Official Oppo UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray player Anticipation Thread - Page 39 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 541Likes

post #1141 of 1147 Old 02-01-2020, 07:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
The Volume in the OPPO will affect both the multi-channel and dedicated stereo Analog outputs. So set that to 100 (or "Fixed") when using the dedicated stereo outputs.

This is a bit risky, if you forget to lower the Volume again when you go back to using the multi-channel outputs!
--Bob
Bob:

Could you check my questions to you in post #1138 .

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1142 of 1147 Old 02-02-2020, 10:16 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 5925 Post(s)
Liked: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiconaudio View Post
Bob:

In an older thread you wrote:

"The first thing you would look for is whether the inputs of the power amp have high impedance. Just compare the typical input impedance of quality pre-amps and a range of power amps and you'll see what I mean."

Does that mean to look for a power amp with a high input impedance? My Odyssey Audio mono extreme has an input impedance of 22k ohm. Is that high or low?

You also wrote:

"It's also important that the gain of the power amp not be so high that you have to use low values of the Volume control in the 205 to get a comfortable listening level."

I saw amps with gains of 23dB and 29dB. Is the first one low and the second high? What is the range of low or high?
I don’t have the typical impedance figures in my head at this point. Perhaps someone else could chime in. But my first reaction is 22K should be fine.

The range of gain which will work well when cabled this way depends on the efficiency of your speakers. Best would be to audition the amp you are interested in (with your speakers) so you can see what Volume setting works in the OPPO.
—Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #1143 of 1147 Old 02-04-2020, 04:09 PM

Liked: 0
Anybody can give me any advice about what filter I should use in DAC section, because the system is connected is almost impossible to switch through them to compare? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1144 of 1147 Old 02-04-2020, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Hi, quick question. Can I have the player do a HDR to SDR conversion for video but retain the Atmos soundtrack that is on the UHD disc? I only have a 1080p projector but have a Atmos audio speaker layout. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
post #1145 of 1147 Old 02-09-2020, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgitok View Post
Anybody can give me any advice about what filter I should use in DAC section, because the system is connected is almost impossible to switch through them to compare? Thanks
I've set filter characteristics to Apodizing Fast. Playing Apple Music at high volume with this filter I sense no smearing, greater clarity, and more detail on tail end notes than other modes. In fact, since AAC sounds indistinguishable from AIFF, I no longer purchase hi-res downloads.
post #1146 of 1147 Old 02-09-2020, 05:07 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by csludwig2 View Post
I've set filter characteristics to Apodizing Fast. Playing Apple Music at high volume with this filter I sense no smearing, greater clarity, and more detail on tail end notes than other modes. In fact, since AAC sounds indistinguishable from AIFF, I no longer purchase hi-res downloads.
Thanks so much!
post #1147 of 1147 Old 03-17-2020, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 77
This is intended for Blu-ray 3D lovers, who are now at home, have passive 2016 LG OLEDs and happen to have an Oppo 103 or 203 or 205 player for playing Blu-ray 3D titles.

There is an enhancement setting on the Oppo that lets you expand the authored digital z-plane's Depth and Pop-out present on the 3D disc.

In the Oppo Setup Menu under 3D Settings, change the 3D TV Size Value from your display 55 or 65 inch value to the maximum 999 inch.
This does not alter the pictures aspect ratio, only the negative and positive 3D depth authored on the 3D disc.
It will add a thrill for 3D lovers who have time to kill. Enjoy!

BD 3D, BD, HD DVD, DVD collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page