Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 690 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279151Likes

post #20671 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Region A/B Oppo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Nope.
—Bob
Bob ,

Do you know of any reason why Oppo does not allow multi-region playback of blu ray discs?

Some other players allow this .. a lot of us would like the ability to playback discs from ,say, the UK because either they are cheaper or the content is not available in the US market.

I find it a bit odd that we have to buy a region free mod to enable this functionality.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20672 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 2088
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirky27 View Post
Bob ,

Do you know of any reason why Oppo does not allow multi-region playback of blu ray discs?

Some other players allow this .. a lot of us would like the ability to playback discs from ,say, the UK because either they are cheaper or the content is not available in the US market.

I find it a bit odd that we have to buy a region free mod to enable this functionality.

Thanks.
No manufacturer "allows" it. It is controlled by the BDA and studios not the player manufacturers.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #20673 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
No manufacturer "allows" it. It is controlled by the BDA and studios not the player manufacturers.
Thank you.

I'm saying, to be specific, that some players- like Sony- will play discs from regions A and B.

Oppo will be limited to region A.

I'm asking if you know why.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20674 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Bob ,

Thanks.
The Blu-Ray licensing in the U.S. does not allow for multi-region playback and Oppo can't make an unlicensed player. There is a free software mod available that allows playback of DVDs from any region. Playback of Blu-Ray discs requires a hardware mod (a little circuit that plugs into the main board of the Oppo or an external mod that plugs into the rear). There are several such hardware mods available. UHD does not have region coding. See here for information on modding the Oppo yourself. It is a pretty simple process. I have three Oppo Blu-Ray players (83SE, 105 and 203). All have added hardware mods which I have done myself. None took more than 10 minutes to install. Oppo has never refused warranty service on a region-free modded player though they have sometimes had to remove an internal mod to fix a problem. They always return the mod hardware.
gwsat likes this.

post #20675 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 AM

Region Free Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
The Blu-Ray licensing in the U.S. does not allow for multi-region playback and Oppo can't make an unlicensed player. There is a free software mod available that allows playback of DVDs from any region. Playback of Blu-Ray discs requires a hardware mod (a little circuit that plugs into the main board of the Oppo or an external mod that plugs into the rear). There are several such hardware mods available. UHD does not have region coding. See here for information on modding the Oppo yourself. It is a pretty simple process. I have three Oppo Blu-Ray players (83SE, 105 and 203). All have added hardware mods which I have done myself. None took more than 10 minutes to install. Oppo has never refused warranty service on a region-free modded player though they have sometimes had to remove an internal mod to fix a problem. They always return the mod hardware.
Thank you Bob for your comprehensive response.
post #20676 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked: 2088
Quote:
Thank you.

I'm saying, to be specific, that some players- like Sony- will play discs from regions A and B.

Oppo will be limited to region A.

I'm asking if you know why.

Thanks again.
UHD Blu-ray discs are region free. DVDs and Blu-rays are region locked or region free depending on the mood of the studio. Sonys will play standard Blu-ray discs for that specific region or any BD labeled ABC (all regions). So will the Oppo.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #20677 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 08:42 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5828 Post(s)
Liked: 8303
^ Also be aware that quite a few SD-DVD and Blu-ray discs *LABELED* as being Region Locked are not actually locked. That is, they will play in any player anywhere despite what it says on the packaging.

This causes no end of confusion when trying to deal with claims that such and so player, out of the box, is Region Free for Blu-ray for example.

In some parts of the world, local laws override the industry licensing restrictions and require that players be sold Region Free -- often only for SD-DVD discs, though.

So for example, the OPPO Distributor in Australia has to do the equivalent of applying the SuperDisc update to make the players Region Free for SD-DVD there.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #20678 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
^ Also be aware that quite a few SD-DVD and Blu-ray discs *LABELED* as being Region Locked are not actually locked. That is, they will play in any player anywhere despite what it says on the packaging.

This causes no end of confusion when trying to deal with claims that such and so player, out of the box, is Region Free for Blu-ray for example.

In some parts of the world, local laws override the industry licensing restrictions and require that players be sold Region Free -- often only for SD-DVD discs, though.

So for example, the OPPO Distributor in Australia has to do the equivalent of applying the SuperDisc update to make the players Region Free for SD-DVD there.
--Bob
Thanks!!!
post #20679 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1245 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Have a 203 arriving today. Couple setup questions. My current TV (which will be replaced soon with an LG oled) is a 2011 Samsung 1080p plasma. When using it's 24Hz mode (Cinemasmooth) black levels noticebly increase. This was a known issue with these sets. So I tend to use 60Hz and motion has been good enough for me. I'm wondering with the Oppos excellent video processing should I have it do the frame conversion and output as 1080p 60hz or let TV do the conversion? Or does it not matter?

Additionally wondering about utility of HDMI input. Other sources include Tivo Roamio, ATV 4 (to be replaced by 4K), media pc running plex primarily for my ripped blu-rays. Everything goes through my denon x4300h. Any advantage of using the HDMI input of the Oppo for any of these sources? Is it mostly useful if you don't have enough HDMI inputs or are people using it for it's video processing and if that's the case in what scenarios is it most beneficial? Thanks.

LG OLED65C7P (Chad B Calibrated) | Denon X4300H | Tivo Roamio OTA | Nvidia Shield | ATV 4K | Oppo UDP-203 | Plex server
5.2.4 | Front Klipsch RP-160M x2 | Center Klipsch RP-450C | Surrounds Klipsch RP-150M x2 | Atmos Klipsch RP-140SA x 4 | Subs SVS PC-4000 x 2
post #20680 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 09:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Please report this to OPPO Tech Support: Phone model, phone firmware, and what you are doing when the app crashes.

You can use the Email Us link on OPPO’s support page for the player.
—Bob
Reported via the technical help contact form to Oppo UK. Will also report to Oppo HQ. Thanks.
post #20681 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Sadly I won't have a new Apple TV in hand until Monday, but I'm looking forward to plugging it into my Oppo 203 to see what chaos ensues. I'm sure someone will be ahead of me by then.

Pioneer ELITE PRO-720HD | Pioneer PDP-5010FD | Sony XBR-55X850B | LG OLED55E6P
OPPO BDP-103 | OPPO UDP-203
PlayStation 4 Pro | Xbox One X
post #20682 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 4469 Post(s)
Liked: 5474
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
In addition to what Bob said: the Oppo knows nothing about Auro. Auro can only be detected and dealt with via a device that contains Auro decoding. If the audio track that contains the Auro information is encoded in a DTS 5.1 track, that is what the Oppo will display. Your AVR or processor that is Auro-capable will detect the extra Auro data in the bitstream coming from the Oppo and deal with it. It is your AVR or processor that will display that it is receiving Auro. The same thing applies with Atmos or DTS:X. Only the device capable of dealing with those formats will identify them. Oppo's bitstream output should pass all the information in the audio track for the AVR or processor to handle. Auro, Atmos or DTS:X immersive data is included in that bitstream as additional information. Bob refers to this kind of data as 'sprinkles', which is as good a term as any.
After more investigation, as you described, it has nothing to do with the Oppo. What's happening is my new Marantz SR7012 is not automatically switching to Auro-3D when I play the demo disk. It switches to all the other formats automatically, just not Auro-3D. Probably a bug because my older 7009 switches fine.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #20683 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by confinoj View Post

Additionally wondering about utility of HDMI input. Other sources include Tivo Roamio, ATV 4 (to be replaced by 4K), media pc running plex primarily for my ripped blu-rays. Everything goes through my denon x4300h. Any advantage of using the HDMI input of the Oppo for any of these sources? Is it mostly useful if you don't have enough HDMI inputs or are people using it for it's video processing and if that's the case in what scenarios is it most beneficial? Thanks.
I have a Bolt+ and have tested the Oppo/Bolt+ combo within the confines of having the Oppo attempt to behave as close as possible to a pass-through. Watching live TV was mostly problem free with occasional handshake issues. Specifically, if you shut off the display and go to sleep you'll wake up to a blank screen once you booted up the display; recycling the Oppo always cured the problem. Using the Bolt+'s streaming apps was more of a mixed bag inasmuch as under some scenarios you can set the Tivo to produce signals that will cause severe lip sync issues which could not be rectified. Moreover, the Tivo's apps are notoriously out of date compared to other platforms. Nevertheless, the Bolt is the best performing TiVo yet and that alone should be impetus to upgrade; you'll be more than pleased with its performance.

Two Xbox One S upgrades, the XBox which I'm also using to explore the Oppo's HDMI In interface, and the officially released 203's firmware has slowed my repeat of these tests but will be completed shortly.

Don't you just wish HDMI would crawl off to some darkened corner and die a sad, lonely death?

Last edited by Operon; 09-22-2017 at 11:51 AM.
post #20684 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
The HDMI electronics in the devices at each end of the cable attempt to correct for the degradation of the signal as it travels the length of the cable — called “equalization”. To do that they have to make some assumptions about how much degradation will happen, and the key factor is the length of the cable.

The sweet spot for the design is 6 feet — 2 meters.
—Bob
Thank you for response Bob. I ordered two 6ft. Blue Jean cables and will get another two next week.
post #20685 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairy View Post
Start your equipment in the following order

TV and wait until it has gone through it's turn on process
Ensure TV is set to correct input
Turn on AVR and wait for it to be fully started up
Turn on Oppo

Good luck
I'll certainly give that a try...but one fact I left out is that I have no problem getting the Oppo main screen with handshake issue/no pink screen in between. So the initial handshake is not the problem. It's a 2nd handshake (?) that happens when I start disc playback.

LG OLED65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Oppo UDP-203 / Apple TV 4K
post #20686 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 19
In the middle of watching a DVD (not BR) commercial copy of "Hell or High Water," the audio muted and a Cinavia copyright message pertaining to playback of audio appeared. Went to Cinavia's site and read explanation of Message 3.

The info there doesn't seem to pertain to my HOHW disc which is an authorized release with original box and disc graphics.

In all the years of viewing DVD and BR discs with several players from different manufacturers (Marantz, Oppo, Samsung, etc) I have never encountered this problem before.

Very frustrating.

Thoughts anyone?
post #20687 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3846 Post(s)
Liked: 3084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Oz View Post
In the middle of watching a DVD (not BR) commercial copy of "Hell or High Water," the audio muted and a Cinavia copyright message pertaining to playback of audio appeared. Went to Cinavia's site and read explanation of Message 3.

The info there doesn't seem to pertain to my HOHW disc which is an authorized release with original box and disc graphics.

In all the years of viewing DVD and BR discs with several players from different manufacturers (Marantz, Oppo, Samsung, etc) I have never encountered this problem before.

Very frustrating.

Thoughts anyone?
Cinavia is telling you that the disc is a copy, not original. If you feel this is in error, you should contact Oppo with the bar code of the DVD. But in any case its not going to play for you.
post #20688 of 37216 Old 09-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring5 View Post
After this response from Oppo regarding the log I sent with picture stutter using the HDMI In and the Uverse receiver, I question that it wil ever being fixed.

"We have updated the engineers with your results and they will continue to work on having the errors replicated and resolved through a future firmware release."
I have the same problem but solved it when it happens by going to the device settings and changing the resolution to 720p then back to 1080 it fixes the stutter not a fix but till they get the firmware.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7.2.4 Anthem AVM60
Marantz MM9000, MM7055, Odyssey Stratos Stereo Extreme amps
Revel F52's and C52 center (4)M106 surrounds (4) C763L ceiling
Zappiti One HDR 4K, OPPO UDP-203
post #20689 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 01:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 5398 Post(s)
Liked: 3813
Watched Kong Skull Island DV HDR via the newest Apple TV 4K tonight on my E6, and like other DV movies on disc via the 203, there were a few scenes with elevated black bars. Paused the movie and switched the ATV to HDR, replayed the scenes, and the black bars remained black through the movie. I'm not sure why this continues with DV HDR, both discs and streaming, but it's pushing me away from buying any more DV HDR discs.

LG 65E6P OLED - LG 65EF9500 OLED - OPPO 203 - OPPO 103D
post #20690 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass2k View Post
I tried this file and I get the same results, probably the way the file was encoded. There is another version of this file that plays in HDR(no HLG)through the OPPO. The good news is that there are other files that play HLG fine through the OPPO.

https://youtu.be/qShr3wsMOPQ

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wonder if it's related to the LG one being 59.976 fps but the travelXP one is 50fps.

Last edited by chrisdack; 09-23-2017 at 03:14 AM.
post #20691 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
I have the same problem but solved it when it happens by going to the device settings and changing the resolution to 720p then back to 1080 it fixes the stutter not a fix but till they get the firmware.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It doesn't work. I have to turn it off and on. Unfortunately I'm
not always home when it happens.

Meridian Audio G65 Sound Processor/UHD 722 HDMI Audio Processor/M6 Active Speakers, Sony A1E 65" OLED 4k UHD, Apple TV, Sony UBP-X1100ES
post #20692 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 05:53 AM
wl1
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
After more investigation, as you described, it has nothing to do with the Oppo. What's happening is my new Marantz SR7012 is not automatically switching to Auro-3D when I play the demo disk. It switches to all the other formats automatically, just not Auro-3D. Probably a bug because my older 7009 switches fine.

It seems you may have sorted your answer, but your question prompted me to check.....all OK here on the 203. Pics may help you....

galonzo likes this.

Ken Kreisel Twin DXD808, Q125 LCR, x4 Q125 TriFX, x4 QFH - for Atmos 7.2.4/Auro 9.2/DTS:X 11.2
Oppo 93 & 203 & Sony VPLHW55ES PJ with Lumagen 2020, 2.35:1 Seymour AT XD screen. Logitech Ultimate One & Hub, SqBox Touch & Philips Hue. Nakamichi AVP1 with Denon X7200WA. With MiniDSP 2x4.
post #20693 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Question Server error w/ FW update UDP20X-50-0817B --> UDP20X-50-0913

I updated my Oppo UDP-203 firmware on 08/23/17 via USB with:
Release date: August 23, 2017.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release

Main Version: UDP20X-50-0817B
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118, MCU205-01-1220

My impression is that I should be able to update to the similar (? identical ?) Official FW:
http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-2...3-Support.aspx

Latest Official Release Version
Release date: September 13, 2017
Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: UDP20X-50-0913
Loader Version: TF0033
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118

...via ethernet.

When I test connection it works in Oppo settings menu.
However, when I attempt to update FW I get an error, cannot connect to server message.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Mike

*EDIT*
I just noted that the loader version are different from beta to official. Could that be the issue?
Why wasn't beta FW loader used in Official?

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link

Last edited by Mike_WI; 09-23-2017 at 06:26 AM. Reason: notes
post #20694 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:28 AM
Mike D

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
I updated my Oppo UDP-203 firmware on 08/23/17 via USB with:
Release date: August 23, 2017.
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release

Main Version: UDP20X-50-0817B
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118, MCU205-01-1220

My impression is that I should be able to update to the similar (? identical ?) Official FW:
http://oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-2...3-Support.aspx

Latest Official Release Version
Release date: September 13, 2017
Category: Latest Official Release

Main Version: UDP20X-50-0913
Loader Version: TF0033
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118

...via ethernet.

When I test connection it works in Oppo settings menu.
However, when I attempt to update FW I get an error, cannot connect to server message.

Anything I'm doing wrong?

Mike
I had the same issue... Did the Beta with USB then was not able to do the official FW updated via ethernet...receiving same msg. I just did the Official via USB... reset settings and after a day or two my network said I had the most current FW. The server must have been slammed with users... Also..After I did do the Official update via USB... The network still said not able to connect to server... just a few days later all was good. Oppo support told me to reset router and settings in oppo.

Mike
galonzo and Mike_WI like this.
post #20695 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog56 View Post
I had the same issue... Did the Beta with USB then was not able to do the official FW updated via ethernet...receiving same msg. I just did the Official via USB... reset settings and after a day or two my network said I had the most current FW. The server must have been slammed with users... Also..After I did do the Official update via USB... The network still said not able to connect to server... just a few days later all was good. Oppo support told me to reset router and settings in oppo.

Mike
Thanks.
Will try that or just wait for next FW update.
Was just a curious finding.

Mike

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
post #20696 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:37 AM
Mike D

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_WI View Post
Thanks.
Will try that or just wait for next FW update.
Was just a curious finding.

Mike
No Problem!! I would do the Official FW update via USB though....

Mike
post #20697 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5828 Post(s)
Liked: 8303
^ Update from the Public Beta to the Official 0913 firmware is only supported via USB or CD disc install. No Network install for that update.

The Loader version in Official 0913 is correct. The newer Loader in the Public Beta was held back for further testing.
—Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #20698 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
TECHNICAL NOTE: Understanding SD Resolution Aspect Ratio

-------------------------------

Which brings us to Source Direct output.

If you play 4:3 SD content using Source Direct, the player (in the current, 0913, firmware) will output SD flagged as 4:3 and WILL NOT ADD the Pillar Box Bars.

Which means your TV can now add the Pillar Box Bars as part of *ITS* job of upscaling that SD video to the HD resolution (1080p or 4K) needed to light up the screen.

This is the *CORRECT* result, and fixes a bug in earlier Source Direct output.
--Bob
... Bob, excuse me, around here on this Thread you should be addressed as "Mr. Bob" not just for your Thread Post Count alone but also for your invaluable input ! Your Post also touches on the subject matter of "Upscaling" which has been discussed in the past. This Upscale Matter has come up again in a different Thread and I am checking to see if any facts have changed or if "Upscaling" is still subjective in nature given the circumstances. Is there "really" any noticeable P.Q. difference when using the Oppo to Upscale UHD Video Content or the use of one's UHD Display to Upscale UHD Video Content ? Is there any advantage to use one Upscaling Feature over another or do these high end components use the same latest technology hardware to Upscale Video Content ? Opinions and Believes are fine for the individual when choosing an "Upscaling" Setting but real world facts and results outweigh one's opinionated preference. In the past I had tried both the Oppo and my Display to perform the Upscaling and saw no noticeable difference. If somewhere along the line something has changed to give one component an advantage over another then I will happily use that Component Setting. TIA !

Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha 3060, Oppo 203, Oppo 103D, LG 65E7P, Sony UBP-X800

Last edited by TomcatTLC; 09-23-2017 at 12:49 PM.
post #20699 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1305 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Watched Wonder Woman 4K last night on my Oppo 203, and there was audio/video sync issues. From what I could tell the audio was just ahead of the video.

How do I fix this? Do I do it in the 203's audio delay (my past experience with adjusting this showed it didn't do anything at all)?

Or should I do it in my AVR (Marantz SR7010)?
post #20700 of 37216 Old 09-23-2017, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Hi all-

I have the Apple 4k and was wondering if I would see any gain by running it through my Oppo 203?

Right now, it's hooked up to the Yamaha 3060.

Thoughts? The Apple TV 4k audio is pretty bad since it's NOT bitstream.

Thank you!

TiVo Bolt (TiVo zealot since 2003)
Yamaha 3060 (BEAST RECEIVER), Oppo 203
Nvidia Shield TV, Apple TV 4K, PS4 Pro, XBOX X
Finally an owner of the OLED65B6P!!!
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, 2005 - 2007, The Gambia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page