Samsung Unveils M9500 UHD Blu-ray Player Ahead of CES 2017 - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 125Likes

post #181 of 184 Old 04-19-2017, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1954 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
LOL...no, I described the reception as "cool" precisely because they didn't like it. Otherwise I would've stated that the suggestion was met with a "warm" reception.
LOLS I gotcha! Hey it makes sense to me and Oppo and Sony have included it in their players for a good reason. Guess they dont really care about what the customers really want.
PS: If that feature had been included in this player, I would've ordered it last week as its something important to me, I dont want to switch back and forth between having my TV upscale and the player do 4K. But I guess Samsung knows better.

Best,
Main Living Room: Samsung 65 KS9800 + Denon X4500H 11.1 + Sony UBP-X800 + PS4
Other Living Room: Panasonic Plasma 55 + Onkyo Home Theater System 5.1 + PS3
Discs For SALE : 4Ks And 2Ks!

Last edited by b0rnarian; 04-19-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 184 Old 04-19-2017, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4421 Post(s)
Liked: 6700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
Of all the interface features I told them you guys wanted, I'm glad they added the detailed signal info display. The NATIVE RESOLUTION option got a pretty cool reception from the engineers, so I am not surprised it's not there.
Well - thankyou very much for trying, anyway. Shocked at their arrogance though. Never mind what the users want - and it's not a guess, it was a direct message as to what we really wanted!

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #183 of 184 Old 04-19-2017, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1954 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
Well - thankyou very much for trying, anyway. Shocked at their arrogance though. Never mind what the users want - and it's not a guess, it was a direct message as to what we really wanted!
Truly thank you @Rudy1 !
Though this goes to show you how out of touch they are with what the customers want and whats already out in the market that they are missing.

Best,
Main Living Room: Samsung 65 KS9800 + Denon X4500H 11.1 + Sony UBP-X800 + PS4
Other Living Room: Panasonic Plasma 55 + Onkyo Home Theater System 5.1 + PS3
Discs For SALE : 4Ks And 2Ks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 184 Old 04-19-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 3254
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rnarian View Post
Truly thank you @Rudy1 !
Though this goes to show you how out of touch they are with what the customers want and whats already out in the market that they are missing.
The current obsession amongst all of the engineers seems to be to dethrone OLED in the picture quality champion category...even amongst the ones at Sony! And talking to them isn't easy...their TV guys are not as young and approachable as the PS3 crew I used to interact with were. So enhancing products with features they think only a small percentage of their customers will actually use may not be considered cost effective. But I always remind them that you lot are the only ones willing to spend thousands on a display and peripherals...so your requests should be taken seriously.
jeep05, b0rnarian and mrtickleuk like this.

Definition of "Stupid": Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
ces 2017 , m9500 , Samsung , ultra hd blu-ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page