Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 1221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279354Likes

post #36601 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Um, maybe? Consider including links or brand and model name or number of the options. You’re not giving us much info to work with here.
Here is the link of the converter. It is from MyCableMart.com.

https://www.mycablemart.com/store/ca..._detail&p=6900

The Part # is LK-V375-70M. But not seeing any Model # per se.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36602 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 08:02 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbabu7 View Post

So THAT converter claims to support 4K30, but definitely does not support 4K60. Also make sure you paid attention to the note:

Quote:
NOTE: The use of SOLID CORE 23AWG CAT6 cable (as opposed to STRANDED patch cables) when attempting to support 4K signals for any length is strongly recommended. The use of CAT5E or CAT6 stranded cables, or cables using 24AWG copper will mostly likely only support 1080P/60Hz

The other HDMI balun you mentioned may or may not resolve your problems, but since you failed to include any info about it, nobody can give you any sort of definitive answer. I took a quick look and couldn't find anything from you indicating how long the cable run is, so that's also a consideration. If the cable run is short enough to use a normal premium certified HDMI cable, I'd strongly suggest going with that option.
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.
post #36603 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked: 2178
Quote:
So THAT converter claims to support 4K30, but definitely does not support 4K60. Also make sure you paid attention to the note:

The other HDMI balun you mentioned may or may not resolve your problems, but since you failed to include any info about it, nobody can give you any sort of definitive answer. I took a quick look and couldn't find anything from you indicating how long the cable run is, so that's also a consideration. If the cable run is short enough to use a normal premium certified HDMI cable, I'd strongly suggest going with that option.
It also only supports 4:2:0, so that needs to be set at the source as output.
gsr and galonzo like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36604 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
It also only supports 4:2:0, so that needs to be set at the source as output.
4:2:0 limitation for 4K60, not for 4K24. 4:2:0 is not valid at 4K24.
galonzo and Madmax67 like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #36605 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Um, maybe? Consider including links or brand and model name or number of the options. You’re not giving us much info to work with here.

post #36606 of 37534 Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:

The Roku is working like a charm after I connected it to my Theta CB III HD Input and connected to the Projector using the Output slot. Using the same CAT6 and converter.
However, I saw the difference between 30 and 60Hz. Will return the 30 one and buy the 60HZ converter within a day or two. Hope that will improve the picture a bit.

Thanks for all the helps so far ... It opened my eyes about the HZ difference!
post #36607 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3889 Post(s)
Liked: 3138
Quote:

That appears to be a ~12Gbps rated setup. You have to wonder why they don't just state these things clearly, maybe because nobody would buy it.
Anyway, I wouldn't buy anything that's not clearly rated for 18Gbps, or more. But I'd be looking at optical cables anyway.
galonzo likes this.
post #36608 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGA View Post
Oppo support told me that the beta which has the fix actually already replaced the official firmware somewhere along the line. Since I grabbed the firmware very early ( day 1 or 2 after release ) they are asking me to reinstall the firmware. If this doesn't work, they said they'll "recall" my unit and I'll send it in for repair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
If this is correct -- a change to the released firmware without announcement -- it's news to me. But I suppose procedures might be different now....

--Bob
@Bob Pariseau , have you had a chance to check this out? Was the latest official fw actually a revised after its release with no notification from Oppo?
I'm not dissing you @SinGA , but the answer you got from Oppo seems like fake news. Or Oppo's customer service/tech has gone down the crapper.
Since not all Oppo owners read this thread, and many have their units set for 'automatic firmware notification' how would they know to reinstall. If it were really revised it should have either been released as a beta or better yet, a new official fw so that owners would get automatic firmware notification.
I'd really like to know what's going on here before I waste my time reinstalling my firmware.

Thanks,
Tom
naustin likes this.

"When all else fails, read the manual."
post #36609 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
I'd really like to know what's going on here before I waste my time reinstalling my firmware.

Thanks,
Tom
Is that 5 minutes of your time required really that valuable? Seriously, if you're having the DV / LG 6 series issue, you really should try the re-install.
ppasteur likes this.
post #36610 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Is that 5 minutes of your time required really that valuable? Seriously, if you're having the DV / LG 6 series issue, you really should try the re-install.
Seriously, if this is a fw revision, why didn't Oppo release it as such. Release it as a new 'official' fw or at least a beta. Don't expect me to do their work.
If you can't do it right the first time, at least do it right the second time.
BTW, do you know this a revised version?? My question was to Bob. I'm still waiting to hear from him.
SinGA likes this.

post #36611 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Seriously, if this is a fw revision, why didn't Oppo release it as such. Release it as a new 'official' fw or at least a beta. Don't expect me to do their work.
BTW, do you know this a revised version?? My question was to Bob. I'm still waiting to hear from him.
I'm not convinced there was any change to the released version without a version number change, that's incredibly unlike any company to do that, but I can see suggesting reflashing it to be sure the correct version is on the system. If they had slipstreamed a change this would be a first and people would have mentioned it before.
tngiloy and SinGA like this.
post #36612 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
I actually did check that. Since the other one is called "Audio" I connected the Audio HDMI there. That leaves me with only option to connect Video HDMI to the main one. But that's a good point and folks can miss it inadvertently. Thanks for mentioning!
You can't connect both to the same amp in my experience... Especially if you try to bridge the connections. Are you? The oppo likes either audio connection, or AV. Not both.
post #36613 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You know Oppo digital stopped AV ? Anything we get from now is a bonus.
Could you please try to download the firmware file, run through crc/sha checksum and report back what you find. Failing that try installing and see if it helps.

We'd all appreciate you reporting back what you find. By the way I'm also e6 and never had an issue. I too upgraded later to the official firmware on my UK 205.

No point me trying it because mine is working. But you have the opportunity to contribute something valuable to the forum. You may as well as you've had four people saying it works - and if you don't try it's only delaying your knowing if you can enjoy your auto setting instead of having to pick TV led.

My question is to you and I'll eagerly await your response.

Kindest regards
Chris
tngiloy likes this.

Last edited by chrisdack; 06-29-2019 at 02:46 AM.
post #36614 of 37534 Old 06-28-2019, 08:25 PM

Well just to add to the mystery, I checked the current 1031 download against an original one. They are not the same size, but my older version might have been a non-public beta.
post #36615 of 37534 Old 06-29-2019, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdack View Post

Kindest regards
Chris
Quote:
Well just to add to the mystery, I checked the current 1031 download against an original one. They are not the same size, but my older version might have been a non-public beta.
OK. I re-installed the latest firmware. Inserted usb with 'newer' (?) firmware. 203 did not immediately recognize new fw, but when I went into setup and chose usb I got a message that said something to the effect - 'This is the current firmware- do you want to re-install?- which I chose and it installed. I then went into setup > reset to Factory defaults and then after the Oppo-forced power cycle I went back into settings and reset from scratch making sure to set DV to auto.
Doing a quick test it worked with a DV BR (Spiderman Homecoming) and 2 HDR10 discs (John Wick and Hacksaw Ridge).
The Spiderman DV disc brought up the 'DOLBY VISION' flag to both top corners of the LG B6 screen- one from the Oppo and one from the LG I think- multiple times as it went thru the intros and finally to the movie. The HDR10 discs did not trigger any flags from the Oppo. IIRC this was how it worked in the early DV firmware releases from Oppo.
I am hopeful this is fixed, but further testing will confirm.

BTW @rdgrimes , it took a bit more than 5 minutes. If it works, great. But still time I shouldn't need to spend. If the 'official' firmware was actually altered without any kind of notification, that sucks.
Since I installed via network the first time I have no way to compare the size of the firmwares.

Tom
vavan likes this.

post #36616 of 37534 Old 06-29-2019, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdack View Post

Kindest regards
Chris
Quote:
OK. I re-installed the latest firmware. Inserted usb with 'newer' (?) firmware. 203 did not immediately recognize new fw, but when I went into setup and chose usb I got a message that said something to the effect - 'This is the current firmware- do you want to re-install?- which I chose and it installed. I then went into setup > reset to Factory defaults and then after the Oppo-forced power cycle I went back into settings and reset from scratch making sure to set DV to auto.
Doing a quick test it worked with a DV BR (Spiderman Homecoming) and 2 HDR10 discs (John Wick and Hacksaw Ridge).
The Spiderman DV disc brought up the 'DOLBY VISION' flag to both top corners of the LG B6 screen- one from the Oppo and one from the LG I think- multiple times as it went thru the intros and finally to the movie. The HDR10 discs did not trigger any flags from the Oppo. IIRC this was how it worked in the early DV firmware releases from Oppo.
I am hopeful this is fixed, but further testing will confirm.

BTW @rdgrimes , it took a bit more than 5 minutes. If it works, great. But still time I shouldn't need to spend. If the 'official' firmware was actually altered without any kind of notification, that sucks.
Since I installed via network the first time I have no way to compare the size of the firmwares.

Tom
Well done. I wouldn't get too upset about fw versions but be happy all seems well.
Thanks for trying
post #36617 of 37534 Old 06-29-2019, 09:59 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Quote:
5 minutes was obviously a ballpark number implying that it's a fairly quick and painless thing to try...

Sure, it sucks if they altered the official firmware without updating the version number, but would you rather have the problem fixed with a bit of confusion and inconvenience, or be stuck with the problem? We're now stuck in the reality that Oppo has shut down production and is running with a smaller crew than they had before, so I'm thankful for anything we get at this point. We're also getting far less communication from Oppo through beta channels than in the past, but such is life.
post #36618 of 37534 Old 06-29-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
5 minutes was obviously a ballpark number implying that it's a fairly quick and painless thing to try...

Sure, it sucks if they altered the official firmware without updating the version number, but would you rather have the problem fixed with a bit of confusion and inconvenience, or be stuck with the problem? We're now stuck in the reality that Oppo has shut down production and is running with a smaller crew than they had before, so I'm thankful for anything we get at this point. We're also getting far less communication from Oppo through beta channels than in the past, but such is life.
What about all the 20x owner's who were notified by 'automatic firmware notification', upgraded before the possible 'double secret' revision and do not follow this thread?
I hope this fixes the DV problem, but I'm not really sure the official firmware was actually changed and that it actually fixed the problem. I'd still like to have confirmation from Oppo what is really going on. Until then all this is just an unsubstantiated rumor.
Madmax67 and SinGA like this.

post #36619 of 37534 Old 06-29-2019, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Using an Oppo 203/205 together with a Panasonic 820 into an Epson 5040

Hi All,

I have been reading and searching the Epson 5040 thread, the Oppo 203/205 threads and the Panasonic 820 thread, and was hoping for some advice that I don’t think has been covered.

I have an Oppo 205 and an Epson 5040 that I have never been completely happy with the amount of messing around I have to do either spinning 4K discs or 4K from Roku Ultra on a title by title basis. My family is even less impressed! This system is mainly used for movies at night on a Stewart 2.35:1 Cima Neve 138” screen - not a dedicated room and it has white walls etc.

Reading the feed back on the Panasonic 820 I decided to buy one to compare.

With the Panasonic 820 fed directly into the Epson 5040 resulted in a more simply achieved, improved image. Unfortunately I also discovered the issue where the Panasonic/streaming apps need to output 4K/60 4:4:4 to achieve HDR and 3840 x 2160 and will default to 4k/60 4:2:0 (SDR) when fed directly to the 5040. I also managed to get 2K BT2020 by messing with the 820 config but no better.

So I decided to run the Panasonic 820 into the Oppo 205 (HDMI In) at 4K/60 4:4:4 and have the output of the Oppo send 4K/30 4:2:2 to the 5040.
This resulted in HDR and 3840 x 2160. Plus what I believe to be very similar, easy to achieve, images as feeding the 820 direct in to the 5040, probably superior as it was really 4K HDR

Am I missing something here? Can I just use the 205 as a scaler? Is it impacting the image in some way that is not immediately obvious?

I was considering replacing the Oppo 205 but it also is my 2 Channel Analog (Balanced) disc spinner and my USB DAC. So to really replace it I would need to buy a HD Fury Integral for the 820 connection to the Epson 5040 for HDR streaming, and a balanced DAC (USB and Optical) which together will be at least $2K. Probably less than what I could get for the 205 but a bunch of evaluating work and hassle.

Thanks for the advice in advance…….
post #36620 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 12:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Liked: 1843
Exclamation

Well @estabanj , by sending the signal from your 820 through your 205, it is impacting the image in that you're limited to 8bit (HDR is 10bit), as this is the max allowed for 4k/60Hz at 4:4:4 over HDMI:

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4500H (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.4) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Shield
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | TiVo Mini | Roku P+
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - Hobbs & Shaw and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #36621 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 01:16 AM

Liked: 20
Quote:
What about all the 20x owner's who were notified by 'automatic firmware notification', upgraded before the possible 'double secret' revision and do not follow this thread?
I hope this fixes the DV problem, but I'm not really sure the official firmware was actually changed and that it actually fixed the problem. I'd still like to have confirmation from Oppo what is really going on. Until then all this is just an unsubstantiated rumor.
The UDP20X.bin firmware file is just a tar file that any Mac or Linux user can easy unpackage via command line. I just downloaded the latest firmware (65-0131) from Oppo's and opened it up. The timestamp for the included files are from January 31st. Given that it was officially released on February 8th, it looks like the firmware file hasn't changed since then. I would be very surprised if they went out of their way to backdate files.

HTML Code:
[00:14:24] [email protected]:/tmp/oppo>wget -q https://oppodigital-web.s3.amazonaws.com/UDP203/UDP20X-65-0131/UDP20X.bin
[00:14:39] [email protected]:/tmp/oppo>tar xf UDP20X.bin 
[00:14:44] [email protected]:/tmp/oppo>ls -altR
total 296776
drwxr-xr-x   8 george  wheel        256 Jun 30 00:14 UPG/
drwxr-xr-x   4 george  wheel        128 Jun 30 00:14 ./
drwxrwxrwt  88 root    wheel       2816 Jun 30 00:11 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 george  wheel  138086400 Feb  8 15:29 UDP20X.bin

./UPG:
total 286888
drwxr-xr-x  8 george  wheel        256 Jun 30 00:14 ./
drwxr-xr-x  4 george  wheel        128 Jun 30 00:14 ../
-rw-r--r--  1 george  wheel  138019040 Jan 31 00:13 MAIN20X.bin
-rw-r--r--  1 george  wheel        384 Jan 31 00:13 UDP20X.dat
-rw-r--r--  1 george  wheel        384 Jan 31 00:13 UDP20X_new.dat
-rw-r--r--  1 george  wheel        128 Jan 31 00:13 MAIN20X.sign
-rwxr-xr-x  1 george  wheel      29956 Jan 31 00:13 MCU203.bin*
-rwxr-xr-x  1 george  wheel      29956 Jan 31 00:13 MCU205.bin*
[00:14:46] [email protected]:/tmp/oppo>
post #36622 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galonzo View Post
Well @estabanj , by sending the signal from your 820 through your 205, it is impacting the image in that you're limited to 8bit (HDR is 10bit), as this is the max allowed for 4k/60Hz at 4:4:4 over HDMI:
Hi @galonzo ,

I am sorry I wasn’t clear. according to the manual when you select 4K/ 60 4:4:4 on the 820 it sends either 4K/60p (4:4:4/ 8 bit) or 4K/60p (4:2:2/12 bit). I am getting HDR on the HDMI In of the 205 when I press and hold the “i’ Status button and the projector says I am getting HDR too..

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by estabanj; 06-30-2019 at 04:32 PM.
post #36623 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I'm poised to get a Synology NAS DS218 for the primary purpose of streaming music to my Oppo 203, my Denon 4200 and my tablet.

Having done a fair amount of research I'm a little confused as to whether I should be installing/running Media Server as well as Audio Station. I gather Audio Station is the best app for streaming to my tablet but do I need Media Server installed specifically for the Oppo?

Is there anywhere in particular I should be storing my files? And is there anything I need to configure to ensure gapless FLAC playback?

I'm guessing this has been covered a million times before and sorry for being a thicky. Thanks!!
post #36624 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytrekker View Post
I'm poised to get a Synology NAS DS218 for the primary purpose of streaming music to my Oppo 203, my Denon 4200 and my tablet.

Having done a fair amount of research I'm a little confused as to whether I should be installing/running Media Server as well as Audio Station. I gather Audio Station is the best app for streaming to my tablet but do I need Media Server installed specifically for the Oppo?

Is there anywhere in particular I should be storing my files? And is there anything I need to configure to ensure gapless FLAC playback?

I'm guessing this has been covered a million times before and sorry for being a thicky. Thanks!!
The NAS offers both SMB and NFS file sharing which is all the Oppo needs. The onboard NAS streaming apps are DNLA type servers that introduce things like transcoding, media walls, and make gapless playback possible. There's no need to commit to anything beforehand. Get to know the NAS apps and what they do, decide later.
post #36625 of 37534 Old 06-30-2019, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazytrekker View Post

Audiostation is ok, but not required for the oppo. The smb shares (shared folders in synology) will work, but the oppo ui is very basic. But, you'll get the best sound from your rips.

If you are up to it, you can install roon, which works extremely well with the oppo and the synology nas. If you have a small library (GBs) the roon server can run on the synology, otherwise you'll need another server. Roon will maximize the quality of your music library through the oppo, has a very nice ui on your phone/tablet/PC, and will integrate tidal and/or quobuz natively into you library.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

video: Lg 65e6, Oppo uhd-203, Roku ultra, nVidia Shield Pro
audio: Yamaha aventage 3050, ATI AT252NC, martin logan efx 7.1
gaming: Ps4-pro, Psvr, Ps3
other: Synology d216play, Panamax m-5300pm & m-5400pm, a billion smarthome things
post #36626 of 37534 Old 07-01-2019, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinningbull View Post
Audiostation is ok, but not required for the oppo. The smb shares (shared folders in synology) will work, but the oppo ui is very basic. But, you'll get the best sound from your rips.

If you are up to it, you can install roon, which works extremely well with the oppo and the synology nas. If you have a small library (GBs) the roon server can run on the synology, otherwise you'll need another server. Roon will maximize the quality of your music library through the oppo, has a very nice ui on your phone/tablet/PC, and will integrate tidal and/or quobuz natively into you library.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk
Collection wise I have 6500 CDs - though I'm not sure how many I'll realistically be ripping. I also listen to CDs themselves.

I love the look of Roon but the subscription fee kind of puts me off. I'd be paying a subscription to listen to my own music!

Am I correct though that whatever app I use I should install Media Server first?
post #36627 of 37534 Old 07-01-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
I'm not dissing you @SinGA , but the answer you got from Oppo seems like fake news. Or Oppo's customer service/tech has gone down the crapper.
Yes, I agree that it sounds insane. Just imagine my surprise when I was reading their emails.

I did reinstall the firmware, with the Oppo directly connected to the TV, DV set to TV-led, using suggested boot sequence, certified cables, etc etc.

So, after many days of testing and trying different things, I finally figured out what causes the DV handshake to fail ( color shift ).

The problem only occurs if I make changes under Picture Adjustment in Video Setup.

For example, DV works perfectly ( directly connected to the TV or thru my Yamaha AVR ), but as soon as I make any changes to Picture Adjustment ( for example, bump Brightness by +1 ) then play a DV disc, I get the color shift, ie pink mess. Then I can stop the disc, set all values in Picture Adjustment to zero, press play on DV disc and wala, DV works perfectly again. I was able to "break" and "fix" it over and over again, directly connected, or thru my AVR, same behavior.

I assumed that Picture Adjustment settings were bypased or overruled by DV, so I just assumed that my changes to picture adjustment were not related to the problem. I certainly wish I picked up on the correlation sooner!!!

I use a few slight Picture Adjustment settings for HDR10 and BD discs. So, I just made my adjustments for "Mode 2" and switch to that for BD or HDR10. Then I can use Mode 1 ( all values to zero ) for DV. Everything works perfectly, other than me having to switch profiles before hitting play on a disc.

I've let Oppo support know my findings. I hope this helps other folks experiencing the problem!
dcbii, kokishin, galonzo and 4 others like this.
post #36628 of 37534 Old 07-01-2019, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiterstar View Post
I just downloaded the latest firmware (65-0131) from Oppo's and opened it up. The timestamp for the included files are from January 31st. Given that it was officially released on February 8th, it looks like the firmware file hasn't changed since then. I would be very surprised if they went out of their way to backdate files.
Interesting! Certainly sounded like a load of bull, but with my warranty end-date quickly approaching, I had to work it thru their support process. Unfortunately, it wasn't the greatest experience in the world, for sure.

Glad I figured out what triggers the bug, I was getting tired of pulling my entertainment center out, re-wiring my Oppo, reseting to factory defaults, etc etc.

Thanks to those who tried to help , I understand it was crazy and frustrating!
tngiloy likes this.
post #36629 of 37534 Old 07-01-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 37
1-There is actually a difference between what is said back in February in the oppos ’ official page

“Comparing to the previous Official release version UDP20X-60-0625, the major changes included in this version are:
  1. Added the "HDMI IN BYPASS" mode for Dolby Vision pass through via HDMI In. “
These lines are are not present today July

2- All info data (February and July) keeps the same nºs
Release Information
Release date: February 8, 2019
Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: UDP20X-65-0131
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118 (UDP-203), MCU205-01-1220 (UDP-205)

As an European costumer I guess it will be harder for us to get this update straight.
Any way this should not have happened ‘cos lead to potential confusions

Last edited by Nando64; 07-01-2019 at 11:09 AM.
post #36630 of 37534 Old 07-01-2019, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinGA View Post
Interesting! Certainly sounded like a load of bull, but with my warranty end-date quickly approaching, I had to work it thru their support process. Unfortunately, it wasn't the greatest experience in the world, for sure.

Glad I figured out what triggers the bug, I was getting tired of pulling my entertainment center out, re-wiring my Oppo, reseting to factory defaults, etc etc.

Thanks to those who tried to help , I understand it was crazy and frustrating!

IMO.... It's way past the due time for a new firmware release to address the current issues... Maybe one is coming soon... Maybe not.... But When the beta testers stop replying that gets me concerned.. 😕
tngiloy and SinGA like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page