Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 684 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279151Likes

post #20491 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OppoDude2017 View Post
NO MakeMKV rips blueray discs not UHD...Some Blueray discs have Cinavia. Know what Cinavia is?. Know what Cinavia does?

MakeMKV makes a 100% original copy of the Bluray disc and of course Cinavia stays in the audio track. But if played thru the 203 USB ports its immune to Cinavia plus upscale to 4K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
DVD and Blu-ray, not UHD.

Why: to have your titles in a library, accessible at all times via the media browser.

-Bill
thanks
dan

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20492 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy View Post
Yep. Both the 203 and 205 can now function as a roon endpoint.... The hdmi also displays an osd with the album art and track info etc as well as play pause etc icons.
What artwork does it show? The Roon art or the Oppo art?

Also, the Oppo will output to all its outputs at once? So I could watch the OSD on the TV while playing through the coax?

Last edited by artur9; 09-16-2017 at 08:45 AM.
post #20493 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OppoDude2017 View Post
Let me explain something then you will understand, In the case of owners of new UHD/Bluray players I.E. 203/205 by law Cinavia is a must...NO IF ANDS OR BUTS.

If you use a original RETAIL or RENTED disc with Cinavia on it then you will notice NOTHING.

If you copy the original or rented disc it WILL PLAY for aprox 20 mins then all audio will MUTE.

How to get around that is 2 methods.

Method 1: You hide the Cinavia signal in the audio track. But the outcome of this method alters the audio to echos, booms and other garbage.

Method 2: The entire audio track has been reproduced in a lab. The audio is 100% normal. The only draw back is your stuck at DD 5.1 Audio.

The Cinavia removal method works on 1:1 copy of BR or MKV's etc. Google CinEx HD and read.

Your answer to the point is ONLY if the media has been CLONED or COPIED.

In the case of the 203/205 thru the USB port it doesn't detect Cinavia as a programming error by Oppo. But it will detect it on the UHD/BR disc drive side of the player.

If you had a older Oppo from 2011 etc it did not care about Cinavia I.E. 93, 95 Etc.

All newer models from ANY company MUST enforce Cinavia. But in the 203/205 it isn't detected thru the USB ports and should be. So using MakeMKV and making a copy of your disc 100% like the original but in a MKV container will play undetected in a Oppo 203/205 with original video and audio. Until they firmware block it.
thanks,
dan

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20494 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 01:20 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5828 Post(s)
Liked: 8303
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur9 View Post
What artwork does it show? The Roon art or the Oppo art?

Also, the Oppo will output to all its outputs at once? So I could watch the OSD on the TV while playing through the coax?
Yes. Independent of whatever you are doing on the HDMI connections, the S/PDIF connections (Optical or Coax) will carry audio limited to the formats those cables can support, and are licensed to carry. So DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 or LPCM 2.0, fine. But no Atmos or DTS-HD MA or TrueHD or LPCM higher than 2.0 channels. And no output at all when playing SACD discs.

So for example if you play a movie disc with an Atmos track (which is Dolby TrueHD 7.1 as it's underlying format), you can get the video on HDMI and audio on coax, but the audio on coax will be the "compatibility" track from that disc -- DD 5.1 -- on disc for precisely this purpose.

When playing media files -- as from Roon -- you can also get video on HDMI and audio on Coax if you like.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #20495 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 01:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post
what do you mean that the audio track will sound like garbage? Does that happen if I just play a Cinavia disk legally purchased or rented or is that if it is ripped to MKV?
Cinavia is a VERY low bandwidth data signal (a copy protection "watermark") overlaid on top of the audio track. People have been complaining since it was first thrust upon the world that this *MUST* mean it will screw up the quality of the audio.

I strongly doubt that, and I've not seen any tests I believe that demonstrate that even on a test bench.

The problem with Cinavia is not that it lurks in the audio. The problem is that it is Copy Protection.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #20496 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 124
HDMI Input port and BDP-83

This may seem like an odd question, but has anyone that still owns an Oppo BDP-83 tried running it through the HMDI input port on the 203? (I still use the 83 to play certain things that the 203 dropped support for.) My 203 goes through my Denon X4200W to my LG 55EF9500. The HDMI port on the TV is in HDR mode. So far, the best I've been able to do is a pink picture, but usually I get none at all.

I can still run the 83 directly through the 4200, out Monitor 2 to a different port on the LG that doesn't have HDR on, though I do have to have it in RGB mode to work at all. However, I want to recover one of the input ports on my 4200, so I was hoping to run the 83 through the 203, but so far without success. I suspect that no one has tried this, but if anyone has both of these players still, and even better, an LG OLED TV, I'd be interested to know if you can get it to work.

I'm trying this on the newest beta. As soon as I upgrade to the release 913 version, I'll try it again, but I suspect there will be no change.

Any ideas?

Dave Barnhart

Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-83, Denon X4200W, Denon X8500H, LG 55EF9500, NVidia Shield TV, Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra, RSL speakers, all Monoprice Premium Certified HDMI cables
post #20497 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 01:45 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbii View Post
This may seem like an odd question, but has anyone that still owns an Oppo BDP-83 tried running it through the HMDI input port on the 203? (I still use the 83 to play certain things that the 203 dropped support for.) My 203 goes through my Denon X4200W to my LG 55EF9500. The HDMI port on the TV is in HDR mode. So far, the best I've been able to do is a pink picture, but usually I get none at all.

I can still run the 83 directly through the 4200, out Monitor 2 to a different port on the LG that doesn't have HDR on, though I do have to have it in RGB mode to work at all. However, I want to recover one of the input ports on my 4200, so I was hoping to run the 83 through the 203, but so far without success. I suspect that no one has tried this, but if anyone has both of these players still, and even better, an LG OLED TV, I'd be interested to know if you can get it to work.

I'm trying this on the newest beta. As soon as I upgrade to the release 913 version, I'll try it again, but I suspect there will be no change.

Any ideas?
In the 203, go to Setup > Device Setup and change the HDMI Input configuration to 1080p. (This is a new setting added in the 0817B Beta, and now also in Official 0913.) This limits the set of formats the HDMI Input will say it can accept during the HDMI handshake with the attached Source device (the 83, in your case), to avoid confusing older devices. After that, you should be good to go.
--Bob
dcbii likes this.

post #20498 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I need help with network settings

I have an AirPort Extreme, Time capsule, and express all on the same network

The 203 seems to be only connecting to the time capsule, which is farther away than the Extreme which is right next to the 203 but the 203 won't connect to the extreme. They all have the same ssid but when I scan for networks there are multiple networks with the same name

I need to get it on the same network as my smartphone to use the app

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #20499 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 02:00 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders4life12 View Post

The 203 seems to be only connecting to the time capsule, which is farther away than the Extreme which is right next to the 203 but the 203 won't connect to the extreme. They all have the same ssid but when I scan for networks there are multiple networks with the same name

Thanks

The easiest way to solve your problem is to run an Ethernet cable between the Extreme and the OPPO. Set the OPPO to use that Ethernet instead of Wifi. Problem solved!

I've also got multiple Apple Airport products, and configuring them for optimum connectivity and throughput can be, umm, a challenge. In my case I use one as the Router for the network. I've run ethernet from that to each of the others. The Router unit and the others are then each set to create their own Wifi SSIDs -- in fact 2 IDs on each for the 2.4GHz band and the 5GHz band from each. Then I can make sure any client device connects to the precise unit I want it to connect to because they all have different SSIDs. I can also force 5GHz capable client devices to connect via 5GHz even if the silly device defaults to 2.4GHz if it finds it. Again, because the SSID names are different. But because all the NON-Router devices are operating as "bridged" -- meaning they defer to the Router unit for setting up in-house addresses and such -- they all appear to be on the SAME network for purposes such as letting the App find the OPPO!

Again, though, if your Extreme is sitting right next to your OPPO as you describe, an Ethernet cable between the two of them is the IDEAL solution.
--Bob

post #20500 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

Thanks

Hi, i had similar problems. I have two Time Capsules - an old one and the newest one with different SSIDs. In the OPPO menu you get for every time capsule an entry - no idea why. I' connected them both to my router. But to get de new one I had at first to switch of the old one reset the WIFI connections in the OPPO and connect the new Time Capsule at first. Then the second. They are both on different WIFIs. But only in this car, and I repeated it several time, I was able to use them both. The other way round I was not able to connect to the new one.
Maybe this could help.
regards Erwin
post #20501 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
In the 203, go to Setup > Device Setup and change the HDMI Input configuration to 1080p. (This is a new setting added in the 0817B Beta, and now also in Official 0913.) This limits the set of formats the HDMI Input will say it can accept during the HDMI handshake with the attached Source device (the 83, in your case), to avoid confusing older devices. After that, you should be good to go.
--Bob
Thanks, that worked, both on 817 and 913. I guess I didn't think about that since when I plugged my Apple TV 3 (also just 1080p) into the port, it worked fine without changing that setting. I guess it negotiates better than the BDP-83 when the HDMI input port is set to 4K HDR. I'm glad that new setting exists, since it works great for this situation. I was worried that meant that the 203 would then not upconvert the 1080p to 4K, but checking the input on the TV, the 203 seems to upconvert properly.

Dave Barnhart

Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-83, Denon X4200W, Denon X8500H, LG 55EF9500, NVidia Shield TV, Apple TV 4K, Roku Ultra, RSL speakers, all Monoprice Premium Certified HDMI cables
post #20502 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 03:52 PM

Ok now it's all connected.
I connected on the 5ghz band and it worked.
Now I need help find out the right username and password to do file sharing from my network devices see picture

I set up windows file sharing on my iMac and the AirPort Extreme has a hard drive attached to it in the network
post #20503 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ If you have a disc drive connected to the Airport Extreme, the default setup would be the name of that extreme (usually the same as the 2.4GHz SSID), and the password you use to access the settings in that Extreme. It is possible to set up separate password protection for the disc attached to the Extreme, and if you done that, then that's what you use.

For the IMAC, you'll have a problem. The type of SMB supported by Apple on the IMAC won't work with the OPPO. You can set up a DLNA server on the IMAC and access files that way. One simple one is FireStream available in the app store for the IMAC.
--Bob

post #20504 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
^ If you have a disc drive connected to the Airport Extreme, the default setup would be the name of that extreme (usually the same as the 2.4GHz SSID), and the password you use to access the settings in that Extreme. It is possible to set up separate password protection for the disc attached to the Extreme, and if you done that, then that's what you use.

For the IMAC, you'll have a problem. The type of SMB supported by Apple on the IMAC won't work with the OPPO. You can set up a DLNA server on the IMAC and access files that way. One simple one is FireStream available in the app store for the IMAC.

--Bob

Is there a setting in here I can change to make it work?

post #20505 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ No. SMB on the IMac won't work with the OPPO.
--Bob

post #20506 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
^ No. SMB on the IMac won't work with the OPPO.

--Bob

Ok. What's a good free Dlna server?

post #20507 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Front display time remaining/app control

I've looked and didn't find anything in the manual, but would like to have the front display to show time remaining, is there a way to do that?

Also am I missing seething in the app, in that it doesn't seem to have common things like the Info button as an option?

LG OLED65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Oppo UDP-203 / Apple TV 4K
post #20508 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4637 Post(s)
Liked: 4484
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackmark View Post
I've looked and didn't find anything in the manual, but would like to have the front display to show time remaining, is there a way to do that?
Bring up the online display, then PAGE UP/DOWN will cycle through elapsed and remaining for title and chapter.

Set it permanently with Setup -> Playback Setup -> OSD Mode = Remaining.

Quote:
Also am I missing seething in the app, in that it doesn't seem to have common things like the Info button as an option?
The Media Control App? I thought so but don't have it onhand at the moment. It has a virtual remote if nothing else.

-Bill
galonzo likes this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #20509 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:02 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:

Bill answered your question about how to set "Remaining" as the default time display.

In the OPPO MediaControl app, there are a set of icons across the bottom for selecting different pages. Select the one for Remote. The app provides two styles of Remote page: Classic, and Touch control. Select Classic if needed. That will look like the physical OPPO remote (scroll up and down to see all). The Info button on the Classic Remote will work like the Info button on the physical remote.

By the way, the Settings page in the app gives you direct access to Setup menu settings without actually having to bring up Setup menu on your TV screen.
--Bob
chi_guy50 likes this.

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 09-16-2017 at 07:31 PM.
post #20510 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:07 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Windows users use "oshare" for simple and effective DLNA.

For Mac, I don't know of a good, free choice. There are several, full-featured DLNA servers you can buy for Mac -- such as JRiver for Mac -- but I've chosen not to use them because they are Java-based. The FireStream DLNA server (in the Mac App store) is a simpler DLNA server that works, and doesn't need Java. It is $15.
--Bob
chi_guy50 likes this.

post #20511 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Bill answered your question about how to set "Remaining" as the default time display.

In the OPPO MediaControl app, there are a set of icons across the bottom for selecting different pages. Select the one for Remote. The app provides two styles of Remote page: Classic, and Touch control. Select Classic if needed. That will look like the physical OPPO remote (scroll up and down to see all). The Info button on the Classic Remote will work like the Info button the physical remote.

By the way, the Settings page in the app gives you direct access to Setup menu settings without actually having to bring up Setup menu on your TV screen.
--Bob
OMG I never realized there were two options! It was always on the touch mode. That's awesome! Also found the "night mode" option that turns the background to black. Very nice!

post #20512 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
Bring up the online display, then PAGE UP/DOWN will cycle through elapsed and remaining for title and chapter.

Set it permanently with Setup -> Playback Setup -> OSD Mode = Remaining.
Thanks! I saw that for the OSD. So that changes the player's display as well?

post #20513 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ Yep.
--Bob

post #20514 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin2017 View Post
Hi, i had similar problems. I have two Time Capsules - an old one and the newest one with different SSIDs. In the OPPO menu you get for every time capsule an entry - no idea why. I' connected them both to my router. But to get de new one I had at first to switch of the old one reset the WIFI connections in the OPPO and connect the new Time Capsule at first. Then the second. They are both on different WIFIs. But only in this car, and I repeated it several time, I was able to use them both. The other way round I was not able to connect to the new one.
Maybe this could help.
regards Erwin
the best way to bridge time capsules/extremes is by hardwire or use power gigabit line adapters. this way one SSID can be used, your primary router will sign Ip adresses and 2nd router is used in bridge mode. your devices will connect to the nearest router when you move around in house. I have hardwired the the TC and Extreme hardwired and added a linksys SE3008 gigabit switch to hardwire all tv and AV components at two locations. no buffering what so ever with multiple 4K streaming and many devices, setup take max 30 minutes literally.
adding flash drive to Extreme ports works better than hard drive one can add a 256 GB flash drive, Oppo will not be able to access this drive.

SONY XBR75X900F: Oppo UDP-203: DirecTv 4K: ATV4K
Marantz SR6013: Aircom T8: Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Definitive Tech. BP9060, CS 9060 HD: Mythos GEM: SM 55
Subwoofer Paradigm X12: Panamax MR4300
Harmony Elite Remote:Philips Hue Ambient Lights
post #20515 of 37216 Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Not sure if this has been addressed so I'll post these findings.

Components:
Oppo 203
Nvidia Shield
Marantz SR7010 Receiver
Sony XBR55x900e

I have an Nvidia Shield 2015 attached to the HDMI In of the Oppo 203. The Latest firmware for the Oppo is installed.

Multi-Channel Audio (lossy or lossless) will not work in this configuration through Kodi 17.4. It will, however, work through Plex.

The 203 defaults to Stereo when no signal is passed through.

When the Shield is playing Live TV, it will play Dolby Digital if the signal is available. If no DD Signal is available it will default back to stereo. Not much of an issue, but when the Shield was attached directly to the receiver, Dolby Surround would appear. (for me at least).

I can adjust the Shield to Upmix stereo to 5.1, and once in a while I may need to restart the Oppo, for the 203/Shield combo will studder with both audio and video.

Kodi Settings

Audio Passthrough is enabled
I've also adjusting the Number of Channels available, 2.0 all the way up to 7.1
My receiver is capable of Dolby Digital, DD True HD, DTS, DTS MA, including Atmos and DTS-X
These audio formats can be reproduced through Plex, but not through Kodi. (again using this Oppo/Shield combination)
When playing any of my BD Rips, or Atmos/DTS trailers, the audio is Stereo. No adjustments in Kodi, the 203, the receiver, or Android TV will fix this issue.

When the Shield is connected directly to the Receiver, Multi-Channel audio will play,which means Lossy and Lossless Multi-channel output.

Personally I do not use Kodi that often, as I primarily use Plex or the 203's ability to stream my video library. I did not notice this issue until a few hours ago when I was testing out a few video files.

I want to post this on the Kodi Forums as well as contact Oppo for support, but I want to hear anyone out just in case there's already a solution.

Sony XBR55X900E
Marantz SR7010/Marantz MM7025
Oppo UDP-203 - Nvidia Shield
XBox One X
Klipsch RP-260f - RP-440C - RP140sa- RP-160m - RB10 - Sony SA-WM500
post #20516 of 37216 Old 09-17-2017, 01:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:

Instead of a DNLA server. I would recommend using NFS sharing. You can set this up using Terminal, or you can use GUI like NFS Manager. This free to use, but has a nag screen every time you change the config, or restart the app.

https://www.bresink.com/osx/NFSManager.html

It was referred to much earlier in this thread. I've been using it for about 5 months.
post #20517 of 37216 Old 09-17-2017, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
This worked for me Bob but it is very inconvenient to have to power cycle all the time. Is this something Oppo is working on fixing?

Thanks

Okay, I play a lot of MKVs with DTS-HD MA or Dolby Digital True Audio.

You don't need to power cycle the Oppo. Just play a standard Dolby Digital 5.1 ac3 track, like on regular DVDs and it seems to reset the player.

And the DTS-HD and True Audio then plays fine. The problem is switching from whatever you first played, where the issue is. If you play a True Audio track then DTS-HD doesn't work following it, or if you play a DTS-HD, then a True Audio doesn't work.

I tend to test my BluRay rips on the Oppo in batches, so I'm often going back and forth between files that have the different audio types. I thought my rips were at fault, until I created a test MKV with all the sound formats.
aguy and galonzo like this.
post #20518 of 37216 Old 09-17-2017, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeApples View Post
After installing the latest beta FW, i can gladly report that my SMB shares from my PC & Macbook are now showing again and media playback works well too. I couldn`t find any info in the release notes about anything network releated but i am glad this works again.
This is still a problem for me and what i wrote in my previous post was only working until i restarted the Oppo and then my SMB shares were gone again. However, i have now found the solution to make the SMB shares visible again but the problem is that the setting in Windows 10 that needs to be changed only works until you restart the computer and then it`s back to the original setting again. Therefore i really hope someone here is good with Windows 10 and maybe have a solution to make this fix permanent.

The fix i found was from a user in the Microsoft support forum linked earlier in this thread (https://social.technet.microsoft.com...tpronetworking) and he tried this with his WDTV and got it working so i wanted to try if this also works with the Oppo and it did.
(Scroll down to august 19th and look for "WDTV user").

So this is what i did in Windows:
1. Control panel --> System & Security --> System --> Change settings in computer name,domain and workgroup --> Network ID --> Click the "This computer is not part of a business network". Don`t restart the computer.
2. Go into Oppo network tab and update with the search button, your SMB shares should now be visible again.

The only problem is that after restarting the PC, this setting goes back to business network and i don`t know how to make this a permanent change. Does anyone know if this is possible via a registry modification and if so, can you describe the process step by step?

DNP Supernova 08-85 116" 2.35:1 | AppleTV 4K | Zidoo X20 | PS4 |
post #20519 of 37216 Old 09-17-2017, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Liked: 1701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Laslett View Post
Okay, I play a lot of MKVs with DTS-HD MA or Dolby Digital True Audio.

You don't need to power cycle the Oppo. Just play a standard Dolby Digital 5.1 ac3 track, like on regular DVDs and it seems to reset the player.

And the DTS-HD and True Audio then plays fine. The problem is switching from whatever you first played, where the issue is. If you play a True Audio track then DTS-HD doesn't work following it, or if you play a DTS-HD, then a True Audio doesn't work.

I tend to test my BluRay rips on the Oppo in batches, so I'm often going back and forth between files that have the different audio types. I thought my rips were at fault, until I created a test MKV with all the sound formats.

Problem is most of my rips only have the lossless track. I can start including the other tracks but I shouldn't have to do that either.

I appreciate mentioning the workaround but that also shouldn't be necessary.

I hope Oppo is working on this as it is a problem with the basic advertised operation of the player.

--------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE:
Lots of stuff. Check the Audio Gear Classifieds
post #20520 of 37216 Old 09-17-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post
Problem is most of my rips only have the lossless track. I can start including the other tracks but I shouldn't have to do that either.

I appreciate mentioning the workaround but that also shouldn't be necessary.

I hope Oppo is working on this as it is a problem with the basic advertised operation of the player.

I agree, Oppo should fix this. Was it an issue on earlier players? IDK

*Edit
Anyway, there are a few early Blurays that only have PCM tracks like Pirates of the Caribbean all you have to do is play that for 30secs and it resets the Oppo and you can get the other sound types to work on other rips, which is better than a hard reset. No need to add extra tracks to your rips, I don't.

*Edit better to use PCM, track,so changed Speed Racer to Pirates of the Caribbean.
WynsWrld98, brian6751 and galonzo like this.

Last edited by Nick Laslett; 09-18-2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page