UHD Blu-ray players (All) | Comparisons... - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2526Likes

post #931 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Oppo is stopping players production..

But it is great players, but expensive...

Panasonic is ok but not as great on music cds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2635 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIDexII View Post
Oppo is stopping players production..

But it is great players, but expensive...

Panasonic is ok but not as great on music cds
Yeah not really concerned about analog output quality, I use separate equip for that. More concerned about differences for DVD/BD/UHD. Thanks for response tho.

Last edited by Ruined; 04-09-2018 at 07:51 AM.
post #933 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Yeah not really concerned about analog output quality, I use separate equip for that. More concerned about differences for DVD/BD/UHD. Thanks for response tho.
Ok Oppo is insane better on Dvd also compared to Panasonic who is more focused on Bluray and 4K...

That goes for all the rest also, Sony, LG, Samsung etc..

I hope Denon will come with a 4K player.. But not sure.

The biggest quality players is Oppo, Denon, Pioneer, Cambridge.

Oppo and Cambridge is best.

Sony is good too, but not same buildquality and Dvd, Cd performance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIDexII View Post
Ok Oppo is insane better on Dvd also compared to Panasonic who is more focused on Bluray and 4K...
This I've read conflicting info on. Some say dvd better on Panasonic due to chroma upsampling, some say dvd better on Oppo due to deinterlacing. Would be nice to have more detailed info here.

Note we are talking the Oppo 203/205 without darbee just to be clear.

Quote:
The biggest quality players is Oppo, Denon, Pioneer, Cambridge.

Oppo and Cambridge is best.

Sony is good too, but not same buildquality and Dvd, Cd performance...
The new Panasonic UB9000 looks as solid build quality wise as players listed here as far as I can see.
Bytehoven likes this.
post #935 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
This I've read conflicting info on. Some say dvd better on Panasonic due to chroma upsampling, some say dvd better on Oppo due to deinterlacing. Would be nice to have more detailed info here.

Note we are talking the Oppo 203/205 without darbee just to be clear.

The new Panasonic UB9000 looks as solid build quality wise as players listed here as far as I can see.
The new Panasonic player looks nice. Just checked it out.

As with the Sony top player, Im not shure if it's as good as Oppo on dvd etc.

Need to check more reviews first... It's not so many yet.

I wouldn't buy before I see actual reviews.. but that's me.
post #936 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Any other opinions Panasonic vs Oppo for DVD, BD, uhd?
post #937 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Have you read this thread? There seems to be quite a few.
post #938 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Have you read this thread? There seems to be quite a few.
I did, but one of the problems is a bulk of the posts are old.

There have been some major Oppo 203/205 firmware updates and some new PQ features debuting in Panasonics new 820/9000 players that most of these posts dont take into account.

At launch the Oppo seemed to be at a deficit in terms of HDR tone mapping especially with projectors and also there were a lot of posts about it being finicky with discs. How good is the current firmware implementation of both of these things, for instance, tone mapping, error correction, on the latest firmware? I noted some still had playback issues with br2049, for instance.

Has anyone heard of Panasonic addressing aspect ratio control and other "little" things related to control of playback?

Most of the comments revolve around Oppo having better analog out/support while Panasonic having better chroma upsampling. But I think there is a lot more to talk about now both with Oppo winding down and Panasonic adding new stuff to their line, the choice of getting a 203/205 vs 900/820/9000 is now more imminent especially if you don't care about the Oppos sacd/dvda/dac/video pass (I. E. Non dvd/bd/uhd related) features.

Last edited by Ruined; 04-09-2018 at 12:57 PM.
post #939 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1377 Post(s)
Liked: 1089
Quote:
I own both and prefer ub900 for upscaling hd and sd to 4k. If I owned just the 203, i probably would not buy the ub900, instead using the also very good 203 for upscaling.

I own both because i owned the ub900 1st, and only bought the 203 when tone mapping was released, and did not want to sell the ub900 just yet.

If you can wait to see when the new panny players pop, that might be the best path. Then again, the 203 tone mapping, while not perfect, is worth the investment if you could benefit from the tech now..

JVC DLA-X990 (RS640) - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Panasonic UB820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #940 of 971 Old 04-09-2018, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
I own both and prefer ub900 for upscaling hd and sd to 4k. If I owned just the 203, i probably would not buy the ub900, instead using the also very good 203 for upscaling.

I own both because i owned the ub900 1st, and only bought the 203 when tone mapping was released, and did not want to sell the ub900 just yet.

If you can wait to see when the new panny players pop, that might be the best path. Then again, the 203 tone mapping, while not perfect, is worth the investment if you could benefit from the tech now..
I can definitely wait for the new Panny's was just wondering what I'd be missing vs Oppo. Seems like biggest thing I can find is no 1.78:1 zoom on Panasonic for 1.33:1 content, at least I don't think the ub900 has this not sure about the ub820 / 9000. That actually is a fairly large missing feature if still missing on the new players, but I could do the same thing on my projector if I had to.

On the other hand from what I gather here the Panny seems to be a more stable and overall better player when analog circuitry and misc non-movie features are excluded.
post #941 of 971 Old 04-10-2018, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 785
I just unboxed my 203 (very impressed by the way it was packed) and watched Thor Ragnarok on UHD it PQ was spectacular but it was also pretty much the same experience I had when I watched on my panny900 wish I could compare side by side. The disc did not play flawlessly though it froze at one point and pixilated. Disc had fingerprints on it so I cleaned and the same scene played fine I had played twice with panny b4 so it was handled. I’m sure 203 is fine. Have not watched a complete movie yet just testing a few movies first. I did put in my atmos demo disc in and the PQ was phenomenal for blue ray. I have set on auto. Basically I’m going to use it for just Dolby Vision when I upgrade my tv and maybe just standard Blu-ray. I still love my panny 900.

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar
post #942 of 971 Old 04-15-2018, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Panasonic UB900 V Oppo UDP-203 V Oppo BD-95

OK so here goes, I have owned my Oppo BDP-95 for a few years now and was very happy with it, well I was until this last week. a few months ago I purchased a Panasonic UB900 for playing UHD disks on to my Samsung UHD TV, I was expecting a significant improvement in picture quality and frankly I was disappointed in the Panny, to add to it the Audio is lacking punch and definition and I was always reverting back to the Oppo 95, to add to it getting the UB900 settings right to have HDR working was trial end error until I found settings that worked, what was more frustrating was seeing the HDR come up on the screen then load a disk and it came up as SDR conversion.

When the news came that Oppo were winding down I decided to look at at least getting UDP-203, luckley I have a good relationship with my local HiFi shop and I have had one here all last weekend with no pressure to purchase, straight up no issues with HDR on the default settings, so whats is my impression well standard BD disks came up picture wise as a huge improvement over my old machines very clear and defined and rich deep colours without over saturation, contrast is also improved with darker blacks and well defined whites with good shading, skin colour is very good, as an example in Avatar Jake is standing next to the incinerator when his brothers body is being cremated, the reflection on his face is just so much lifelike it is truly lifelike, standard DVD I did not have time to test, UHD picture required increasing the Nits setting from the default 300 to 700, this gave a good picture and again the the colour and detail are an improvement over the UB900.

Audio, this is where we have the big difference, for me the sound on the UB-900 is no improvement over the Oppo 95 in addition the UB 900 cannot play DVD A or SACD disks, via HDMI I found the UDP-203 to far superior the sound being rich warm and velvet like, bass is deep but well defined without being boomey, mids are clear so much so I was hearing detail I had not noticed before, highs were also clear and as a bonus an issue I had with my old Oppo with sibalance had now vanished, this I found was true for all disk formats.
Whats not good was the Audio from the 7.1 Analog, compared to the BDP 95 its flat and lacking punch, having said that I was told that this may be the case, I did try and copy the settings from my 95 to the 203 for this all to no avail.

So the UDP-203 today packed up and returned to the shop, at the same time I have ordered a UDP-205 as all the reviews of this tell me that this is a vast improvement audio wise over the 203.

If you were to ask me if I would purchase the 203 if the 205 was not available the answer is yes, I will move the UB900 to my family room TV and sell the BDP-95.
post #943 of 971 Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 857 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzz View Post
I keep hearing this "Sound" stuff.
It's Bitstream.
Yea it's really bizarre. They're all using chips that are tested and certified by Dolby/DTS to perform exactly the same.

Must be the magic sound pixies at it again.

Lyngdorf MP-50 | Yamaha MX-A5200 | Ascend Sierra Towers | Ascend Sierra Horizon | Ascend Sierra Lunas | Ascend HTM-200SE | SVS SB-13 x4
post #944 of 971 Old 04-24-2018, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
I just unboxed my 203 (very impressed by the way it was packed) and watched Thor Ragnarok on UHD it PQ was spectacular but it was also pretty much the same experience I had when I watched on my panny900 wish I could compare side by side. The disc did not play flawlessly though it froze at one point and pixilated. Disc had fingerprints on it so I cleaned and the same scene played fine I had played twice with panny b4 so it was handled. I’m sure 203 is fine. Have not watched a complete movie yet just testing a few movies first. I did put in my atmos demo disc in and the PQ was phenomenal for blue ray. I have set on auto. Basically I’m going to use it for just Dolby Vision when I upgrade my tv and maybe just standard Blu-ray. I still love my panny 900.
Hi there. I jumped into the 4k trend with a Samsung KS8000 and a Panny UB900 (although I use an Oppo 103D for DVDs and blurays with Darbee ON at 35%-good reliable machine)...I confess that some 4K shows look amazing -Planet Earth 2, Lucy and Passengers for example..some about the same as blurry- but I enjoy the experience for sure. Now with Oppo stopping production, I wonder if I should get an Oppo 203! Prices are still decent (although I saw some crazy prices on some 203/205 on ebay!! wow)...maybe I'm just being silly!
the second hand Panny UB900 has been good-can'd say that I always see the "pop" in the PQ but after reading the entire thread, it seems that UHD looks about the same in most players. I only connect the player via HDMI to my TV-no need for any analog audio for me.
My TV doesn't have DV anyways and frankly I don't know if I will ever care about that-for the marginal PQ improvement over the regular HDR (as per most of the UHD reviews I read on AVS)...I also hear Panasonic is bringing out a new UHD player that looks like an Oppo!
but still...can't stop thinking that an Oppo 203 would be awesome to have...piece of history??! Maybe I should save my money! but I would love to hear some of your thoughts...in addition to what you have already expressed..
You own both and seem to like them both a lot. or maybe I should just be happy that I can enjoy some of the best PQ in a home cinema available today. Who knows if physical media will survive much longer. I hope so. I have an extensive collection of bluray discs and 4K discs, but times are changing.Perhaps "better" players will be made after all the Oppos 203/205 are gone...but yet...I wonder if I should get a 203 while I can...oh first world problems are tough!
thanks for any thoughts.
E

Samsung UN65KS8000 SUHD Quantum Dot LED 4K TV
Panasonic DP-UB820 4k & OPPO 103D-
Denon AVR-X4400h 5.2.4 atmos-with Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6, Atoms v.7 Surrounds, Micros v.3 Front height and ELAC Debut A4 for back dolby.
SVS-PC12 NSD sub. Nak CR-1A cassette & Vintage Technics SL-MC7 110 CD jukebox
post #945 of 971 Old 04-25-2018, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
Quote:
Hi there. I jumped into the 4k trend with a Samsung KS8000 and a Panny UB900 (although I use an Oppo 103D for DVDs and blurays with Darbee ON at 35%-good reliable machine)...I confess that some 4K shows look amazing -Planet Earth 2, Lucy and Passengers for example..some about the same as blurry- but I enjoy the experience for sure. Now with Oppo stopping production, I wonder if I should get an Oppo 203! Prices are still decent (although I saw some crazy prices on some 203/205 on ebay!! wow)...maybe I'm just being silly!
the second hand Panny UB900 has been good-can'd say that I always see the "pop" in the PQ but after reading the entire thread, it seems that UHD looks about the same in most players. I only connect the player via HDMI to my TV-no need for any analog audio for me.
My TV doesn't have DV anyways and frankly I don't know if I will ever care about that-for the marginal PQ improvement over the regular HDR (as per most of the UHD reviews I read on AVS)...I also hear Panasonic is bringing out a new UHD player that looks like an Oppo!
but still...can't stop thinking that an Oppo 203 would be awesome to have...piece of history??! Maybe I should save my money! but I would love to hear some of your thoughts...in addition to what you have already expressed..
You own both and seem to like them both a lot. or maybe I should just be happy that I can enjoy some of the best PQ in a home cinema available today. Who knows if physical media will survive much longer. I hope so. I have an extensive collection of bluray discs and 4K discs, but times are changing.Perhaps "better" players will be made after all the Oppos 203/205 are gone...but yet...I wonder if I should get a 203 while I can...oh first world problems are tough!
thanks for any thoughts.
E
If you can afford to spring for it then get one for they will extinct barring a last min comeback. It is a high quality machine. Like I said the 203 and the 900 are pretty much almost identical in PQ to the untrained eye. I love my Panasonic second time owner of one! The first one I returned only because it was overpriced at the start and then I scored an open box at Best Buy for less than half off retail almost a third really! I don’t really get into the technical aspects but I still like the panny a lil more because of the UI and custom settings. And the Panasonic 9000 is coming out so I maybe I’ll be interested in the one and sell either the 203 or the 900 depending what happens with DV Sony TV profile if the Panasonic 9000 will support it or not?

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
post #946 of 971 Old 04-25-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
If you can afford to spring for it then get one for they will extinct barring a last min comeback. It is a high quality machine. Like I said the 203 and the 900 are pretty much almost identical in PQ to the untrained eye. I love my Panasonic second time owner of one! The first one I returned only because it was overpriced at the start and then I scored an open box at Best Buy for less than half off retail almost a third really! I don’t really get into the technical aspects but I still like the panny a lil more because of the UI and custom settings. And the Panasonic 9000 is coming out so I maybe I’ll be interested in the one and sell either the 203 or the 900 depending what happens with DV Sony TV profile if the Panasonic 9000 will support it or not?
thanks! Amazing how good home cinema can be! I was always crazy about movies...I remember my first Betamax machine...a top loader! and now with 4K some movies really come to life! I'm considering the Oppo 203-even though I read about the firmware issues at the initial release...my 103D has been awesome for bluray/dvds. I got the Panny 900 for a good price after selling an ok Samsung K8500. Sometimes I get carried away by enthusiastic reviews on line! May I ask you what kind of "tweaks" you have done to the Panny's custom settings to optimize its PQ? Man people here seem to say to leave the settings alone! But I could tweak one user's profile just to see...if you can share awesome...or a link
the upcoming Panny 9000 will be pricey! and it sure looks like an Oppo inspired machine...there..the best of both worlds...for a price!
thanks for the help
E

Denon AVR-X4400h 5.2.4 atmos-with Paradigm: Monitor 7 v.6 for fronts, CC-390 v.6, Atoms v.7 Surrounds, Micros v.3 Front height and ELAC Debut A4 for back dolby.
post #947 of 971 Old 04-25-2018, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeoblu View Post
Quote:
thanks! Amazing how good home cinema can be! I was always crazy about movies...I remember my first Betamax machine...a top loader! and now with 4K some movies really come to life! I'm considering the Oppo 203-even though I read about the firmware issues at the initial release...my 103D has been awesome for bluray/dvds. I got the Panny 900 for a good price after selling an ok Samsung K8500. Sometimes I get carried away by enthusiastic reviews on line! May I ask you what kind of "tweaks" you have done to the Panny's custom settings to optimize its PQ? Man people here seem to say to leave the settings alone! But I could tweak one user's profile just to see...if you can share awesome...or a link
the upcoming Panny 9000 will be pricey! and it sure looks like an Oppo inspired machine...there..the best of both worlds...for a price!
thanks for the help
E
I had the Samsung at launch and sold it. Was a nice machine but way overpriced for what it was. I also have the Sony 800 and that’s a very good solid unit. As for settings on my panny nothing crazy I have deep color off which I learned in here and it’s set at 4K/60 (4:4:4) everything else on auto. I have a Sony XBR 930C so different panels will vary with PQ. I think what tv you have is the most important part of the set up and good reliable high speed certified cables. Across the board all UHD players are goin to look similar in 4K PQ but it starts to differ in build quality and video/audio settings, upscaling, streaming, other disc formats and so forth which sets them all apart.

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
post #948 of 971 Old 04-26-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I had the Samsung at launch and sold it. Was a nice machine but way overpriced for what it was. I also have the Sony 800 and that’s a very good solid unit. As for settings on my panny nothing crazy I have deep color off which I learned in here and it’s set at 4K/60 (4:4:4) everything else on auto. I have a Sony XBR 930C so different panels will vary with PQ. I think what tv you have is the most important part of the set up and good reliable high speed certified cables. Across the board all UHD players are goin to look similar in 4K PQ but it starts to differ in build quality and video/audio settings, upscaling, streaming, other disc formats and so forth which sets them all apart.
thanks for the tips...I think I will keep enjoying my panny 900 for now. looking forward to some more REAL 4K movies. 2k uprez are ok but blurays are just as good. Almost! My Samsung KS8000 is a nice one-I still think an Oled 3D would have been awesome but no budget for it. it's only a TV! next time...in 5 years. I think 4K is as far as I will go-not sure I could see more resolution than that really.
thanks!
E

post #949 of 971 Old 08-06-2018, 01:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Seriously looking at the Panasonic 900, but I absolutely hate the looks of that series . I just became aware of Panasonic’s 9000 player being released this fall.
Looks much improved, and reminds me of the Oppo cosmetically.

I have an 65” LG Oled that I bought around February this year . Not sure of the model #. I have all Marrantz gear ,and seeing as my pre Pro doesn’t pass 4K , I thought I’d go with 2 HDMI cords from the 9000. One to the flat panel and one to the stereo obviously.
For normal viewing I use the Oled in Expert Dark , and was going to have my Harmony remote change it’s input to Vivid when I’m watching blue rays etc.

Guys , is there an onboard music client on the Panasonic’s players to access your NAS drive.

Update:
I see you can access your network with the 900. Wish I could I could find one lousy video on what the GUI interface looks like when you access your music from your nas drive .
I may buy this unit and be done with it . 699 at Amazon.ca isn’t to terrible, and I suspect the 9000 is going to be close to the 2K Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78C3F17D-0738-41BA-B07E-F22067A47A63.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2438226  

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 08-07-2018 at 10:26 PM.
post #950 of 971 Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I read somewhere that the UB9000 will list at $1000 and be available in the US in October. (note: AVS forum will not let me post the link to the source page...)

Last edited by jkirby; 08-08-2018 at 10:44 PM.
post #951 of 971 Old 08-09-2018, 03:32 AM

Pioneer is betting big on 4K universal players.

Rumors say they are trying to take over the Oppo market.
post #952 of 971 Old 08-09-2018, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirby View Post
I read somewhere that the UB9000 will list at $1000 and be available in the US in October. (note: AVS forum will not let me post the link to the source page...)
It will 99.9% be priced at the $1000 mark in the US market. The estimate is for fall, but I believe they are still trying to gauge the US market for them. Once I see the first shipment or Robert at VE placing an order then we will have a better idea on arrival. If you guys are interested in the 9000 PLEASE reach out to Robert to gauge your interest because he has plenty influence to get them here immediately.
post #953 of 971 Old 08-17-2018, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Panasonic UB900 vs Oppo 203 vs Oppo 205

Hi guys, what's everyone thoughts on this, this unit will be connected to a NAS where I keep all my remuxed uhd + hdr stuff

HT: McIntosh MX122 A/V Processor, McIntosh MC207 Amp, MC7205 Amp, B&W CM2 S2, B&W CM Centre2 S2, B&W CM6 S2, KEF Ci200RR-THX x 4, HSU VTF-15h MK2
post #954 of 971 Old 08-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhbernheim View Post
Hi guys, what's everyone thoughts on this, this unit will be connected to a NAS where I keep all my remuxed uhd + hdr stuff

The Panasonic will not play any files w hi def audio. So you would need to look at alternatives.

Some guy
post #955 of 971 Old 08-19-2018, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo123 View Post
The Panasonic will not play any files w hi def audio. So you would need to look at alternatives.

Will the Oppo 203/205?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT: McIntosh MX122 A/V Processor, McIntosh MC207 Amp, MC7205 Amp, B&W CM2 S2, B&W CM Centre2 S2, B&W CM6 S2, KEF Ci200RR-THX x 4, HSU VTF-15h MK2
post #956 of 971 Old 08-19-2018, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Will the Oppo 203/205?

Yes, I believe so.

Some guy
post #957 of 971 Old 09-25-2018, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2453 Post(s)
Liked: 1174
So I am heavily leaning toward purchasing the new Samsung Q9FN...

If I purchase the matching Samsung M9500 blu-ray player - I am told the two "talk" to each other and the M9500 automatically sets its outputs for the maximum best picture the Q9FN can provide...

Is it hard to configure the UB900 to do the same thing - provide the maximum best picture the Q9FN can provide...

Shopping List:
TV: LG C9/C10, or Samsung Q90R, or Sony ...
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820, or Pioneer Elite LX500, or Sony X800M
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
post #958 of 971 Old 02-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UPB-X1000ES vs DP-UB820

Has anyone done a Sony UPB-X1000ES vs Panasonic DP-UB820 comparison?

Best Audio? Music and Movie

Best Picture?

Best upscaling?
post #959 of 971 Old 02-03-2019, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.odonnell01 View Post
Has anyone done a Sony UPB-X1000ES vs Panasonic DP-UB820 comparison?

Best Audio? Music and Movie

Best Picture?

Best upscaling?
Panasonic don't have Sacd dvd audio.

But Panasonic has a nice videoprossessor
post #960 of 971 Old 02-03-2019, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Will the Oppo 203/205?

Yes, it will play blu-ray folders and MKVs, but keep in mind it will be subject to Cinavia restrictions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
blu ray , playback , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page