Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 277 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279367Likes

post #8281 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
There is a difference between fake ridiculous grain, and then the natural stuff. The grain in Mag Seven did not look anything like natural, especially with HDR active. The sky shots were terrible.

I always argue the purists that just loooooove grain and judder. Do you see grain and judder with your own eyes in the real world? If so, go see a doctor.
That's fair, but the post I replied to was speaking in general terms about film grain and why anyone would tolerate it. I haven't seen Mag 7 so I can't comment about that.
dpippel likes this.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8282 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
anything not shot in 4K will not look stunning, it is not work buying older movies in 4K, not all studios do a good job with movies either that was case with DVDs and BD as well, but if you first UHD disc is not a newer movie one might be disappointed.
best 4K experience is with either OLED or FALD LED paired with UHD player. non HDR 4K is no wow factor at all, and if you sit far away it just looks 1080p.

updated my FW, it took probably 2 minutes between downloading and rebooting, do i need to reset the setting and delete storage also?
noshank likes this.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #8283 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8330
^ At this stage in the evolution of the firmware, I recommend you Reset Factory Defaults and Erase Persistent Storage after *EVERY* firmware install.

You can speed this up by saving your settings to USB stick for reload after the reset. Setup > Device Settings > Settings Management.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8284 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinLH00 View Post
Anyone else having trouble upgrading? My 203 is connected via Ethernet, the connection test says successful, it finds the latest firmware, but when I say "Yes" to "Would you like to upgrade?" it says "Cannot connect to the server".
Just try again later. They may be having server problems. Or you can download the firmware from OPPO's Support page for the player for install via USB stick.
--Bob
r.furborough likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #8285 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post
anything not shot in 4K will not look stunning, it is not work buying older movies in 4K, not all studios do a good job with movies either that was case with DVDs and BD as well, but if you first UHD disc is not a newer movie one might be disappointed.
best 4K experience is with either OLED or FALD LED paired with UHD player. non HDR 4K is no wow factor at all, and if you sit far away it just looks 1080p.
Such blanket statements are simply not based in fact. Spin up the Lawrence of Arabia Blu-ray on a 4K display and tell me that it doesn't look positively *stunning*. Upscaled by either the Panasonic DMP-UB900 or Oppo UDP-203 on my LG OLED you'd be hard-pressed to distinguish it from a 4K UHD title. If you want a more recent 1080p reference title, just pop in Men in Black 3. If you're not blown away by the first 10 minutes then I just don't know what to tell you.
Operon and richlife like this.

post #8286 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1014 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpippel View Post
Spin up the Lawrence of Arabia Blu-ray on a 4K display and tell me that it doesn't look positively *stunning*.
Lawrence of Arabia was shot in 70mm, IIRC. Saw it years ago in a 70mm theater and OMG was it gorgeous. I suspect it'll look gorgeous even on a 16K flat panel TV.

Or maybe it's just Mr. O'Toole's eyes that make it look so good ;-)
Operon likes this.
post #8287 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:46 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp4lifehva View Post
Will playing FLAC files from my network sound the same HDMI vs RCA? I have the Marantz AV8802A and thinking about buy RCA analog cables.
That's hard to predict. When you use HDMI Audio the DACS in the Marantz are converting that to Analog for you.

When you use the multi-channel Analog outputs of the 203, the DACS in the 203 are converting that to Analog for you. But then that Analog goes through your Marantz. If the Marantz offers any processing whatsoever on that audio other than mere Volume control, then it will have had to re-digitize that audio, then process it, then convert it back to Analog -- which uses the DACs in the Marantz. If you have the Marantz set to "pass through" the Analog audio, then you will be hearing the output of the OPPO more faithfully.

Now, there's still the issue of how you have your speakers set up -- things like volume balance, distance adjustment, and crossover processing. When using the Analog outs of the 203, and passing that through the Marantz unaltered, you will want to set such stuff properly in the 203. Presumably your Marantz offers similar configuration adjustments for when it is playing HDMI audio for you.

The easiest thing to do is wire both ways and judge for yourself. Just be careful you have Volume adjusted so you are hearing the exact same level out of the speakers each way. By the way, typically when feeding the Analog outs into a pre-amp like this you would set the Volume in the OPPO to 100 (or Fixed, which is the same thing). I.e., send a full range signal to the Marantz and do your Volume adjustment for listening level in the Marantz.
--Bob

post #8288 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 1471
Quote:
Originally Posted by iserum View Post

updated my FW, it took probably 2 minutes between downloading and rebooting, do i need to reset the setting and delete storage also?

If your main interest is in the higher resolution that 4K offers, then look for things that were either shot with 4K digital cameras or were shot with film and scanned to a 4K master. That's the only way to really get the extra resolution.

But other material may still benefit from a UHD release. Many 2K releases come from 2K sources that were in a wider colour space than BT709 and which have greater colour bit depth so you can get a noticeable improvement in colour from a UHD release, even though you won't get a gain in resolution. HDR can make a difference too, even starting from a 2K source.

You can get improvements from 2K sources in a UHD release but you won't get an improvement in resolution. Whether the improvements you get are worth the price of the UHD disc, especially if you already have the BD, is another matter and it's a personal judgement. If it's a film you love you may be very happy to see the improvements that are there. If it's a film you're luke warm about, you may be happy to stick with the BD release. Different people like different films so just because someone tells you that such and such a film is worth getting or that it isn't doesn't mean that you will feel the same way.

Be careful about what you buy but in my opinion if you limit yourself to only buying things that were originally shot at 4K or higher, you will miss out on some UHD releases which are an improvement on the BD release.
nathan_h likes this.
post #8289 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
Lawrence of Arabia was shot in 70mm, IIRC. Saw it years ago in a 70mm theater and OMG was it gorgeous. I suspect it'll look gorgeous even on a 16K flat panel TV.

Or maybe it's just Mr. O'Toole's eyes that make it look so good ;-)
True! My point though is that this is a 1080p Blu-ray, not a 4K UHD title. It's all about the source and the people involved in the workflow to bring any particular film to home video. Imagine what LoA might look like in 4K UHD...

post #8290 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsorgi View Post
Mine is synced to a Harmony One and I was also experiencing handshake problem although mine was happening when I started the Watch BluRay activity when everything was off. Go into your TV setup and make sure HDMI-CEC is off. Do the same in the Oppo. This worked for me.
Thanks, looks like that was turned on in my receiver so I turned that off (it was off on the player and TV). After a bunch of testing (turning everything on and off haha), it works like 75% of the time, but every so often it doesn't pick up the signal. So strange. Really wished the Harmony setup would let you fully customize your remote settings and let you put everything in the order you want. Part of this issue I think is cause of how slow it is to turn on the player, which is causing the receiver not to pick up the signal sometimes. This is pretty much my only complaint of this player, wished it didn't take so long to turn on.
post #8291 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
There is a difference between fake ridiculous grain, and then the natural stuff. The grain in Mag Seven did not look anything like natural, especially with HDR active. The sky shots were terrible.

I always argue the purists that just loooooove grain and judder. Do you see grain and judder with your own eyes in the real world? If so, go see a doctor.
Magnificient Seven was shot on Film tho: http://motion.kodak.com/kodakgcg/us/...tid=4294999014

Quote:
"From the outset, The Magnificent Seven was conceived as a widescreen celluloid experience-with-a-heart - where themes of heroism and existentialism are balanced with personality and levity. My last feature productions on celluloid were The A-Team (2010) and Runner Runner (2013), and I was looking forward to returning to the discipline of shooting and lighting with film. I was also interested to re-experience the innate richness of color you get with film, and to harness the variety of textures and contrast provided by different celluloid stocks for different points in the story arc."
Quote:
In terms of look and lighting, Fiore says the movie broke down into distinct moods - the idyllic world of the town before it gets overrun, the peril and brutality of the place under siege, and the changed circumstances of the aftermath - and he deployed a trio of film stocks to portray these atmospheres.

As he explains: "I used the slower Kodak Vision 3 5203 50D stock at the start of the story, to bring out the brilliance of the colors in the sets, the costumes and skies in exterior day scenes, and to evoke a romantic, almost magical, feel to the unspoilt town. When the place gets devastated and The Seven appear, I switched to the faster and higher contrast Kodak 5219 500T and Kodak 5207 250D stocks to bring some grit to the imagery, and enjoyed sculpting the actor's faces from light into dark shadows. As The Seven regain control, I went just with the 250D, keeping the higher contrast in the image to convey the stark, new reality of the place."

Fiore says he particularly relished shooting night-time sequences using 500T. "With film, the night-time image is really what you make it: the building and painting of each scene requires the considered control and artistic expression of the cinematographer. Digital sensors are always reaching into darkness, and sometimes you don't want to have to fight that that. While celluloid also captures detail in dark areas of the image, it drops down very nicely into black under your control."
Quote:
Reflecting on coming back to 35mm celluloid for The Magnificent Seven , Fiore concludes, "The sheer depth, range, vibrancy and tonality of color you get from shooting on negative was a satisfying shock. The image is less clinical than digital - there are no hard edges, the colors blend smoothly, and there's a visually pleasing contrast curve from highlight to shadow. Film loves the warm light of the golden hours too. Furthermore, when you shoot with a film camera, as opposed to digital, you have fewer cables, no umbilical cord to a DIT, no one telling you the exposure, nor what the video signal looks like. Shooting on film puts the control and responsibility back into the hands of the cinematographer. Simple as that."
soooo.......
post #8292 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1994 Post(s)
Liked: 1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia0287 View Post
Magnificient Seven was shot on Film tho: http://motion.kodak.com/kodakgcg/us/...tid=4294999014

soooo.......
This movie is the victim of color-grading with teal highlights appears on clothing, shirts, building and orange flesh-tones. Perhaps one-day, we can see this film re-released without being color-processed to death. It's a tragedy.

- Rich
Operon and IMDave like this.

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #8293 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6063
Soooooo.... it looks like crap in areas, like the sky. I never said it wasnt film you took two different thoughts and considered them one. One, I hate fake grain, two, the sky and certain areas in that movie looked bad because I hate excessive grain period.

And giving me a novel on how the people who shot the movie loved its look surely doesn't impress me. Anywho, this has been a fun I hate too much grain OT exercise, moving on now.
Kruckus and Aaron Bandy like this.
post #8294 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ At this stage in the evolution of the firmware, I recommend you Reset Factory Defaults and Erase Persistent Storage after *EVERY* firmware install.

You can speed this up by saving your settings to USB stick for reload after the reset. Setup > Device Settings > Settings Management.
--Bob
With a reset doesn't that already erase persistent storage.

LG C9 & UB9000
LG C8 & UB820
Denon AVR, SVS Prime Elevation & Ultra Series, HSU Subwoofer, Emotiva
post #8295 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3895 Post(s)
Liked: 3141
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post
This is pretty much my only complaint of this player, wished it didn't take so long to turn on.
Is this your 1st blu-ray player? Because its light-speed fast to boot up compared to most others. It may be taking a while for you to see an image due to prolonged handshaking. Anyway the issues you describe might suggest a need for a new cable or two.
budeone likes this.
post #8296 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Soooooo.... it looks like crap in areas, like the sky. I never said it wasnt film you took two different thoughts and considered them one. One, I hate fake grain, two, the sky and certain areas in that movie looked bad because I hate excessive grain period.

And giving me a novel on how the people who shot the movie loved its look surely doesn't impress me. Anywho, this has been a fun I hate too much grain OT exercise, moving on now.
that's why I'm loving this forum , I'm a complete noob, but every one is stacked with info . I never thought the grain was because of film. now I seem stupid. I just figured with more pixels every thing would be like butter. I am really used to my sony stuff and I love their colours , the oppo has thrown me out of what I'm used too. but I'm learning
richlife and SamuraiXSendai like this.
post #8297 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:

I've never heard of copypasta referred to as a novel, but sure why not. As to your hate for film grain? Congrats? I'm just glad that Film is an artistic medium where different people are free to express themselves. I'm also glad that there are still people willing to work with film as if nothing else it's nice to have different movies with different looks, and I do agree fake film grain is gross and needs to die.

I love the look of film (though I also love the look of digital), but I also understand there are weaknesses and limitations and tradeoffs to both. Yes I could do without some things like grainy blue skies, but there are other times where I feel like film can absolutely destroy anything digital that I have seen. I for one am dying to see Dunkirk in it's 70mm glory. That 7min preview before Rogue One in Imax was one of the most impressive pictures I have EVER seen.

But like for example, the chess scene in ID4 at the beginning is still one of the most impressive scenes I've found on ANY of my like 30+ UHDBDs.
richlife likes this.
post #8298 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 09:57 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 405 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11430 Post(s)
Liked: 6765
Quote:
^ Exactly. That's why I posted that. To reassure folks who posted their concern that the 1229 firmware was promoted from Public Beta status to Official status with no additional changes yet.
--Bob
Bob, not clear--for those of us who already have the 1229B firmware installed, should we proceed with installing the Official 1229 firmware release?
post #8299 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ It's not necessary, but it also won't do any harm. There are no changes between the two.

--Bob
budeone and AustinJerry like this.

post #8300 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 159
The latest update improved audio for me. I no longer have a 3-4.sec audio delay when the video portion of a BD or UHD movie begins. That actually was my only problem with the 203 from the start along with HDMI input that won't accept my Samsung cable DVR output.

Last edited by CJArciola, III; 01-20-2017 at 09:04 AM.
post #8301 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 10:10 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Anybody else having SEVERE hdmi handshaking issues after the update? I have a Pioneer Elite SC-95 and now I have to either power off the receiver or the player once I start the playing the actual movie from the Top Menu on a UHD blu-ray. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Samsung UN78JS9500, Sony VPL-VW295es + 100" Elite Screens Aeon Cinegrey 3D
Pioneer Elite SC-95 w/ 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos Speakers, 4 SVS Prime Elevations
OPPO UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer CLD-HF9G LaserDisc Player
XBOX One X, PS 3/4, Wii U, Octane Seating Turbo XL700 3 Seat Curved w/ Power Recline
post #8302 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
There is only 1 HDMI input on the 203.

N64, did you reset the player and clear persistent storage after updating the FW?

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #8303 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post
There is only 1 HDMI input on the 203.

N64, did you reset the player and clear persistent storage after updating the FW?
Yes I did, I am going to try connecting the player directly to my Samsung one connect box and see if that corrects anything. Maybe it's my Pioneer that is causing the issues. But Everything was working fine on the original firmware... So I have no idea what changed within the new firmware. It's frustrating.. Its making me wish I didn't sell my Samsung ubd-k8500. Plus I thought Oppo promised that we could revert back to old firmware at anytime... I tried putting original firmware disc in and it won't even downgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Samsung UN78JS9500, Sony VPL-VW295es + 100" Elite Screens Aeon Cinegrey 3D
Pioneer Elite SC-95 w/ 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos Speakers, 4 SVS Prime Elevations
OPPO UDP-203 Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player
Pioneer CLD-HF9G LaserDisc Player
XBOX One X, PS 3/4, Wii U, Octane Seating Turbo XL700 3 Seat Curved w/ Power Recline
post #8304 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
With help from several folks and Oppo, I found out the problem of why I couldn't play some 4K MKV files. All problematic video got the same format profile like 'Main [email protected]@main'. Below is one example of the problematic video:

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 28s 833ms
Bit rate : 61.2 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

According to Oppo 203, they only support 5.0 / 5.1, so I need to change the format profile to something like 'Main [email protected]@main'. Since I am a totally newbie here, could anybody provide some step-by-step instructions on how to perform the transcoding using tools like ffmpeg or handbrake? Will the transcoding take exterme long time for large files?

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mak View Post
Hi there,

I've been very frustrated at not being able to get the UDP 203 to play 4K (mkv, codec: HEVC) files that are stored on USB HDD. I always got the message 'This file format not supported'. All other 1080 files stored on the same HDD play without any problems.

Does anybody have similar experiences? Is there a way to make it works? I always thought that UDP 203 should be able to support 4K media stored on USB devices. Probably I'm wrong?

Thanks.
post #8305 of 37539 Old 01-19-2017, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevolutioN64 View Post
Yes I did, I am going to try connecting the player directly to my Samsung one connect box and see if that corrects anything. Maybe it's my Pioneer that is causing the issues. But Everything was working fine on the original firmware... So I have no idea what changed within the new firmware. It's frustrating.. Its making me wish I didn't sell my Samsung ubd-k8500. Plus I thought Oppo promised that we could revert back to old firmware at anytime... I tried putting original firmware disc in and it won't even downgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
From what I understand, you can roll back off of a Beta, but not a final.
Samsung 1 connect box?

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #8306 of 37539 Old 01-20-2017, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
^ It's not necessary, but it also won't do any harm. There are no changes between the two.

--Bob
So they didn't do any other bug fixes or improvements in the last 17 days?
rossi46 and Hahndo like this.
post #8307 of 37539 Old 01-20-2017, 12:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 455
I have an odd problem. When U turned on my Oppo 203 on It flashed Oppo on the screen briefly, then green screen of my Sony 940D meaning it was getting no signal . But I put a Blu-ray in and it played and looked great. Took it out and hit the home button on the remote and nothing appears! Green screen again. So the home menu never comes up! This is the first time it has ever done that ! Any suggestions ?
post #8308 of 37539 Old 01-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mak View Post
With help from several folks and Oppo, I found out the problem of why I couldn't play some 4K MKV files. All problematic video got the same format profile like 'Main [email protected]@main'. Below is one example of the problematic video:

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main [email protected]@Main
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Duration : 28s 833ms
Bit rate : 61.2 Mbps
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels

According to Oppo 203, they only support 5.0 / 5.1, so I need to change the format profile to something like 'Main [email protected]@main'. Since I am a totally newbie here, could anybody provide some step-by-step instructions on how to perform the transcoding using tools like ffmpeg or handbrake? Will the transcoding take exterme long time for large files?

Thanks again.
Transcoding HEVC to HEVC is going to take a lot of time and will result in quality loss, if possible if the original source is X264 i would find that and transcode to HEVC, it will be quicker.
post #8309 of 37539 Old 01-20-2017, 12:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoviefan View Post
I have an odd problem. When U turned on my Oppo 203 on It flashed Oppo on the screen briefly, then green screen of my Sony 940D meaning it was getting no signal . But I put a Blu-ray in and it played and looked great. Took it out and hit the home button on the remote and nothing appears! Green screen again. So the home menu never comes up! This is the first time it has ever done that ! Any suggestions ?
My equipment is inside a cabinet ! Just saw on the front of Oppo 203, and it says FW Found. But since I do not get a home menu I can not get to it to upgrade! Do I dare unplug it to reboot? No home menu is an issue. But like I said it does play Blu-ray movies .
post #8310 of 37539 Old 01-20-2017, 12:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2731 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMacFunkin View Post
So they didn't do any other bug fixes or improvements in the last 17 days?
Sure they did, but those will likely appear in beta firmware before being finalized.
richlife likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page