OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 257 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25395Likes

post #7681 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 04:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
I'd like to use the streaming since it would give me the higher-quality audio than the optical from the TV but the native apps on the 900E pull in pretty good picture quality. I just upgraded to the 4K package a day or two ago so maybe it's just a hiccup.

This is the first issue I have had with streaming and I primarily watch Netflix. It’s fixed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7682 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
My Netflix hasn't worked since I bought the player last August, but last night, miraculously it sprung into life, but 20 mins into a show... it froze and stalled and wouldn't even power down from the remote!

Big ridden piece of ****

Has anyone had more luck with another machine please? I really want to like it and love the solid build but it's so buggy, it's untrue!
hdtv_lover and ez1dog like this.

Marantz SR7011 | Arcam Class G Power Amp | Bowers & Wilkins CM9/C/1 | BK Monolith Plus DF | Sony X800 | Xbox One X | Apple TV 4K | Marantz NA7004 | Sky Q 2TB | Panasonic 65" DX902B
post #7683 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by brireeves629 View Post
This is the first issue I have had with streaming and I primarily watch Netflix. It’s fixed now.

Yup, working fine now. Must have been a part of the earlier weirdness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7684 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 761
I still cannot connect with YouTube. I had the earlier prompting about the network error but that resolved itself as mentioned.
post #7685 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1750 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I still cannot connect with YouTube. I had the earlier prompting about the network error but that resolved itself as mentioned.
Should be working by now. I was just using the app for an hour.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #7686 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
Should be working by now. I was just using the app for an hour.

I just tried again and only see the YouTube screen but no loading. The other apps works just fine.
post #7687 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
I just tried again and only see the YouTube screen but no loading. The other apps works just fine.
YOU TUBE app is not working "still" on the 800...all other apps are back to normal after the earlier incident when we couldnt get any apps to work on our 800 player...but YOU TUBE is still out on the 800.
When selecting the YOU TUBE app all I get is a Google error message (sort of like the error message that I sometimes get on my laptop when I Google that says: "OOPS! Cannot reach this page/cannot be found/something went wrong" message ------or something like that).
I am able to play YOU TUBE on my SONY 65 inch 930E TV but not on the 800.
But I must say the YOU TUBE app on the SONY 930E is a new version of YOU TUBE so maybe it hasnt "rolled out" to the 800 Blu Ray player yet.
Who knows??????????

Last edited by aflorida; 03-30-2018 at 07:07 PM.
post #7688 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 07:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflorida View Post
YOU TUBE app is not working "still" on the 800...all other apps are back to normal after the earlier incident when we couldnt get any apps to work on our 800 player...but YOU TUBE is still out on the 800.
When selecting the YOU TUBE app all I get is a Google error message (sort of like the error message that I sometimes get on my laptop when I Google that says: "OOPS! Cannot reach this page/cannot be found/something went wrong" message ------or something like that).
But I must say the YOU TUBE app on the SONY 930E is a new version of YOU TUBE so maybe it hasnt "rolled out" to the 800 Blu Ray player yet.
Who knows??????????
It's working perfectly for me right now. I take it that YT worked for you previously?
post #7689 of 9845 Old 03-30-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRuss View Post
My Netflix hasn't worked since I bought the player last August, but last night, miraculously it sprung into life, but 20 mins into a show... it froze and stalled and wouldn't even power down from the remote!

Big ridden piece of ****

Has anyone had more luck with another machine please? I really want to like it and love the solid build but it's so buggy, it's untrue!

Oppo and Cambridge make very good players, but neither of them support streaming apps like the Sony. I’m curious though if the 1000x has these issues...

RRRuss likes this.
post #7690 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brireeves629 View Post
Oppo and Cambridge make very good players, but neither of them support streaming apps like the Sony. I’m curious though if the 1000x has these issues...

I like the look of that new Panasonic 9000 too...

I have Apple TV 4K for streaming so I guess I could take a look at the Oppo, but they are very pricey here ($911!)

Maybe there will be ANOTHER firmware issue to fix things (or make it worse!)

Marantz SR7011 | Arcam Class G Power Amp | Bowers & Wilkins CM9/C/1 | BK Monolith Plus DF | Sony X800 | Xbox One X | Apple TV 4K | Marantz NA7004 | Sky Q 2TB | Panasonic 65" DX902B
post #7691 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 71
That's how I take it: sometimes it's better NOT to use this f....g edge tech and do something else, the bad moments will pass by, you will have done (hopefully) some useful physical activity and ... when you hit power button everything works as before (or maybe, ... better), after the apps content update it always shows at the beginning!
Wow
Regards
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #7692 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 03:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Hey all,

I wanted to get some feedback, I've had the X800 for almost a year now, and I've had minimal to no issues with it. In fact currently everything is working as expected. My question is, when I purchased it, I also got the extended protection plan through best buy which in the past has allowed me to return the item in question for store credit. With this said, while I prefer Sony products when working with non apple products, there a better UHD player I could get without going overboard on cost? My main concern would be support for firmware updates.

I've owned a few Sony DVD / Blu-ray / now the UHD player without hardly any issues in the last few years. I see there are people who have a lot more problems then I've had with any Sony product over the course of several years.

The other question is, can this player be used as a local player only with all network function disabled ? I have an Apple TV 4k, and ROKU Premiere+ as dedicated streamers.
post #7693 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
Hey all,

I wanted to get some feedback, I've had the X800 for almost a year now, and I've had minimal to no issues with it. In fact currently everything is working as expected. My question is, when I purchased it, I also got the extended protection plan through best buy which in the past has allowed me to return the item in question for store credit. With this said, while I prefer Sony products when working with non apple products, there a better UHD player I could get without going overboard on cost? My main concern would be support for firmware updates.

I've owned a few Sony DVD / Blu-ray / now the UHD player without hardly any issues in the last few years. I see there are people who have a lot more problems then I've had with any Sony product over the course of several years.

The other question is, can this player be used as a local player only with all network function disabled ? I have an Apple TV 4k, and ROKU Premiere+ as dedicated streamers.

Other than this most recent problem, there was some disc playback problem when I first got this player, but the first Firmware update resolved that. I have been very happy with the player. Everything I stream on it (mostly Netflix) looks and sounds better than any of my other TVs which use Fire Sticks. Both the 4K disks AND upscaled Blue Rays look fantastic. I have a friend that has more issues than I do and a lot of what I have read on here are issues I have not experienced. There are other players that play 4K disc content as good, but for twice the $$. This player is hands down the best bang for buck player available right now.

That said, when I experienced the Network Connection issue yesterday, I was still able to watch the disk so my short answer would be yes, you can use this as a local player only.

post #7694 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
Hey all,

If you have no interest in apps via the player, and firmware support is a high priority, the Oppo 203 is the one to have imo. But...it's double the price of the X800. There is Dolby Vision on the Oppo, and not likely to show up on the X800, if that's a concern for you. And "going overboard on cost" is a personal thing you'll have to decide. I have both and have nothing bad to say about either player. The Oppo is the best player. The X800 is the best player for the money. Just my opinion of course, good luck with your decision.
aaronwt likes this.
post #7695 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSpan View Post
Bought one this weekend (my first UHD player) and watched Justice League with my son. Also bought an Onkyo TX-NR656 to update my receiver and the final chain was X800 --> NR656 passthrough --> 65" X900E.

This was my very first 4K AND HDR experience and it looked absolutely fantastic... totally understand the HDR hype now. Have used it a couple of times to stream as well and the apps are super-smooth and look great as well (set to let the TV upscale). The wife and I also watched La La Land (Blu-Ray but not UHD) and that looked and sounded great as well.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any firsthand experience in comparing this directly with the Philips players?
If anyone wants to see something HDR wise that will almost make you faint go to the YouTube app and search "Samsung wonderland two". Prepare yourself, brace yourself because you might fall. Yeah it looks that good.

whotony, pspoar, aflorida and 1 others like this.
post #7696 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@brireeves629 and @Tornado Red : Thank you for the feedback. Just wanted to clarify a couple things I use streaming apps, but have always been recommended a dedicated streamer over smart TV or blu-ray player integration, just for better app and firmware support / updates.

As far as the Opo players, they do indeed look like nice players, even though I don't own one.As I said I've been happy with the X800 it meets the needs perfectly, and my Sony TV only supports HDR 10, and HLG , not Dolby Vision. Although after having the TV since 2016, and the player since 2017, I really don't put much stock on 4k or HDR right now since most of my content is still HD, or SD. I was mainly asking about long term support because Blu-ray players as a whole, aren't known to have good long term support before the next model is released.

Is sony going to release a 2018 model of the UBX800, and what about the 1000ES, are there any big differences between the two? (other then the price).

By the way, originally had bought an XBox Ones S and decided I didn't want a full game console, so that's how I found out about getting store credit from the extended protection plan from Best Buy. I got the X800 and an extended plan for it with what I got back for the Xbox.

I have a Sony BDP-S6700 as well on my 1080p only setup and it's been a very solid player.

I think, my biggest challenge is, I just don't have enough 4k / HDR content out of what I watch currently, and with all the standards, and streaming not always playing nice, it's made me question if I should have stayed with HD for a couple more years, since i'm perfectly happy with it.

I mainly got into 4k / HDR because i had some extra money at the time, and I wanted to see how practical it was from a professional prospective to invest in yet, or if HD was still the mainstream standard that most people still have when it comes to content creation, and what people have access to.

I think, for now, after trying the tech for about a year watching the general population, I have to say HD is still mainstream.
post #7697 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Quote:
Who knows??????????
Seems I'm in the same boat ! Everything works on my X800 except YouTube which is the app I use the most .... I get no error message just the YouTube logo as if it trying to load and it sits there like that , never loading. factory reset(s) did nothing . killing me quietly lol
Sharp1080 likes this.

Project Classic SB, Sumiko Amythest, Project DS Tube
Yamaha RX-A3050
Sony X800, Xbox one, HTPC
Sony 930 E
SVS Ultra Towers, SVS SB200, Polk center (need to replace), Paridigm studio 60v3
post #7698 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 06:46 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9309 Post(s)
Liked: 5996
Quote:
Who knows??????????
Just get something like a Roku Streaming Stick +. I got one for only $50 last year. And it runs circles around the apps that my x800 has. And it can also play many of my 120mbos+ bitrate local UHD videos. Which the x800 cannot play over it's wired connection since it too slow. Although the x800 can play them over it's wireless connection too.

But with the low bitrate UHD streaming services, the Roku has access to more than the x800 and can play them just as easily as the x800. And can aslo get DD+ from Netflix. While Sony continues to send DD from Netflix for some reason. While sending DD+ from other apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7(16GB) using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #7699 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
@brireeves629 and @Tornado Red : Thank you for the feedback. Just wanted to clarify a couple things I use streaming apps, but have always been recommended a dedicated streamer over smart TV or blu-ray player integration, just for better app and firmware support / updates.

As far as the Opo players, they do indeed look like nice players, even though I don't own one.As I said I've been happy with the X800 it meets the needs perfectly, and my Sony TV only supports HDR 10, and HLG , not Dolby Vision. Although after having the TV since 2016, and the player since 2017, I really don't put much stock on 4k or HDR right now since most of my content is still HD, or SD. I was mainly asking about long term support because Blu-ray players as a whole, aren't known to have good long term support before the next model is released.

Is sony going to release a 2018 model of the UBX800, and what about the 1000ES, are there any big differences between the two? (other then the price).

By the way, originally had bought an XBox Ones S and decided I didn't want a full game console, so that's how I found out about getting store credit from the extended protection plan from Best Buy. I got the X800 and an extended plan for it with what I got back for the Xbox.

I have a Sony BDP-S6700 as well on my 1080p only setup and it's been a very solid player.

I think, my biggest challenge is, I just don't have enough 4k / HDR content out of what I watch currently, and with all the standards, and streaming not always playing nice, it's made me question if I should have stayed with HD for a couple more years, since i'm perfectly happy with it.

I mainly got into 4k / HDR because i had some extra money at the time, and I wanted to see how practical it was from a professional prospective to invest in yet, or if HD was still the mainstream standard that most people still have when it comes to content creation, and what people have access to.

I think, for now, after trying the tech for about a year watching the general population, I have to say HD is still mainstream.
This may be true for players in general, and I can't speak to long term for any of the Sony models one way or the other. But it's not true of Oppo, take a look at some of their older player threads here on AVS and you'll see long term support.
post #7700 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsider View Post
Seems I'm in the same boat ! Everything works on my X800 except YouTube which is the app I use the most .... I get no error message just the YouTube logo as if it trying to load and it sits there like that , never loading. factory reset(s) did nothing . killing me quietly lol
I just tried the YouTube a few minutes ago and it was working fine. Because this player does HDR on YouTube was a big reason I got this player.

Sony 75xZ9D
Sony UBP-X800 4K player
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
post #7701 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

How to get YOU TUBE back on our 800(if you have a problem)

Great news!
I said to myself let me try first on my 800 player:
Setup > Resetting > Initialize Personal Information
There are (2) choices to be found here:
(1) choice will RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS
and (1) choice will just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION
BEFORE I attempt the dreaded RE-setting of all my setttings BACK to FACTORY DEFAULT and re-entering all my settings (a pain!!!) I said let me choose to INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION first to see if that works to restore YOU TUBE on my 800
Because I believe all I had to do is get back to re-starting my YOU TUBE app with the code it gives you to sign on with my laptop to activate your YOU TUBE acct.
And it worked!
YOU TUBE is back on my 800 WITHOUT the dreaded re-setting of all my settings/restoring it to FACTORY DEFAULTS.
All my settings remained and YOU TUBE is back!!! (and that includes YOU TUBE videos in 4K and HDR on such YOU TUBE channels as "The HDR Channel" and "Future,etc")
The only thing I noticed I have the "older" YOU TUBE version (I had a newer YOU TUBE version that I was just getting familiar with when this dreaded fiasco appeared this week)...now I have YOU TUBE back but the "earlier" version.
whotony and Bodyslide like this.

Last edited by aflorida; 03-31-2018 at 11:21 AM.
post #7702 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great news!
I said to myself let me try first on my 800 player:
Setup > Resetting > Initialize Personal Information
There are (2) choices to be found here:
(1) choice will RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS
and (1) choice will just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION
BEFORE I attempt the dreaded RE-setting of all my setttings BACK to FACTORY DEFAULT and re-entering all my settings (a pain!!!) I said let me choose to INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION first to see if that works to restore YOU TUBE on my 800
Because I believe all I had to do is get back to re-starting my YOU TUBE app with the code it gives you to sign on with my laptop to activate your YOU TUBE acct.
And it worked!
YOU TUBE is back on my 800 WITHOUT the dreaded re-setting of all my settings/restoring it to FACTORY DEFAULTS.
All my settings remained and YOU TUBE is back!!!
The only thing I noticed I have the "older" YOU TUBE version (I had a newer YOU TUBE version that I was just getting familiar with when this dreaded fiasco appeared this week)...now I have YOU TUBE back but the "earlier" version.

I am going to wait and see if the glitch is resolved. I want to avoid what has happened to you. I have other access to YouTube. It appears you now have the previous version of YouTube which I do not want. The current version was great especially with the UHD HDR videos. Maybe it is time for an external device as others have suggested.
post #7703 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I am going to wait and see if the glitch is resolved. I want to avoid what has happened to you. I have other access to YouTube. It appears you now have the previous version of YouTube which I do not want. The current version was great especially with the UHD HDR videos. Maybe it is time for an external device as others have suggested.
I STILL have 4K with HDR videos!!!!!...that never changed!!!!....I tested with my favorite YOU TUBE channels in 4K/HDR:
both "The HDR Channel" and a new channel I came across called "Future,etc." and the 4k/HDR videos are indeed in 4K+HDR. No change there.!!! Checked while watching the 4k/HDR videos under STATS for NERDS and it comes in as HDR:vp9.2 as the Codec and Color: bt2020 and I also checked my SONY 930E TV and it indeed went straight into the HDR mode.
The only change is the way YOU TUBE appears in general. Its the older version that I had. The newer version just appeared a few weeks ago. Now its back to an older version(older I mean just the version I always had from several weeks ago before it "recently" changed to a newer version--but BOTH YOU TUBE version(s) still give you HDR ---you dont have to worry about losing HDR at all!!!).
But no worries...HDR is still there...and very happy I did the re-set to finally get my YOU TUBE app back on my 800. (to be truthful this method to get my YOU TUBE back on my 800 was suggested by a member on the SONY 700 thread who was having the same problem not getting YOU TUBE on the 700 but all other apps were working on the 700. Same as me. He suggested this method to restore my YOU TUBE app on my 800 and it worked for me and worked for him and others reported the same). And it is YOU TUBE with 4K videos in HDR!!!!
Sharp1080 likes this.

Last edited by aflorida; 03-31-2018 at 09:59 AM.
post #7704 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetfieldjames View Post
If anyone wants to see something HDR wise that will almost make you faint go to the YouTube app and search "Samsung wonderland two". Prepare yourself, brace yourself because you might fall. Yeah it looks that good.

Upon your recommendation I just searched on YOU TUBE the 4k with HDR title "SAMSUNG WONDERLAND TWO"and it indeed looked astonishing...even tho it is without any music or dialogue...the silence bugged me but the visuals in 4K with HDR was breathtaking. I have found several very good 4K with HDR videos on YOU TUBE ...check out the YOU TUBE Channels (if you already have not done so) titled "The HDR Channel" and a new one I just came across titled "Future,etc".
****The only thing I noticed on these channels just because a video you choose says it is in 4K with HDR it may not be actually in HDR. I always check while watching a 4K video in HDR :
"STATS FOR NERDS" to see if it is indeed coming in as vp 9.2 as the CODEC and bt2020 as the COLOR and ofcause check my SONY 930E TV to see if it switches to HDR mode.****

Last edited by aflorida; 03-31-2018 at 10:21 AM.
post #7705 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Upon your recommendation I just searched on YOU TUBE the 4k with HDR title "SAMSUNG WONDERLAND TWO"and it indeed looked astonishing...even tho it is without any music or dialogue...the silence bugged me but the visuals in 4K with HDR was breathtaking. I have found several very good 4K with HDR videos on YOU TUBE ...check out the YOU TUBE Channels (if you already have not done so) titled "The HDR Channel" and a new one I just came across tilted "Future,etc".
****The only thing I noticed on these channels just because a video you choose says it is in 4K with HDR it may not be actually in HDR. I always check while watching a 4K video in HDR "STATS FOR NERDS" to see if it is indeed coming in as vp 9.2 and 2020 is the codec and ofcause check my SONY 930E TV to see if it switches to HDR mode.****
Oh thanks for confirming no sound I thought it was just my setup or something. Yeah not everything that says 4k HDR is actually in HDR. You can tell right away if it's HDR though. When you see it you know it. Also yeah the HDR channel is pretty amazing. The new one with the space walk even though not super colorful looks amazing. The deep blacks and white of the astronaut suit and silver of whatever he is working on is spectacular.

aflorida likes this.
post #7706 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Youtube has also stopped working on my player as of a few days ago.

I get Error 400 "Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That's all we know"

TV: Sony KD55XD9305, AV Receiver: Denon AVR-X4300H, Speakers/Sub: Tannoy Mercury V4i / v1i (Rear) + Tannoy Mercury VCi (Center), SVS PB-1000 (Sub), ELAC Dolby Atmos Speakers Front+Rear 4K Blu-ray: Sony UBP-X800
post #7707 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I've never had the latest Youtube interface on my Sony X800, if you mean the one like the ROKU youtube app has, or the one for Android TV. I have a Sony XBR-43X800D that does HDR10, and HLG, and the built in Android Youtube App has NEVER switched to HDR even the last time I tried it which was a few weeks back. It does the 360 videos though.

One other thing to note, unlike many here to my knowledge, I never lost Youtube functionality on my unit.
post #7708 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaim View Post
Youtube has also stopped working on my player as of a few days ago.

I get Error 400 "Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That's all we know"
See my post a few posts back (POST #7702 ) on How to re-install the YOU TUBE app back to your 800.
I among other members here and on the SONY 700 thread were having the same issue/same GOOGLE 400 error message which we now have fixed and all is well. YOU TUBE on the 800 is back in all it's glory(and that includes 4K videos in HDR on several YOU TUBE channels such as " The HDR channel" and "Future,etc").

Last edited by aflorida; 03-31-2018 at 12:01 PM.
post #7709 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damanedmonds View Post
Guys, I'm at my wit's end with this player.

The player works just fine; but when I turn 4K upscale on or switch the fixed resolution to 4K, the picture actually gets worse and I lose detail.

So I've tried switching the resolution to auto or original and turning off the 4K upscale. I get better picture quality, but now the A/V sync is off.

I have it hooked up HDMI 1 to my Samsung UN55JU7100 4K tv. Then, I used HDMI 2 for audio to my A/V receiver. Which is a Samsung HT-H7730.

I really don't know what to do guys. It's either so-so picture quality and spot on sound or great picture quality and have the a/v sync off.
Can anybody help or have any ideas. Thanks again
post #7710 of 9845 Old 03-31-2018, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Also worth mentioning, I shouldn’t have better picture quality with a regular Sony blu-ray player than a 4K Sony blu-ray player. Which is exactly my situation now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4kupscale , 5040 , dsf , Epson , problem , Sony , sony ubp-x800 , streaming music , surround decode , ubp-ux80 , ubp-x1000es , x800

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page