Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 256 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279164Likes

post #7651 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
You are in Norway, so you likely have the European version of the OPPO 203. The firmware you tried to install is for the North America version.

The European version of the firmware is found on the OPPO UK site. Here:

https://www.oppodigital.co.uk/beta-f...U-players.html

As you discovered, the European player won't let you mistakenly install the firmware for the North American player. But download the correct version, and you should be fine.
--Bob
Thx.
The upgrade went without hick ups and the setup menu confirms correct versio, however no remedy for the audio.

Bryston SP4/ATI AT527/Panasonic DP-UB9000/LG OLED 65E6V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7652 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscultho View Post
So, finally got around to doing some comparisons for myself...Oppo-203, Samsung K8500, and a regular Panasonic Blu Ray player

The regular Panny BR player isn't even close, so need to mention it.

For me and my equipment - XBR-75940C, SC-95, AudioQuest Pearl 8ft cables...

Blu-Ray and DVD - winner: Samsung K8500
The Oppo's images for both these types of sources were flat when it upsampled and sent to TV. When I set output to Source Direct and sent to TV, the 940C upscaled them dramatically. Used Master and Commander DVD, and Prometheus BR, and a few others of each type.

4K HDR winner: Oppo-203
The HDR 4k (played Independence Day Resurgence)

With the Oppo settings to Auto, DVD's and BR's went to TV upsampled to 4:2:2, 12 bit, according to "information" from Oppo. When I set to Source Direct, the information indicated resolution was in fact what was being played, and picture on the 940C was noticeably better.

I could not get the Oppo to output BR's or DVD's at their native resolution when the settings were set to optimal for 4K (HDR "on", Res - UHD Auto, 4:4:4, 10 bit. I tried every combination I could, but when the player would always upsample the DVD or BR to 2160P and 4:4:4, 10 bit.

I don't have a UB900, but I am now considering getting one to at least compare.

Also, I rented "Ms Pereguine's Peculiar Children" (BR, form Redbox) and got stutter a few times. First time I have ever seen my player do this. It may been due to the fact that it was a Redbox disc...

So, if I get a Panasonic UB900 and it is better (to my eyes), I guess I will need to decide whether to keep the Oppo. I have about 2 weeks to send back in the 30 day window.
Here's my take on source direct w/the 203 & my SonyX930D, & why PQ looks better. I think the 203 "interferes" w/the data originated by the HDR disc when utilizing the auto function. Not sure why, but after an email from the folks @ Oppo, I feel this will be corrected. Just to be clear, love the 203, & want to emphasize within their response, that they indicated their player will be the "reference 4K Player" in our marketplace. I believe that will be the case as we move forward.
post #7653 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3858 Post(s)
Liked: 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreman View Post
Thx.
The upgrade went without hick ups and the setup menu confirms correct versio, however no remedy for the audio.
As you noted, if the player has a handshake on HDMI-2 there shouldn't be any audio on HDMI-1 at the TV. Try a different input on the Cary, try a different cable. This *should* work. BTW, the players OSD info display will tell you what audio is being sent and to where.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7654 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5835 Post(s)
Liked: 8309
Quote:
Firmware says 20XEU-29-1209 updated successfully today.
I can confirm that I am using the audio only HDMI port towards my SP, however I also tried the main one with no success.
Some sink devices need to see a >720p video signal along with the audio in order to work. I wonder if the issue lays here?
Go back to your original configuration: Main HDMI from the OPPO direct to your display and Audio HDMI from the OPPO to the Cary.

Now also physically disconnect the HDMI *OUTPUT* cable from the Cary.

Does that get you audio via the Cary?
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #7655 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My player all of a sudden will not out-put any video. Switched cables, inputs, direct to TV, via receiver, nothing. I can get audio from the audio only HDMI port but thats it. Have tried everything on OPPO's site, still no joy. Was working fine last night. Today I was listening to a SACD and noticed there was no video signal to the TV, but I thought it might bypass the video in that mode. Went to watch a movie tonight and nothing. Have an email to OPPO. I think the port died.
post #7656 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Go back to your original configuration: Main HDMI from the OPPO direct to your display and Audio HDMI from the OPPO to the Cary.

Now also physically disconnect the HDMI *OUTPUT* cable from the Cary.

Does that get you audio via the Cary?
--Bob
I am not using the HDMI output from the Cary, because it doesn't pass through 4k. The way it is connected is HDMI Main via DVDO Quick6R and direct to my LG OLED65E6V and HDMI audio only to my Cary via a 4k certified, short HDMI cable.
Picture and sound on tv via HDMI Main works flawlessly.
jude924 likes this.

post #7657 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattebury1 View Post
My player all of a sudden will not out-put any video. Switched cables, inputs, direct to TV, via receiver, nothing. I can audio from the audio only HDMI port but thats it. Have tried everything on OPPO's site, still no joy. Was working fine last night. Today I was listening to a SACD and noticed there was no video signal to the TV, but I thought it might bypass the video. Went to watch a movie tonight and nothing. Have an email to OPPO. I think the port died.
Start by doing a complete reboot of the player:

1) Power down
2) Pull the wall plug
3) While still unplugged, press and hold Front Panel Power button for a few seconds -- this is to discharge any residual power
4) Plug back in and power up

If that doesn't cure it, press Resolution button, lower left on the Remote. One of three things will appear in the Front Panel: Auto, Custom, or Direct. Use Up/Down Arrow to change to to Direct and then press Enter. This selects Source Direct output.

If that doesn't cure it, put an SD-DVD in the Tray and Play it. That will put 480i video out on the HDMI cable (since you set Source Direct output above).

If still no luck, try again with your tests of a different HDMI Cable and a different input into the TV, but now with this 480i signal.

That's about as much as you can do on your own. If still no video, odds are your player needs to be swapped out.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #7658 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
I am not using the HDMI output from the Cary, because it doesn't pass through 4k. The way it is connected is HDMI Main via DVDO Quick6R and direct to my LG OLED65E6V and HDMI audio only to my Cary via a 4k certified, short HDMI cable.
Picture and sound on tv via HDMI Main works flawlessly.
I understand you are not USING the HDMI output of the Cary, but is there a cable connected to that output of the Cary? If so, unplug it and see if your audio now works.

--Bob

post #7659 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I understand you are not USING the HDMI output of the Cary, but is there a cable connected to that output of the Cary? If so, unplug it and see if your audio now works.

--Bob
I think I know where your hypothesis is going, however the HDMI output on the Cary is not used, i.e. no cable is inserted into that port, so there isn't anything to unplug....

The Cary has been a nightmare since arrival and thank God it will soon be replaced with the Classé Sigma SSP MKII. Having said this, I think the mismatch with Oppo is not Cary alone since it works with other HDMI sources, e.g. my EC EMP3 multiplayer, which is based on Oppo 103.

post #7660 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ The Audio HDMI output sends out 1080p/24 or 1080p/60 -- a black screen of video -- with the appropriate audio. It is an HDMI v1.4 output, which should work with the v1.3 of your Cary. Basically it's the same level of HDMI that the 103 sends out.

When you have audio on Main HDMI, that means the 203 does not believe there's anything connected to the Audio HDMI output. If you bring up the on-screen Info display (press Info button), and then press Page Up or Page Down to change what those two lines show, the bottom line will now show what is going out on the two HDMI outputs.

Odds are it will say HDMI (Audio Only) has No Connection.

At this point, you should pass on the information to OPPO Tech Support to see if they have anything else for you to try.
--Bob

post #7661 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Could you double check that you have 1229B installed? It helped with both dropped frames and UHD spin noise.

Maybe try Reset Factory Defaults and test again?

-Bill
I did a full reset after installing the beta firmware. Suppose I can do another reset.

The UHD spin up noise is not terrible just that I notice it and it is louder than when it is just playing the disc.
Without a reference I do not know how loud it was before since I did not run anything before updating due to it being the default firmware; 1206 I think it was.

The frame drop is not as severe as it seems others were experiencing which makes me infer that perhaps the player is outputting 60fps instead of 59.94. It is subtle enough that perhaps many are not noticing it now but since I am extremely familiar with ST09 that it is more apparent.

Rewinding just means it occurs later since it does not always occur in the same spot. Even if I return to the beginning of the chapter and wait for it happen again in the same place.
Craig Mecak likes this.

Politics is like a corral, no matter where you are you'll always be shoveling it.
post #7662 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Not sending 4K, only 1080 from 203 ... reboot solved.

Odd output from Oppo 203 today.

No changes made from yesterday.

Put in a new Star Trek Beyond 4K UHD bluray. Disc info shows 4K info; 4:2:0 and 10 bit, but no matter what I do from HDR, SDR, Strip, and auto to custom the unit will only output 1080 in BT2020 4.4.4 or 4.2.2 in the appropriate 8-12 bit.

If you play with settings during the movie ... pink screen ... every time. Need to stop and restart.

Pop in another 4K UHD movie and same thing ... pink screens and all . Can't figure this one ... have had latest public beta firmware since it came out.

The main Oppo home screen displays 4K resolution ... but movies do not.

Anyone experience this ... Oppo into Marantz 5010 into Sony XBR79X900b?

UPDATE: Tried going to a 2 HDMI setup for sound and video and all seemed to resolve. Went back to 1 HDI and now 4K? It appears once I rebooted before making the cable switch the Oppo came back to life. That is odd.

Marantz 5010
Panamax MR5300 PM
Definitive Technology Atmos 7.2 set-up with BP8080's, CS8080, and SR8080
Oppo UDP 203 (replaced old faithful BDP 83)
Sony XBR 79X900B

Last edited by Jake6460; 01-14-2017 at 05:13 PM. Reason: updated outcome
post #7663 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
I watched Jason Bourne last night did have a single video dropout during one of the scene's in Greece. I also had a point where I paused the movie and had it stutter when starting back up. I thought for a moment it was going to freeze up on me, but it got playing again and all was good.

One of the reasons I have always wanted to go to Oppo was seeing the level of support they give for their players over time, and I no doubt believe that will happen with the 203. Honestly looking at the launch of UHD the whole thing does seem a lot smoother then when Blu-Ray first appeared.
You never know it with the Hysteria I see online everyday.

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #7664 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:10 PM
boe
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
This really shouldn't be a surprise. Its pretty well known that the 103 ignores Cinavia in files and the 203 does not. This is what its designed to do. Thank the BDA for the UHD player licensing restrictions.

Thanks while it isn't a surprise - it sure does suck (I already gave away the 103 from my living room). I figure those of us who do stream to our Oppo might want to know.
post #7665 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
^ The Audio HDMI output sends out 1080p/24 or 1080p/60 -- a black screen of video -- with the appropriate audio. It is an HDMI v1.4 output, which should work with the v1.3 of your Cary. Basically it's the same level of HDMI that the 103 sends out.

When you have audio on Main HDMI, that means the 203 does not believe there's anything connected to the Audio HDMI output. If you bring up the on-screen Info display (press Info button), and then press Page Up or Page Down to change what those two lines show, the bottom line will now show what is going out on the two HDMI outputs.

Odds are it will say HDMI (Audio Only) has No Connection.

At this point, you should pass on the information to OPPO Tech Support to see if they have anything else for you to try.
--Bob
Thanks for being persistent - really appreciated
When no sound from tv, the HDMI (Main) says No Audio and HDMI (Audio Only) says Bitstream (Cary HDMI is set to bitstream).
When I switch off the Cary, HDMI (Main) says LPCM 2.0 48k, while HDMI (Audio Only) says: Not connected.
My verdict is that from the above it seems that things are normal as you predicted and that the Cary locks on (or Oppo knows it is connected to a sink device) but the Cary seems unable to cope with 1080p and DTSMA 7.1 (disc is The Revenant in this case).

post #7666 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 319
First Hiccup

While playing "Deepwater Horizon" I managed to lock the player up when I went from chapter four to chapter ten. What was strange is it would let me change to chapter nine or eleven but as soon as it switched to that chapter, it would lock up again. I had to hit stop and resume play for it to act normal again. I've watched the movie several times since I got it last week with no problems. Disc was clean. Now if this had happened yesterday Friday the 13th, I would understand. I'm on the latest firmware 1229B.

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Denon AVR X-4500H,AudioSource 2 channel amp,(3) Hsu CCB-8 bookshelf speakers, (2) Hsu HB-1 speakers,(Monoprice Monolith 28" speaker stands, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, 10" Monolith THX sub, Roku Ultra, Amazon Fire TV4K, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables
post #7667 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Thanks for being persistent - really appreciated
When no sound from tv, the HDMI (Main) says No Audio and HDMI (Audio Only) says Bitstream (Cary HDMI is set to bitstream).
When I switch off the Cary, HDMI (Main) says LPCM 2.0 48k, while HDMI (Audio Only) says: Not connected.
My verdict is that from the above it seems that things are normal as you predicted and that the Cary locks on (or Oppo knows it is connected to a sink device) but the Cary seems unable to cope with 1080p and DTSMA 7.1 (disc is The Revenant in this case).
Those are actually different results than I thought you had stated above. I thought you had stated you were getting audio on the TV when there was no audio (but should have been) on the Cary.

So the OPPO thinks it is sending Bitstream audio to the Carry. Which means what's likely happening here is the audio is muted due to failure to pass the Copy Protection check into the Cary.

Try setting the HDMI Audio output to LPCM and see if that gives you anything. The Info display should say that LPCM 7.1 is going to the Cary (or 5.1 if the Cary can't handle 7.1).

Also, with HDMI Audio set back to Bitstream, try turning Secondary Audio ON. That should get you lossy DTS 5.1 on the HDMI cable to the Carry.
--Bob

post #7668 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb442386 View Post
Here's my take on source direct w/the 203 & my SonyX930D, & why PQ looks better. I think the 203 "interferes" w/the data originated by the HDR disc when utilizing the auto function. Not sure why, but after an email from the folks @ Oppo, I feel this will be corrected. Just to be clear, love the 203, & want to emphasize within their response, that they indicated their player will be the "reference 4K Player" in our marketplace. I believe that will be the case as we move forward.
When I set the resolution to source direct the DVD and BR resolutions are output and my 940C upscales them. The 4K output when set to source direct is 4:2:2 8 bit. The 940C does not upscale this image and it looks flat. The TV is not gonna upscale 4K source as was pointed out earlier.

When I put setting to UHD auto, 4:4:4, 10 bit to get the best 4K image, it looks pretty good. But, of course, I have to change the settings back to source direct for non-4K discs.

I'd like to be able to set the output resolution for 4K material to my displays' native maximums (4:4:4, 10 bit, HDR, deep color) and for non-4K, source direct. It would be great if Oppo was able to make this possible in the settings.

As I stated earlier, "Auto" on everything doesn't work for me.

Sony XBR-75X940C, Pioneer SC-95, Panasonic DMP-UB900, Samsung UHD-K8500, Dish Hopper 3, Western Digital Live with Various video (non 4K stuff, audio)
post #7669 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMFDMvsEnya View Post
I did a full reset after installing the beta firmware. Suppose I can do another reset.

The UHD spin up noise is not terrible just that I notice it and it is louder than when it is just playing the disc.
Without a reference I do not know how loud it was before since I did not run anything before updating due to it being the default firmware; 1206 I think it was.
. . . .
When you are loading the disc, the player will spin the disc at maximum speed to minimize the time it takes to load menus and the BD-Java program.
--Bob
KMFDMvsEnya likes this.

post #7670 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6460 View Post
. . . .
UPDATE: Tried going to a 2 HDMI setup for sound and video and all seemed to resolve. Went back to 1 HDI and now 4K? It appears once I rebooted before making the cable switch the Oppo came back to life. That is odd.
Sounds like the power cycle unwedged the HDMI hardware, quite possibly in the equipment downstream of the OPPO since Home Menu was working in the OPPO.
--Bob

post #7671 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
When I set the resolution to source direct the DVD and BR resolutions are output and my 940C upscales them. The 4K output when set to source direct is 4:2:2 8 bit. The 940C does not upscale this image and it looks flat. The TV is not gonna upscale 4K source as was pointed out earlier.

When I put setting to UHD auto, 4:4:4, 10 bit to get the best 4K image, it looks pretty good. But, of course, I have to change the settings back to source direct for non-4K discs.

I'd like to be able to set the output resolution for 4K material to my displays' native maximums (4:4:4, 10 bit, HDR, deep color) and for non-4K, source direct. It would be great if Oppo was able to make this possible in the settings.

As I stated earlier, "Auto" on everything doesn't work for me.
Send the suggestion to OPPO Tech Support. They will see to it that the correct engineers receive it for consideration.

But consider that there's really quite a lot that would fall into this general idea of having the player use different configuration settings according to the type of content you happen to be playing.

Figuring out how to do it in a way that's not utterly confusing would be a neat trick.
--Bob

post #7672 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Send the suggestion to OPPO Tech Support. They will see to it that the correct engineers receive it for consideration.

But consider that there's really quite a lot that would fall into this general idea of having the player use different configuration settings according to the type of content you happen to be playing.

Figuring out how to do it in a way that's not utterly confusing would be a neat trick.
--Bob
Well, maybe.

But, I've been in IT for 30 years, and have written 10's of thousands of lines of code in many languages. I am not sure what tech stack the Oppo uses, but if it is open source I can visualize how it could be incorporated into their processing.

All it should really take is a check in the software for source type, and then use the appropriate user defined settings for that source type during video processing.

The player already has the ability to use different configuration settings based on user settings...just needs to be extended to include source type.

When you say "send to Oppo tech support", I'm assuming your referring to their website for tech support - correct?

Sony XBR-75X940C, Pioneer SC-95, Panasonic DMP-UB900, Samsung UHD-K8500, Dish Hopper 3, Western Digital Live with Various video (non 4K stuff, audio)
post #7673 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattebury1 View Post
My player all of a sudden will not out-put any video. Switched cables, inputs, direct to TV, via receiver, nothing. I can get audio from the audio only HDMI port but thats it. Have tried everything on OPPO's site, still no joy. Was working fine last night. Today I was listening to a SACD and noticed there was no video signal to the TV, but I thought it might bypass the video in that mode. Went to watch a movie tonight and nothing. Have an email to OPPO. I think the port died.
Maybe obvious but did you accidentally press the " no picture," bitokay on the remote at top left?
post #7674 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Those are actually different results than I thought you had stated above. I thought you had stated you were getting audio on the TV when there was no audio (but should have been) on the Cary.

So the OPPO thinks it is sending Bitstream audio to the Carry. Which means what's likely happening here is the audio is muted due to failure to pass the Copy Protection check into the Cary.

Try setting the HDMI Audio output to LPCM and see if that gives you anything. The Info display should say that LPCM 7.1 is going to the Cary (or 5.1 if the Cary can't handle 7.1).

Also, with HDMI Audio set back to Bitstream, try turning Secondary Audio ON. That should get you lossy DTS 5.1 on the HDMI cable to the Carry.
--Bob
Here is what I said:
'If I select another input than the actual HDMI input on the Cary, the audio on my tv mutes, indicating that Oppo understand that the Cary will route the audio, but it doesn't lock on'

The Cary understands 7.1.

Forcing LPCM didn't change anything.

The secondary Audio is greyed out and cannot be selected. Same for a 1080p BD disc.

I believe your theory about copy protection is correct, but why is this implemented on audio
Cary does not have HDCP 2.2 in place for sure......

I forgot to mention that when I connected my ATV3 directly to Cary it worked. Just for the fun of it I tried an old DVD disc on the 203 but still with no luck.

Last edited by Extreman; 01-14-2017 at 06:26 PM.
post #7675 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:25 PM

Liked: 13
Hello,

I recently purchased the 203 and have it hooked up to a Sony 65x850C. Am I correct in having everything set to Auto on the 203. I'm getting HDR Video. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything picture wise. I only watch 4k and regular Blu-ray's.

Thanks,

Kevin
post #7676 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Here is what I said:
'If I select another input than the actual HDMI input on the Cary, the audio on my tv mutes, indicating that Oppo understand that the Cary will route the audio, but it doesn't lock on'

The Cary understands 7.1.

Forcing LPCM didn't change anything.

The secondary Audio is greyed out and cannot be selected. Same for a 1080p BD disc.

I believe your theory about copy protection is correct, but why is this implemented on audio
Cary does not have HDCP 2.2 in place for sure......

I forgot to mention that when I connected my ATV3 directly to Cary it worked. Just for the fun of it I tried an old DVD disc on the 203 but still with no luck.
Secondary Audio can't be changed "on the fly". You have to Stop the disc first to set Secondary Audio On or Off.

However, if the LPCM test didn't help, using Secondary Audio to force the Bitstream to legacy, lossy DTS probably also won't help.

At this point this is a job for OPPO Tech Support.
--Bob
Extreman likes this.

post #7677 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
. . . .
When you say "send to Oppo tech support", I'm assuming your referring to their website for tech support - correct?
Yep. There's a contact form on the Support page for the player.

OPPO is a small company, and the folks who handle Tech Support are in close contact with the engineers and product managers. So sending suggestions in through Tech Support really is the best way to get it to the right people.
--Bob

post #7678 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdack View Post
Maybe obvious but did you accidentally press the " no picture," bitokay on the remote at top left?
If you mean the Pure Audio button, yes I toggled that button with no luck.
post #7679 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4644 Post(s)
Liked: 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Roy View Post
Hello,

I recently purchased the 203 and have it hooked up to a Sony 65x850C. Am I correct in having everything set to Auto on the 203. I'm getting HDR Video. I just want to make sure I am not missing anything picture wise. I only watch 4k and regular Blu-ray's.

Thanks,

Kevin
That is probably OK. To verify, when playing each type of disc, check the extended Info display. Press and hold Info on the remote and scroll down to the HDMI Output section. If the values look reasonable then Auto is working fine.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #7680 of 37241 Old 01-14-2017, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake6460 View Post
Odd output from Oppo 203 today.

No changes made from yesterday.

Put in a new Star Trek Beyond 4K UHD bluray. Disc info shows 4K info; 4:2:0 and 10 bit, but no matter what I do from HDR, SDR, Strip, and auto to custom the unit will only output 1080 in BT2020 4.4.4 or 4.2.2 in the appropriate 8-12 bit.

If you play with settings during the movie ... pink screen ... every time. Need to stop and restart.

Pop in another 4K UHD movie and same thing ... pink screens and all . Can't figure this one ... have had latest public beta firmware since it came out.

The main Oppo home screen displays 4K resolution ... but movies do not.

Anyone experience this ... Oppo into Marantz 5010 into Sony XBR79X900b?

I bet anything you have a bad cable. I got a few of the slim 18g monoprice cables to swap in, as soon as i did black rendered as pink and with two of the cables I also got tons of white pixels noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page