Originally Posted by b0rnarian
Discussed many times in this thread... Not gonna happen on the x800. Maybe the x1000ES version.
You're spouting nonsense. Nobody knows. However...
"Sony UBP-X800 4K UHD Blu-ray player :: Dolby Vision (confirmed - today)
(this information may not widely be known)
today (yesterday it was not so) :: Sony rep confirmed forthcoming support for Dolby vision
he confirmed the following:
- 1 - this player has the required hardware chip to support Dolby Vision
- 2 - it does not support Dolby Vision (out of the box)
- 3 - it will (as LG - Philips - Oppo) support Dolby Vision via a later (eventual)
firmware update (when exactly is unknown)
- 4 - licensing agreements are now worked out
- 5 - Dolby Vision supported televisions are as already known (X930E - X940E - Z9D)
- 6 - the remarkable X900E does not have neither the required hardware chip or processor power to support Dolby Vision, seemingly impossible, so it will not
needless to say, i immediately purchased and will have it in a few days (nice day today - indeed)
i was both expecting & hoping this would eventually be announced, as i would not purchase without Dolby Vision
my purchase was immediate (literally seconds) once that i was informed and subsequently (real time) confirmed via the Sony rep (seemingly, there is no possibility of error in this regard, as he was contacted several times as i waited for further confirmation that there was no misunderstanding)"