movies in MKV format, and most of them converted from MKV to .m2ts fine using tsMuxeR with the trick of moving the MVC file to the second line and then re-muxing.

The titles I had difficulty with from MKV's are listed below, and interestingly, not all Pixar. The issue with these titles was the lossless audio tracks on the MKV were not imported into tsMuxeR. As the instructions noted above, I had to re-rip them as an .ISO, and load the correct playlist (.mpls file) in tsMuxeR and move the MVC file down one line, and re-mux to .m2ts.

Brave - Disney/Pixar
Finding Nemo - Disney/Pixar
Madagascar 3 - Dreamworks Animation
Monster's Inc. - Disney/Pixar
Monster's University - Disney/Pixar
Rise of the Guardians - Dreamworks Animation
Star Trek Into Darkness - Paramount

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36572 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ OK, but just to be clear you got it backwards. What I’d like you to try is:

FIRST set both TV Led and Energy Efficient in the OPPO.

THEN power cycle all the devices in the HDMI chain as described.

Then test with discs.
—Bob
So I had a chance to do this over the weekend. I set DV processing to TV-led, made sure it was on Energy Efficient, power-cycled the Oppo to ensure a "save". Then with everything off, i turned on the power in the order you described. Played my DV disc with no problem, and it worked for a while. Then on Sat night, was watching a regular bluray ( Deadwood ) and decided to try a DV disc again. Ejected the BD disc, popped in DV disc ( Jurassic Park ) and the problem came back. Oppo was sending DV signal but TV never flipped into DV mode.

Thanks again for your help Bob, I sent Oppo support the info they requested.
post #36573 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGA View Post
...Played my DV disc with no problem, and it worked for a while. Then on Sat night, was watching a regular bluray ( Deadwood ) and decided to try a DV disc again. Ejected the BD disc, popped in DV disc ( Jurassic Park ) and the problem came back. Oppo was sending DV signal but TV never flipped into DV mode.
Just to confirm... Are you connecting 'directly' from the OPPO to your LG television?
galonzo likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: DS212+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36574 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Just to confirm... Are you connecting 'directly' from the OPPO to your LG television?
In this case, no I was not directly connected, I was connected thru my AVR, using the Oppo the way I intend to use it when I bought it. I feel that I should be able to change disc's with no problems whatsoever.

Edit: i should also note, that when TV-led was working properly for my DV discs, it was also connected thru my AVR.
post #36575 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In this case, no I was not directly connected, I was connected thru my AVR, using the Oppo the way I intend to use it when I bought it. I feel that I should be able to change disc's with no problems whatsoever...
Well... If you don't directly connect the OPPO to your LG television it's impossible to rule out that the issue you're having is related to your [Yamaha RX-A1060] AVR!

Fault finding is a logical "one step at a time" process!

EDIT: It would also help if you listed your AV gear in your signature...
galonzo likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
AMPS: 2No Audiolab 8000A, 2No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 4No KEF 103.2, 3No Wharfedale Diamond 10

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 06-25-2019 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Make/model of SinGA's AVR determined
post #36576 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Well... If you don't directly connect the OPPO to your LG television it's impossible to rule out that the issue you're having is related to your AVR!

Fault finding is a logical "one step at a time" process!

EDIT: It would also help if you listed your AV gear in your signature...
I was able to recreate the problem with the Oppo directly connected to the TV. All of my other devices running thru my AVR have zero problems switching back and forth between DV and HDR10 and SDR. The problem only occurs with my Oppo, and it only started after the latest firmware was installed.

I'm not looking to find a fix here in this forum, I expect Oppo to find a fix. I'm simply sharing the information in this forum in case other users are experiencing the same thing.

Oppo support has still not offered up the beta firmware that supposedly fixes the DV-auto bug.
post #36577 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I was able to recreate the problem with the Oppo directly connected to the TV..
With respect... I don't believe you have done this after Bob's most recent suggestion. You've only connected through your AVR!

You are making it very difficult for anyone on this forum to help you... Once again - Fault finding is a logical "one step at a time" process!
galonzo and deckarep like this.

post #36578 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
With respect... I don't believe you have done this after Bob's most recent suggestion. You've only connected through your AVR!

You are making it very difficult for anyone on this forum to help you... Once again - Fault finding is a logical "one step at a time" process!
With respect, I am not asking you or anyone else on this forum for help. There is a handshake bug that was introduced with this latest firmware. We know that as a fact. My posts are simply my experience with this bug. I expect Oppo support to solve the problem.
vavan likes this.
post #36579 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Oppo support has still not offered up the beta firmware that supposedly fixes the DV-auto bug.
Oppo support told me that the beta which has the fix actually already replaced the official firmware somewhere along the line. Since I grabbed the firmware very early ( day 1 or 2 after release ) they are asking me to reinstall the firmware. If this doesn't work, they said they'll "recall" my unit and I'll send it in for repair.
post #36580 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Oppo support told me that the beta which has the fix actually already replaced the official firmware somewhere along the line. Since I grabbed the firmware very early ( day 1 or 2 after release ) they are asking me to reinstall the firmware. If this doesn't work, they said they'll "recall" my unit and I'll send it in for repair.
How do you reinstall the firmware?
post #36581 of 36773 Old 06-24-2019, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
Download it from the Oppo site and do it by USB.
post #36582 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Am I reading this correctly to fix the DV bug just reload the latest Official firmware from the website via usb and the DV fix will be there? I downloaded the latest firmware the first day it was released. If that is the fix I will try it out because I have a LG E6 and the DV bug is irritating but I can kind of live with it because I switch my oppo to TV-LED
post #36583 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Try this starting from where you are now: Remove the disc in the tray. Set Energy Efficient in the OPPO. Set TV Led in the OPPO. Turn the OPPO Off. Turn the TV and AVR Off. Power up the TV, the AVR and the OPPO, waiting for each to fully power up before going to the next. (The idea is to clear any HDMI status the TV and AVR may be trying to "remember".)

Test with your DV disc. Test with your HDR10 disc. If things are working, stop making settings changes in the OPPO as sending different DV handshakes to the TV due to settings changes may be confusing the TV.
--Bob
Bob and others,
I posted an issue I am facing and Axel responded with a suggestion to reset Oppo to factory setting. My Oppo is not doing HDR Auto, it is trying to handshake, but failing, sound is clipping, no picture. My Projector is JVC DLA-X790. Is there any way to set Oppo up like Project-led, as suggested to make it TV-led? If yes, what are the steps I need to follow? Just thinking ... I am not as technically literate about these machines as many of you are, so seeking help. Contacted Oppo for help, they pointed me to Oppo Digital customer care. Not sure what is that, as I didn't see any link or contact info for this. So, I am in limbo. I have the latest firmware upgrade already. Thanks much in advance for help!
post #36584 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I was able to recreate the problem with the Oppo directly connected to the TV. All of my other devices running thru my AVR have zero problems switching back and forth between DV and HDR10 and SDR. The problem only occurs with my Oppo, and it only started after the latest firmware was installed.

I'm not looking to find a fix here in this forum, I expect Oppo to find a fix. I'm simply sharing the information in this forum in case other users are experiencing the same thing.

SinGA,
I think I have a similar problem, not exact, as I am using a Projector. My Panasonic UB900 works perfect with the Projector and Processor, no issue. Only when I am trying Oppo, the problem occurs.
Oppo plays only up to 1080P level, whenever going to UHD, the issue starts.
post #36585 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 06:11 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5787 Post(s)
Liked: 8259
Quote:
If this is correct -- a change to the released firmware without announcement -- it's news to me. But I suppose procedures might be different now....

--Bob
galonzo likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #36586 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 06:15 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortiz View Post
As mentioned in the other reply, download the file for install via a USB stick from the OPPO Support page for the firmware. If you have the North America version of the 203 or 205 you will find that here:

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...e-65-0131.aspx

For other player regions, get the firmware from your local OPPO support site.

Since the firmware on the USB stick will have the same version number as what's already installed, the player will not find it automatically on the stick. But no problem. Just go to Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Upgrade and select to install from USB. When asked if you want to re-install the firmware, select Yes.

As usual after ANY firmware install, I recommend you do a Reset Factory defaults on the player, then turn the player Off and back On again. You can speed this up by saving your current settings to USB stick (you can use the same stick) for reload after the Reset and power cycle. See Setup > Device Setup > Settings Management.
--Bob
galonzo, naustin, stanhere and 1 others like this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 06-25-2019 at 06:18 AM.
post #36587 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 06:27 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabu7 View Post
Bob and others,
I posted an issue I am facing and Axel responded with a suggestion to reset Oppo to factory setting. My Oppo is not doing HDR Auto, it is trying to handshake, but failing, sound is clipping, no picture. My Projector is JVC DLA-X790. Is there any way to set Oppo up like Project-led, as suggested to make it TV-led? If yes, what are the steps I need to follow? Just thinking ... I am not as technically literate about these machines as many of you are, so seeking help. Contacted Oppo for help, they pointed me to Oppo Digital customer care. Not sure what is that, as I didn't see any link or contact info for this. So, I am in limbo. I have the latest firmware upgrade already. Thanks much in advance for help!
The problem being discussed right now is specific to Dolby Vision content. If you are not getting HDR into your projector for ANY UHD disc content then there is something else going on -- the Dolby Vision Auto vs TV Led choice would not be the issue.

The usual reasons you can't get 4K video with HDR into any TV -- including 4K/HDR capable projectors -- are (1) your HDMI cables are not able to carry the necessary bandwidth, or (2) you've not yet made the setting change IN THE PROJECTOR to enable the higher bandwidth forms of input on its HDMI input.

For the cables, what you need are HDMI "Premium Certified" cables. These need not be expensive. For more info, see my Blog post here:

HDMI "Premium Certified" Cables

For the settings change in your projector, I'm not familiar with your projector, and there's no common naming for this setting, but look for something that enables 4K or Deep Color or Enhanced Formats on the HDMI input. If your projector has more than one HDMI input, you may need to use a specific input to feed it 4K/HDR.

If you are sending the video through an audio video receiver (AVR) to the projector, the AVR also needs to be able to pass 4K with HDR. For more help on this, if a JVC owner doesn't pipe up here, try the owner's thread for your projector here on AVS or get in touch with OPPO Tech Support as they may have history on your projector. You can use the Email Us link on OPPO's Support page for the player:

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...3-Support.aspx

(OPPO Digital is the separate division of OPPO which produced and sold these players.)
--Bob
galonzo and hernanu like this.

post #36588 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
If this is correct -- a change to the released firmware without announcement -- it's news to me. But I suppose procedures might be different now....
Yeah, it sounds crazy, and even then, they don't sound too sure of themselves. In a nutshell they said "try this, Auto is fixed in this one, but dont use Auto, set it to TV-led." LOL I'm not sure if I'm emailing back and forth with the same person, or multiple people. They sign the emails Best Regards, Customer Service. I have yet to try the firmware reinstall, maybe tonight.
post #36589 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-T View Post
Am I reading this correctly to fix the DV bug just reload the latest Official firmware from the website via usb and the DV fix will be there? I downloaded the latest firmware the first day it was released. If that is the fix I will try it out because I have a LG E6 and the DV bug is irritating but I can kind of live with it because I switch my oppo to TV-LED
I'm just going by what they said, i have not yet had a chance to test/reinstall.

This is a quote from Oppo support:

"The beta firmware that you are speaking of was used for testing right when the latest official firmware was released. Last we heard from the Factory Team was the official firmware was to be replaced by the beta firmware. We are waiting for confirmation that it has already been replaced. "

and then

"If the firmware was updated so early, then try re-installing the firmware. Make sure to do a Factory Reset as well after re-installing."
post #36590 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 3770
Quote:
I'm just going by what they said, i have not yet had a chance to test/reinstall.

"The beta firmware that you are speaking of was used for testing right when the latest official firmware was released. Last we heard from the Factory Team was the official firmware was to be replaced by the beta firmware. We are waiting for confirmation that it has already been replaced. "

and then

"If the firmware was updated so early, then try re-installing the firmware. Make sure to do a Factory Reset as well after re-installing."
I did not update right away when the FW came out in February, but did eventually update. I have an E6 and set the OPPO DV setting to Auto, and I have no issues. Never had to set the OPPO to tv-led.
galonzo and jong1 like this.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #36591 of 36773 Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
The problem being discussed right now is specific to Dolby Vision content. If you are not getting HDR into your projector for ANY UHD disc content then there is something else going on -- the Dolby Vision Auto vs TV Led choice would not be the issue.

The usual reasons you can't get 4K video with HDR into any TV -- including 4K/HDR capable projectors -- are (1) your HDMI cables are not able to carry the necessary bandwidth, or (2) you've not yet made the setting change IN THE PROJECTOR to enable the higher bandwidth forms of input on its HDMI input.

For the cables, what you need are HDMI "Premium Certified" cables. These need not be expensive. For more info, see my Blog post here:

HDMI "Premium Certified" Cables

For the settings change in your projector, I'm not familiar with your projector, and there's no common naming for this setting, but look for something that enables 4K or Deep Color or Enhanced Formats on the HDMI input. If your projector has more than one HDMI input, you may need to use a specific input to feed it 4K/HDR.

If you are sending the video through an audio video receiver (AVR) to the projector, the AVR also needs to be able to pass 4K with HDR. For more help on this, if a JVC owner doesn't pipe up here, try the owner's thread for your projector here on AVS or get in touch with OPPO Tech Support as they may have history on your projector. You can use the Email Us link on OPPO's Support page for the player:

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...3-Support.aspx

(OPPO Digital is the separate division of OPPO which produced and sold these players.)
--Bob
Bob,

Thanks much for addressing this issue and my request for help!
Both the points you made are valid, but I am thinking if the Projector is not set to 4k enable setup, then Panasonic can't work. In this case it works properly.
Second is HDMI - I am using CAT6 with HDMI converter, which is again working with Panasonic. The converter is explicitly states it is 4k compliant.
However, I will recheck if the Project HDMI is creating issue, as I have two Input HDMI in my Project. Will go to JVC forum too. And try to connect with Oppo digital support using the link you provided here.

Bottom line, I am not giving up Oppo without a fight
post #36592 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 01:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

and then

Oh jeez.... What was the exact date when you received this 'quote' or 'quotes'?

And did you inform OPPO that you are connecting through a Yamaha RX-A1060 AVR?

post #36593 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Oh jeez.... What was the exact date when you received this 'quote' or 'quotes'?

And did you inform OPPO that you are connecting through a Yamaha RX-A1060 AVR?
Monday, June 24th 2019, for both of those email quotes. Yes, of course.
post #36594 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:

and then

I am going to reload the firmware from the Oppo site via usb and see if it works.
SinGA likes this.
post #36595 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 05:12 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 1879 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
Quote:
Bob,

Thanks much for addressing this issue and my request for help!
Both the points you made are valid, but I am thinking if the Projector is not set to 4k enable setup, then Panasonic can't work. In this case it works properly.
Second is HDMI - I am using CAT6 with HDMI converter, which is again working with Panasonic. The converter is explicitly states it is 4k compliant.
However, I will recheck if the Project HDMI is creating issue, as I have two Input HDMI in my Project. Will go to JVC forum too. And try to connect with Oppo digital support using the link you provided here.

Bottom line, I am not giving up Oppo without a fight
A cable or converter claiming to be "4K compliant" is far too vague. It doesn't take into consideration if it only supports 4K30 or 4K60, which is an important difference. It might help if you provide links to the exact products your using. If it's a HDBase-T TX/RX balun pair with a CAT6 cable between them it's very likely it doesn't support 4K60 as very few do at this point (the HDFury Maestro TX/RX pair is one of the few that does).
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.
post #36596 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasg View Post
Hi, I have 203 and AV Reciever Marantz 6013. I have connected projector to main HDMI output. When I put audio CD there is no sound until I turn on projector, after I turn off projector, sound is gone.
Have you figured out the problem?

If not, could use the Oppo's S/PDIF output into the Marantz for CD listening. Could also try connecting the Oppo's main HDMI output to the Marantz (nothing connected to Oppo's audio only HDMI), but maybe you also have another display already connected?

Quote:
Physically disconnect the HDMI cable between AVR and projector, and see if your CD audio now works.
I took it as the PJ was connected to the Oppo's main output.
galonzo likes this.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win7 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #36597 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I did not update right away when the FW came out in February, but did eventually update. I have an E6 and set the OPPO DV setting to Auto, and I have no issues. Never had to set the OPPO to tv-led.
Same with me, mine plays fine with no issues that i see using Auto.
post #36598 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-T View Post
I am going to reload the firmware from the Oppo site via usb and see if it works.
Don't forget to follow the highly recommended 'Reset Factory Defaults' process to finalise the firmware installation!
galonzo and Dave-T like this.

post #36599 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
A cable or converter claiming to be "4K compliant" is far too vague. It doesn't take into consideration if it only supports 4K30 or 4K60, which is an important difference. It might help if you provide links to the exact products your using. If it's a HDBase-T TX/RX balun pair with a CAT6 cable between them it's very likely it doesn't support 4K60 as very few do at this point (the HDFury Maestro TX/RX pair is one of the few that does).
I am going downstairs tonight and check. The converter is none of the above models, it is a bit lower end I guess. Will let you know what I find.
Thanks much!

Checked - the seller description says:HDMI [email protected] OVER SINGLE CAT6. This price is lower.

The other one is HDMI [email protected] OVER CAT6. Price is higher.

Should I try the second one?

Last edited by gbabu7; 06-26-2019 at 07:19 PM.
post #36600 of 36773 Old 06-26-2019, 07:35 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 1879 Post(s)
Liked: 2278
Quote:
I am going downstairs tonight and check. The converter is none of the above models, it is a bit lower end I guess. Will let you know what I find.
Thanks much!

Checked - the seller description says:HDMI [email protected] OVER SINGLE CAT6. This price is lower.

The other one is HDMI [email protected] OVER CAT6. Price is higher.

Should I try the second one?
Um, maybe? Consider including links or brand and model name or number of the options. You’re not giving us much info to work with here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page