OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 261 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25396Likes

post #7801 of 9849 Old 04-08-2018, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Pjl99 - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Are you using other than Chrome or an Android device for the web authorization? It would only work on Chrome for me.
That was it. Worked great.
You saved me 3 hours on the phone with Sony tomorrow without
getting anything accomplished!

Thanks again,

Eneg
fhschellenberg likes this.

LG G6
Sony UBP-X800
Yamaha RX-V665 Receiver
Sony 5520 Turntable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 9849 Old 04-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneg View Post
I have the X800. My warranty is up April 18th.
I had the same trouble with Youtube as everyone else.
I reset the player. All settings.
Now, I can get Youtube, but I can't sign in.
I've tried everything. Amazon went right through.
I do get the code to enter in my computer, but it doesn't take.
I need to know if anybody out there in Bluray land can sign
in to Youtube with this player, or do I have to call Sony.
I have until sometime next week to resolve this.

Any help will be appreciated.....
If you have been having ongoing issues, call Sony customer support and demand a replacement ASAP before your factory warranty runs out. Otherwise your up the creek without a paddle.

The same advice goes for anyone else on this thread that has been experiencing ongoing issues: Demand a replacement because this is totally unacceptable. Sony UBP-X800 boards are full, pages and pages of owners experiencing the exact same issues.

Unlike ONKYO who acted honorably and openly confirmed their HDMI board issue and extended their warranty repair and replacement option for effected owners through 2018, don't expect Sony to EVER PUBLICLY own up to a defect or do anything about it. Prime example:

Sony never has regarding their known, overwhelmingly documented and proven Sony projector panel degradation issues across all of their PJ models for almost a decade.

They "may" or may not have finally fixed the problem who knows (Sony has never, ever publically acknowledged "the problem" even exists), but they will never admit it. Hence thousands upon thousands of Sony 1080p, and 4K PJ owners (we'ev owned two high end Sony PJ's), some having paid over $25, 000 are stuck with defective PJ's that don't perform to spec, have in cases turned to useless bricks, or are impossible to sell unless they are literally giving them away. Don't let that synario be yours; hold Sony accountable.

It pains me to say this, I owned a Sony 590S Blu-ray player that worked flawlessly for almost 5 years... never froze or locked up once. The drive worked flawlessly to the point that one of our sons now has it. I expected the same build quality and reliability when I upgraded to the Sony UBP-X800 4K. Sadly, like so many here that has not been the case.

I literally had to return the first one to the store three days after purchase. I won't tell you how many I have had to exchange since for the exact same issues! Like I said; the situation is totally unacceptable.
post #7803 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 05:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneg View Post
I have the X800. My warranty is up April 18th.
I had the same trouble with Youtube as everyone else.
I reset the player. All settings.
Now, I can get Youtube, but I can't sign in.
I've tried everything. Amazon went right through.
I do get the code to enter in my computer, but it doesn't take.
I need to know if anybody out there in Bluray land can sign
in to Youtube with this player, or do I have to call Sony.
I have until sometime next week to resolve this.

Any help will be appreciated.....

I had the same problem when entering the code on my computer to sign in, so I tried doing it on my Samsung Galaxy 8 smart phone and it worked, So give that a try.

Sony 75xZ9D
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp

Last edited by mt14942; 04-09-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7804 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticos View Post
You don't have to turn off the power. Just press the blue HOME button on the remote. What I did to correct the YouTube app not working was reset my X800 to factory default. But before that - I went into each setting (screen, audio, bluetooth settings, etc.) and took a pic of each screen. This made it easy to record my desired settings - and worked like a charm.

Someone on here said they simply chose the other option in the RESETTING menu - Initialize Personal Information - and then entered the passwords to the apps again.

This should get you back on YouTube.

Good luck.
The home button wasn't doing anything. I tried every button on the remote. Power down was the only was out.

Got it working after I did the reset. Thanks.
post #7805 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aflorida View Post
Since some people don't go back and read earlier posts......
I have re-posted my earlier post that has helped many members restoring YOU TUBE to their players:

Great news!
I said to myself let me first try on my 800 player:
Setup > Resetting > Initialize Personal Information
There are (2) choices to be found here:
(1) choice will RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS
and (1) choice will just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION
BEFORE I attempt the dreaded RE-setting of all my setttings BACK to FACTORY DEFAULT and re-entering all my settings (a pain!!!) I said to myself let me choose first to just INITIALIZE PERSONAL INFORMATION first to see if that works to restore YOU TUBE on my 800
Because I believe all I had to do is get back to re-starting my YOU TUBE app with the code it gives you to sign on with my laptop to activate your YOU TUBE acct.
And it worked!
YOU TUBE is back on my 800 WITHOUT the dreaded re-setting of all my settings/restoring it to FACTORY DEFAULTS.
All my settings remained and YOU TUBE is back!!! (and that includes YOU TUBE videos in 4K and HDR on such YOU TUBE channels as "The HDR Channel" and "Future,etc")
The only thing I noticed I have the "older" YOU TUBE version (I had a newer YOU TUBE version that I was just getting familiar with when this dreaded fiasco appeared this week)...now I have YOU TUBE back but the "earlier" version.
Well pardon me for not remembering EVERYTHING in this forum.

In my defense I did read your post and thought it was regarding authentication issue not a complete lock-up of the unit.

Thank you for posting this. Next time I will follow your procedure.
aflorida and Theetjuh like this.

Last edited by Todd Scott; 04-09-2018 at 07:40 AM.
post #7806 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 07:19 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 23
UBP-X800 no longer freezes

I believe I have finally "resolved" my freezing issues. I was one of those whose x800 was freezing quite a bit. On nearly every blu ray or UHD disc, the player would freeze once and sometimes twice. I would have to unplug it and plug it back in. I could never get through an entire movie without one freeze. I tried some of the things suggested here such as turning off auto on and disabling certain features. None of that had ever worked for me. One post I had read somewhere was about someone disconnecting from the internet.

About a month ago I decided to unplug my wired connection to the internet. I never enabled wi-fi. From that point on I have not had one movie freeze. I tried a couple movies that had frozen before and they played all the way through. Recently I played the UHD versions of Dunkirk and the Last Jedi and they did not freeze. I'm just wondering if something in the firmware causes issues if the player is connected to the internet.

I know that if disconnecting from the internet is a solution, many will not find that acceptable but it could provide some hope for a future firmware update. I use my tvs apps for streaming so for me, not using apps on the player is ok for now. I'm wondering if anyone else could try disconnecting from the internet and see if that solves their issue. If I do get any freezes in the future, I will definitely post an update, but I am happy to be able to watch movies with having to get up and unplug the player in the middle of a movie.
post #7807 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven98 View Post
I believe I have finally "resolved" my freezing issues. I was one of those whose x800 was freezing quite a bit. On nearly every blu ray or UHD disc, the player would freeze once and sometimes twice. I would have to unplug it and plug it back in. I could never get through an entire movie without one freeze. I tried some of the things suggested here such as turning off auto on and disabling certain features. None of that had ever worked for me. One post I had read somewhere was about someone disconnecting from the internet.

About a month ago I decided to unplug my wired connection to the internet. I never enabled wi-fi. From that point on I have not had one movie freeze. I tried a couple movies that had frozen before and they played all the way through. Recently I played the UHD versions of Dunkirk and the Last Jedi and they did not freeze. I'm just wondering if something in the firmware causes issues if the player is connected to the internet.

I know that if disconnecting from the internet is a solution, many will not find that acceptable but it could provide some hope for a future firmware update. I use my tvs apps for streaming so for me, not using apps on the player is ok for now. I'm wondering if anyone else could try disconnecting from the internet and see if that solves their issue. If I do get any freezes in the future, I will definitely post an update, but I am happy to be able to watch movies with having to get up and unplug the player in the middle of a movie.
How long have you been running your X800 "off-the-net" ?
It could very well be the unit is being distracted by data packets, calling home for updates, etc.
I could certainly run mine without the network. I live in Canada and there are really only 2 useful apps on the X800 here. Netflix and Youtube. Both of which I already have on my TV. Everything else is just an absolute pile of sh*t. Everytime I use my X800 I am reminded of this. I don't need to have a bollywood app front and center on my player thank you very much! I can't even delete this junk! Sorry... venting.

Last edited by Todd Scott; 04-09-2018 at 08:14 AM.
post #7808 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 565 Post(s)
Liked: 512
I got my x800 last Friday and played a few Blu rays on it over the weekend and I am happy to report zero issues. No lockups, no freezing ect. It plays movies flawlessly. One owner told me if it freezes turn off the Quick start up feature and it will solve the issue. Well Ive never used that feature anyway so it's off. But my overall view of the x800 is its a well built player and so far it does one heck of a job. I love it.
post #7809 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 08:17 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6006
Quote:

If it were a firmware issue wouldn't it affect more people? Mine has been working great. And I use Quickstart mode too. I only had around three freezes since I got my X800 in March 2017. But I think the last time I had a freeze was when I was using both HDMi outputs. But I switched to only using one HDMI output for both audio and video back in July.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #7810 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Interesting commentary about SACD playback

I discovered something very interesting about playing SACD discs on the X800.

I'm using both outputs from the X800 with HDMI 1 for video going directly to my XBR-65X930E and HDMI 2 for audio going to my aging Yamaha RX-A3000 receiver.

When I play an SACD with the TV off the receiver display shows "PCM" and I get occasional dropouts in the music.

When I play the same SACD with the TV on and switched to the X800 input the display on the receiver shows "DSD" and I get no dropouts.

Digital audio output is set to Auto.

DSD output mode is set to Auto.

BD Audio Mix is set to Off

HDMI Audio Output is set to HDMI2.

Is this normal behavior or is there a bad setting somewhere?
post #7811 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:

Along those lines... it has always been suggested to make sure that the BD Internet Connection menu option is set to Do Not Allow, but I believe the default should already be that? In addition, making sure that Control for HDMI is turned OFF... as this may be defaulted to ON. These 2 items have always been known to possibly cause weird issues.
post #7812 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Scott View Post
How long have you been running your X800 "off-the-net" ?
It could very well be the unit is being distracted by data packets, calling home for updates, etc.
I could certainly run mine without the network. I live in Canada and there are really only 2 useful apps on the X800 here. Netflix and Youtube. Both of which I already have on my TV. Everything else is just an absolute pile of sh*t. Everytime I use my X800 I am reminded of this. I don't need to have a bollywood app front and center on my player thank you very much! I can't even delete this junk! Sorry... venting.

I've been disconnected from the net for about a month. I went from having a lock up on almost every disc played to no lock ups. I wanted to give sufficient time to pass before posting here just to be sure that the issue was resolved. We'll see if this lasts.

One of the things that I've been wondering about is when some people have no issues at all, but then there are those who have replaced the player multiple times and keep having the issue. That led me to believe that the drive and laser isn't at fault and it's something else. Also, some people have trouble connecting to the Sony servers when updating and others don't.

What would be interesting to find out is if several people here disconnected completely from the network and tried problem discs again or just tried to go a week or so disconnected then post back here to see if the issue is resolved. If it is resolved, then that helps a lot of people. FYI, I have left the Quick Start on this during this past month.
post #7813 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It appears that the Youtube app is broken and the only way to correct is a factory reset.

https://productforums.google.com/for...be/ngqH7Ue5Hqw

You do not have to factory reset whole device, initializing personal information is enough.

4KTV: Sony 65 930E Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX101 7.2 Channel ATMOS/DTS-X Speakers: JAMO S 807(2) Fronts, Andrew Jones SP-FS52 (2) Rears, Center:SP-C22, Klipsch R-14SA Atmos Subwoofer: SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer 4K Player and Misc: Panasonic UB-820, Sony X700, Sony X800, Samsung UBD-K8500, Comcast Arris AX014ANM and Extreme 150 Internet and PS4 (6TB Edition)

Last edited by Bodyslide; 04-10-2018 at 04:42 AM.
post #7814 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /for...be/ngqH7Ue5Hqw was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
post #7815 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /for...be/ngqH7Ue5Hqw was not found on this server. That’s all we know.
It shows up for me fine in Chrome:

You do not have to factory reset whole device, initializing personal information is enough.

4KTV: Sony 65 930E Receiver: Pioneer VSX-LX101 7.2 Channel ATMOS/DTS-X Speakers: JAMO S 807(2) Fronts, Andrew Jones SP-FS52 (2) Rears, Center:SP-C22, Klipsch R-14SA Atmos Subwoofer: SVS PB-3000 Subwoofer 4K Player and Misc: Panasonic UB-820, Sony X700, Sony X800, Samsung UBD-K8500, Comcast Arris AX014ANM and Extreme 150 Internet and PS4 (6TB Edition)

Last edited by Bodyslide; 04-10-2018 at 04:43 AM.
post #7816 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 174
After 3 freezes while trying to watch "The Last Jedi" in 4K over the weekend, and getting side eyed by my wife every time it froze, I finally had enough and called Sony again today. This time I demanded a replacement player and had to get pretty angry to get the person to agree. I told him to move me to his supervisor if he couldn't make that call and he put me on hold for a few minutes then said he would send me a replacement player "after" I sent them mine. I told him hell no, I'm not going without a player while waiting a couple of weeks...after putting me on hold again and hemming and hawwing he said "as a courtesy" he would send it to me and I could send the old one back but I had to give them a credit card number to assure I would send it back...LOL...I bitched and moaned but they weren't budging so I gave in.
I should have a replacement player probably next week...fingers crossed it is a better one than the one I have now...
Stay tuned...
nathan_h and BrianPK like this.

TV: Samsung 60KS8000, AVR: Marantz SR5011, Speakers: front/Paradigm Prestige 15B bookshelf, center/Paradigm Prestige 45C, surround/Paradigm Atom, sub/SVS SB3000, DVD: LG UBK 90 UHD DVD Player, Remote: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home
post #7817 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
After 3 freezes while trying to watch "The Last Jedi" in 4K over the weekend, and getting side eyed by my wife every time it froze, I finally had enough and called Sony again today. This time I demanded a replacement player and had to get pretty angry to get the person to agree. I told him to move me to his supervisor if he couldn't make that call and he put me on hold for a few minutes then said he would send me a replacement player "after" I sent them mine. I told him hell no, I'm not going without a player while waiting a couple of weeks...after putting me on hold again and hemming and hawwing he said "as a courtesy" he would send it to me and I could send the old one back but I had to give them a credit card number to assure I would send it back...LOL...I bitched and moaned but they weren't budging so I gave in.
I should have a replacement player probably next week...fingers crossed it is a better one than the one I have now...
Stay tuned...
Great work! Don't count on the new player being any better. I got a replacement and it has the same issues. I wish you luck though. We all need inundate Sony with replacement requests and maybe they'll resolve the issue.

Sound: Anthem MRX-1120. Triad Silver speakers with Atmos and SVS PB-2000 subwoofers in 5.2.2. Sony UBP-X800. Roku Ultra. Amazon Fire TV. Micca Speck G2. ViewTV AT-263.
Picture: Epson 6040UB. Seymour Enlightor 4K 140 inch screen. Audioquest Forest HDMI.
Automation: Control4
Space: Dedicated theater room. Two Jerome's Challenger sofas.
post #7818 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 7
will there be a quality increase watching 4k on 1080p over traditional blu ray?
post #7819 of 9849 Old 04-09-2018, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1694 Post(s)
Liked: 4919
I really feel bad for you guys having issues with your players.
Knock on wood, mine has been rock solid for almost a year.
Maybe three freezes in all that time.
aaronwt, PJL99 and aflorida like this.
post #7820 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
It appears that the Youtube app is broken and the only way to correct is a factory reset.

Bodyslide and aflorida like this.

SONY KD-65A1
SONY UBP-X800
SONY HT-ST5000
post #7821 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 03:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
I really feel bad for you guys having issues with your players.
Knock on wood, mine has been rock solid for almost a year.
Maybe three freezes in all that time.
I'm with you subacabra, I think I have had 2 freezing episodes, as this player has been rock solid for me.
aflorida and subacabra like this.
post #7822 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 04:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
I'm with you subacabra, I think I have had 2 freezing episodes, as this player has been rock solid for me.
me too.....only froze ONCE during "La La Land" 4K/HDR Blu Ray and never again did it freeze.......had my 800 player since it was released....
aaronwt and subacabra like this.
post #7823 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukv View Post
I just did that and it worked. Thank You

post #7824 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
404. That’s an error.

Sony is now in control of the internet. You need to do a factory reset on your PC and re-install your OS to open any more webpages.
Random freezing and lock-ups will now be accepted as normal operating conditions.
Continue on...
nathan_h likes this.
post #7825 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Just picked up a brand new X800. UHD discs so far play fine (have only tried 1 of them so far). Bluray upconverting also plays fine, no pauses. After reading a few of the issues encountered in this forum, I successfully logged into Youtube via my phone and the message came up to open the app on the X800. That also worked. My son tried using Miracast to send what he was watching to the app, and it played on the TV. So far so good.

Netflix, on the other hand, freezes in mid-movie. The first time it happened, it was about an hour in. No buttons on the remote would do anything until I held down the Power button and about 30 seconds later, the player shut off. Restarting it (and Netflix) allowed me to finish the movie. I thought that was a one-off, but it happened again on night 2 of watching Netflix. 40 mins into a different movie, the player froze. Same symptoms, buttons didn't work, only power could turn it off after a significant delay. I have the player hooked up using the Ethernet port with Cat6 to an 8-port switch. I know the switch works fine, the TV also has built-in Netflix and it has worked just fine for 4 months with zero pauses.

I was about to swap out the patch cable, but from reading this forum, I don't think that will help. I am happy to try moving off of a wired connection to wireless, I have a very strong signal in that room from my Ubiquiti AP. Without reading every entry in this massive thread, can someone summarize what other people may have had success with? I am happy to play around with it, change any options, etc. I don't want to return it as I can see many people went that route only to have the same issues.

Thanks,
PT
post #7826 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesxd View Post
will there be a quality increase watching 4k on 1080p over traditional blu ray?
No. Although the HDR to SDR conversion seemed ok on the one movie I've watched, Blade Runner Final Cut, it's not accurate.
post #7827 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
No. Although the HDR to SDR conversion seemed ok on the one movie I've watched, Blade Runner Final Cut, it's not accurate.
There is a good article on exactly that : www highdefdigest com/blog/4k-ultrahd-on-a-1080p-display/
(remove the spaces)
post #7828 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 53
In regards to the player working better when NOT hooked up to the internet. On my X800 I have had only had 3 freezes in 10 months. I mostly play discs. One other thing to note. I also have a Sony 940D TV. I only use the internet on the TV every couple of months to check for an update. It is weird that if I left that TV's Ethernet cable plugged in it would lock up everything that was hooked up to the 8 port switch the TV was plugged into. As soon as I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the TV (not switch) I could count to 5 and all the devices on the switch would have network and internet again. Was a huge pain to figure out the first time it happened.
post #7829 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangflyer View Post
In regards to the player working better when NOT hooked up to the internet. On my X800 I have had only had 3 freezes in 10 months. I mostly play discs. One other thing to note. I also have a Sony 940D TV. I only use the internet on the TV every couple of months to check for an update. It is weird that if I left that TV's Ethernet cable plugged in it would lock up everything that was hooked up to the 8 port switch the TV was plugged into. As soon as I unplugged the Ethernet cable from the TV (not switch) I could count to 5 and all the devices on the switch would have network and internet again. Was a huge pain to figure out the first time it happened.
@stangflyer

That's interesting about the 940D. Did you ever have it connected via WIFI at one point? A friend of mine had what looks to be the same issue. It was not a 940D, but it was a Sony TV. He originally set it up with Wifi, but then got an 8-port switch behind the TV and used the Ethernet port instead. What fixed it for him was to go into his Wifi settings and Forget this Network, which cleared out his Wifi settings. His Ethernet port worked normally after that.
post #7830 of 9849 Old 04-10-2018, 12:30 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete999Tete View Post
Just picked up a brand new X800. UHD discs so far play fine (have only tried 1 of them so far). Bluray upconverting also plays fine, no pauses. After reading a few of the issues encountered in this forum, I successfully logged into Youtube via my phone and the message came up to open the app on the X800. That also worked. My son tried using Miracast to send what he was watching to the app, and it played on the TV. So far so good.

Netflix, on the other hand, freezes in mid-movie. The first time it happened, it was about an hour in. No buttons on the remote would do anything until I held down the Power button and about 30 seconds later, the player shut off. Restarting it (and Netflix) allowed me to finish the movie. I thought that was a one-off, but it happened again on night 2 of watching Netflix. 40 mins into a different movie, the player froze. Same symptoms, buttons didn't work, only power could turn it off after a significant delay. I have the player hooked up using the Ethernet port with Cat6 to an 8-port switch. I know the switch works fine, the TV also has built-in Netflix and it has worked just fine for 4 months with zero pauses.

I was about to swap out the patch cable, but from reading this forum, I don't think that will help. I am happy to try moving off of a wired connection to wireless, I have a very strong signal in that room from my Ubiquiti AP. Without reading every entry in this massive thread, can someone summarize what other people may have had success with? I am happy to play around with it, change any options, etc. I don't want to return it as I can see many people went that route only to have the same issues.

Thanks,
PT
I use wireless with my X800 and it works great. It's the only way I can play my higher bitrate UHD files over my network on the x800. Since the wired connection is only 100BT. But with wireless I have no problem playing videos with a 130Mb/s bitrate.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4kupscale , 5040 , dsf , Epson , problem , Sony , sony ubp-x800 , streaming music , surround decode , ubp-ux80 , ubp-x1000es , x800

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page