Official OPPO UDP-203 Owner's Thread - Page 964 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 279060Likes

post #28891 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 02:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2158 Post(s)
Liked: 2469
I'm new on this thread but I don't believe anyone is changing anyone else's mind here so this seems like a good stopping point for this model based picture quality conversation that's on a slow boat to no where....

To me the 203's PQ looks absolutely mahvalous! I'll never ever get to see a 205 so I could care less if it's linear PS affects the picture or not.

On another note I also ordered a spare 203 remote as I can't afford a spare 203, . 18 bucks shipped ain't such a bad deal for a great remote control. About to watch The Godfather on blu ray as that's my go to black level film. Yesterday I watched some of Scorcese's The Color of Money and the picture was amazing. It looked like it was shot last year. At times it seemed almost 3D.
richlife, Greg TB and Matt2026 like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28892 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 02:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2158 Post(s)
Liked: 2469
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
At least swap the cables between the HDMI outputs of your players to confirm that the perceived quality improvement follows the player and not the input/cable.

And it's 31 years. :P
Oh, engineer for the BBC I see. I grew up watching and loving the BBC channel through the 70's and 80's. Tom Baker's Doctor Who, MPFS, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill, The Avengers, The Black Adder etc... God bless your island.
Taxcheat, Hairsonfire and Matt2026 like this.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
post #28893 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertsbbc View Post
@Gurux At least swap the cables between the HDMI outputs of your players to confirm that the perceived quality improvement follows the player and not the input/cable.

And it's 31 years. :P
And I truly respect that.

You can of course question my perception, my level of intelligence, my scientific background but I would argue that, if my perception is selective, it is very randomly selective. I could not tell the difference between Naim's 6000£ power supply for the NDS and Teddy Pardo's 1000£ equivalent. I could not tell the difference between a 750£ ethernet cable (Audioquest) and a 5£ Duronic cable from Amazon and I was testing it on 10K worth of streaming. Acoustic Revive's expensive Schumann resonator didn't do anything for me. I could go on and on and on.

I also have to warn you that, as a medical professional, I know all about bias, placebo and the double blind test is my bread and butter. I have some psychology training because it is part of what I do every day.

But I tested the two Oppo's repeatedly, in several scenarios, with different lengths of cable (therefore different cables), on different TV outputs, with and without my NAD preamp. And I could always tell the difference.

So just like you believe in your ones and zeros, I see dead people (The Sixth Sense for those of you who don't know what I am talking about) and I can't unsee them, if you know what I mean. I am sure that from a technical, scientific point of view, you are absolutely right and there shouldn't be any dead people but I can see them.

I have now sold the 205 and I have modded my 203 with a digital card, a linear power supply, the multi region kit etc so no further tests are possible and even if I would still have a 205 there would be additional variables to consider due to the above mods.

Feel free to ignore my experience but please don't tell me that I am holding it wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28894 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
The supported filesystems are NTFS, FAT and exFAT. I haven't tested ext4 on the OPPO recently, but I don't believe it will work.

Are you on linux? NTFS is probably your best choice. I could never get exFAT to work from linux.

If you want to try the network approach with SMB, NFS or DLNA you can use whatever filesystem you want. The server conceals those details and the OPPO doesn't know or care about that level.

-Bill
I can confirm that the 203 does not support EXT4 file system. I tried. Nothing on screen.
Took the neat way out and simply plug the server into the HDMI input.

Thanks again, Bill
Ben
post #28895 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1269 Post(s)
Liked: 2074
Please do not continue discussion on physical modification of devices. Already asked to cease.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #28896 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 4469 Post(s)
Liked: 5807
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
Are you sure theres not something else going on? Is it possible the input you have it in has a different setting? Settings on both players the same etc?
My brother in law sells the oppos locally. 205 and 203 are identical in all their demo rooms, all 8 projecrors are fully calibrated... just saying.
What do you think is more likely? You see something no one else does? Or something is up with either one of your players or setup?
I don't believe anybody has mentioned the elephant in the room: Placebo effect.
N8DOGG, Tom C, robo24 and 1 others like this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
post #28897 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Programming a 203 Activity for Harmony One

Has or did anyone else have trouble setting up the 203 Activity on a Harmony One using the last version of the desktop software? It seemed to be seamless, adding the device as a mini-system. It seemed to add all the usual buttons and I was able to customize some of the others, but not all of the "standard" buttons are working for me. The next chapter and pause buttons to name a few, just gives me a can't do it icon (red circle with a slash through it). I also don't see an option for Pure Audio which I use a lot. I have plugged my Roku 3 into the HDMI IN and have not been able to get the Roku activity to switch to the HDMI-in. I have not tried to apply a delay yet. My next step is to drop the activity and start over, but I thought I would reach out for any shared experiences.
Loving the 203! Should have bought it sooner!
D

PostScript: I have read folks having better luck with the phone app, but the Harmony one does not have a hub and that app seems to be hub specific. Unless, I'm missing something.

Klipsch RB-51II (Mains) Klipsch RC-52II (Center) Klipsch RS-42II (Surrounds)
SVS SB12-NSD / Klipsch KSW-10 (Subs)
Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
Denon AVR-2310CI - Oppo UDP-203 - Roku 3
post #28898 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
Liked: 1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I don't believe anybody has mentioned the elephant in the room: Placebo effect.
I don't think this involves the placebo effect. The placebo effect occurs when there is something which the user expects will cause a difference (the placebo) and they then perceive/experience a difference which is attributed to the placebo doing what the user expected it to do. In this case we have 2 machines, a 203 and a 205, which are expected to deliver identical video results and a difference is perceived, followed by the user trying to come up with an explanation for what was an unexpected difference. There's nothing which can be considered as a possible placebo in this case.

If the difference is unexpected then the placebo effect is unlikely to be the cause because the placebo effect arises from the expectation of a difference. On the other hand the halo effect, which I suggested, does not require a prior expectation that there will be a difference. It arises because an actual difference in one characteristic is generalised to other characteristics and produces the perception of a difference where none was expected or exists.

There are probably other mechanisms which can also result in unexpected perceptions which are mistaken but there is also the possibility that there genuinely is a difference. In this case the user has commented that a noisy power supply can affect his TV image. The image the pixels generate derives from the pixels responding to an electrical signal with voltage and current characteristics. Noise in the power supply can effect the current of the signal going to a speaker causing an audible difference so it is reasonable to assume that it would also affect the current going to the pixels of a display and that may affect their brightness so it seems possible to me that a noisy power supply could affect the quality of the image he sees. What the player outputs, however, is a digital data stream of 1s and 0s and in my view noise in a power supply could affect the digital video data stream only if it produced changes in the 1s and 0s in the data stream. There is no evidence I am aware of that a noisy power supply changes the 1s and 0s in a data stream so I cannot see how a noisy power supply in the player could affect the data stream received by the TV nor how it could affect how the TV digitally processes the data stream but once that data stream is converted to an electrical signal which is being sent to the pixels in the display it may be possible for the noise to affect the electrical signal received by the pixels since that signal is not digital, it is an electrical current.

As I've said earlier, I accept that the OP is perceiving a difference. We can't tell on the basis of the information provided whether that perception is accurate or not but if it is accurate we definitely have not been provided with any information which would lead us to decide that the cause of the difference is related to differences in the power supply of the 203 and 205 and there are other possibilities that could be causing the difference. Unfortunately the information provided does not provide a basis for assigning a cause to the difference. We simply can't tell from the information provided whether there is a difference in actual picture quality or, if a difference really exists, what the cause of that difference is.

I don't know whether or not there is a difference. All I can say is that if there is a difference I don't believe it will be related a difference in the power supplies of the 203 and the 205 which are supposed to have identical video performance. I believe it is far more likely to arise from a difference in how the TV processes the video signal from different HDMI inputs, most probably a difference in settings or the video calibration of the 2 inputs.

I do think something is going on, and I do believe the OP's claim that he perceives a difference. There has to be a reason for that. Either there is a difference or the OP's perception of a difference is mistaken. If his perception is mistaken the placebo effect is extremely unlikely to be the cause of his error in my view.
post #28899 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3824 Post(s)
Liked: 3048
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLDukes View Post
Has or did anyone else have trouble setting up the 203 Activity on a Harmony One using the last version of the desktop software? It seemed to be seamless, adding the device as a mini-system. It seemed to add all the usual buttons and I was able to customize some of the others, but not all of the "standard" buttons are working for me. The next chapter and pause buttons to name a few, just gives me a can't do it icon (red circle with a slash through it). I also don't see an option for Pure Audio which I use a lot. I have plugged my Roku 3 into the HDMI IN and have not been able to get the Roku activity to switch to the HDMI-in. I have not tried to apply a delay yet. My next step is to drop the activity and start over, but I thought I would reach out for any shared experiences.
Loving the 203! Should have bought it sooner!
D

PostScript: I have read folks having better luck with the phone app, but the Harmony one does not have a hub and that app seems to be hub specific. Unless, I'm missing something.
Harmony has the 203 in their database, it'll be labelled as "Home theater Device". I'm still using the 103 commands for mine. Either should work fine.
What you see or don't see will depend on the activity you have created, but all the hard and soft buttons can be re-programmed. If you're mixing Roku and Oppo in one activity that might be a source of issues, and again it'll boil down to how you set it up and program buttons. A good topic for the Harmony thread.
post #28900 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Harmony has the 203 in their database, it'll be labelled as "Home theater Device". I'm still using the 103 commands for mine. Either should work fine.
What you see or don't see will depend on the activity you have created, but all the hard and soft buttons can be re-programmed. If you're mixing Roku and Oppo in one activity that might be a source of issues, and again it'll boil down to how you set it up and program buttons. A good topic for the Harmony thread.
I went back a year in the Harmony One thread and there was not a lot of 203 advice. The experience there was the 203 was originally recognized as a Home Theater device but after deleting to start over is recognized as a Mini-system. I will try starting over again to see what device options I have. The Oppo and the Roku are separate activities. After adding a 5 second delay I'm still sitting on the Oppo input and have to use the Oppo remote to switch to HDMI-IN.
I'll keep hammering away at it.
Thanks
D

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
post #28901 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3824 Post(s)
Liked: 3048
Quote:
I went back a year in the Harmony One thread and there was not a lot of 203 advice. The experience there was the 203 was originally recognized as a Home Theater device but after deleting to start over is recognized as a Mini-system. I will try starting over again to see what device options I have. The Oppo and the Roku are separate activities. After adding a 5 second delay I'm still sitting on the Oppo input and have to use the Oppo remote to switch to HDMI-IN.
Thanks
D
You can't have both the Roku and Oppo in the same activity and control them both. Its not completely clear what you're trying to do here, but I suspect you need to create 2 separate activities. The Roku activity will only turn on the Oppo and set the input - none of the playback controls will effect the Oppo. The Oppo activity shouldn't have the Roku in it at all.
post #28902 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone of you have the same experience as I have with the UDP-203 regarding its quietness or mechanical noise in operation?

The unit is very quiet when spinning a regular CD, DVD and regular Blu-ray disc, but the noise was very noticeable when spinning an UHD Blu-ray disc (I use the Planet Earth II UHD Blu-ray disc).
post #28903 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Set HDMI Audio > Bitstream (not Auto or LPCM). Set Secondary Audio > Off. Set Standby Mode > Energy Efficient.

Turn the player Off and back On again. Then play your MKV file as the first thing you play.

Do you get good, Atmos, Bitstream audio now?

(TrueHD (including Atmos) in an MKV file can be finicky this way. You can use an M2TS file instead as a workaround.)
--Bob
Thanks Bob. This worked.

Sony XBR-85X900F & XBR-85X850D | BenQ W1070 | Sony XBR-60LX900 | Denon X4200W & X3200W | Infinity Primus PC351, P363s, P163s
post #28904 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 05:04 PM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4608 Post(s)
Liked: 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Jow View Post
Does anyone of you have the same experience as I have with the UDP-203 regarding its quietness or mechanical noise in operation?

The unit is very quiet when spinning a regular CD, DVD and regular Blu-ray disc, but the noise was very noticeable when spinning an UHD Blu-ray disc (I use the Planet Earth II UHD Blu-ray disc).
Noise is normal during the intro material but it should be quiet while playing the main feature.

UHD does spin faster than other discs so extra noise is possible. Do you notice a pattern to the noise? Louder at the beginning, quieter as you chapter skip into the title, maybe becoming louder again past the half-way point?

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #28905 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 3897 Post(s)
Liked: 3612
Quote:
You can't have both the Roku and Oppo in the same activity and control them both. Its not completely clear what you're trying to do here, but I suspect you need to create 2 separate activities. The Roku activity will only turn on the Oppo and set the input - none of the playback controls will effect the Oppo. The Oppo activity shouldn't have the Roku in it at all.
I set up separate activities. One for using just the Oppo and others activities for using a Roku and other devices like a TiVo and an Apple TV. Although all those activities make use of the Oppo via the HDMI-In port they are setup as separate activities and labeled as such.
post #28906 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Thanks
D
I just went through this headache myself. First off, the desktop software is not going to be much help with the input problem, you'll need to use the Harmony mobile app as it allows for more command input on the activity setup. I had to learn an Input command as Harmony doesn't seem to allow any user manipulation of that command, at least for the 203. I learned a new Input command and called it Port by learning the actual Input command on the Oppo remote. I then added that "Port" command to the startup sequence for any activity that used the HDMI-In port. Right after that command in the startup sequence, I had the Oppo select the number 2 as it's the port number that matches the input selection on the Oppo(1-Blu-ray, 2-HDMI-In, 3-ARC-HDMI-Out) that I wanted, HDMI-In. And it works, it will select the HDMI-In when starting up. But, I played around earlier today making some adjustments to other parts of the startup sequence and now I'm having trouble with it starting up properly. But it does work.

Before you go through that though, I would try rdgrimes' suggestion and try using the command set for the 103 as it actually has an Input command you can use in the startup sequence. In fact, if I can't get my setup working again that's exactly what I'm going to do, use the 103 command set. You can also use the desktop software to apply the Input command to the startup sequence, unlike with the 203.
post #28907 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I just went through this headache myself. First off, the desktop software is not going to be much help with the input problem, you'll need to use the Harmony mobile app as it allows for more command input on the activity setup. I had to learn an Input command as Harmony doesn't seem to allow any user manipulation of that command, at least for the 203. I learned a new Input command and called it Port by learning the actual Input command on the Oppo remote. I then added that "Port" command to the startup sequence for any activity that used the HDMI-In port. Right after that command in the startup sequence, I had the Oppo select the number 2 as it's the port number that matches the input selection on the Oppo(1-Blu-ray, 2-HDMI-In, 3-ARC-HDMI-Out) that I wanted, HDMI-In. And it works, it will select the HDMI-In when starting up. But, I played around earlier today making some adjustments to other parts of the startup sequence and now I'm having trouble with it starting up properly. But it does work.

Before you go through that though, I would try rdgrimes' suggestion and try using the command set for the 103 as it actually has an Input command you can use in the startup sequence. In fact, if I can't get my setup working again that's exactly what I'm going to do, use the 103 command set. You can also use the desktop software to apply the Input command to the startup sequence, unlike with the 203.
I didn't have any trouble setting up an activity called "Watch Oppo". I did have to add a couple of custom buttons, e.g. for Pure Audio. But I don't remember how I did it, except that I used the iPhone app and the Logitech database. It works fine. I don't have any inputs to the Oppo, so that was not an issue for me.
post #28908 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry if it wasn't clear. the Oppo and the Roku ARE controlled by separate activities
D

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
post #28909 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadair View Post
I used the iPhone app and the Logitech database. It works fine. I don't have any inputs to the Oppo, so that was not an issue for me.
I use an Android phone. You and Keenan seem to have luck using the "mobile" app. which app should I be downloading? When I searched for Harmony One app I got an app that seemed to be hub specific, and the One is not.
Thanks for your suggestions. I may try the 103 command set. I was able to learn the Pure Audio command, and the Port suggestions should work for me.
D

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
post #28910 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 09:22 PM

Thanks to rdgrimes, airheadair, and Keenan! I have my Harmony One sorted out (for now). I switched to the 103 commands to sort out the Oppo activity, and learned the Input command, and added a number 2 selection to get the Roku activity to choose the correct input (HDMI-in).
All set!
D
Keenan likes this.

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
post #28911 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 11:35 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadair View Post
I didn't have any trouble setting up an activity called "Watch Oppo". I did have to add a couple of custom buttons, e.g. for Pure Audio. But I don't remember how I did it, except that I used the iPhone app and the Logitech database. It works fine. I don't have any inputs to the Oppo, so that was not an issue for me.
Just adding a Watch Oppo activity is easy, it's adding an activity that makes use of the Oppo's HDMI-In input where things can get a bit sticky.
post #28912 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Anybody else worry that Oppo won’t be able to play future 100gb discs without firmware updates?
post #28913 of 37055 Old 05-05-2018, 11:44 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I use an Android phone. You and Keenan seem to have luck using the "mobile" app. which app should I be downloading? When I searched for Harmony One app I got an app that seemed to be hub specific, and the One is not.
Thanks for your suggestions. I may try the 103 command set. I was able to learn the Pure Audio command, and the Port suggestions should work for me.
D
The below is the one I use on an Amazon Fire tablet and it should be the same for an Android phone,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ech.harmonyhub
post #28914 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 7
When Using the HDMI in for gaming. Is it best not to leave a disc in the tray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oppo 203 - Sony A155 - ATV4k - Xbox x - Sony HT-IS100
post #28915 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 05:45 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 4608 Post(s)
Liked: 4443
Quote:
Originally Posted by petenix View Post
When Using the HDMI in for gaming. Is it best not to leave a disc in the tray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The disc drive spins down after a few minutes of inactivity, so it shouldn't matter.

-Bill

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #28916 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2626 Post(s)
Liked: 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristoffer77 View Post
Anybody else worry that Oppo won’t be able to play future 100gb discs without firmware updates?
Hopefully by the time 2 years from now elapses 100GB pressings won't be as variable as they are now, and the ROM drive will have all the subroutines needed to handle whatever 100GB disc is thrown out there.

Also hopefully, the big authoring houses should be testing with a 203 "final" firmware on everything they author to make sure it works with whatever the last FW update was.
galonzo and kristoffer77 like this.
post #28917 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2825 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Jow View Post

I find no differences among the formats with regards to noise levels on my player....
markmanner likes this.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #28918 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
The below is the one I use on an Amazon Fire tablet and it should be the same for an Android phone,
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ech.harmonyhub
Keenan, thanks for the link. Everyone, else please ignore the Harmony talk. I have installed that app a couple of times and can't figure out how to get it to work with my Harmony One. The app wants me to set up or connect to a hub which my remote does not have. The One has a charging base not a hub. What am I missing? How do I get passed the hub setup and use the app as a configuration tool for my remote?
Thanks
D

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5080
post #28919 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I don't believe that you can. The App talks to the hub which passes the correct codes to your devices. No hub, then the App does not work.
Sometimes people just do not read carefully and fully before posting.
So, AFAIK, you cannot use the App with the harmony one. I have the same remote BTW.
post #28920 of 37055 Old 05-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
To put a finer point on it, it works only in full disc backups. Requires the folder to be named "AVCHD". It'll play that same as a disc.
Media files of any kind do not work, as they are not supported by Dolby, and you will get HDR10 instead.
Actually, with the UDP-203, there is no need for naming the folder 'AVCHD'. All UHD full backup folder structures work just fine with whatever name you give them.
galonzo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
203 , 203 uhd , blu-ray , denon x4300h , dsd streaming , failure , Oppo , oppo 203 , sacd dsd hdmi , troubleshooting , UDP-203 , uhd , usb

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page