OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25374Likes

post #1591 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 08:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusterb View Post
I have been enjoying my X800 for over two weeks now. No problems encountered so far on four 4K UHD discs until this morning.

About 35-40 minutes into The DaVinci Code, I noticed the audio was suddenly out of sync by about a half second (I believe the sound was ahead of the picture). After a few minutes of this, I stopped playback and ejected the tray (did not do a power cycle; I left the player on). Then I closed the tray and it resumed where I left off and sound a picture were back in sync. The rest of the movie played without any issue.

Has anyone seen phenomena such as this with the X800?
The exact same thing happened this evening watching The DaVinci Code!! I just paused playback and then hit play and things synced back up. So far it hasn't reoccurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 08:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rnarian View Post
Discussed many times in this thread... Not gonna happen on the x800. Maybe the x1000ES version.
You're spouting nonsense. Nobody knows. However...

"Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray player :: Dolby Vision (confirmed - today)

(this information may not widely be known)

today (yesterday it was not so) :: Sony rep confirmed forthcoming support for Dolby vision

he confirmed the following:
- 1 - this player has the required hardware chip to support Dolby Vision
- 2 - it does not support Dolby Vision (out of the box)
- 3 - it will (as LG - Philips - Oppo) support Dolby Vision via a later (eventual)
firmware update (when exactly is unknown)
- 4 - licensing agreements are now worked out
- 5 - Dolby Vision supported televisions are as already known (X930E - X940E - Z9D)
- 6 - the remarkable X900E does not have neither the required hardware chip or processor power to support Dolby Vision, seemingly impossible, so it will not

needless to say, i immediately purchased and will have it in a few days (nice day today - indeed)

i was both expecting & hoping this would eventually be announced, as i would not purchase without Dolby Vision

my purchase was immediate (literally seconds) once that i was informed and subsequently (real time) confirmed via the Sony rep (seemingly, there is no possibility of error in this regard, as he was contacted several times as i waited for further confirmation that there was no misunderstanding)"
roque13 likes this.
post #1593 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 28
OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzupeman View Post

"Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray player :: Dolby Vision ...."

Why did you surround your post text in quotation marks? Are you passing along information second-hand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8907 Post(s)
Liked: 5692
I saw a post with that identical info at the Blu-ray forum X800 thread.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1595 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Liked: 663
If the above info is accurate and DV is coming to the X800/X1000ES, then all these 4K players need now is HDR Strip ---> WCG 2020. How can this be omitted when Sony has such an extensive projector line?

Most projectors benefit from this feature unless one has a small screen. Even my 5000es benefits from it when using an Oppo 203. Strange. Only explanation... hopefully it's in the works.
Nima likes this.

Last edited by G-Rex; 03-31-2017 at 09:19 PM.
post #1596 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I've had my x800 a little over a week now. Having all kinds of problems: locked up with black screen, white flashes, long delay with solid purple screen, insisting there's no disc inserted when there is (I have to cycle the tray), won't eject, won't power off, won't play Planet Earth II disc 1 (but will play disc 2 & 3). I've had to power cycle it via plug at least 8 times to get it out of lock.

Most of the people here seem happy so I feel like I have a lemon.
I've had the purple screen, it saying no disc inserted, not opening, or powering off issues. That and still no 4k for Netflix SMH.
post #1597 of 9673 Old 03-31-2017, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Quote:

today (yesterday it was not so) :: Sony rep confirmed forthcoming support for Dolby vision

- 3 - it will (as LG - Philips - Oppo) support Dolby Vision via a later (eventual)
- 5 - Dolby Vision supported televisions are as already known (X930E - X940E - Z9D)
- 6 - the remarkable X900E does not have neither the required hardware chip or processor power to support Dolby Vision, seemingly impossible, so it will not

needless to say, i immediately purchased and will have it in a few days (nice day today - indeed)

i was both expecting & hoping this would eventually be announced, as i would not purchase without Dolby Vision

my purchase was immediate (literally seconds) once that i was informed and subsequently (real time) confirmed via the Sony rep (seemingly, there is no possibility of error in this regard, as he was contacted several times as i waited for further confirmation that there was no misunderstanding)"
Yikes, i hope it works out for this poster on bluray dot com. These "Sony Reps" seem very informed indeed ;-)
post #1598 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 03:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 401 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeisapear View Post
Why did you surround your post text in quotation marks? Are you passing along information second-hand?

Yes.
post #1599 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 04:23 AM

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 151
To the guy having better luck with his TV than his pj, suggest an ISF calibration for your projector. Not cheap (~$300 for 2k and ~$400 for HDR) but totally worth it.

For all having issues/glitches, suggest confirming your cables are "premium certified." Just "premium," or just "certified" doesn't get it. Monoprice and Bluejeans are recommended. It really does make a difference.

...fwiw

Last edited by ht guy; 04-01-2017 at 04:26 AM.
post #1600 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1939 Post(s)
Liked: 1145
Quote:
Quote:
Discussed many times in this thread... Not gonna happen on the x800. Maybe the x1000ES version.

Riiiight.... almost everyone waiting to purchase this is wanting this information and that "Sony rep just happened to share this vital info. With that one particular person" whos spouting what here...? Multiple reality checks needed in aisle 5 lol
post #1601 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5804
The chances this gets DV, according to what Sony has said so far, = the chances it won't at this point.

Not sure why anyone thinks they are more right.
post #1602 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Riiiight.... almost everyone waiting to purchase this is wanting this information and that "Sony rep just happened to share this vital info. With that one particular person" whos spouting what here...? Multiple reality checks needed in aisle 5 lol

I wouldn't necessarily discount this scenario. I, myself, have 'a guy' on the inside who gives me info on a specific TV line within Sony that is Spot-On. My source has even, on occasion, provided non-mass-released 'fixes' for firmware.

Just because you don't have a reliable source, doesn't mean that others don't. I think aaronwt could back me on this...

Of course, it could just be fake news...

Last edited by mrdjman; 04-01-2017 at 06:37 AM.
post #1603 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Why don't you all independently verify by contacting Sony support (and/or your internal contacts) and discuss what you hear in this thread, as this info seems recent? At the least Sony will be hearing loud and clear on the demand for DV from existing customers.

Last edited by Hellohowareyou; 04-01-2017 at 06:50 AM.
post #1604 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 359
I say April fools !
aaronwt, dpippel and Virtio like this.
post #1605 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lippertize View Post
I picked that up too and have the same player/tv combo. It looks incredible! I also picked up Fantastic Beasts 4K blu ray and it too looks stellar! The difference that HDR makes is remarkable.
I've been waiting for the weekend to watch Fantastic Beasts as well! Probably watch it tomorrow night. How are you enjoying Panet Earth 2? I initially saw it through the Amazon video app and this 4K blu ray is just next level stuff. The colors are so beautiful and the images very crisp, it's a very enjoyable experience.
Lippertize likes this.
post #1606 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Since connecting my X800 directly to my XBR65X850C for video and my STR-DN860 for audio using Certified Premium HDMI cables from Monoprice, I've had no issues. Well I take that back. I watched the 1080P version of The Martian (FOX) and got that weird macro blocking glitch mentioned above. Other than that, everything is great.

I also bought a Logitech Harmony 650. Programming was incredibly easy. Now when I want to watch a movie, my TV switches to HDMI 1, my receiver switches to the proper input and the home screen of the player appears on the screen awaiting my next move. Couldn't be any easier!

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
post #1607 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennebob View Post
Since connecting my X800 directly to my XBR65X850C for video and my STR-DN860 for audio using Certified Premium HDMI cables from Monoprice, I've had no issues. Well I take that back. I watched the 1080P version of The Martian (FOX) and got that weird macro blocking glitch mentioned above. Other than that, everything is great.

I also bought a Logitech Harmony 650. Programming was incredibly easy. Now when I want to watch a movie, my TV switches to HDMI 1, my receiver switches to the proper input and the home screen of the player appears on the screen awaiting my next move. Couldn't be any easier!

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Hmm...I still have to manually switch the TV to HDMI...2...actually...maybe I have something not quite right yet... Other than that...all seems good. I'll have to watch 'The Martian' to see if I experience the blocking...
post #1608 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdjman View Post
Hmm...I still have to manually switch the TV to HDMI...2...actually...maybe I have something not quite right yet... Other than that...all seems good. I'll have to watch 'The Martian' to see if I experience the blocking...
Are you using a universal remote? The 650 does it all. One remote instead of 4!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #1609 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennebob View Post
Are you using a universal remote? The 650 does it all. One remote instead of 4!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not yet. I just ordered a Sony Universal, though...I don't really need all the bells/whistles/expense of the Logitech. If my AVR remote had a eject button on it, I could have just used it, but it doesn't.

Anyway - I'll see what happens and if it doesn't do the trick, i'm only out $12...and I will get a Logitech.
post #1610 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm looking at two of my older Sony BD player remotes and they both have a Netflix button. One is model RMT-B126A.

The other is model RMT-VB100U.

I like the X800 remote better(which is model RMT-VB310U). Since it is longer and the buttons aren't placed as close together. Plus the transport buttons are layed out better.

Thank you.

Anyone know the best place to mount and IT sensor on this thing?

Quote:
don't insult my intelligents
post #1611 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrenduro View Post
Thank you.

Anyone know the best place to mount and IT sensor on this thing?

Look in the manual, or go to Sony support site. They have picture that shows where the sensor is located.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
post #1612 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1486
Quote:
Not yet. I just ordered a Sony Universal, though...I don't really need all the bells/whistles/expense of the Logitech. If my AVR remote had a eject button on it, I could have just used it, but it doesn't.

Anyway - I'll see what happens and if it doesn't do the trick, i'm only out $12...and I will get a Logitech.
No offense intended, but are you serious about wanting a remote eject button? (It is April 1, after all.)

I've always thought remote eject buttons were a joke. (You have to walk over to the player to insert or remove a disk, after all. The remote might save you the few seconds it'd take for the tray to open after pressing the button on the player.) I admit that I keep my player in a cabinet with windowed doors, so the tray couldn't open unless I pushed the player 'way back on the shelf.
post #1613 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobknavs View Post
No offense intended, but are you serious about wanting a remote eject button? (It is April 1, after all.)

I've always thought remote eject buttons were a joke. (You have to walk over to the player to insert or remove a disk, after all. The remote might save you the few seconds it'd take for the tray to open after pressing the button on the player.) I admit that I keep my player in a cabinet with windowed doors, so the tray couldn't open unless I pushed the player 'way back on the shelf.

Ha! Point taken…but yep…I’m fairly serious – my room is sorta not well lit, and my eyes aren’t all that young anymore, so rather than feeling my way around, I’d rather just have the eject button. Guess I could just have my better-half change discs…lol… I’m not blind…but yeah…
post #1614 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2102 Post(s)
Liked: 1486
Quote:
Ha! Point taken…but yep…I’m fairly serious – my room is sorta not well lit, and my eyes aren’t all that young anymore, so rather than feeling my way around, I’d rather just have the eject button. Guess I could just have my better-half change discs…lol… I’m not blind…but yeah…
Yeah, there is that.

I admit that I sometimes have a problem with the stylish black-on-black control markings on modern electronic devices. I have sometimes have had to train myself to find the buttons by their position rather than by actually seeing them. So much for ergonomics.
post #1615 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, there is that.

I admit that I sometimes have a problem with the stylish black-on-black control markings on modern electronic devices. I have sometimes have had to train myself to find the buttons by their position rather than by actually seeing them. So much for ergonomics.

All that and...i'm inherently lazy...so...
post #1616 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
I've had my x800 a little over a week now. Having all kinds of problems: locked up with black screen, white flashes, long delay with solid purple screen, insisting there's no disc inserted when there is (I have to cycle the tray), won't eject, won't power off, won't play Planet Earth II disc 1 (but will play disc 2 & 3). I've had to power cycle it via plug at least 8 times to get it out of lock.

Most of the people here seem happy so I feel like I have a lemon.
I have had mine a few weeks no problems I'm happy so far gonna watch planet earth 2 in a Lil buti f I have problems I will post. Sounds like u have a lemon but it's only a week exchange for a new one good luck
post #1617 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkusterb View Post
I have been enjoying my X800 for over two weeks now. No problems encountered so far on four 4K UHD discs until this morning.

About 35-40 minutes into The DaVinci Code, I noticed the audio was suddenly out of sync by about a half second (I believe the sound was ahead of the picture). After a few minutes of this, I stopped playback and ejected the tray (did not do a power cycle; I left the player on). Then I closed the tray and it resumed where I left off and sound a picture were back in sync. The rest of the movie played without any issue.

Has anyone seen phenomena such as this with the X800?
Got my X800 3 days ago. Hooked up HDMI1 to the Samsung JU7100 with a certified premium 4K cable and the audio HDMI2 to a Pioneer VSX-820-K with a HDMI 1.4 cable. I've only played 2 BD disks so far (not 4K) and on the second one, Patriots Day, the sound went out of sync about half way through the movie. Sound was ahead of the video just like yours. I hit pause, waited a minute, restarted and the sound was synced. Then about 5-10 minutes later the sound went out of sync again. I stopped the movie and restarted. Fast forwarded to the place I left off and the rest played OK.

This is really bugging me. Only 3 days in and audio sync problems. I'm going to get 2 matching 4K HDMI cables to connect with but I don't think the cables are the problem. I'm going to watch Passengers tonight and if the audio sync problem happens again I might just return this thing.

post #1618 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpalacios91 View Post
I've been waiting for the weekend to watch Fantastic Beasts as well! Probably watch it tomorrow night. How are you enjoying Panet Earth 2? I initially saw it through the Amazon video app and this 4K blu ray is just next level stuff. The colors are so beautiful and the images very crisp, it's a very enjoyable experience.
I've only gotten through "islands" so far on Planet Earth II and am so impressed with the image. It doesn't hurt that they film this series with the intention to capture nature in unprecedented ways. I'm looking forward to watching more this weekend!

So, regarding Fantastic Beasts, I tried a little experiment and turned HDR off on the player. While the picture was clear, crisp, and looked beautiful, It seemed subdued, dimmer (of course) and less alive. Turning HDR back on revealed such a different result! The gleaming sunshine and its light cast on the actors and the scene. The way the colors just popped, so dynamic and different. HDR brought new life into the viewing experience!

This may seem like a 'well, duh!' scenario, but for anyone who is interested in an a/b comparison to answer the question of 'What does HDR add to the experience?' and 'What more could you want than amazing 4K picture quality?' This movie shows off HDR's improvements incredibly. The difference is not subtle in the least.
djpalacios91 likes this.

•Sony XBR-65X930D 4K HDR TV •Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray player
•Sony STR-DA5800ES A/V Amp (5/4.1 System)
•NHT SuperOne (Frt L+R) + NHT SuperCenter (Ctr)
•NHT SuperZero (Frt Height L+R)(Sur L+R)(Sur Height L+R)
•NHT SW-2P with NHT MA-1 mono Amp (Sub)

Last edited by Lippertize; 04-01-2017 at 01:54 PM.
post #1619 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
OFFICIAL Sony UBP-X800 Owners Thread

Streaming Apps update:

Firmware M36.R.0111 Released 2nd March 2017 (USA). Adds support for Amazon Video 4K, Vudu and Opera TV store apps platform.

Current apps:

Netflix (4K, HDR Support, Dolby Digital, 24fps) Version: 2016.1.2
Amazon Video (4K, Dolby Digital +, 24fps) Version: Unknown
Vudu (3D support, Dolby Digital +, 24fps) Version: 3.1 (rev 165531)
Opera TV Store

The only App that supports HDR at this time is Netflix.

Sony's first Ultra HD Blu-Ray player announced at CES 2017

Price: $299 (USA)

Features
  • 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback
  • 4K HDR to SDR conversion (
    When playing 4K HDR content on a 4K SDR television the UBP-X800 utilizes a unique Sony algorithm that you can adjust to reproduce the proper brightness and color gradations to provide the best picture possible.)
  • 3D Support
  • Multi disc playback (DVD-V, DVD-A, Bluray, 3D Bluray, SACD, CD, UHD)
  • 4K HDR support (HDR10)
  • Dolby® Atmos and DTS:X support
  • Support for the new BT.2020 color spaces
  • High resolution audio support
  • DSEE HX audio enhancement for audio files
  • Unique frame-and-beam chassis offers a rigid structure to eliminate micro-vibrations
  • Network playback (DLNA and USB)
  • Streaming services/Apps (4K Netflix, 4K Amazon, Vudu and Opera TV store).
  • Bluetooth audio (with LDAC) and multi-room support with SongPal app
  • Coaxial digital, Ethernet and Twin HDMI outputs. Front USB port.
  • Screen mirroring (Android)
  • 2 Free UHD disks through offer below.

Specifications

Disc BD-ROM, CD (CD-DA), CD-R/-RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Double Layer, DVD+RW, DVD-Audio, DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, SA-CD (SA-CD / CD) Playback, Stereoscopic 3D (profile 5), Ultra HD Blu-ray™
Video format
AVCHD Disc Format, Motion JPEG (.mov, .avi), MPEG-1 Video/PS (.mpg, .MPEG, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-2 Video/PS, TS (.mpg, .MPEG, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv).VOB, .VRO, MPEG-4/AVC (.mov, 3gp, .3g2, .3gpp, .3gpp2, .flv), MPEG-4 AVC (.mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .m2ts, .mts), VC1 (.m2ts, .mts, .mkv), WMV9 (.wmv, .asf, .mkv), Xvid (.avi, .mkv)
Audio Format
AAC (.AAC, .mka), AIFF (.aiff, .aif), ALAC (.m4a), Dolby® Digital (.ac3, .mka), DSD - DSDIFF/DSD (.dff, .dsf), FLAC (.flac, .fla), HEAAC v.1/v.2/level2, LP cm (.mka), Vorbis, WMA10 Pro, WMA9 Standard (.WMA)
Photo format
BMP (.bmp), GIF (.gif), JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg), MPO MPF 3D (.mpo), PNG (.png)

Dimensions (W x H x D)
W17 x H2 1/4 x D10 3/4 (inch); W430 x H54 x D270 (mm)
Weight 8 lb 7 oz (3.8 kg)

Picture Feature
4K Upscale (60p), HDR → SDR converter, Deep Color (12-bit), 24p True Cinema™
Certified Hi-Res Audio Yes
Dolby Dolby Atmos / Dolby® True HD decoding (7.1ch)
DTS
DTS decoding (7.1ch)
DSEE HX Yes
Bluetooth Bluetooth® TX, LDAC

USA release date: Available Feb 23rd 2017.
Other Territories TBC.

Buy now at: Amazon, Best Buy and B&H.

Support: Sony x800 eSupport

Promotions:

Limited time offer(2/10/17 - 6/30/17) Customers who purchase a Sony UBP-X800 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player between 2/10/17 - 6/30/17 will have the opportunity to receive two free Sony Pictures 4K Ultra HD Discs, from a selection of over 15+ titles. Visit www.sony.com/4kdiscbundle to see promotion and redemption details.

Movies included in promotion:

The 5th Wave, Angels and Demons, Chappie, Concussion, The Davinci Code, Inferno, Ghostbusters (2016), The Magnificent Seven, Pride+Prejudice+Zombies, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Risen, Salt, Sausage Party, Amazing Spiderman 2, Angry Birds Movie, The Shallows and Underworld.

Overview of X800 from Eric Kingdon (Sony Europe) : YouTube
I received my X800 yesterday 3/31/17. Let me mention the face plate has NO LIGHTS whatsoever...Exception: a tiny winny green pinpoint green light that let's you know it's "ON."

Other than that, it's very sturdy...and as like it's predecessors. Welcome screen not so cool. Nothing as good as the S5000es.

Picture looks good and the tray does make a small plastic "Slam"as the Samsung K8500 does when closing the tray, but not as loud.
post #1620 of 9673 Old 04-01-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked: 363
Quote:

Quote:
I like having one on the remote like the one you get with the player. Sometimes, you have to eject and re-insert the disc to clear up an odd quirk. It's nice to be able to have the tray already ejected by the time you walk across the room to grab the disc when you're putting it away. Every now and then, it doesn't insert correctly or at all and you don't know until you're back in your chair - having a button to draw the tray would be nice.

It isn't a deal breaker, but it's a "nice-to-have" that sometimes is missed when you go to a more universal remote that doesn't have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Tags
4kupscale , 5040 , dsf , Epson , problem , Sony , sony ubp-x800 , streaming music , surround decode , ubp-ux80 , ubp-x1000es , x800

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page