1) Super Bob P. Mentioned to test our cables if they are up to snuff by forcing 444 @ 60 @ 10 bit or 422 @ 60 @ 12 bit. I did that and all was like butta. After the tests I put all setting back to "auto / default", except I changed 24 conversion to "on". As you can see in 1 of the below pics was running 4k HDR10 at 422 @ 60 @ 12 bit w/dolby atmos was a non issue.
But while running said settings or in pause mode & trying then to use the menu while the 203 is obviously cranking is kinda laggy. The moral to the story is until they update try to set any settings prior to playing a movie. Lesson learnt. Running 4k HDR 422 @ 60 @ 12 bit give the 203 a good workout. In time as the groups of brains behind the curtain tweak the code & perfect it further we all will have the hottest 4k BD player on the block. To speed things up they should send their current code to the D-Wave or another super computer to perfect it faster, although at a cost but worth it. Eventually most programs & codes will be done via A.I. = Scary.
2) BD 3D played flabbergastingly (word) well with amazing PQ poppin quality at 444 @ 60 8 bit & actually looked really refreshingly kewl opposed to normal 2D PQ. Too bad the 3D format appears to be losing ground. Hard to imagine PQ any better in any format with a good 3D TV & these high grade rechargeable 3D glasses I got from Amazon. If one listens attentively while watching 3D BD I note the 3D glasses emit a slight high pitched hum fyi = odd.
3) Next it was onto Lucy HDR 4k flix. I unwrapped the new virgin package & popped out the disk ready to insert, but remembered dirty disk issues previously posted. So...I took the disk into the kitchen & put it under a bright light just to make sure. There were about 15 small "dots" all over it that surely would of caused glitches, hiccups & general overall nausea requiring a barf bag. A quick wipe & blow & they were hasta la vista baby! Lesson learnt.
3) Now with all settings at auto Lucy is poppin on the toob & me myself & I are in PQ nirvana. Due to the recording there were bars on the top & bottom, so i set the Zoom to 1.2X. With "full" you lose too much landscape IMO. Gotta admit timestamp at 22:00 was nastyola! I was not ready for all that that extra. I will note the Oppo logo screensaver while watching 4k HDR was like 2 x as bright fyi.
4) The more I play the 203 the better it appears to perform, as it should being recently just birthed as in the above timestamp mentioned. Why are we all so addicted to purdy gurls going around kicking everyone's bootie? Ultraviolet, Lucy, Ripley of Alien, Species, Jennifer's Body, Carrie, Resident Evil...
5) Some don't like to read long posts so I'll keep it short, others just like to look at pictures so I'll post a couple of some home theater chairs I just got from Sam's that replaced a set of microfiber recliners for 12 years, Oh Behave! But I could not resist a powered recliner! Oh yea... it took some time to pop my Auro Bass Shakers onto the bottom springs of the new chairs from the legacy chairs but worth it. For those that missed my prior posts on these shakers just Google them to save my 2 indexes type.
6) One unusual anomaly I will note is that while I am typing this which is taking FOREVER with these 2 slow indexers is that the oppo screensaver logo activates...but then a animated" Universal" logo screensaver takes over removing the Oppo logo which is weird. Then the only way to restart the movie is to hit stop > eject open > close > resume movie option within 10 seconds or get stuck going to the beginning menu. Also HDR10 flashes on the screen in the top left corner for only 2 seconds when the play button is pressed.
Now back to Lucy as she is about to power up a few more levels & kick some more mostly man bootie, why didn't she kick gurls booties btw, too much women's lib going on AFAIK
. We as a society are just fascinated by gurls kicking mens butts! Why? SMH lol
Now the only problem I have is all the residue all over these fingers from the cheesy poofs!
In case I don't post another post b4 12/31/16 I wish all my fellow AVS'ers a safe & Happy PQ filled New Year!
See (or read) you all next year.
Couch Potato out.
Update 1: regarding the "Universal" screensaver logo that magically appears without anyone asking you cannot simply hit the play or pause button...otherwise you will have to actually hit EJECT to regain control to play until they are aware of said issue at Oppo. Unless you know this: You simply must hit the center enter button on the remote! Weird I know but true. You will lose your prior set zoom level & have to reset it btw. When done watching the movie I hit the stop button but only got a grey screen. You have to hit the open disk eject button to get the menu back up fyi. Lesson learnt x 3.
Update 2: Another poster said when the Universal logo appears to get back to the movie we can also hit the "yellow" button on the remote. Wow. Who wudda thunk that? lol I feel sorry for those that are not in the AVS'ers "inner circle".
Reminds me I need to watch "meet the parents again"!