Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 915 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279351Likes

post #27421 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8329
Quote:
Originally Posted by epetti View Post
On this note, I was just asking this question on a receiver thread, but Monoprice also offers Active HDMI cables that go up to 60 ft and are advertised as full 18 Gbps 4k 60Hz capable. Is there a catch? Any reason these couldn't be used for longer runs?

Monoprice sells some from DynamicView and HOSS. It doesn't seem like false advertising.
I'd be very surprised if those cables carry the Premium Certified label.

I'd say it's a gamble.
--Bob
bbbobbb and galonzo like this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27422 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post

I'd say it's a gamble.
--Bob
They do not. Monoprice is very upfront about the cables that are actually "Premium Certified/Certified Premium" and display the holographic logo for those cables.

Their site is confusing since they do use all the buzzwords/specs/logos that one would expect a "Premium Certified" to do but as always unless the actual HDMI.org holographic logo is listed in the specs it ain't one...

As of right now there are 23 "lines" of HDMI cables at monoprice.

I see only TWO lines that are Certified Premium...both start their name with Certified Premium.
galonzo likes this.
post #27423 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Umm, yes it does. It won't play 4K content, but it can upscale lower resolution content to 4K output. 4K/60 output will be limited to 4:2:0 format.

And no HDR.
--Bob
Oops, I stand corrected. I totally missed the reference to 4Kx2K when I downloaded the 103 user manual from Oppo.
Btw. I have now gotten a third copy of UDP Blade Runner 2049 with the still unwatchable darkness (Unless I max out
brightness under "Picture Adjustment")

Again, thoughts?

See: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post55905242

--Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27424 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked: 4552
Quote:

I'd say it's a gamble.

--Bob

Plus the certification process does not test every cable but rather a sampling from each batch produced. So even if it has the premium logo, it can still be a dud.
galonzo likes this.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #27425 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbobbb View Post
They do not. Monoprice is very upfront about the cables that are actually "Premium Certified/Certified Premium" and display the holographic logo for those cables.

Their site is confusing since they do use all the buzzwords/specs/logos that one would expect a "Premium Certified" to do but as always unless the actual HDMI.org holographic logo is listed in the specs it ain't one...

As of right now there are 23 "lines" of HDMI cables at monoprice.

I see only TWO lines that are Certified Premium...both start their name with Certified Premium.

I've also seen RUIPRO fiber optic HDMI on Amazon with very long runs that claims full spec. I've seen people in other threads use them successfully. They're fiber optic which is what people are recommending for this length, but not certified premium. It does make me wonder how much of this gets to be like THX where equipment would come out that could pass their certification, but the company didn't want to bother to pay the money just to get the label.
post #27426 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by epetti View Post
I've also seen RUIPRO fiber optic HDMI on Amazon with very long runs that claims full spec. I've seen people in other threads use them successfully. They're fiber optic which is what people are recommending for this length, but not certified premium. It does make me wonder how much of this gets to be like THX where equipment would come out that could pass their certification, but the company didn't want to bother to pay the money just to get the label.
From what I have read there is no certification program for fiber optic cables yet. Feedback from owners is the only source of information. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the (is this going to work or not) issue? Fortunately my 6' Monoprice premium certified cables work just fine.

galonzo and Matt2026 like this.

Main 4K Setup: LG OLED55E6P, Oppo UDP-203, Denon AVR X-4500H,AudioSource 2 channel amp,(3) Hsu CCB-8 bookshelf speakers, (2) Hsu HB-1 speakers,(Monoprice Monolith 28" speaker stands, (4) Dayton Audio IO655B speakers, Hsu VTF-2 and VTF-3 subs, 10" Monolith THX sub, Roku Ultra, Amazon Fire TV4K, Monoprice premium certified HDMI cables
post #27427 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 07:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
From what I have read there is no certification program for fiber optic cables yet. Feedback from owners is the only source of information. I'm glad I don't have to deal with the (is this going to work or not) issue? Fortunately my 6' Monoprice premium certified cables work just fine.

I run a 40' Ruipro between my x3400h and JVC 520, and Blue Jeans Belden FE 8' certified premium HDMI between my other equipment to the Denon (Oppo, Shield); no issues at 17.82gbps (2160P 4:2:2 12 bit 60 fps).
galonzo likes this.
post #27428 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 08:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 175
All this talk about cables has me amused. I use the cable that came with the 203 between it and the TV. The audio only port the goes to my olden Denon 1909 is also an olden (more than a decade old) 3' Monoprice that is only certified as 1.3 and only needs to be. The cable that feeds the Oppo input is another decade old Monoprice (both of those mentioned are the old style with the fat filters on each end) that is a "high speed with Ethernet and pre HDMI 1.4 standard. The other end of that 2nd Mono...cable goes to my fully capable 18gbps 4k HDR/DV switcher and I use a variety of "free" cables that that I have acquired from Craptastic over the past few years. I have no idea if they are "certified premium" and I suspect not. Both my 4k DVR set-tops from them came with these exact same cables. They all say "high speed with Ethernet". I don't now the length but I do know they are all shorter than 6' but longer than 3'. I suspect they are 1.5m in length. The other cables I use are more olden Monoprice both 3' and 6' and each of my 4k switches came with 2 cables of the same length as the Craptastic ones. I've used just about all of these at one point or anther for full capabilities (4k, HDR, DV etc.) with ZERO HDMI or handshake related issues. Maybe I am lucky, maybe not but my philosophy is to always try and see if it works. Generally with HDMI it is going to work or not and I have rarely seen issues related to cables. I suspect that since I'm using a switcher and have a not modern cable from it to the Oppo input that I am introducing just enough loss to make the chain more like a 6'. A guess. I don't understand a ton about the cheep switchers that I am using other than they work really well and are not limiting what I need to do. If I had a computer hooked up it would probably be an issue but for movies of any quality and source I have available everything seems "peachy".

I do have an issue with my switcher locking up when I don't have all the ports filled (but not with only one port filled) but it turns out one of them is sensitive to something. I haven't had a chance to try the "free" replacement the company sent me and assured me they had seen the problem before and the replacement (a revision) should fix the problem. At first I though it was a cable issue so I tried my best cables and still had the same issues with my cheapest/oldest cables..

This may change at some point but all the issues I currently have are due to poorly engineered equipment and or software/firmware or a lack of features that should be in my IMOHO "expensive" gear and Oppo is also included in that lot I.E. no DD+/Atomos on the ARC:HDMI OUT (which is confusing since the ARC is an input to the Oppo so I often refer to it as the ARC-Input of the player). Here I thought it was my TV but I'm thinking now that it is ok and the unit at fault is the Oppo and not the TV. I will only know IF and WHEN Oppo decides to stop "investigating" ARC capabilities and actually implement what most companies already have. Maybe we will luck out and they will be able to do eARC. My understanding is that HDMI 2.1 is NOT required for eARC but will likely come out with most devices with the update to the HDMI 2.1 standard. Which begs the question; does anyone know of the 203 is possibly engineered and updatable to any of the 2.1 capabilities. I doubt for bandwidth but some features might be supportable? All I want now is 7.1 DD+ ARC: HDMI OUT/ARC-input capability which I think might make several people happy not just folks like me that are entirely happy with their AVRs but that they just happen to not be HDMI 2.x capable.
post #27429 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 2164 Post(s)
Liked: 1696
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Just because the low bandwidth ATV signal works (DV or not)
The HDMI bandwidth required is the same.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500H/LG C8
post #27430 of 37528 Old 03-27-2018, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100010 View Post
I run a 40' Ruipro between my x3400h and JVC 520, and Blue Jeans Belden FE 8' certified premium HDMI between my other equipment to the Denon (Oppo, Shield); no issues at 17.82gbps (2160P 4:2:2 12 bit 60 fps).

Same

A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD
Oppo 203
Xbox One S
Denon AVR X6300W
Dolby Atmos 5.2.4
Origin Acoustics Theater 68
post #27431 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 12:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Hoping someone might be able to assist. My remote factory remote stopped working. Put in new batteries and still nothing. Odd thing is the same thing is happening with my Harmony elite the Opposite won't respond. The Harmony controls everything else but all of a sudden they both stopped working. I had to use the app on my phone. Seems odd that both the factory remote and Harmony both stopped responding tonight.
Any ideas on how to fix?

Last edited by sdchrgrboy; 03-28-2018 at 12:58 AM.
post #27432 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 01:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 522
Your Oppo can be set to respond to one of 3 remote codes. Could this have been changed by mistake? The setting on on the "Device Setup" page of settings, page 68 of my manual.

LG OLED65E6V, Yamaha RX-A3060 AVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q 2TB, Chromecast Ultra
Home-built Ivy Bridge i5-3570K HTPC, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX1050 GPU with Plex and Jriver Media Centre,
Ruipro 15M Fiber HDMI cable, B&W FPM speakers, Logitech Harmony Ultimate intelligent remote.
post #27433 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by calentz View Post
Btw. I have now gotten a third copy of UDP Blade Runner 2049 with the still unwatchable darkness (Unless I max out

Again, thoughts?
My first thought would be: Stop re-buying the disc, every single one is going to give you the same result. It's not like buying VHS, where you could get one that was soft and another that was noisy due to bad duplication. They're all going to be the same.

As other posters have already pointed out, it's almost certainly down to the US BR2049 disc being mastered to 10,000 nits, despite the peak pixel value being less than 200 nits. The guilty party is going to be your TV and how it tone-maps, not your Oppo. You need to speak to your TV manufacturer's technical support. Also worth checking into the thread for your TV on this forum, if there is one.

As an alternative, you could import the UK disc, which is mastered to 4000 nits. I can only speak from my own experience of playing it on my 203 onto a Panasonic OLED, but it produces a perfectly good picture on my set-up.

Panasonic TX-55EZ952B OLED / Oppo UDP-203 / Onkyo TX-NR555 / B&W 600 Series + Elac A4 Atmos

Last edited by steverobertsbbc; 03-28-2018 at 01:55 AM.
post #27434 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 03:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 736 Post(s)
Liked: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post
Hoping someone might be able to assist. My remote factory remote stopped working. Put in new batteries and still nothing. Odd thing is the same thing is happening with my Harmony elite the Opposite won't respond. The Harmony controls everything else but all of a sudden they both stopped working. I had to use the app on my phone. Seems odd that both the factory remote and Harmony both stopped responding tonight.
Any ideas on how to fix?
Sounds like the IR receiver in the Oppo may have given up. Seems odd both remotes would give up. Anything blocking it? is it clean? Yes, and as suggested by jong1, check settings to make sure the remote code didn't change.

Your 203 is still under warranty. You could send in your remote and request another one, if the above suggestions don't work out. If a new remote doesn't work, and there is nothing blocking IR, it's clean, and the remote code didn't change, then you may need to send the player in for service.

Supercharged Song Towers, Oppo BDP-203, Anthem MRX-520, LG B6 OLED
Headphone Rig: Oppo BDP-95, Burson Audio Soloist MKII Headphone amp/ Sennheiser HD800S, Sennheiser HD650
post #27435 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

....... but do check the remote code first! That's the least hassle solution for sure.

LG OLED65E6V, Yamaha RX-A3060 AVR, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, Sky Q 2TB, Chromecast Ultra
Home-built Ivy Bridge i5-3570K HTPC, 8GB RAM and Nvidia GTX1050 GPU with Plex and Jriver Media Centre,
Ruipro 15M Fiber HDMI cable, B&W FPM speakers, Logitech Harmony Ultimate intelligent remote.
post #27436 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Right - so now you have to completely disable the windows updates or you'll be sitting on a pile of $#!+ all over again. The windows restore to previous version won't get you back to 1607 - another little MS "feature".

@boe Interesting: I disabled the Samba share on the router, and the Oppo didn't pick up any of the Windows shares again. So it would seem that version 1607 of Windows 10 also doesn't play ball with Samba.

TV: LG OLED 55C7
Player: Oppo UDP-203
AVR: Cambridge Audio CXR200
Speakers: PSB Imagine T2 towers (bi-amped), PSB Image C5 centre, Monitor Audio Bronze FX surrounds (bipole), Velodyne Impact 10 sub
post #27437 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100010 View Post
I can also confirm that the Ruipro hybrid cable is an excellent choice for those of us who need a cable that works reliably at longer lengths. My rack isn’t close to my display, so I need a cable slightly longer than 20 feet. Knowing that the reliability of even a “certified” cable at these lengths can be marginal, I opted to give the 10 meter Ruipro a try.

I run 6 foot Monoprice “Premium Certified” cables between my sources and AVP and the 35 foot Ruipro “hybrid” between my AVP and display. It works perfectly.

35 feet is a little longer than what I need, but the excess cable can be loosely (and easily) coiled behind my rack without causing issues.

Highly recommended...
galonzo and Nick Martelli like this.
post #27438 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 05:59 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4673 Post(s)
Liked: 4548
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post
Sounds like the IR receiver in the Oppo may have given up. Seems odd both remotes would give up. Anything blocking it? is it clean? Yes, and as suggested by jong1, check settings to make sure the remote code didn't change.

Your 203 is still under warranty. You could send in your remote and request another one, if the above suggestions don't work out. If a new remote doesn't work, and there is nothing blocking IR, it's clean, and the remote code didn't change, then you may need to send the player in for service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post
....... but do check the remote code first! That's the least hassle solution for sure.
^Agreed.

Also check Setup -> Device Setup -> IR In to verify that it hasn't been switched to "Back".

Is there any other IR source in the room that may be confusing the gear? 3D display with active shutter glasses?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #27439 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Oooh yes, good point

post #27440 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 06:09 AM
boe
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakkiran View Post
@boe Interesting: I disabled the Samba share on the router, and the Oppo didn't pick up any of the Windows shares again. So it would seem that version 1607 of Windows 10 also doesn't play ball with Samba.

I have 1607 and it definitely works - type winver and verify it hasn't updated. Other than that you might want to reboot your pc and make sure the computer browser service is running.
post #27441 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 55
is there a current feature or will Oppo be releasing a feature to quick scrolls through BT2020 off Modes? Some 4k discs look better in Mode 3 vs 4 vs 2 and its difficult to go to the menu>picture>HDR>MOde, and scroll. I wonder if there is an ability to just hit the current HDR button to get it to scroll?
post #27442 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotwell View Post
is there a current feature or will Oppo be releasing a feature to quick scrolls through BT2020 off Modes? Some 4k discs look better in Mode 3 vs 4 vs 2 and its difficult to go to the menu>picture>HDR>MOde, and scroll. I wonder if there is an ability to just hit the current HDR button to get it to scroll?
If you’re up for using your smartphone the OPPO media control app will give you more direct control over the HDR mode.
stevenjw and galonzo like this.

Clark
post #27443 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 08:36 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
If you’re up for using your smartphone the OPPO media control app will give you more direct control over the HDR mode.
Agreed. Be sure you are getting the MediaControl 20x app for iOS or Android -- not the older MediaControl 10x app for the 103/105 players. Links to the correct app are on OPPO's Support page for the player:

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-...3-Support.aspx

Also remember that if you change HDR settings while the playback is Paused, they won't take full effect until you Play again.

You can use A-B Repeat button on the Remote if you want to repeatedly look at a scene with different settings to see which you prefer. Press once to set the starting (A) point. Press again to set the ending (B) point. Press a third time to remove the A-B repeat.
--Bob
galonzo and chi_guy50 like this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #27444 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2274 Post(s)
Liked: 2339
Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2814 View Post
I can but if I already have a cable that will work then no need. Besides after the new tv, the 203, new surrounds and a second sub all added recently saving a few bucks by not buying an item I already have certainly wouldn’t hurt.

A penny saved is a penny earned and all that. 😇
As serendipity would have it, Monoprice is having a sale today and through the end of the month specifically on certified premium HDMI cables. Use promo code CERTIFIED to get 10% off.

How's that for pennies saved?

Living Room: Sony XBR-65Z9D; Oppo UDP-203; Nvidia Shield TV; Roku Ultra; Denon AVR-X8500H (9.1.4/13.1); Polk Audio RTiA7 (Fl/r), CSiA6 (C), RTiA5 (Sl/r & FW), OWM5 (SB), 80F/X-RT (FH, RH); SVS SB-2000 (SW)
Bedroom: Sony XBR-55HX929, DarbeeVision DVP 5000S, Amazon Fire TV 4K, Yamaha R-N402 Network Receiver, Polk Audio LSiM703
post #27445 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by jong1 View Post
Thanks. I did check the remote code and its still on 1, IR location is still set to front. I am thinking its the IR no longer receiving the signal.

Last edited by sdchrgrboy; 03-28-2018 at 09:56 AM.
post #27446 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 402 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Thanks. I did check the remote code and its still on 1, IR location is still set to front. I am thinking its the IR no longer receiving the signal.
do you have a xbox kinect? that interferes with my IR headphones.

Family Room
LG OLED65C6P, Denon AVRX2400H, Oppo 203, XBOX One S

Bedroom
TCL 55R615, Samsung UBD-K8500
post #27447 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Double check that the new batteries in the Remote are both inserted the correct way around. Try another set of new batteries too.

Power off the player. Unplug it from wall power. While still unplugged, press and hold the Power button on the Front Panel for a few seconds (to discharge any residual power). Plug back in.

Power up using the Tray Open button on the Front Panel.

While the Tray remains open. Point the Remote and press and hold Enter button for 5 seconds.

Does the Remote code number appear in the Front Panel? If so, you should be back in business.

If not, try again, but this time while unplugged also disconnect everything else attached to the OPPO. This is in case a faulty device or cable is screwing up power.

If still no luck, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support as your player likely needs Warranty service.
—Bob

post #27448 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 1397 Post(s)
Liked: 1843
Quote:
Quote:
Double check that the new batteries in the Remote are both inserted the correct way around. Try another set of new batteries too.

Power off the player. Unplug it from wall power. While still unplugged, press and hold the Power button on the Front Panel for a few seconds (to discharge any residual power). Plug back in.

Power up using the Tray Open button on the Front Panel.

While the Tray remains open. Point the Remote and press and hold Enter button for 5 seconds.

Does the Remote code number appear in the Front Panel? If so, you should be back in business.

If not, try again, but this time while unplugged also disconnect everything else attached to the OPPO. This is in case a faulty device or cable is screwing up power.

If still no luck, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support as your player likely needs Warranty service.
—Bob
I experienced this, and the above steps resolved it for me (only needed up to plugging it back in, then all was well again); an "Energy Efficient" power off/on doesn't seem to be enough to "reset" the IR module.

Main: UN78HU9000/SEK-3500 | X4500H (Klipsch/HSU 5.1.4) | UDP-203 (fw 65-0131) | TiVo Bolt | Shield
2nd: UN65JS9500 | LG LAS855M | UBD-K8500 | Chromecast Ultra | TiVo Mini | Roku P+
3rd: 65P-F1 | Klipsch HDT-SB3 | UBP-X700 | Tivo Roamio | AppleTV4K
FS - Hobbs & Shaw and other UHD Digital codes (and some HD codes)
post #27449 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 10:53 AM
DAB
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 88
^^^Btw. I have now gotten a third copy of UDP Blade Runner 2049 with the still unwatchable darkness (Unless I max out

Again, thoughts?

I have the 203> Vizio P65-E1[calibrated] >Denon x3100w. Dual HDMI from the 203. MP certified HDMI cables.[6/2017]
I have the UHD BR49 and the PQ is excellent. Blacks are Black. Not seeing what you are seeing.
Hope can make it work for you....
db
post #27450 of 37528 Old 03-28-2018, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Switch the IR to "back" then back to "front". Should solve your problem. I had this exact same problem, well similar, and reported it many, many posts ago. In my case after a f/w update I as having to point the remote right at the 203 and not too far away and it had been working before. When I noticed the IR location setting after fiddling with it I lucked upon the fix. I don't do a factory reset after f/w update like I should have, but I suspect that might not have resolved it completely. Apparently there is a bug for some depending on what f/w you are coming from and going to that causes this. I haven't had any issues since the toggle and it seemed odd at the time. I have since done a factory reset (or whatever Oppo calls it) due to other issues I was diagnosing (namely lack of full ARC capability on the main output HDMI).

My guess is if you have it in a closed cabinet (mine is semi open) that would really mess you up. The IR detection on this thing is pretty amazing. It's pretty much point anywhere where the IR on my new Craptastic 4k DVR is the WORST I have ever encountered so I normally just use the XR15 remote it came with then watching TV cuz it's a pain to always have to point the old Harmony right at it and the preferred meted with X1 is to use RF which works great but gets interesting if you have multiple TVs and boxes and don't pair them correctly (actually just when moving things around it gets odd). I do have a new Harmony hub and fancy remote from Costco I picked up a while back but haven't had time to mess with it. I'm hoping that the blaster in the hub works with their DVRs. The other IR blaster I have works with everything but the olden Moto DVRs I used to have so I suspect the new one won't like it either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page