Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 168 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278942Likes

post #5011 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
You may need to select the Movie Mode (Sound Mode) to cycle through those options on the AVR.

I was just posting when I saw your post. Yes, I did try that and therein lies the issue. When I select Dolby TrueHD Atmos / DSU setting, the display initially shows that, but settles down to showing Dolby TrueHD (see attachments 1 and 2). However, when I select Dolby Atmos/ Neural X, the display settles down to show Atmos. Maybe in the case when I select Atmos/ DSU, the display ends up just showing Dolby TrueHD (and not Atmos)?

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	1863153   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	1863161   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	1863169   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	1863177  

Nikhil
http://www.lihkin.net

Definitive Technology Mythos ST-Ls (Fronts), Definitive Technology CS8080HD (Center), Definitive Technology Gem XLs (Surrounds), Definitive Technology DI 6.5R (5.1.4 Atmos), JTR Captivator 1400, Denon X4200W, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Player, Onkyo M-5010 Amp, Onkyo C-7030
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5012 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
I think you need to clean your disks then....

Congrats, you get to be the first I've ever blocked/ignored here on the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5013 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:31 PM
wl1
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWildersHair View Post
Congrats, you get to be the first I've ever blocked/ignored here on the forums.

You should ask for a new sense of humour next Christmas....
muzz, gwsat, Operon and 2 others like this.

Ken Kreisel Twin DXD808, Q125 LCR, x4 Q125 TriFX, x4 QFH - for Atmos 7.2.4/Auro 9.2/DTS:X 11.2
Oppo 93 & 203 & Sony VPLHW55ES PJ with Lumagen 2020, 2.35:1 Seymour AT XD screen. Logitech Ultimate One & Hub, SqBox Touch & Philips Hue. Nakamichi AVP1 with Denon X7200WA. With MiniDSP 2x4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5014 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:36 PM
wl1
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shniks View Post
I was just posting when I saw your post. Yes, I did try that and therein lies the issue. When I select Dolby TrueHD Atmos / DSU setting, the display initially shows that, but settles down to showing Dolby TrueHD (see attachments 1 and 2). However, when I select Dolby Atmos/ Neural X, the display settles down to show Atmos. Maybe in the case when I select Atmos/ DSU, the display ends up just showing Dolby TrueHD (and not Atmos)?

Cheers,
Your AVR Display is showing two lines of info at the same time, not one. See the Scrolls? Is it possible you are selecting the wrong one?

I assume you have the AVR Info Turned OFF from showing on the Display Screen? It is much clearer, as many options are shown.

Ken Kreisel Twin DXD808, Q125 LCR, x4 Q125 TriFX, x4 QFH - for Atmos 7.2.4/Auro 9.2/DTS:X 11.2
Oppo 93 & 203 & Sony VPLHW55ES PJ with Lumagen 2020, 2.35:1 Seymour AT XD screen. Logitech Ultimate One & Hub, SqBox Touch & Philips Hue. Nakamichi AVP1 with Denon X7200WA. With MiniDSP 2x4.
post #5015 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fete26 View Post
Also, I just read it and I took it as the reason it is going to HDMI2.0b is for HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) HDR not Dolby Vision. That's just my take.
You can certainly read it that way, and that's probably what they intended. They probably did not think in terms of people like me who did formal logic in their university degrees. You learn really quickly that the order in which phrases occur can affect their meaning in conversation even if it should not affect their meaning logically. In formal logic the sentence "Jill got married and got pregnant" should mean exactly the same as "Jill got pregnant and got married". In formal logic, the order of the things you connect with an "and" makes no difference to the meaning of the statement but in ordinary conversation it does.

Do to much of that stuff, and I probably did do too much, and not only do you never get rid of it, you start paying attention to the order in which things are said and start seeing things in statements that most other people don't see.

Like I said, it's probably just me but that sentence the way Oppo phrased it was quite ambiguous to me and one of the possible meanings was that DV needs HDMI 2.0b and it's not certain that the E6 will get HDMI 2.0b capability, and it's also not clear that the LF will get HLG capability for that matter but that's another bag of worms to open when someone decides to start talking about HLG worms to add to their content. I'm not aware of any HLG content at this stage so that's currently a non-issue for me.
post #5016 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Could someone please send me the beta firmware via PM? Oppo isn't responding and I don't want to be stuck all weekend with a stuttering player.
post #5017 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked: 3147
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWildersHair View Post
This is the type of reply that is completely unnecessary! Without even knowing what type of cable, or cables he's using, and knowing that many have been having these same issues (with many posts here about them), and most if not all of these people including myself, have high speed premium cables! It is NOT our cables.

Agree. But I would say the ensuring they have that certified sticker is important unless you are using 2 - the the audio needn't be more than 1.4 capable. Thread is all over the place and not necessarily in a good way. Guess that's called the good with the bad.

Great hair by the way, even at 56 I still enjoy Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Gene was great in that flick.
GeneWildersHair likes this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #5018 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Thanks to everyone who is doing all this analysis. I only have one UHD disc at this point (XMen Apocalypse) as I have the 203 about a week and a half. Using a Sony XBR55X850C and a Marantz 5010.
diverdra likes this.
post #5019 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
Could someone please send me the beta firmware via PM? Oppo isn't responding and I don't want to be stuck all weekend with a stuttering player.
Imagine. We in Europe are still stuck with 1209 firmware (no betas for EU model) and each day I am getting more and more frustrated with this player. I have emailed 8(!!!) bugs and not a single response from Oppo UK.
diverdra likes this.
post #5020 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Dave, alas, but it doesn't look this will confirm.

One of the other Beta Testers just reported that his copy of "Lucy", UHD -- same bar code number as yours -- is loading fine despite BD-Live OFF and Networking ON.

So there's something else going on here that we haven't sussed out yet.

--Bob

Mine plays fine also. I've been lurking since mine came in last week. I have not had any issues other than stutters every so often. Sometimes when it happens then lip sync problems. All it takes for me is to skip back a chapter to fix it. Setup is oppo going to marantz 7010 then marantz to epson 5040. I too had the Samsung and had zero issues with it. So I'm a little disappointed with oppo but I'm patient and don't like to bitch. Although if these things don't get fixed in couple weeks I might turn into a canary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5021 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Just wanted to add to the LUCY issue. I am in London and have the following problems with LUCY and my 203.

The Disc goes through the initial load process but then stops without displaying any menus.

You can get it to start by pressing the enter key. Any attempt to press start or pause shows up with a no entry sign at the top right of the screen.

After pressing enter it then brings up a picture of Lucy and stops there.

You then press enter again and it starts to play the movie but with Japanese sub titles. This can be changed
by going into the subtitle menu. Once the movie starts everything works well.

My disc is a European version and non of the suggestion like made above makes any difference to this problem.

Bar code number on my disc is 5 053083 093815

I have seen many on the London AVforum with similar problems to mine.
post #5022 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 7012 Post(s)
Liked: 3561
Arrow Oppo 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaytheDreamer View Post
David, I have no big idea about Darbee and never used any of their processors, but in the article's comment section, one poster asked this to the reviewer and he said there is in fact a Darbee 4K in development which they showed in CEDIA 2016 for a limited invited only audience and will showcase in CES 2017 (please scroll down to comments).

And This. (I think in contradiction to popular assumption Darbee is in fact doing something on 4K behind screens).

Anyway I would really like to see a comparison of audio between Panny 900 and Oppo 203 if any one our members own both with a good audio system / speakers.
Good catch, good link, good post.
JaytheDreamer likes this.
post #5023 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shniks View Post
Hi guys - my 203 was working fine until yesterday (I have the TV connected via HDMI (Main) and audio via the secondary HDMI as I have a 1080p TV and Oppo is working on the single HDMI bug).. I have the Oppo connected to the Denon 4200 receiver. Until today, when I played Atmos BR discs, the Denon would show Dolby Atmos in the front panel display. Since this morning, the display only shows 'Dolby TrueHD' (not Atmos as it did before). The Oppo is set to Bitstream (nothing touched there). Any ideas what might be going on? Some setting on the Denon?

Thanks much,

Cheers,

I have a Marantz 7010 so we're in the same family. The Marantz lets you switch between sound modes while the movie is playing. Make sure you didn't accidentally switch from Dolby Atmos to Dolby True HD. Look for a "Mode:Movie" button on the Denon remote.

Marantz 7010 AVR --->7.2.4, LG OLED65E6, Oppo UDP-203, Onkyo TX-750 (2nd amp), Elac UF5 Front, DCM CX-Center, Elac UB5 Surrounds Polk A4 (Back) Energy CB-20 x 4 (ceiling) Hsu VTF2-MK4 x 2 Subs, Harmony Elite
post #5024 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Good catch, good link, good post.
http://www.ingearpr.com/DarbeeVision/160614.html

http://www.ingearpr.com/DarbeeVision/160616.html

Posted six months ago on the DarbeeVision website...doesn't really say all that much, but hopefully to expect a 4K capable Darblet sometime in 2017....at least they're working on it!!!
post #5025 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FQs19 View Post
I'm using 1 HDMI cable to my Pioneer SC99 which outputs to my Samsung TV and Sony Projector.

Sony Projector input set to Full dynamic range and the Oppo 203 in Auto on everything:
HDR = Auto
Output Res = Auto
Custom Res = UHD Auto
Color Space = Auto
Color Depth = Auto

When watching a UHD I'm getting BT2020 4:2:2 12bit

I had to adjust the Oppo picture Mode settings for UHD HDR to the following while looking at Calibration Test images from R.Masciola's UHD/HDR-10 Test Pattern Suite:
Brightness = +8
Contrast = -9
Saturation = +10
I also have the 665es paired with the Oppo. I haven't used R.Masciola's test pattern suite yet but plan to shortly. In the meantime, can you give me an idea on the ambient light level in your room? I'm going to use the Oppo picture adjustments you listed but was curious if your room is as dark as mine (practically no ambient light whatsoever). Also, what type of screen? I'm using a Black Diamond 1.4 gain screen. Thanks.

Sony 665es 4K Projector; SI Black Diamond 133"
Anthem AVM60 Pre-Pro; Anthem 525 and 325 Amps
Oppo UDP-203 4K UHD Blu Ray Player, Roku Ultra, Apple TV4, PS4
Paradigm Persona 3F (fronts), Paradigm Prestige 45C center, Bryston Mini A (rears), M&K IW-95 (surrounds), dual PSA S3010 subs
post #5026 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
Agree. But I would say the ensuring they have that certified sticker is important unless you are using 2 - the the audio needn't be more than 1.4 capable. Thread is all over the place and not necessarily in a good way. Guess that's called the good with the bad.

Great hair by the way, even at 56 I still enjoy Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Gene was great in that flick.

Yes Gene was awesome. Speaking of split configuration, this is how mine, and my friend's 203 is set up as well, and we are both using high speed cables we've used for our other uhd players, (him the Panasonic 900, and I the Samsung k8500). Both of those worked fine with these cables, but both of our 203's are randomly dropping audio. We've even tried the disc cleaning, and I've even swapped cables, still the problem persists. I've contacted Oppo, and they claim to be looking to replicate the issue. I understand it may take them sometime to fix it because they have to find these random issues, and I am dealing with the annoyance for now.

post #5027 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I got my 203 yesterday, but honestly I am afraid, no discouraged, no outraged at all the problems you that are more knowledgeable then I have been having. I do not want to even open the box. While it seems many people enjoy the challenge of making it work, which pardon me, is like pissing into the wind, I for one would just like it to work. I never wanted to be a beta tester.

Oppo has a good reputation and I am sure they will issue updates to fix all these problems but I have no desire to go through the effort of set-up only to experience what so many have, failure of these units to perform basic tasks. We are all on a 30 day time clock to return these units. I am not unboxing mine until Oppo does something besides helping certain individuals with certain problems. Day 25 I will be sending it back unless Oppo comes through.

Oppo what have you done to yourself?
healthnut likes this.
post #5028 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgoodrecord View Post
hi Guys,
Finally got the udp 203. Pop my first 4K uhd disc X-men apocalypse and i must say im disappointed on the picture quality, its soft and less sharp then my bdp 105d upscale to 4K. HDR is on and color space BT2020. I even had sharpness settings to 8 on the 203, video out direct to the projector hcdp 2.2 input. Using high speed hdmi 2.0. What am i doing wrong? Does it need to break in for a few hours? does the picture quality gets better after breaking in? Anybody have the same experience?
Then pop 2nd 4K disc Star Trek Beyond and im still upset. this time the is very dark. darker then the 1080p blu ray disc. What is going on? is suppose to be better but is now worst.
now im thinking that the bdp 105d performed better in terms of PQ. is it because it has darbee?
The very first UDH I watched on my 203, I thought the same thing. Then, I finally realised I had put the bluray disc in and not the UHD disc. *doh*

Television: LG SUPER UHD 4K TV 55'' [55UH850T] / Receiver: DENON AVR-X2300W / Blu-Ray Player: OPPO UDP-203
Main Speakers: KLIPSCH KG 2.5 / Centre Speaker: KLIPSCH KV 1
Surround Speakers (x4): CAMBRIDGE AUDIO Minx 22 / Sub-Woofer: ENERGY XL-S8
post #5029 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGou View Post
I got my 203 yesterday, but honestly I am afraid, no discouraged, no outraged at all the problems you that are more knowledgeable then I have been having. I do not want to even open the box. While it seems many people enjoy the challenge of making it work, which pardon me, is like pissing into the wind, I for one would just like it to work. I never wanted to be a beta tester.

Oppo has a good reputation and I am sure they will issue updates to fix all these problems but I have no desire to go through the effort of set-up only to experience what so many have, failure of these units to perform basic tasks. We are all on a 30 day time clock to return these units. I am not unboxing mine until Oppo does something besides helping certain individuals with certain problems. Day 25 I will be sending it back unless Oppo comes through.

Oppo what have you done to yourself?

I'm having some stuttering issues (albeit very rare) but nothing as bothersome as my audio dropouts! That said, I have total confidence Oppo will fix these issues. I won't be returning mine so quickly. If they don't end up fixing it within a couple of months, or can't be fixed at all, well at that point I think it would be safe to say they've sold many lemons, and there are ways to handle such a thing through the legal system, especially when there are many of us have the same issues. With a two year warranty though, I doubt it will have to come to that.

post #5030 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhernandez1986 View Post
Anyone had a chance to watch Angry Birds or Sausage Party on Sony HDR TV? I have X940C and the image I get on both movies is dull and colorless. Especially compared to their blu ray counterparts. The other stuff I watch looks great and colors have pop except these 2 movies that are both made by Sony. Can someone please help I almost feel like purchasing UB900 to see if it is the UDP-203?
On my Sony 940D Angry Birds was outstanding. It is my goto Netflix animation just for pure eye candy. I don't think an animated movie can get any better with its luscious colors even from a UHD but I could be wrong as I don't own the disc. The colors do indeed pop. Angry Birds is the one title that got my wife involved in praising this new TV. Of course I am watching Angry Birds from the Sony TV Netflix App. I also have the 930D but too busy watching UHD movies on my 203. A UHD disc should be just as good or better. If not something is definitely wrong.

Sony 75Z9D, Denon 4300H, Sony 65Z9D, Denon X4311, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4K, X1X Scorpio
post #5031 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:31 PM

Thumbs up Oppo 203 - Good tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Ever since I switched Standby mode from Energy saving, to Network Standby, I have had no issues with the 203.
No audio sync issues, no grey screen issues, no stopping issues.
Good tip, right on! And Bob mentioned it few times too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aiken View Post
Don't know if I saw that when it was posted by Darbee but can't remember any reports of a 4K Darbee demo at CES and I've heard nothing more about progress on a 4K Darbee solution since then. Lack of news of progress does not automatically mean lack of progress but when we're talking about a commercial product that they were apparently trying to impress people with a year ago, lack of news of progress does not look promising.

Anyway it seems I could be wrong and Susilo did see a demo.
Someone asked him, and his answer is right there for everyone to see.

"Darbee have shown a 4K solution at CEDIA (not to public), and again later at CES2017 (by invitation only).
It's not a single-box solution."
- David Susilo

http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHea...rayPlayer.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I can only imagine how difficult it would be to make a Darbee that would work properly with SDR blu ray, HDR10 UHD and DV HDR.
http://www.ingearpr.com/DarbeeVision/160614.html
post #5032 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 302
This model has no streaming apps (i.e. netflix etc), correct?
post #5033 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 453
If someone has the below configuration and could test something for me I would appreciate it.

OPPO - using the HDMI audio out to an AVR that decodes Dolby Digital Plus (Netflix) that does not have HDMI 2.2.

Chromecast Ultra - if someone has a CC ultra. Could you plug it into the OPPO's HDMI IN HDMI port.

Netflix on the Chromecast Ultra - Could someone check and see if the Chromecast Ultra will pass a 5.1 signal through the OPPO to the AVR and let me know if the AVR is able to decode the 5.1 signal.

Please quote post so I get a notification. Much appreciated.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #5034 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:35 PM

Arrow Oppo 203

Quote:
This model has no streaming apps (i.e. netflix etc), correct?
Correct.
post #5035 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
Correct.
Thanks.

Welp, I will have to hold off on this one as my TV doesn't have those apps and therefore need to continue to use the 93 to stream. I don't have a 4K TV yet anyway.
post #5036 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 183
I am sorry there are issues and I agree and understand that is frustrating but I don't understand people prearrival or to the point they don't want to take it out of the box.

I got mine and immediately set it up and it played the two UHD disks I watched flawlessly.
muzz, captainbrent and OfficialPG like this.

Denon AVR-X7200WA, SVS Prime Tower & Ultra Center, Klipsch R-2650 HSU VTF-15H MK2, Sony XBR 75X940D & 75X910C, OPPO BDP-93, Panasonic DP-UB820, Sony UBP-X800, Samsung UBD K8500, Roku Ultra, Hopper 3, HTPC, Technics SL-BD22D
post #5037 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by creasyb001 View Post
I also have the 665es paired with the Oppo. I haven't used R.Masciola's test pattern suite yet but plan to shortly. In the meantime, can you give me an idea on the ambient light level in your room? I'm going to use the Oppo picture adjustments you listed but was curious if your room is as dark as mine (practically no ambient light whatsoever). Also, what type of screen? I'm using a Black Diamond 1.4 gain screen. Thanks.
I just had the Oppo send my 665es a 4:4:4 8bit image when set to UHD Auto like you previously reported.

I believe it has something to do with when each piece of equipment was turned on but I'll have to test further.
I turned my 665es on then the Pioneer SC99 on 15 seconds later then the Oppo 5 seconds after that.
Turning the Oppo off and on did not make UHD Auto work. I did not turn off the 665es to see if UHD Auto started to work properly.
I had to force 4:2:2 to get it to output 12bit color depth.
I'm too tired to keep testing tonight but leaving everything in Auto except Color Space which is set at 4:2:2, results in the correct image on the 665es.
So I'm just going to leave the Oppo like that until further updates come out that specifically talk about this error.

As far as my light levels:
I'm watching in my basement with no windows and I have no lights on.
So almost complete darkness. AV equipment lights are giving off some ambient light.

I'm using a 5yr. old Elite ezFrame fixed frame screen model ELIR100WH1 with 1.1 gain.

Projector - Sony VPL-VW665ES TV - LG OLED55C7P
UHD Player - Oppo UDP-203 Streamer - Nvidia Shield Pro TV (2017)
AVR - Yamaha RX-A3070 HDMI Cables - Audio Quest Cinnamon 2, 8, and 10 meters
post #5038 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Greetings all,

My 203 showed up yesterday and I'm in the process of installing/configuring. However, out of the box the 203 will power up but will not recognize commands from the remote nor will it operate from the front panel as it is non-responsive. Once powered on it will not power off unless I pull the power cord. Any suggestions?

Oppo UDP-203, Anthem AVM50V 3D, Proceed Amp 3, B&K ST-125.2, Cary Audio 306/200, Apple TV 4K, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Mk2 W Bridge2, Audeze LCD-2 F 2016, Mac Mini-Tidal HiFi/Roon, Apple iPad Pro/Roon Remote, Sony XBR65X930C, Sonus faber Luito Towers, Sonus faber Luito Monitors, Sonus faber Smart Center Channel, REL T2, Sony SWF-BR100W Wireless Subwoofer for 930C
post #5039 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 07:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by timc1475 View Post
For kicks I was playing with the settings & found some interesting things the short of it is..well there is no short of it, so just look at all the purdy pictures below if you have a short attn span, otherwise the long of it is in the spoiler below:

Spoiler!
That was MOST entertaining... Enjoyed the pics too. Can't wait to sit in mine! Still boxed for a couple months (as is the Oppo)......

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #5040 of 36896 Old 12-30-2016, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arftech View Post
Greetings all,

My 203 showed up yesterday and I'm in the process of installing/configuring. However, out of the box the 203 will power up but will not recognize commands from the remote nor will it operate from the front panel as it is non-responsive. Once powered on it will not power off unless I pull the power cord. Any suggestions?
I had this same fresh out-of-the-box experience. But it cleared after the first hard power cycle and has been fine ever since.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page