Philips BDP7502, BDP5502 UHD Blu-ray Players at CES 2017 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 159Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 750 Old 07-19-2017, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
I don't have a DLNA media server at home to test, but according to the manual, you can't use this player to stream video, only photos and music. The manual says:

"Enjoy content stored on home media servers: This unit allows you to play music files and view photo files stored on home media servers connected to your home network."


Cheers
OK, so can't play video such as ripped dvd and blu-rays in MKV files. Thanks
MacinMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 750 Old 07-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Is the 7502 out yet or have a release date?
Skunkbeard is offline  
post #63 of 750 Old 07-26-2017, 09:09 AM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkbeard View Post
Is the 7502 out yet or have a release date?
Not yet.
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 750 Old 07-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I have the Philips BDP5502 player connected to my Onkyo AVR TX-NR545 and from there to my LG 55UH8500. Yesterday I received my Blu-ray copies of Kong: Skull Island, Ghost in the Shell and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, all in 3D, and noticed two problems:

- The 3 titles have video freezing frequently when watching the 3D version. The freeze doesn't last more than maybe half a second, but it happens every two or three minutes through the movies. First I saw the freezing in Kong: Skull Island, but it happens too in Ghost in the Shell (less frequently) and Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. In the 2D version of the movies, the video plays just fine.

- In Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 3D, the video seems to lost the 3D effect, and sometimes too during the menus. The TV is still in 3D mode, but the player displays a 2D video. It happens too in Kong: Skull Island 3D. Ghost in the Shell 3D plays fine.

I use Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI 18Gbps cables, and using my old Sony BDP-S5100 instead of the Philips BDP5502, the three titles play perfectly in 3D.

Have anyone else noticed this when playing 3D titles?
AmerCa likes this.
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
post #65 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
I finally got this player today. So far I've been really pleased with it, and for a basic disc player I like the fact it has two HDMI ports to separate audio and video so each has a direct connection.

I just read the above post about the 3D freezes, I never got into 3D myself, even though i own a couple discs that came with sets I got. This for me is primarily a sand alone 4k and other disc player so I don't have to rely on an Xbox console, since I'm not a gamer. Plus I'm not happy with the Xbox audio settings where you have to force a bitstream format and it's not auto, and the only auto part is for discs only.

I am watching Planet Earth 2, and the only issue I have had is a slight audio delay between the menu and program start. However, I am thinking this is a disc issue because the Xbox one s was doing it as well when I had let my receiver decode checked. The Philips isn't as bad as the X1 was with this glitch.

What does the Re-encode audio option do over bitstream ? I was going to just set it to LPCM since it's connected to a 5.1 sound bar directly via HDMI and the video HDMI goes to the TV. However, I found PCM only comes out in stereo and not multi channel. For now I have left it set to Bitstream unless the Re-encode is a better option. Thanks.
MacinMan is offline  
post #66 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
What does the Re-encode audio option do over bitstream ? I was going to just set it to LPCM since it's connected to a 5.1 sound bar directly via HDMI and the video HDMI goes to the TV. However, I found PCM only comes out in stereo and not multi channel. For now I have left it set to Bitstream unless the Re-encode is a better option. Thanks.
This is the page manual that shows what audio outputs from the player, according to the source signal and output connection used:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BDP5502-Audio.png
Views:	154
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	2260316  
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
post #67 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
This is the page manual that shows what audio outputs from the player, according to the source signal and output connection used:
Thanks. I also looked ate the description in settings and it's basically the same thing as BD Mix on the sony players meaning if there is secondary audio such as menu sounds or pip commentaries Re-encode will include those whereas bitstream will not. Does this player have the ability to show video and audio details on hitting the info button on the remote? so far I've only gotten basic info as far as time and play status with chapter etc. This isn't a big deal for me, I was just curious.
MacinMan is offline  
post #68 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Does this player have the ability to show video and audio details on hitting the info button on the remote? so far I've only gotten basic info as far as time and play status with chapter etc. This isn't a big deal for me, I was just curious.
No, it doesn't show any extra information. It can show the audio format used if you click the "Audio" button once, and I'm not sure how it works when using PCM or Re-encode options. I always use bitstream.
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
post #69 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
No, it doesn't show any extra information. It can show the audio format used if you click the "Audio" button once, and I'm not sure how it works when using PCM or Re-encode options. I always use bitstream.
Thanks again, looks like everything is set. I did want to ask, Most of my discs are standard blu-ray. I only have a few 4k titles so this will be an all around player for CDs DVD blu-ray, and 4k. How does it do with DVD and blu-ray video ? I was reading a review on the Sony player I had thought about upgrading to, but it sounded like it wasn't so great for up converting content. So far I have no complaints about planet earth 2. Still on the first disc..
MacinMan is offline  
post #70 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Hey all, I've been testing this player for most of the day and have found one minor problem with it. When starting a disc (DVDs especially ) there seems to be a slight audio delay between the different content such any intro video then going to the menu, then starting the actual content. There seems to be a random audio delay for a few seconds between each change. Once the movie, or TV show has started things are fine. Have the player connected to a sound bar via the HDMI audio out port. Audio setting is Bitstream for HDMI audio. The discs i've noticed this the worst on are TV shows where different forms of audio and video transition before the main feature. Its almost like the decode is struggling. I haven't seen this problem since the early days of DVD.

If anyone could offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks
MacinMan is offline  
post #71 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 06:57 PM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Hey all, I've been testing this player for most of the day and have found one minor problem with it. When starting a disc (DVDs especially ) there seems to be a slight audio delay between the different content such any intro video then going to the menu, then starting the actual content. There seems to be a random audio delay for a few seconds between each change. Once the movie, or TV show has started things are fine. Have the player connected to a sound bar via the HDMI audio out port. Audio setting is Bitstream for HDMI audio. The discs i've noticed this the worst on are TV shows where different forms of audio and video transition before the main feature. Its almost like the decode is struggling. I haven't seen this problem since the early days of DVD.

If anyone could offer any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks
That's normal when using bitstream audio. In your case, the sound bar must detect the signal that is receiving to decode it properly and that delay is noticeable. This delay may be shorter or longer, and in some sound bars and a/v receivers is practically non existant.

As a test, try changing the output of the player to LPCM or Re-encode and you may notice that the delay is gone, because the player is decoding the audio internally and your sound bar just has to reproduce the signal, without decoding it.


Enviado desde mi E5803 mediante Tapatalk
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
post #72 of 750 Old 07-28-2017, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX Alpha View Post
That's normal when using bitstream audio. In your case, the sound bar must detect the signal that is receiving to decode it properly and that delay is noticeable. This delay may be shorter or longer, and in some sound bars and a/v receivers is practically non existant.

As a test, try changing the output of the player to LPCM or Re-encode and you may notice that the delay is gone, because the player is decoding the audio internally and your sound bar just has to reproduce the signal, without decoding it.


Enviado desde mi E5803 mediante Tapatalk
One of the things I also did was change the TV's mode to auto for input signal type, and turned off 24p in the Philips because I know from past experience when auto 24P was on for TV show DVDs all kinds of random stuff used to happen, so I've always left that off other then for blu-ray which seems to work better then DVD for 24p content. Plus Ive found different players have different software so that also comes into play with how things are handled. You have given me an idea though, if I am going to watch old TV shows that were nothing more then stereo or mono, bitstream isn't really needed as it's just stereo and PCM will work fine.
MacinMan is offline  
post #73 of 750 Old 07-30-2017, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
@WeaponX Alpha :
Thank you so much for all the feedback you gave me during the testing of the Philips Player. I ended up getting a better deal, so I returned the Philips this morning. If I hadn't been able to do at Best buy what I did, then I would have kept the player.

Basically what happened was I had bought an Xbox one s last fall, for my first UHD player, and haven't used it much because I am not a gamer, didn't want to rely on a console for a disc player. So I took it in yesterday and because I had bought a 2 year extended plan on it Was able to exchange it for a full refund in store credit. So with it I bought the Sony UBP-X800 at no extra cost to me since I had the credit. So while the Philips is a nice basic player, I got a better player for no extra cost.

Also wanted to let you know, the sound delays must have been how the Philips processes audio, and video as the Sony doesn't have the issue. The only thing I have left to deal with now is the best way to sell the two Xbox one s games I got, and the media remote. But I did get the full amount money back for the console, so that was a much better deal then risking not getting what I wanted by trying to sell it.

Oh and in addition to the player I got another 4k disc and a 4 year plan, and still have a little of the credit left over.
MacinMan is offline  
post #74 of 750 Old 07-30-2017, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
@MacinMan the Sony UBP-X800 supports YouTube HDR. Just FYI
@Marc Alexander : not sure if you saw my last post, but the Sony UBP-X800 is exactly what i went with after trying the philips, and after being tired of the Xbox one s.
MacinMan is offline  
post #75 of 750 Old 07-30-2017, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,275
Mentioned: 230 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5287 Post(s)
Liked: 4805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
@Marc Alexander : not sure if you saw my last post, but the Sony UBP-X800 is exactly what i went with after trying the philips, and after being tired of the Xbox one s.
Cool, I'll PM you about your Xbox stuff.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #76 of 750 Old 08-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Member
 
WeaponX Alpha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
@MacinMan I'm glad to help.

My BDP5502 will become my backup player, because I just ordered the LG UP970 online, with a deal that was a no-brainer. And since my TV does support Dolby Vision, I think the LG its a better addition to my home theater.

Cheers
WeaponX Alpha is offline  
post #77 of 750 Old 08-15-2017, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
morphinapg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,694
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2244 Post(s)
Liked: 1779
I wasn't discussing prices or anything but the mods deleted my post anyway *sigh*

I was simply posting to let people know the 7502 is actually being sold right now, and I included the amazon link simply because I was noting that it didn't mention Dolby Vision anywhere on the product page.

Living Room: Sony XBR65X930D, Sony HTCT780, Base PS4, Philips BDP7501
Bedroom: LG OLED55C6P, Denon AVR-X1300W (5.1.2), PS4 Pro, Philips BDP7502, AV.io 4K
Check out my video game movie edits
morphinapg is offline  
post #78 of 750 Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 379
This product page does. We need Vudu DV verification, too.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/BDP7...e-all-benefits
Skunkbeard is offline  
post #79 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gillietalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,116
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked: 1416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkbeard View Post
This product page does. We need Vudu DV verification, too.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/BDP7...e-all-benefits
Yeah but it's not in the specification tab in the video enhancement section. Only HDR10 is listed. I wonder if it will have to be a later software upgrade or does it work out of the box...

Still thinking I'm going to buy this player though. The buzz sound from my LG can be annoying at times...
morphinapg likes this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
Gillietalls is offline  
post #80 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 761
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkbeard View Post
This product page does. We need Vudu DV verification, too.

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/BDP7...e-all-benefits
Yeah but it's not in the specification tab in the video enhancement section. Only HDR10 is listed. I wonder if it will have to be a later software upgrade or does it work out of the box...

Still thinking I'm going to buy this player though. The buzz sound from my LG can be annoying at times...
From the same link there is a leaflet PDF that mentions Dolby Vision for the player. Oddly, the user manual lacks mentioning DV.

The leaflet is from May...user manual April.

Oh...no mention of Vudu at all. Just Netflix and YouTube.
Skunkbeard is offline  
post #81 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 10:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Noticed that the Canadian page for the player went up today.
https://www.philips.ca/c-p/BDP7502_F...blu-ray-player

Be glad to see a user review of the player, want an 4k player with DV to match my OLED TV but can wait for a DV software upgrade. Not enthused by the LG UP970 reviews re sounds during playback, the Oppo seems overpriced and not quite a finished product, and the others don't have DV.
Kuro2Oled is offline  
post #82 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
@Marc Alexander : not sure if you saw my last post, but the Sony UBP-X800 is exactly what i went with after trying the philips, and after being tired of the Xbox one s.
The problem with all Sony devices (TVs and players) is they will not play 50 hz material. A real problem if you get PAL converted BBC shows on American discs. Some discs are better converted to real 60 hz than others. It is particularly a problem with older shows. My go to for testing is Kenneth Clark's Civilisation blu ray set. Most other players & TVs have no issues with 50 hz. A real shame because I've used Sony's since the 70s.

My Philips 7501 plays 50 hz fine.
naustin is online now  
post #83 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphinapg View Post
I wasn't discussing prices or anything but the mods deleted my post anyway *sigh*

I was simply posting to let people know the 7502 is actually being sold right now, and I included the amazon link simply because I was noting that it didn't mention Dolby Vision anywhere on the product page.
I got dinged on the 7501 thread, you can reference its now on Amazon, but you can't post the retail link. Of course it doesn't help that a Moderator has a 7501 and follows the thread closely.
naustin is online now  
post #84 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
The problem with all Sony devices (TVs and players) is they will not play 50 hz material. A real problem if you get PAL converted BBC shows on American discs. Some discs are better converted to real 60 hz than others. It is particularly a problem with older shows. My go to for testing is Kenneth Clark's Civilisation blu ray set. Most other players & TVs have no issues with 50 hz. A real shame because I've used Sony's since the 70s.

My Philips 7501 plays 50 hz fine.
@naustin : Well, the only BBC content I own is the chronicles of Narnia on DVD, and the only other thing I would be most likely interested in would be the original Bionic Woman series which is also DVD. Most of the shows I would want on disc, were not even converted to Blu-ray, so not sure 50 hertz will even be an issue for me. Depending on the content, I can't really notice a huge difference between 60 and 24p. I think the most difference would be in a lot of fast action scenes correct?
MacinMan is offline  
post #85 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
@naustin : Well, the only BBC content I own is the chronicles of Narnia on DVD, and the only other thing I would be most likely interested in would be the original Bionic Woman series which is also DVD. Most of the shows I would want on disc, were not even converted to Blu-ray, so not sure 50 hertz will even be an issue for me. Depending on the content, I can't really notice a huge difference between 60 and 24p. I think the most difference would be in a lot of fast action scenes correct?
It is also an issue with 50 hz BBC/European PAL converted Dvds. Yes it is rare, but a shock to pop in an old or new disk, and get the "non supported format" screen.

Edit: In your case it doesn't matter since a US spec Sony TV wouldn't play the 50 hz material anyway.

Last edited by naustin; 08-16-2017 at 11:13 AM.
naustin is online now  
post #86 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
It is also an issue with 50 hz BBC/European PAL converted Dvds. Yes it is rare, but a shock to pop in an old or new disk, and get the "non supported format" screen.
Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I would have thought about it unless someone bought it up as I've never bought a disc that wasn't mastered for NTSC, or region A for blu-ray, and I think DVD is region 1. One thing I had forgotten about was I thought barriers between video formats had gone away when blu-ray came onto the scene, and the region coding was just a way of licensing. It sounds like different regions still encode their video formats differently.

Plus, my info is behind here. I always remember NTSC as 29.7 fps, and PAL was 25.so when did 50 become standard? was that europe's response to the blu-ray introduction ?
MacinMan is offline  
post #87 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I would have thought about it unless someone bought it up as I've never bought a disc that wasn't mastered for NTSC, or region A for blu-ray, and I think DVD is region 1. One thing I had forgotten about was I thought barriers between video formats had gone away when blu-ray came onto the scene, and the region coding was just a way of licensing. It sounds like different regions still encode their video formats differently.

Plus, my info is behind here. I always remember NTSC as 29.7 fps, and PAL was 25.so when did 50 become standard? was that europe's response to the blu-ray introduction ?
I'm not really into video modes and probably mangled the PAL 50 hz thing. NTSC is USA and PAL is European. The point is some conversions to US NTSC will be 50 hz not 60 hz.
naustin is online now  
post #88 of 750 Old 08-16-2017, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
I'm not really into video modes and probably mangled the PAL 50 hz thing. NTSC is USA and PAL is European. The point is some conversions to US NTSC will be 50 hz not 60 hz.
Point taken, thanks for the heads up.
MacinMan is offline  
post #89 of 750 Old 08-21-2017, 09:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
naustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Deep in the Heart of TX
Posts: 2,907
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1672 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Looking at the Amazon listing again, there is only one retailer and they say ships between August 25 and 30. Me thinks, the product isn't actually released yet.
naustin is online now  
post #90 of 750 Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MacinMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,969
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by naustin View Post
Looking at the Amazon listing again, there is only one retailer and they say ships between August 25 and 30. Me thinks, the product isn't actually released yet.
When I got the Sony from my local Best Buy, I didn't notice any Philips UHD players at all. At the time, I think the Sony was the only UHD player in stock, and the rest were standard blu-ray players with upscaling. to 4k.

Walmart has been the only place I've seen any of the current Philips players (5502)
MacinMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
bdp5502 , bdp7502 , ces 2017 , Philips , ultra hd blu-ray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off