OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 259 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25416Likes

post #7741 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2752 Post(s)
Liked: 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratogustav View Post
It is actually normal if it looks worse. You are stretching a 1080p image. Unless you have a small TV in which case at a distance you shouldn't notice much.
Naw, see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanedmonds View Post
But here’s the thing, it’s a 1080p image upscaled to 4K by my tv in one setting and it looks fine.

The other way is being upscaled to 4K by the X800, and it looks worse; blurry and not as crisp.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanedmonds View Post
Well I bought a Philips 7502. I’m going to see if that makes a difference. Like I said, I’m getting A/V sync issues when I set it to original resolution.
A/V sync may be a symptom of something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe video processing in a receiver? If the Philips looks similar to the TV (which it should, as should the Sony) then it appears settings in the Sony need to be adjusted OR the Sony is reacting weirdly to something downstream like the Receiver or TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralarcon View Post
The upscaler that the TV was built with , is better for that particular TV. than anything built for the general market. What is not understandable about that ?
TV manufacturers use a simple cheap chip to get the job done, except in higher end TV's (eg, Sony OLED). It is quite possible for an external device to do even better if it is designed with that goal in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacinMan View Post
When downmixing stereo audio, which would be better to use with a 5.1 system? surround, or stereo? To be honest, i've not heard much difference either way. I'm talking about stereo movies / music here as the test material.
I sent full 5.1 PCM to my TV and let it down mix to two channel PCM, for output to my two channel setup. I would guess that downmixing to stereo in the play would work just as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Naw, see:
For most 4K LED TVs it gets worse. All you have to do is compare it upclose with a 1080p TV. It makes sense because you are stretching the window. Like I said, some chipsets make a better job faking the streching so in those cases you won't notice the difference, specially if your TV isn't too big.
post #7743 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflorida View Post
Great news!
I said to myself let me try first on my 800 player:
Setup > Resetting > Initialize Personal Information
There are (2) choices to be found here:
(1) choice will RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS
and (1) choice will just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION
BEFORE I attempt the dreaded RE-setting of all my setttings BACK to FACTORY DEFAULT and re-entering all my settings (a pain!!!) I said let me choose to INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION first to see if that works to restore YOU TUBE on my 800
Because I believe all I had to do is get back to re-starting my YOU TUBE app with the code it gives you to sign on with my laptop to activate your YOU TUBE acct.
And it worked!
YOU TUBE is back on my 800 WITHOUT the dreaded re-setting of all my settings/restoring it to FACTORY DEFAULTS.
All my settings remained and YOU TUBE is back!!! (and that includes YOU TUBE videos in 4K and HDR on such YOU TUBE channels as "The HDR Channel" and "Future,etc")
The only thing I noticed I have the "older" YOU TUBE version (I had a newer YOU TUBE version that I was just getting familiar with when this dreaded fiasco appeared this week)...now I have YOU TUBE back but the "earlier" version.
Thanks.Your easy fix worked for me also.Youtube not working (Ireland)for last three days but all ok again.👍😊
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7744 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 104
On the topic of upscaling, maybe it is just me, but to my eyes the Sony handles the DVD upscaling amazingly well. The animated content I watch looks a lot better via the X800 than it does using the Philips 7302, my PS3 or any other I have ever used for playback. There is less noise, as in animated content it is easy to see when there is noise because there can be large areas of one color.
nathan_h likes this.
post #7745 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
For most 4K LED TVs it gets worse. All you have to do is compare it upclose with a 1080p TV. It makes sense because you are stretching the window. Like I said, some chipsets make a better job faking the streching so in those cases you won't notice the difference, specially if your TV isn't too big.
I'll take your word for it. I have't seen most 4k LCD TV's.

I don't know what you mean by "stretching" but I assume you mean "scaling" from 1080p to 2160p. I don't use any stretch modes at all, and agree that all stretch modes I have seen are pretty annoying.

For the handful of setups I have seen, the difference in scaling in the TV versus in the source is imperceptible to most people, including me. This is because, either way, a 1080p source has to be scaled to 2160p. This can happen in the TV (1080p source -> TV -> TV converts to 2160p for display) or in the source (1080p source, converted to 2160p -> sent to TV as 2160p).

In other words, there is usually no difference between scaling in the TV versus scaling in the source on the handful of 4k TV's I have seen from Vizio and LG, using ATV4k, Oppo 203, and Sony x800 as the source.

(I'm talking about 1080p sources. I have seen differences in how they handle 480i sources getting converted to 2160p, and agree that few TV's do as well at scaling 480i DVD content to 2160p as either the Oppo or the Sony players.)

And yes, for native 1080p content I find a 1080p set can be ideal in terms of no scaling artifacts. But the OP was asking about 1080p content unconverted to a 2160p display, and why the display did worse than the player in his setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonMasterTim View Post
On the topic of upscaling, maybe it is just me, but to my eyes the Sony handles the DVD upscaling amazingly well. The animated content I watch looks a lot better via the X800 than it does using the Philips 7302, my PS3 or any other I have ever used for playback. There is less noise, as in animated content it is easy to see when there is noise because there can be large areas of one color.
Yep, your eyes are not deceiving you, imo. See my comments above.

Last edited by nathan_h; 04-02-2018 at 12:26 PM.
post #7746 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Is there anyone here who uses a BDP-S6700 as a standard blu-ray player in addition to the X800? I was just curious if that player got the new YouTube interface For me, I sitll see the older one.
I'm asking here because I have both players and the dedicated thread to the BDP-S6700 is pretty much dead except for a response once and a while. Plus the players are so similar other then the native 4k playback I figured someone here would also be familiar with it. Thanks
post #7747 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
I'll take your word for it. I have't seen most 4k LCD TV's.

I don't know what you mean by "stretching" but I assume you mean "scaling" from 1080p to 2160p. I don't use any stretch modes at all, and agree that all stretch modes I have seen are pretty annoying.

For the handful of setups I have seen, the difference in scaling in the TV versus in the source is imperceptible to most people, including me. This is because, either way, a 1080p source has to be scaled to 2160p. This can happen in the TV (1080p source -> TV -> TV converts to 2160p for display) or in the source (1080p source, converted to 2160p -> sent to TV as 2160p).

In other words, there is usually no difference between scaling in the TV versus scaling in the source on the handful of 4k TV's I have seen from Vizio and LG, using ATV4k, Oppo 203, and Sony x800 as the source.

(I'm talking about 1080p sources. I have seen differences in how they handle 480i sources getting converted to 2160p, and agree that few TV's do as well at scaling 480i DVD content to 2160p as either the Oppo or the Sony players.)

And yes, for native 1080p content I find a 1080p set can be ideal in terms of no scaling artifacts. But the OP was asking about 1080p content unconverted to a 2160p display, and why the display did worse than the player in his setup.

Yep, your eyes are not deceiving you, imo. See my comments above.
An easy way to tell is stream Netflix on your 1080p display, and on your 4K display at the same time. Preferably cartoons, now if you look at the black lines, they would look less sharp on the 4K display. You can pause it too on the same frame.

If you don't want to rely on your streaming bandwith and you have a multi hdmi splitter you can do the same experiment with stuff that is already on your hard drive through your Blu-Ray, and you'll get the same results.

So far the best "upscaler" I have seen is the X1 Extreme on Sony TVs, but even there you can still notice the "stretching" the process of upscaling does, no matter how smart your chipset wants to be about it saturating certain areas. 1080p is 1080p and you cannot make it look like native 4K. It is what it is. Even a remaster with antialiasing won't give you the same results as straight up remake or reshoot on a higher resolution.

On smaller TVs you cannot tell the difference that much, specially at a distance, but once you use bigger TVs or large projection, there is simply no way around it.
post #7748 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
A/V sync may be a symptom of something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe video processing in a receiver? If the Philips looks similar to the TV (which it should, as should the Sony) then it appears settings in the Sony need to be adjusted OR the Sony is reacting weirdly to something downstream like the Receiver or TV.
Thanks for them response. I’m hooking the player up directly to the tv; its Samsung UN55JU7100 4K tv (which recently got a firmware update for HDR). Then another HDMI cable to the av receiver through the HDMI audio port. I’m really think some kind of DNR is on with the X800. I noticed there’s an option to turn the DNR off with the Philips. There’s no option for the X800. But I’ve been told that’s why there’s a DIRECT setting under video options.
post #7749 of 9901 Old 04-02-2018, 06:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yep. I see it on my own devices.

The OP was asking about a 4K tv and whether he should upscale in the tv or in the player.

He want not using a 1080p display.

Quote:
An easy way to tell is stream Netflix on your 1080p display, and on your 4K display at the same time. Preferably cartoons, now if you look at the black lines, they would look less sharp on the 4K display. You can pause it too on the same frame.

If you don't want to rely on your streaming bandwith and you have a multi hdmi splitter you can do the same experiment with stuff that is already on your hard drive through your Blu-Ray, and you'll get the same results.

So far the best "upscaler" I have seen is the X1 Extreme on Sony TVs, but even there you can still notice the "stretching" the process of upscaling does, no matter how smart your chipset wants to be about it saturating certain areas. 1080p is 1080p and you cannot make it look like native 4K. It is what it is. Even a remaster with antialiasing won't give you the same results as straight up remake or reshoot on a higher resolution.

On smaller TVs you cannot tell the difference that much, specially at a distance, but once you use bigger TVs or large projection, there is simply no way around it.
post #7750 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Unhappy Oppo no more!

It appears that Oppo has stopped production of their players, but will continue support. I don't have the link, but I'm sure you can find it. Sorry to see, but streaming is taking over it appears.
post #7751 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked: 4552
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldprof View Post
It appears that Oppo has stopped production of their players, but will continue support. I don't have the link, but I'm sure you can find it. Sorry to see, but streaming is taking over it appears.

You are parroting the same stuff social media has. It has nothing to do with streaming. UHD disc sales have been strong, studios have said so. The reason is more likely that oppo is not a big brand. They are small and don’t produce volume selling products. They really only sell over the internet through word of mouth. Building them to the standard they did and not selling volume hurts. They didn’t have diverse product lines like other manufacturers.

Also Panasonic appears to still want to release high end players so it’s not like there will be no options.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #7752 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
You are parroting the same stuff social media has. It has nothing to do with streaming. UHD disc sales have been strong, studios have said so. The reason is more likely that oppo is not a big brand. They are small and don’t produce volume selling products. They really only sell over the internet through word of mouth. Building them to the standard they did and not selling volume hurts. They didn’t have diverse product lines like other manufacturers.

Also Panasonic appears to still want to release high end players so it’s not like there will be no options.
Correct, this has very little to do with streaming taking over, and more to do with OPPO's business model. They are mainly a phone manufacturing company that delved into audio and blue ray decks. As opposed to a Sony or Panasonic, that also build TV's and other AV products.

Cheers
nathan_h likes this.

Last edited by Ralarcon; 04-03-2018 at 09:22 AM.
post #7753 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4255 Post(s)
Liked: 4552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralarcon View Post
Correct, this has very little to do with streaming taking over, and more to do with OPPO's business model. They are mainly a phone manufacturing company that delved into audio and blue ray decks. As opposed to a Sony or Panasonic, that also build TV's and other AV products.

Cheers
Their parent company BBK sells over 100,000,000 phones a year(last year almost 200mil), is the 3rd largest cell phone manufacturer in the world, and makes brands such as OnePlus. Pretty interesting stuff.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #7754 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflorida View Post
Great news!
I said to myself let me try first on my 800 player:
Setup > Resetting > Initialize Personal Information
There are (2) choices to be found here:
(1) choice will RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS
and (1) choice will just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION
BEFORE I attempt the dreaded RE-setting of all my setttings BACK to FACTORY DEFAULT and re-entering all my settings (a pain!!!) I said let me choose to INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION first to see if that works to restore YOU TUBE on my 800
Because I believe all I had to do is get back to re-starting my YOU TUBE app with the code it gives you to sign on with my laptop to activate your YOU TUBE acct.
And it worked!
YOU TUBE is back on my 800 WITHOUT the dreaded re-setting of all my settings/restoring it to FACTORY DEFAULTS.
All my settings remained and YOU TUBE is back!!! (and that includes YOU TUBE videos in 4K and HDR on such YOU TUBE channels as "The HDR Channel" and "Future,etc")
The only thing I noticed I have the "older" YOU TUBE version (I had a newer YOU TUBE version that I was just getting familiar with when this dreaded fiasco appeared this week)...now I have YOU TUBE back but the "earlier" version.
It's always something with this player! How many times have I thought about packing it up and taking it back to BB. Thanks for the quick fix!
aflorida likes this.
post #7755 of 9901 Old 04-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 2124
Please stick to this player. There is a separate thread for discussion of the Oppo.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #7756 of 9901 Old 04-04-2018, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
What's a good free program to convert video files to MKV?
MakeMKV

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
aaronwt likes this.
post #7757 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1733 Post(s)
Liked: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
Nope. The X800 came out in January 2017, while the X700 is new this year. The X700 gains Dolby Vision support through a promised future firmware upgrade, while it loses the DVD-Audio playback capability that the X800 has. I'm not sure if the X700 does 5GHz WiFi, either (someone else can answer that).

As for upscaling via the player versus display, every combo is different, so the only way to know which works better in your environment is to try it both ways. In my case, with the X800 and Vizio M70-D3 display, I cannot tell the difference between using the Sony or Vizio for upscaling 1080p content -- same with my Panasonic BD player. However, the X800 does a better job upscaling SD-DVD content than either the Vizio, the Panny BD player, or performing two upscales using my old Oppo 980H DVD player. So, in my case I just let the X800 upscale everything.
That's gone too...
post #7758 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Here is something weird I noticed, and maybe I am doing things wrong here but if I select 4k as resolution on the x800, when I hit display on the x800 remote a standard blu ray shows as 4k in the info. If I hit display on TV remote (LG OLED C6), it also shows 4k (technically it says 2160p). When I had resolution to "original" on x800, and 4k upscaling option on x800 to "auto 2" display button pressing on either TV or x800 showed 1080p playback, so neither one was upscaling? For now I have just kept the x800 resolution to 4k, which turns off the 4k upscaling options and set everything else back to auto (hdmi deep color, color space, and hdr)
post #7759 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Some people are suggesting this player as an alternative to Oppo's players, which are now out of production. I use my Oppo to stream digital music files from a PC on my home network, but it's not clear from the Sony manual if all of these filetypes can be streamed to this Sony model. SO...have you folks successfully streamed these filetypes over your home network:

WAV up to 24/192 resolution
FLAC up to 24/192 resolution
DSD64 stereo and multichannel

Also, will this Sony player allow playback of these filetypes from either a USB flash drive or a USD portable hard drive plugged into the player?

Thanks!

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #7760 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
Some people are suggesting this player as an alternative to Oppo's players, which are now out of production. I use my Oppo to stream digital music files from a PC on my home network, but it's not clear from the Sony manual if all of these filetypes can be streamed to this Sony model. SO...have you folks successfully streamed these filetypes over your home network:

WAV up to 24/192 resolution
FLAC up to 24/192 resolution
DSD64 stereo and multichannel

Also, will this Sony player allow playback of these filetypes from either a USB flash drive or a USD portable hard drive plugged into the player?

Thanks!
I believe you question is addressed on page 32 of the manual.
post #7761 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
I believe you question is addressed on page 32 of the manual.
The manual lists all of these file types, and each of them has a footnote saying that it may not play on a Home Network.

So I'm looking for a response from someone who owns one of these players and has tried to stream these files over a home wifi network.

Denon x4400h, Samsung LED 1080p TV, B&W 704 mains, two M&K subwoofers, Oppo 103, Roku 2, Darbeevision, etc.
Headphone system: Focal Clear, Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702, Hifiman HE-400i, Marantz HD-DAC1, Denon DVD-3910
post #7762 of 9901 Old 04-05-2018, 11:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarach View Post
The manual lists all of these file types, and each of them has a footnote saying that it may not play on a Home Network.

So I'm looking for a response from someone who owns one of these players and has tried to stream these files over a home wifi network.
Yes that pesky word "may" makes the footnotes as clear as mud. If you can tell me where to get some test files I'll be happy to test. I don't have any of these types of files.
post #7763 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes that pesky word "may" makes the footnotes as clear as mud. If you can tell me where to get some test files I'll be happy to test. I don't have any of these types of files.
I appreciate your offer, but I'm hoping a forum member who's tried to play hi-res files will respond.

post #7764 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I play the DSD files (dsf) from an USB drive without issues.
Flac files I play through DLNA, I never got this working for the dsf files though.

Sony KD-65X8505C • Onkyo TX-RZ820 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i S:2070Si
Vero 4K (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield (2017) • Sony UBP-X800 • Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
post #7765 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theetjuh View Post
I play the DSD files (dsf) from an USB drive without issues.
Flac files I play through DLNA, I never got this working for the dsf files though.
This is my experience also. DSF files work best from USB drive.

Display: Vizio M55D0
Sources: Roku Premiere+, Google Fiber TV, Denon DVD-2500BTCI, Sony UBP-X800, Toshiba HD-A35, Sony CDP-222ES
Audio: 7CH system, Denon AVR-2300W, NorthCreekMusic Rhythm L/R/C, Paradigm dipole surrounds, NCM back surrounds
post #7766 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Hello folks --- has anyone viewed the 4K UHD disc of Star Wars: The Last Jedi through their UBP-X800? The epic lightsaber battle in Snoke's chambers is littered with unstable reds, and of course that sequence is awash in red. This seems exclusive to the 4K disc, as when I view the same sequence on the standard Blu-ray, the reds are much more stable. My TV is a Samsung JS9500. Any thoughts on whether the tv/player settings need to be tweaked? (I noticed similar 4k UHD instability in the whites in the opening moments of Blade Runner 2049 when K is outside his spinner at Saper's farm, but it's brief. In Jedi, it dominates the sequence.)
post #7767 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie S View Post
Hello folks --- has anyone viewed the 4K UHD disc of Star Wars: The Last Jedi through their UBP-X800? The epic lightsaber battle in Snoke's chambers is littered with unstable reds, and of course that sequence is awash in red. This seems exclusive to the 4K disc, as when I view the same sequence on the standard Blu-ray, the reds are much more stable. My TV is a Samsung JS9500. Any thoughts on whether the tv/player settings need to be tweaked? (I noticed similar 4k UHD instability in the whites in the opening moments of Blade Runner 2049 when K is outside his spinner at Saper's farm, but it's brief. In Jedi, it dominates the sequence.)
What do you mean by "instability" are you talking about banding, macro blocking, pixellation, saturation, or bleeding issues? I don't have a copy of The Last Jedi (yet) but I do own Blade Runner and on my Sony X900E I do not see any problem what-so-ever in the scene at Sapper's farm. All my X800 settings are on AUTO and my TV is a different animal than yours. One consideration is your HDMI cables. Make sure they are certified for 18Gb/s
post #7768 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
I just watched The Last Jedi (I had pre-ordered it and received four days early!) and it played flawlessly. You might have a defective disc.
I can't speak for everyone but I can say almost without ANY doubt, it is not a disc problem that causes the lock up. I have had one of these player for close to a year, and the lockups I have experienced have all been random. New discs old discs, I don't do streaming, doesn't matter, dvd, blu ray, uhd, it has frozen on ALL of them. I have had it freeze in different places on the same movie on different viewings. As far as I can tell there is no rhyme or reason to why it freezes when it does. I think it just gives up mid playback and locks up. I have returned it 2 times, not only for the locking up but also because the second HDMI audio only out stopped working or would never work at all.
WynsWrld98 likes this.
post #7769 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 11:45 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 9545 Post(s)
Liked: 6231
I watched the last Jedi, thor ragnarock and half of the mad max movie last night. My x800 played them all without any issues.

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
PJL99 and Oldways7 like this.

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #7770 of 9901 Old 04-06-2018, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Anyone getting DD+ from Netflix?
Oldways7 likes this.

Legacy Audio Silhouette Pro L/C/R
DefTech ProCinema 1000 SL/SR
DefTech Supercube III
Denon AVR790
Oppo PM-3
GIK bass traps and absorption
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4kupscale , 5040 , dsf , Epson , problem , Sony , sony ubp-x800 , streaming music , surround decode , ubp-ux80 , ubp-x1000es , x800

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page