Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279158Likes

post #9631 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 04:50 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4642 Post(s)
Liked: 4492
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Hey owners, can someone provide me a feedback on how MKV remixes are played? Also anyone tried Regionfree KIT? http://bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=31.
How about DLNA playback, I'm thinking of getting that one as I have NAS DS416Play with Native HEVC encoding for 4k.
Also anyone tried to feed HDR video file samples, does it recognise HDR content and enables that?

Thank you in advance.
I test DLNA but SMB is what I normally use.

I use MKV every day, but there are a lot of variables in media files, so you might want to link to a small sample file of the type you want.

HEVC is pretty new but I have played samples.

The region free kit is one of those listed in the FAQ and people are using it: Region Free Modifications.

HDR works from media files: I've tested it with this suite: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...-patterns.html. USB, DLNA, SMB: all correct.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 05:02 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post

I use MKV every day, but there are a lot of variables in media files, so you might want to link to a small sample file of the type you want.

The region free kit is one of those listed in the FAQ and people are using it: Region Free Modifications.

HDR works from media files: I've tested it with this suite: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-di...-patterns.html. USB, DLNA, SMB: all correct.

-Bill
Oh Brilliant,

Thank you so much, so it perfectly suits my needs, will be ordering the oppo unit very soon.
Thank you Bill.

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
post #9633 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Quote:

-Bill
Oh Brilliant,

Thank you so much, so it perfectly suits my needs, will be ordering the oppo unit very soon.
Thank you Bill.
I've been testing playing MKV files via Plex's DLNA server. I noticed that I couldn't get Dolby Atmos or DTSX to play on the Oppo.

Even though I ripped the TrueHD / DTS MA tracks, the Oppo doesn't seem to read the metadata.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9634 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneWildersHair View Post
Anyone here who may have been recently contacted by Oppo know if they've mentioned any type of fix coming for these audio drop outs? This has been by far the most annoying issue for myself, and now 2 of my friends who own the 203 as well. We all have different equipment, but are all experiences the same annoying audio drops. (And yes we have all contacted Oppo about this issue in the past) Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Oppo tech support asked me to change my HDMI cable and run audio from HDMI-2 to my AVR. The problem I encountered with audio dropouts was intermittent. While it is theoretically possible that Oppo sent me a defective HDMI cable, I'm skeptical. Still, I swapped the cables. Because my audio drop out problem is intermittent, and can't be repeated, I'm just crossing my fingers. Since my display doesn't accept 4K input, all I'm watching is BD, DVD, and media player content.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
post #9635 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 06:53 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post
I've been testing playing MKV files via Plex's DLNA server. I noticed that I couldn't get Dolby Atmos or DTSX to play on the Oppo.

Even though I ripped the TrueHD / DTS MA tracks, the Oppo doesn't seem to read the metadata.
Currently you cannot bitstream hidef audio from MKV, so no Atmos etc. You can get the LPCM equivalent but the Atmos data is lost in that case.

This may be changed in future firmware.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
post #9636 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 11043
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but whenever I want to turn on the OPPO it does not send a video signal either directly to the TV (LG E65P) or or audio to my AVR (Arcam AVR400). If you power it off and on then the signal comes through. The OPPO is connected directly to the TV for video and uses the second HDMI out to connect to my receiver for audio. I have experimented with different HDMI cables and using a different HDMI in on the TV, but the results are the same. The player is set to direct. Anyone else?
I sent several E-Mails to OPPO, but they keep replying with the same suggestions which I already told them I had tried. I feel like I am getting a form letter response and no one is really reading my E-Mail.

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub, Bluesound Vault 2
post #9637 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 07:11 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post
Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but whenever I want to turn on the OPPO it does not send a video signal either directly to the TV (LG E65P) or or audio to my AVR (Arcam AVR400). If you power it off and on then the signal comes through. The OPPO is connected directly to the TV for video and uses the second HDMI out to connect to my receiver for audio. I have experimented with different HDMI cables and using a different HDMI in on the TV, but the results are the same. The player is set to direct. Anyone else?
I sent several E-Mails to OPPO, but they keep replying with the same suggestions which I already told them I had tried. I feel like I am getting a form letter response and no one is really reading my E-Mail.
Possibly they are out of ideas. Some problems are just mysterious.

Are you saying the player does not connect the first time you power it on, but it does the second time? Or that you have to power the display down and up to get a connection?

What do you have for Device Setup -> Standby Mode? Energy Efficient or Network Standby? Does switching to the other make a difference?

-Bill

post #9638 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 07:28 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5833 Post(s)
Liked: 8309
Quote:
Sounds like you have a power on sequencing problem. If the failure happens when you turn everything on at the same time, then that's what's up. To check if that's the problem, use the regular remotes for each device -- and with no use of HDMI CEC so no device is trying to turn on another device or change its Input settings. Then turn on the TV. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the AVR. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the OPPO.

If that fixes the problem, then what's happening is the OPPO is booting to fast, and thus asking your other devices to respond over HDMI before they are awake enough to do so. Sequencing the power ups in the reverse order of the HDMI signal flow is the normal solution.
--Bob
promike likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #9639 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Possibly they are out of ideas. Some problems are just mysterious.

Are you saying the player does not connect the first time you power it on, but it does the second time? Or that you have to power the display down and up to get a connection?

What do you have for Device Setup -> Standby Mode? Energy Efficient or Network Standby? Does switching to the other make a difference?

-Bill
It appears that the signal from the player does not connect to the TV as the LG displays "no connection" for that input. When I power the OPPO off and on the TV is then connected and the video displayed. Same result for audio only when used for SACD playback through my receiver. FIrst power up of the OPPo and the AVR shows no signal. Turn OPPO off and on and the audio signal comes through.
I do not have to power the display down, only power the OPPO down and up.
Even more disturbing is that OPPO support doesn't appear to be reading my E-Mail as their response sounds like a script and just repeats the same suggestions which I already told them I had tried.

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub, Bluesound Vault 2
post #9640 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Sounds like you have a power on sequencing problem. If the failure happens when you turn everything on, then that's what's up. To check if that's the problem, use the regular remotes for each device -- and with no use of HDMI CEC so no device is trying to turn on another device. Then turn on the TV. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the AVR. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the OPPO.

If that fixes the problem, then what's happening is the OPPO is booting to fast, and thus asking your other devices to respond over HDMI before they are awake enough to do so.
--Bob
Hmmmm. I will check this out tonight. Thanks. I am using a Harmony One and if that is the problem then, if I remember correctly, I can program in a delay.
I just cannot appreciate the fact that it appears that OPPO does not appear to be reading my E-Mail, but just sending what appears to be a scripted response.

post #9641 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5833 Post(s)
Liked: 8309
Quote:
Hmmmm. I will check this out tonight. Thanks. I am using a Harmony One and if that is the problem then, if I remember correctly, I can program in a delay.
I just cannot appreciate the fact that it appears that OPPO does not appear to be reading my E-Mail, but just sending what appears to be a scripted response.
Yes, you can control both the order in which devices power up, and the delays, with Harmony.

The key statement in your post here was that things worked fine if you did a power cycle on the OPPO after the failure. If you had not included that in the post, I would have gone down an entirely different diagnosis path with you -- starting with your choice of HDMI cables and your HDMI connection topology. I'm going to guess that's what you got from OPPO.

Sometimes the seemingly smallest details make all the difference.
--Bob
gprace likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #9642 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesia0287 View Post
I'm more into the liquid adamantium cored nth metal cables with vibranium plated dilithium crystal connectors.

Eventually some chinese company is going to figure out a good active hdmi cable chip, and then it will all be gravy. I am curious what a 48gbps hdmi cable is gonna look like though, is optical in the spec? Or are they just expecting extremely fast transceivers?
I so much want to believe that a good cable will eventually come, but I'm not holding my breath. HDMI 2.0 spec is 18Gbit/s, which has so far been really difficult/ hit and miss. The HDMI 2.1 spec is 48Gbit/s, and the CE industry is full steam ahead to shove 8K down our throats at all costs, meaning the problems with 4K won't be really solved since 8k is on the way.

With specs and features always shifting and changing, the problem is compounded by the content producers who insist on copy protection from 'Pirates' and have implemented a check system (the handshaking) that is basically designed to fail immediately if every last thing isn't completely perfect. Gotta defeat the pirates ya know. Until content producers wake up to the fact that us paying customers are NOT the enemy things aren't going to get better.

Maybe I should have apologized in advance and advised you to read this in your best Eeyore or Martin the Paranoid Android voice. :-)
RickD_99 likes this.
post #9643 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3850 Post(s)
Liked: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by weboperations View Post

Quote:
Currently you cannot bitstream hidef audio from MKV, so no Atmos etc. You can get the LPCM equivalent but the Atmos data is lost in that case.

-Bill
Actually that sounds more like a DNLA server issue. From SMB or attached storage the 203 can bitstream DTS-X just fine in MKV.
post #9644 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Question Comparison: BDP-80/-83/-93/-103(D)/-105 and UDP-203 ?

Quote:
We have this in the FAQ: How is the UDP-203 different from the BDP-103?

-Bill
Thanks.
Is there a chart or other comparison of the BDP-80/-83/-93/-103(D)/-105 and UDP-203 ?

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #9645 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 08:37 AM
boe
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
I love the bejesus out of my Harmony. I had one for years but only about a year ago did I really take the time to program it. Because my TV is connected to a power unit that doesn't give the TV power until after my prepro triggers it I had to add a turn on for the TV after the initial set turn on is issued. This turns on my prepro, TV and Oppo then sets the Oppo to go straight to streaming (it goes to the network, selects my computer, then goes down to video - since there is no button on the oppo remote to get me there directly). I've always been good about customizing the screen buttons but the navigation on the oppo really makes me happy (this is updated for my 203).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo1.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1939233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oppo2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1939241  

Last edited by boe; 02-02-2017 at 08:48 AM.
post #9646 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 08:46 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
Thanks.
Is there a chart or other comparison of the BDP-80/-83/-93/-103(D)/-105 and UDP-203 ?
Not all in once place, not that I know of. Each FAQ in my signature has a comparison of that model with the previous one.

-Bill
Mike_WI likes this.

post #9647 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
I had a similar problem except I was getting video, but no audio unless I shut down the Oppo and turned it back on. I also have the Harmony One. My solution was to create a delay for the Power On of the Oppo. Now it is the last component to power up and has no problem "handshaking" with the LG set or the Onkyo AVR.
gprace likes this.
post #9648 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Will the U.S UDP 203 play this disc? It is Region B

United Kingdom released, Blu-Ray/Region B : it WILL NOT play on regular DVD player, or on standard US Blu-Ray player. You need multi-region Blu-Ray player to view it in USA/Canada:
post #9649 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 931 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Sounds like you have a power on sequencing problem. If the failure happens when you turn everything on at the same time, then that's what's up. To check if that's the problem, use the regular remotes for each device -- and with no use of HDMI CEC so no device is trying to turn on another device or change its Input settings. Then turn on the TV. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the AVR. Wait for it to completely power up. Then turn on the OPPO.

If that fixes the problem, then what's happening is the OPPO is booting to fast, and thus asking your other devices to respond over HDMI before they are awake enough to do so. Sequencing the power ups in the reverse order of the HDMI signal flow is the normal solution.
--Bob
FWIW, I had this same issue (nothing from the 203 to my receiver) until I started doing essentially what Bob suggests. I turn on the TV and the receiver and wait for them to come fully up before I turn on the 203. When I was having the problem I did discover that switching inputs on the receiver would fix it (forces a new handshake with the 203).

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #9650 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experious View Post
I am pretty sure the player switches off audio to the main HDMI out when the secondary audio is plugged in. Unable to retest right now as I am waiting for a new cable (to arrive tomorrow), however I am sure I spotted "no audio" when checking the output formats at one stage, and during my earlier testing of the supplied cable I got audio through the ARC, but had not when it was initially set up dual cable (unless the AVR was switched to BD).

This would make sense as most TVs would not accept HD audio formats, thereby turning them off for both outputs.
Not sure this is correct. When one is using the Oppo 203 with an AVR that is not compliant with HDCP 2.2, but a 4K display device, the advice is to run the main HDMI out to the display and the audio only HDMI out to the AVR. So, both must be outputting when both are connected.

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
post #9651 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
Not sure this is correct. When one is using the Oppo 203 with an AVR that is not compliant with HDCP 2.2, but a 4K display device, the advice is to run the main HDMI out to the display and the audio only HDMI out to the AVR. So, both must be outputting when both are connected.
I'm having a similar issue with the Harmony One. The only way I can get the Oppo UDP-203 send a signal to the LG OLED65E6P is if is the first source turned on from a total system shutdown.

If I turn on any other source first and try to switch to the Oppo UDP-203, I got get a signal. Bizarre.
post #9652 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 10:34 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler webb View Post

United Kingdom released, Blu-Ray/Region B : it WILL NOT play on regular DVD player, or on standard US Blu-Ray player. You need multi-region Blu-Ray player to view it in USA/Canada:
If that description is correct, it will not play. You would need a region free hardware mod as described in the FAQ: Region Free Modifications.

-Bill
gwsat and tyler webb like this.

post #9653 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 10:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:

Yep, based on this info it sounds like a Region B locked Blu-ray and therefore it will not play on a North American UDP-203 unless you install one of the hardware region-free kits that are readily available for it. One important thing to remember: 4K UHD discs are NOT region locked, only Blu-rays and DVDs (most, but not all) have that restriction.
gwsat and tyler webb like this.

post #9654 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

-Bill
I will have to check again but I am pretty sure I had no trouble getting DTS HD MA from MKV files. Definitely no Atmos but seem to remember DTS x MA worked perfectly. I have assumed this was a Dolby Digital licensing issue with the OPPO.
post #9655 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:03 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo1ss View Post
I will have to check again but I am pretty sure I had no trouble getting DTS HD MA from MKV files. Definitely no Atmos but seem to remember DTS x MA worked perfectly. I have assumed this was a Dolby Digital licensing issue with the OPPO.
Ok, I'm lost. I thought it was certain it didn't work. Serves me right for trying to answer audio questions. ("Speak up sonny, I'm a little deaf").

-Bill
muzz likes this.

post #9656 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
So, still not a whimper about the next Beta.

Is it a month since the last one? 1229 was the 29th December ?

I know you will all tell me to have patience, but you'd think that with the problems being reported here, there would be another FW issue by now, even to eliminate the 3D problem. if the other problems are bigger, and more insurmountable, why not issue smaller fixes rather then hold it all till they are solved in full? Which is unlikely anyway?

Makes me think the problems are bigger than we know perhaps, Chinese holidays aside.
r.furborough and jb442386 like this.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |

Last edited by AidenL; 02-02-2017 at 11:21 AM.
post #9657 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahndo View Post
While I certainly have no desire to argue with you, I think that asking a player to perform basic functions like audio and video without dropouts or freezing/dropping frames--particularly two months into its lifetime--is far from an 'unreasonable' expectation.

Having said that, I fully understand how more, let us say, 'esoteric' or 'advanced' setups might prove to be more problematic. The more variables, the more chances for something to go wrong in the signal chain. And, yes, I understand about cables. (Mine are upgraded, not to mention one of them came with the 203.). I get it.

But you can't actually be saying that plain, basic error-free playback is an unreasonable expectation in a nearly $600 player.
Expectations vs reality are a couple thousand different things.

TV makers were rushing 4K TVs out the door to customers before a real 4k spec was approved and set into place. Content producers were authoring discs with out a real mass produced consumer level in the home playback device to test them with. AVR makers, working from an incomplete unapproved spec, couldn't wait to announce 4K ready players that merely passed a signal. Cable manufacturers pushed out HD 18Gbit/s cables that could barely do 10. Add to that a minor format war involving the still not yet really implemented in any real fashion Dolby Vision... What a freakin mess. And the UHDBR player makers are the ones held ultimately responsible for everyone else's short comings.

I don't envy any of the player makers. Until AV equipment manufactures and content providers quit competing and start co-operating, it would be pure hell trying to write firmware for every variation of production for every disc made.

Expecting a $600 player to be flawless might seem reasonable, but perhaps not realistic given the multitude of other variables,
RickD_99, dcbii, rossi46 and 3 others like this.
post #9658 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:36 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
So, still not a whimper about the next Beta.

Is it a month since the last one? 1229 was the 29th December ?

I know you will all tell me to have patience, but you'd think that with the problems being reported here, there would be another FW issue by now, even to eliminate the 3D problem.
You can get a beta from OPPO that fixes dropped frames in 3D.

-Bill
KK in CT and AidenL like this.

post #9659 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
You can get a beta from OPPO that fixes dropped frames in 3D.

-Bill
Doesn't work for me unfortunately, as I'm not in the US.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #9660 of 37235 Old 02-02-2017, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked: 2235
Quote:

The external region free mod which I linked in a previous post is intended for the OPPO 103 and works on the [email protected] less than half the cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page