OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25389Likes

post #5431 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldemusick View Post
I'm going to post here as well about an issue that features the X800 -- I posted this in an audio-specific area, but got no responses (and I may get none here, either.)

I picked up the X800 because it plays a number of formats I want to be able to play -- to wit, DVD-Audio and SACD, among others. It also has the dual outputs, which is good, as I have a Sony STR DG820 receiver, which doesn't do 4K pass-through (or, for that matter, ARC.)
I had same issue with the Sony 1000ES and a Panasonic UDB 900 - the Oppo 203 did not have this issues. I was only trying to get audio out of the Sony for movies especially ATMOS.

The problem was solved by:
1. This is a HDMI Handshake issue so I had a HD Fury AVR Key for my OLED - I sed it to connect Audio Out of the Sony to the AVR Key and the out of AVR Key to my Receiver which is Legacy (Not 4K). Since the AVR Key is meant for my OLED TV this weekend I will get a 15 dollar HDMI splitter from Fry's and see if it also does the job.
2. After I got the sound it was only PCM - for this I went into the Audio Menu of the Sony and turned off BD Mix (or something like that) and I am getting ATMOS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2591 Post(s)
Liked: 2435
Anyone try the new Pirates 4K disc in a non-4K set-up?

Two issues thus far. Could be the player, could be the disc.

The text in the disc menus is very muted in brightness, such that is is virtually impossible to see what options are selected as you navigate via the remote. The standard BluRay has very bright disc menu text in comparison and user selections are obvious.

Secondly, when entering the settings menu to select the soundtrack, the disc hangs. You can’t go forward or back, and the remote becomes unresponsive in terms of menu navigation.

Powering the 800 down gets back to the main disc menu, and the film plays ok. Picture quality converting to SDR is good, although blacks may be a bit crushed.

Impossible to know if this is a disc authoring issue or a problem with the player. I of course could just play the BR, but the point of the exercise is to get the Atmos soundtrack.
post #5433 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
"volgure" is certainly "vulgar" but "spiritistic" has me stumped, though I suspect the OP is griping about the fantasy films such as Ghostbusters.

I was a bit disappointed in the selections myself, but after a bit of back and forth I went with Billy Lynn's Halftime Walk and The Shallows. Both strike me as watch once an never again, but at least I have people on the VUDU library family connection who'll watch these as well. I have several of the other films in Blu-Ray, and none of those seem like they're worth upgrading.
The selection was really poor when I bought my player at the end of January. I ended up with The Shallows (which I had not seen) and Underworld (which I owned on BD, but liked the movie). There wasn't much else I was interested in, as I didn't feel like upgrading my original Ghostbusters (the new 4K scan).
shelton.chris likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5434 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rnarian View Post
Glad you mentioned this. One second b4 the player froze, it got the Loading pop up. So that must be the reason, however my Quick On setting is and always has been Off so that solution doesnt work for me.
Thanks for the suggestions, none worked. On a whim, I decided to swap out the network cable from the 800 to a hub I have in my cabinet. Problem solved. I had a problem with Uverse previously and swapping the network cable fixed the problem. I can now get Amazon just fine and have watched hours of YouTube with 0 freeze issues.
post #5435 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Chew View Post
Hi,

I just got my X800. The player does not seem to be able to detect MKV file on my PC. When I went to the folder, it shows a message which says there are no supportable file. When I copy the file on USB, the player is able to detect. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.!
How are you connecting your pc to the x800? I find Plex DLNA media server to be very good, including playing those massive 30-40 gb media files.
post #5436 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 08:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 842
Quote:
I'm going to post here as well about an issue that features the X800 -- I posted this in an audio-specific area, but got no responses (and I may get none here, either.)

I picked up the X800 because it plays a number of formats I want to be able to play -- to wit, DVD-Audio and SACD, among others. It also has the dual outputs, which is good, as I have a Sony STR DG820 receiver, which doesn't do 4K pass-through (or, for that matter, ARC.)

The issue that I've run into is that when I connect the HDMI2 output to the receiver, and turn on the separate audio output, I get bupkiss in terms of audio. Nothing I've tried in settings is helping with this, and the manuals for receiver and player are quite unhelpful.

As a result, right now I have my TV (a 2017 TCL Roku unit) connected via optical to the receiver, which mostly works fine and dandy, and a coaxial connection from the x800 to the DG820, which is fine for CD playback but apparently pretty useless for any surround formats (it keeps defaulting to PCM, max 24/48.) DVD-Audio playback via the TCL audio loop causes the player to default to the DTS/Dolby Digital DVD tracks.

So, I'm wondering what I'm missing here and being stupid about in the x800 settings. In theory it should talk to the receiver, given that they're both Sony products, and that the audio out was intended specifically for this kind of situation.

Any ideas for solutions on this?

If I can't get this figured out, and the audio working as intended, I'll have to bite the bullet and upgrade the receiver. I was just hoping to put that off for a while longer -- too much else to sort out, and I really don't want to dive into the cabling *again* so soon after diving into it to put the x800 in place....
OK let's try hooking up everything as follows.

Confirm that your receiver's HDMI setting is set to "amp" not "amp+TV".
Set the X800 to output PCM for SACD's.
Connect the TV via optical to TV optical in.
Connect the X800 HDMI 1 to the TCL.
Connect the X800 HDMI 2 to the receiver's BD HDMI input.

I have been using both HDMI outputs on the X800 since day one and have not had any issues with audio from HDMI 2. Please ask away if you have any questions.

HT TCL 55P605, Mitsubishi HC6500, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic LX1000, Firestick 4K, ATV4K, Onkyo TX-NR787, DefTech, Klipsch, Martin Logan, SVS @ 5.2.4 Atmos
Stereo Sansui SR-4050, Dual 1219, Oppo UDP 203, Emotiva PT-100, Be One Audio MA100, Polk Monitor 10, SVS SB1000
post #5437 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 4
My new x800 just froze several times playing Passengers in UHD and HDR-10. This plus the fact that Sony seems to have confirmed that Dolby Vision will not be added to this unit is the final straw. Back it goes to Best Buy. Perhaps it's too early for a UHD player (other than OPPO).
post #5438 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked: 1571
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfeir View Post
My new x800 just froze several times playing Passengers in UHD and HDR-10. This plus the fact that Sony seems to have confirmed that Dolby Vision will not be added to this unit is the final straw. Back it goes to Best Buy. Perhaps it's too early for a UHD player (other than OPPO).
Just out of curiosity, do you know what version of firmware it has?

I had some trouble before version 175. (Mostly with Fox BDs.) None since. The current version is 178.

I'm not sure what to suggest, if you want an inexpensive player that supports DV.

The LG UP970 had a firmware update that supports DV, but LG withdrew it. No date has been announced for when a new version should be released.

The Philips UBP7502 is supposed to receive a DV update before the end of the year, but it's not out yet. Sam's Club sells a version as the UBP7302 (supposedly identical, just a different model number to avoid price matching) for $160.

I haven't paid much attention the Oppo 203, but apparently it had a lot of teething issues. I hope they're all resolved.
post #5439 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
If you think the VERY EXPENSIVE Oppo doesn't have playback issues you haven't been following the Oppo forum.
aaronwt and j4894 like this.
post #5440 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 17
A few days ago I got the X800 and for some reason I think that it has compatibility issues with my Sony 55X930D TV. When I set the x800 to auto in screen settings it takes several seconds to for my X930D to get a picture and sometimes it does not get the picture. This happens with a 4k movie, but on a bluray movies there is no issue. When I turn off deep color in the x800, the picture shows within a two seconds on a 4k movie and bluray movie is normal. When I select YCbCr 4:2:2 with deep color on, HDR auto, and 24p auto on the x800, the picture shows up right way both on 4k movie discs and bluray discs. I connected the x800 directly to my tv and to my receiver and had the same results. I'm using monoprice HDMI Certified Premium Highspeed cables. Does this picture issue have to do with the X800 thinking that my X930D has enough bandwidth to display YCbCr 4:4:4/10 bit or 12 bit/HDR/24p at the same time?

Last edited by Kage; 10-07-2017 at 05:59 PM.
post #5441 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 06:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a Sony 940e 75in tv with Sonys HT-ST5000 atoms soundbar and the udb-x800. I have the soundbar connected to TV with ARC and the Blu-ray player connect to the sound bar input all via premium hdmi cables. I enable bitstream in the bluray and enhanced hdmi on the devices. I cannot figure out how to get Dolby Atmos to play from my bar. I am using Atmos blurays (Mad Max and Guardians 2). Whenever I hit display is still says Dolby HD 7.1 and not atmos. Any suggestion what am I doing wrong? Thanks
post #5442 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Passengers played fine on my X-800.
aaronwt likes this.
post #5443 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 07:37 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
"spiritistic" ? "volgure"?

Unfamiliar words, seemingly not English. Can you translate?

Yeah, the choices were less than wonderful when I got the X800 a few months ago. I thought they'd added some better films since, but I don't have ready access to their current offerings.
I’m so bad at spelling that spell check can’t figure out what I’m trying to type… spiritistic.. however you spell it, is about demons, unnatural powers, Ghosts, zombies, witches and such. And vulgar, meaning extremely crude and indecent. Stuff I wouldn’t want kids to see, stuff I don’t want to see.

The selection when I chose was all stuff like resident evil, underworld, angels and demons, horror, sausage party...
There was passengers that I own and wish I didn’t (chick flick in space), mag 7 (own) Spider two, worst Spider-Man movie ever made... really there was Nothing worth owning. I went for Shallows and Salt. Salt was terrible, but there was just nothing.

Last edited by funky54; 10-07-2017 at 07:46 PM.
post #5444 of 9786 Old 10-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
I’m a huge Oppo fan. Owned a 103 and a 105... I went the x-800. Check out the Oppo thread. There are some fanatical Oppo fan boys that defend it past reason, but the bottom line is it’s plauged with issues. I think its soul purpose is to make Sony look good.
WynsWrld98 likes this.
post #5445 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 01:16 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Had my very first freeze yesterday since release, whilst watching Fast and furious 7 only 6 minutes in it completely froze, had to stop playback completely before I could get it working again.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

TV: Sony KD55XD9305, AV Receiver: Denon AVR-X4300H, Speakers/Sub: Tannoy Mercury V4i / v1i (Rear) + Tannoy Mercury VCi (Center), SVS PB-1000 (Sub), ELAC Dolby Atmos Speakers Front+Rear 4K Blu-ray: Sony UBP-X800
post #5446 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron186 View Post
I have a Sony 940e 75in tv with Sonys HT-ST5000 atoms soundbar and the udb-x800. I have the soundbar connected to TV with ARC and the Blu-ray player connect to the sound bar input all via premium hdmi cables. I enable bitstream in the bluray and enhanced hdmi on the devices. I cannot figure out how to get Dolby Atmos to play from my bar. I am using Atmos blurays (Mad Max and Guardians 2). Whenever I hit display is still says Dolby HD 7.1 and not atmos. Any suggestion what am I doing wrong? Thanks
When I press display on the UHD player it does say dolby tru-hd 7.1 but my receiver does display Dolby ATMOS. The ATMOS information is embed in the Dolby Tru-HD 7.1 soundtrack. The BD Audio Mix option in the UHD player needs to be turned off.
post #5447 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
I had same issue with the Sony 1000ES and a Panasonic UDB 900 - the Oppo 203 did not have this issues. I was only trying to get audio out of the Sony for movies especially ATMOS.

The problem was solved by:
1. This is a HDMI Handshake issue so I had a HD Fury AVR Key for my OLED - I sed it to connect Audio Out of the Sony to the AVR Key and the out of AVR Key to my Receiver which is Legacy (Not 4K). Since the AVR Key is meant for my OLED TV this weekend I will get a 15 dollar HDMI splitter from Fry's and see if it also does the job.
2. After I got the sound it was only PCM - for this I went into the Audio Menu of the Sony and turned off BD Mix (or something like that) and I am getting ATMOS.
Thanks! This set me on what appears to be the right track, though I still need to check out some different formats. So far, though, I have sound via the receiver (I do need to edit the CEC to stop the receiver being flipped back to the TV) and from disc and streaming apps it's doing all the right things. I'll check DVD-Audio shortly.

The trick seems to have involved using the BD input on the receiver and putting a Rocketfish switch in between (which will switch between the Sony audio and the LG multiregion.)

Thanks for the assist.
post #5448 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
OK let's try hooking up everything as follows.

Confirm that your receiver's HDMI setting is set to "amp" not "amp+TV".
Set the X800 to output PCM for SACD's.
Connect the TV via optical to TV optical in.
Connect the X800 HDMI 1 to the TCL.
Connect the X800 HDMI 2 to the receiver's BD HDMI input.

I have been using both HDMI outputs on the X800 since day one and have not had any issues with audio from HDMI 2. Please ask away if you have any questions.
First step has been the case from the start. Secondstep...hm, okay, I'll try that and see what happens. TV has been connected optically to the Sony since I hung itbon the wall, no issues there. X800 is hooked to HDMI3 (it makes no difference on TCLs which port gets used for 4K, but only HDMI1 does ARC/CEC, only the latter of which is in play here.)

What I've done: x800 HDMI2 goes into a switch, which outputs to the BD input on the receiver (HDMI4, I think.) I'd intended using the switch anyway, but to accommodate the Roku 4 and WDTV Live. Instead, the x800 and the LG multiregion player go through it.

This seems to have done the trick -- I have sound from disc and streaming apps, still need to see what happens with SACD and DVD-Audio.

I'm trying to be as boringly detailed as I can...it might help others.

Your suggestion of the BD port and Ash Sharma's notes on the switch might have been just the trick, though.

And then when I'm ready to jump my system up a notch...all this will be dead history for me.

Last edited by wyldemusick; 10-08-2017 at 04:29 AM.
post #5449 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky54 View Post
I’m so bad at spelling that spell check can’t figure out what I’m trying to type… spiritistic.. however you spell it, is about demons, unnatural powers, Ghosts, zombies, witches and such. And vulgar, meaning extremely crude and indecent. Stuff I wouldn’t want kids to see, stuff I don’t want to see.
I type so badly, generally, that I wind up with all kinds of mistakes.

As for film choices, well, you make the choices you want for your family, and I do get the disinclination for certain things -- you won't find me buying the 4K versions of the Fifty Shades films, for instance (or *any* version.) Passengers had issues galore, and wasn't really a chick flick, rather a male-oriented bondage/rape fantasy at its core.

I understand the reluctance to bother with the supernatural films -- I'm okay with supernatural and fantasy (and superhero, speaking of unnatural powers) but I grew out of gruesome horror back when I was a twenty-something, and involved enough in film and TV that I'd watch some squishy thing and criticize the makeup effects.

That said, I have Ghostbusters 2016 on Blu, don't need the upgrade, Mag7 I thought was weak (digital rental), etcetera, and that's how I ended up with The Shallows, and Billy Lynn's Long Half-Time Walk, which i guess wasn't available when you had to make choices.

Honestly, if we ran a poll I think the #1 selection out of all the X800 owners who got the deal would be The Shallows. I just wonder which film came in at #2 .
post #5450 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Please contact Sony support to report this disc freezing issue or any other issues that you are facing. If Sony doesn't know your issues, it won't be able to fix them, simple.

Here are the links to call/chat/email:

For UBP-X800: https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/suppo...pl?mdl=UBPX800

For UBP-UX80 (Costco version): https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/suppo...pl?mdl=UBPUX80
WynsWrld98 likes this.
post #5451 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Well, Angels & Demons isn't really about angels or demons. It's a puzzle thriller set in the Vatican during a conclave to select the next Pope. It's based on Dan Brown's best seller, and while it still may not be your cup of tea with a fair amount of violence, it's only dealing with human evil and the mad dash to thwart it and has nothing to do with the supernatural. For me, it would have made a decent choice from a lackluster list of possibilities.
post #5452 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First step has been the case from the start. Secondstep...hm, okay, I'll try that and see what happens. TV has been connected optically to the Sony since I hung itbon the wall, no issues there. X800 is hooked to HDMI3 (it makes no difference on TCLs which port gets used for 4K, but only HDMI1 does ARC/CEC, only the latter of which is in play here.)

What I've done: x800 HDMI2 goes into a switch, which outputs to the BD input on the receiver (HDMI4, I think.) I'd intended using the switch anyway, but to accommodate the Roku 4 and WDTV Live. Instead, the x800 and the LG multiregion player go through it.

This seems to have done the trick -- I have sound from disc and streaming apps, still need to see what happens with SACD and DVD-Audio.

I'm trying to be as boringly detailed as I can...it might help others.

Your suggestion of the BD port and Ash Sharma's notes on the switch might have been just the trick, though.

And then when I'm ready to jump my system up a notch...all this will be dead history for me.
Cool, glad it is working, there are always options when connecting gear. As long as you get satisfaction it is OK. As for SACD make sure you change the SACD playback mode to PCM on the X800. Your receiver cannot handle straight DSD from SACD's. And remember, when you get your new receiver you can post again and we'll do our best to help. That's what this place is all about.

HT TCL 55P605, Mitsubishi HC6500, Oppo UDP-203, Panasonic LX1000, Firestick 4K, ATV4K, Onkyo TX-NR787, DefTech, Klipsch, Martin Logan, SVS @ 5.2.4 Atmos
Stereo Sansui SR-4050, Dual 1219, Oppo UDP 203, Emotiva PT-100, Be One Audio MA100, Polk Monitor 10, SVS SB1000
post #5453 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ubp-x800 closed caption issues

Anybody else have problems with closed caption setup on UBP-X800? I find the default settings for CC are too large and TOO BRIGHT. There are settings in the set-up menu to vary these things, and appear to “take” while in set-up, but on return to film revert to the standard settings. I have sent an email to Sony support to report the issue.
post #5454 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4001 Post(s)
Liked: 3019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ix400 View Post
has anyone tried to use the x800 with an alternative remote control? Are the RCs of the previous sony blu-ray player models compatible?

I would like to have a remote with numerical keyboard, so that I can enter the "7669" code for the calibration pictures being present on the Sony UHD discs.
I did a search but I don't see this question being sufficiently answered. I would also like to access the test patterns hidden as an easter egg on Sony UHD discs, but this player does not have a numerical keypad on the remote to enter 7669 with.

I tried downloading a couple of random Sony Blu-ray player models into my Harmony remote, but unfortunately that didn't work. Has anyone had success getting the numerical keys on another Sony BD player's remote to work with the X800, and if so which model? Or is the X800 simply not compatible with those commands?

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #5455 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
I did a search but I don't see this question being sufficiently answered. I would also like to access the test patterns hidden as an easter egg on Sony UHD discs, but this player does not have a numerical keypad on the remote to enter 7669 with.

I tried downloading a couple of random Sony Blu-ray player models into my Harmony remote, but unfortunately that didn't work. Has anyone had success getting the numerical keys on another Sony BD player's remote to work with the X800, and if so which model? Or is the X800 simply not compatible with those commands?
The remote for my ancient BDP-N460 did the trick. The remote model number is RMT-B104A.

post #5456 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
As for SACD make sure you change the SACD playback mode to PCM on the X800. Your receiver cannot handle straight DSD from SACD's.
The STR-DG820 will handle DSD..sort of. The output is just really sludgy because it doesn't decode correctly. Ash Sharma had suggested switching the DSD set to stereo, which, well, just gives 2 channel out on a multichannel source. Good point on setting directly to PCM for SACD -- well, switching to off from auto.

The coaxial link is pitiful, though...low-level stereo-only.

When the upgrade occurs, I should be fine. The only problem I anticipate is in hanging the Atmos speakers and navigating the cable hell (I have cord covers and Velcro ties. It will require recabling again to use 'em.)

Last edited by wyldemusick; 10-08-2017 at 11:37 PM.
post #5457 of 9786 Old 10-08-2017, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
The selection was really poor when I bought my player at the end of January. I ended up with The Shallows (which I had not seen) and Underworld (which I owned on BD, but liked the movie). There wasn't much else I was interested in, as I didn't feel like upgrading my original Ghostbusters (the new 4K scan).
The selection is definitely weak, but we enjoyed Passengers way more than I expected. Yes, it’s relatively predictable and it’s a romance at heart but I’ll take that over non-stop violence as entertainment any day. We bought Logan after everyone raved about the film and of the two I enjoyed the free movie a great deal more. We got Concussion as our second freebie because my wife is a sports nut but we haven’t gotten around to watching it just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
Passengers played fine on my X-800.
Likewise. No issues here.

I’ve been generally impressed with the X800 and really appreciate having a modern SACD player. It worked well enough with a PCM output to my older Denton but really shines with DSD over HDMI to my new Yamaha Aventage receiver.
post #5458 of 9786 Old 10-09-2017, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4001 Post(s)
Liked: 3019
Quote:
The remote for my ancient BDP-N460 did the trick. The remote model number is RMT-B104A.
That worked, thanks!

I will also ashamedly admit that I didn't realize the test pattern easter egg could only be accessed from the disc menu. I tried entering 7669 while the movie was playing and nothing happened.

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #5459 of 9786 Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

Quote:
Have you guys tried the Video & TV SideView app? Available both in iOS and Android. I use the app regularly for situations like these and much more.
post #5460 of 9786 Old 10-09-2017, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Does that remote also allow you to select tracks on a CD/SACD with the numeric buttons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4kupscale , 5040 , dsf , Epson , problem , Sony , sony ubp-x800 , streaming music , surround decode , ubp-ux80 , ubp-x1000es , x800

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page