Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4148Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3541 of 6967 Old 02-20-2018, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I used to own a Modwright Oppo 105D. I had been using a Windows PC for video playback using JRiver Media. I was trying to separate my video and audio playback.

But I had become accustom to Jriver and now Plex user interface. I really like using JRiver and Plex for media library and sorting as well as other benefits.

But when I connected my 105D to a USB HDD containing ripped BluRay .mkv files, it certainly played them but the user interface pertaining to scrolling through content was definitely less than stellar. I ended up selling it and going back to a PC for JRiver and Plex.

I am now considering an Oppo 205. Mainly because I am tired of having to use a computer to watch a movie.

My question is concerning ripped .mkv files and accessing them. Do you interact with USB HDD movies files in the same way with the 205 as you did with the 105?

I don't exactly remember how they were displayed on the Oppo 105 but I remember it was basically a list of files. I never was able to get any movie information or movie cover art. I would at least like to have cover art to make content surfing more pleasurable. Is this in anyway possible with the 205?

Is there any app for an Ipad that will work with the 205 for accessing USB HDD ripped video files? I don't have a NAS and probably won't get one.

I currently have a Sonica DAC for a third system. I assume the 205 tablet app is similar...

Thanks
Evo-No-Revo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3542 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 05:32 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,329
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo-No-Revo View Post
I used to own a Modwright Oppo 105D. I had been using a Windows PC for video playback using JRiver Media. I was trying to separate my video and audio playback.

But I had become accustom to Jriver and now Plex user interface. I really like using JRiver and Plex for media library and sorting as well as other benefits.

But when I connected my 105D to a USB HDD containing ripped BluRay .mkv files, it certainly played them but the user interface pertaining to scrolling through content was definitely less than stellar. I ended up selling it and going back to a PC for JRiver and Plex.

I am now considering an Oppo 205. Mainly because I am tired of having to use a computer to watch a movie.

My question is concerning ripped .mkv files and accessing them. Do you interact with USB HDD movies files in the same way with the 205 as you did with the 105?

I don't exactly remember how they were displayed on the Oppo 105 but I remember it was basically a list of files. I never was able to get any movie information or movie cover art. I would at least like to have cover art to make content surfing more pleasurable. Is this in anyway possible with the 205?

Is there any app for an Ipad that will work with the 205 for accessing USB HDD ripped video files? I don't have a NAS and probably won't get one.

I currently have a Sonica DAC for a third system. I assume the 205 tablet app is similar...
The built-in file browsing interface on the 205 is somewhat improved over the 105, but still not much more than a simple list of files. It certainly isn't going to compare to what you can get with a properly configured JRiver Media Center Theater View or (I presume, as I haven't used it) Plex. The iPad app is a bit better than the built-in browser, but still a fairly simple browsing interface.
gsr is online now  
post #3543 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2153 Post(s)
Liked: 2285
Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread

I hate the Oppo streaming interface. That’s a major reason I got an Apple TV 4K with Infuse to stream from the NAS. I route the audio through the 205 to get best of both words.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i
Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | iFi AC iPurifier | roon
drewTT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3544 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
T-smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 1,137
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
I hate the Oppo streaming interface. That’s a major reason I got an Apple TV 4K with Infuse to stream from the NAS. I route the audio through the 205 to get best of both words.
I have a Heos amp in my home office connected to a pair of old towers that were collecting dust and the user experience streaming with Heos is light years ahead of the Oppo 205 and because of this I have been considering adding a Heos Preamp to my main setup and connecting it via coax or toslink to the Oppo for streaming my music from NAS which will also give me Spotify as well. Im a big believer in less is more though and hate the thought of adding another device.

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
T-smith is offline  
post #3545 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 09:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmusoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 3,016
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Reference class 4K player from Panasonic. Oppo-205 target

I still have the older Oppo 105 with its streaming abilities...Now, Panasonic launches a reference class 4K player, the UB9000 for $999, THX certification, VOD 4Kstreaming services, Isolated dual HDMI outputs, reference grade audio with high-quality DACs, XLR/RCA outs, ... and Alexa!



More details posted here.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
dmusoke is offline  
post #3546 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 09:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Audiguy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Fort Collins CO
Posts: 1,487
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
I still have the older Oppo 105 with its streaming abilities...Now, Panasonic launches a reference class 4K player, the UB9000 for $999, THX certification, VOD 4Kstreaming services, Isolated dual HDMI outputs, reference grade audio with high-quality DACs, XLR/RCA outs, ... and Alexa!



More details posted here.
Get a Roku for streaming.

Oppo knows what they want to concentrate on.
steady teddy likes this.

Reggie Basement: Sony 75" 4K 940D/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077 & MM7055/GoldenEar:Reference (Front) Triton Ones(Rear),/SuperCenter XXL center channel/ 4 GoldenEar Atmos Invisa 650/Oppo BDP-205/Directv HS-17 and C61K/Roku 4K Family Room:LG 65" OLED/Marantz AV8802A & MM8077/ Vandersteen Treo Front/ GoldEar SuperSat60 Surround/ Directv HS-17 and C61K
Audiguy3 is offline  
post #3547 of 6967 Old 02-21-2018, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2153 Post(s)
Liked: 2285
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
I still have the older Oppo 105 with its streaming abilities...Now, Panasonic launches a reference class 4K player, the UB9000 for $999, THX certification, VOD 4Kstreaming services, Isolated dual HDMI outputs, reference grade audio with high-quality DACs, XLR/RCA outs, ... and Alexa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lv-U3ns4g8


More details posted here.
And you posted this in the Oppo owner's thread because?

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i
Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | iFi AC iPurifier | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #3548 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 14,746
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
I still have the older Oppo 105 with its streaming abilities...Now, Panasonic launches a reference class 4K player, the UB9000 for $999, THX certification, VOD 4Kstreaming services, Isolated dual HDMI outputs, reference grade audio with high-quality DACs, XLR/RCA outs, ... and Alexa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lv-U3ns4g8


More details posted here.
They are touting the audio quality, but it doesn't look like the Panny player supports SACD or DVD-A (lack of SACD makes it a no-go for me).

https://hdguru.com/panasonic-might-b...y-player-here/
BillP is offline  
post #3549 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dmusoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lowell, MA
Posts: 3,016
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
They are touting the audio quality, but it doesn't look like the Panny player supports SACD or DVD-A (lack of SACD makes it a no-go for me).

https://hdguru.com/panasonic-might-b...y-player-here/
True, a valid point indeed. The whole reason I brought it up here in this forum was not to antagonize members, as some have implied in their response to my original post, but to let the community know that there's another potential new sheriff in town, who has designed a player specifically for potential Oppo 205 buyers and customers in audio and video. It seems, video-wise, that the Panasonic player has an edge (to be determined), with its advanced HCX processor with its new HDR features...all at a price that is $500 (same in pounds) cheaper than the 205.

The audio DAC used is not mentioned explicitly but I bet it's either a newer ESS DAC or newer AKM Veritas DAC, both of which have been proven to sound excellent, if not downright identical. Reading reports of how the analog outputs of the Oppo 203 (AKM Veritas DAC and other well designed AKM DAC players) and 205 (ESS DAC) are much much closer to each other if not almost identical surprised me greatly.

For those who called me out on my original post, its always good to know and inform members about what the other side (opposition?) is doing. It's not something to get defensive or insulted about. Peace !
vavan likes this.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post19542630
dmusoke is offline  
post #3550 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
SJHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,603
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked: 757
Is there anyway to play Tidal MQA into the 205? Thanks. SJ
SJHT is online now  
post #3551 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 08:52 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group
 
gsr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,329
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 2370
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
True, a valid point indeed. The whole reason I brought it up here in this forum was not to antagonize members, as some have implied in their response to my original post, but to let the community know that there's another potential new sheriff in town, who has designed a player specifically for potential Oppo 205 buyers and customers in audio and video. It seems, video-wise, that the Panasonic player has an edge (to be determined), with its advanced HCX processor with its new HDR features...all at a price that is $500 (same in pounds) cheaper than the 205.

The audio DAC used is not mentioned explicitly but I bet it's either a newer ESS DAC or newer AKM Veritas DAC, both of which have been proven to sound excellent, if not downright identical. Reading reports of how the analog outputs of the Oppo 203 (AKM Veritas DAC and other well designed AKM DAC players) and 205 (ESS DAC) are much much closer to each other if not almost identical surprised me greatly.

For those who called me out on my original post, its always good to know and inform members about what the other side (opposition?) is doing. It's not something to get defensive or insulted about. Peace !
There are comparison threads and other appropriate places to discuss other products. Can we please keep this thread on topic?
gsr is online now  
post #3552 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHT View Post
Is there anyway to play Tidal MQA into the 205? Thanks. SJ
Hello,
I would like to get an answer to this question as well. Can you achieve this by setting up a Roon acct?

Regards
Jeff
HeffeMusic is offline  
post #3553 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,699
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2153 Post(s)
Liked: 2285
You can't play Tidal MQA through the Oppo or any MQA through the USB DAC input. Last time I reached out to Oppo, they said they are still working on it. Something to do with the buffer size or something....

I really hope they add this feature.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i
Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | iFi AC iPurifier | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #3554 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Thanks for the reply. To all owners I have another question, if I put my Stereo outs on the 205 to my Anthem MRX 1120 through the analog unprocessed inputs what level should I set the oppos level output to? Should it be fixed at 100 or bring it down to avoid distortion?

Regards,
Jeff
HeffeMusic is offline  
post #3555 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 05:22 PM
Member
 
fritzjurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 99
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just got the OPPO 205...only 3000+ more posts to read on this forum... has anyone paid for a modification service on the 205? I saw one person on Audiogon who has a $700+ mod offering. pretty long list of upgrades

Sony XBR-65A1E OLED | Pioneer Kuro Elite 141FD 60" | Rotel RAP-1580 AVR | Kef Reference 1 | OPPO UDP-205 | B&W CM5 | Apple 4K TV | Sonus One | Peachtree Nova Amp | Pro-Ject Turntable | Xbox One X (soon) | Panamax MB1500 | APC H15 Power Conditioning | AudioQuest Coffee & Vodka (in-wall) | Control4 EA 1 & SR-260-I | Amazon Echo | Sanus BLF228-B1 Wall Mount
fritzjurg is offline  
post #3556 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 05:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Is the 205 available in silver, and if not, what other 4k capable player is?
D2Girls is offline  
post #3557 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 05:54 PM
vld
Advanced Member
 
vld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A place in time...
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 87
While I do support the thought of a competitive sales environment, Panny will never match Oppo's customer support, never!
vld is offline  
post #3558 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 07:11 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 35,287
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Thanks for the reply. To all owners I have another question, if I put my Stereo outs on the 205 to my Anthem MRX 1120 through the analog unprocessed inputs what level should I set the oppos level output to? Should it be fixed at 100 or bring it down to avoid distortion?

Regards,
Jeff
See my post on page 10 of this thread: Notes on Setting Up for Analog Audio Output
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #3559 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 07:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi Bob,

Hope all is well.

How do I switch between dolby vision and hdr on the OPPO 205. When I put in a 4k disc that has the dv format it just plays hdr 10, and for some discs it just detects Dv automatically..

I have already updated to the latest public firmware.

Thank you in advance Bob.
Sy99 is offline  
post #3560 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 35,287
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy99 View Post
Hi Bob,

Hope all is well.

How do I switch between dolby vision and hdr on the OPPO 205. When I put in a 4k disc that has the dv format it just plays hdr 10, and for some discs it just detects Dv automatically..

I have already updated to the latest public firmware.

Thank you in advance Bob.
A disc which has Dolby Vision content on it is supposed to play as Dolby Vision -- automatically -- if your video output chain supports Dolby Vision. That would be the Display, and any other HDMI devices you are passing that video signal through, such as an AVR. In addition, you should have the HDR setting in the OPPO set to AUTO.

If you've found a counter-example, you should get in touch with OPPO Tech Support and give then the details on the disc and your hardware setup.

So what disc are you playing that you think should play in Dolby Vision and is not doing so? And what other devices are in your video signal chain?

-----------------------------------

ETA: Here is OPPO's Knowledge Base article on troubleshooting Dolby Vision output:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=132

--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #3561 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 179
I purchased a node2 for shyts and giggles (didn't want my future wife using bluetooth and screwing up a speaker with the random pops and whatnot) and run it through the 205 via digital coax.

Other than tidal being a turd with buffering - the 205 is proving to be a rather good device.
love_that_sound is offline  
post #3562 of 6967 Old 02-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
[QUOTE=Bob Pariseau;55740564]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy99 View Post
Hi Bob,


A disc which has Dolby Vision content on it is supposed to play as Dolby Vision -- automatically -- if your video output chain supports Dolby Vision. That would be the Display, and any other HDMI devices you are passing that video signal through, such as an AVR. In addition, you should have the HDR setting in the OPPO set to AUTO.

If you've found a counter-example, you should get in touch with OPPO Tech Support and give then the details on the disc and your hardware setup.

So what disc are you playing that you think should play in Dolby Vision and is not doing so? And what other devices are in your video signal chain?

-----------------------------------

ETA: Here is OPPO's Knowledge Base article on troubleshooting Dolby Vision output:

http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=132

--Bob
Hi Bob,

Thank you , I had set the Hdr setting to Forced. I have reset it to Auto and now all the discs supposed to play DV are playing
in DV mode.

My other devices are Onkyo Rz1100 and LG UH8500 (all updated to reconise DV)

Once again thank you for your knowledge and solutions [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Sy99 is offline  
post #3563 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Hello all, since I have my 205 going to my Anthem via unprocessed sound with no sub has anybody used a device like a Schiit Loki EQ to draw more bottom end out of the sound? The Oppo would have its Analog Stereo outs going to the EQ via RCAs and then out of the Loki to the Anthems analog stereo inputs.

Regards
Jeff
HeffeMusic is offline  
post #3564 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 08:31 AM
Member
 
Darrel McBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've decided to downsize my audio system and sold off my HT equipment. But kept my main two speakers with the idea of going to just a stereo setup. I ordered the OPPO UDP-205 player and the NAD M32 integrated amp as well as a pair of SVS SB-1000 subs. I plan on using the system with my HT PC for music, streaming services and my movie library. I'm wondering if I just hooked up the OPPO to a good stereo amp instead of using the NAD if I would achieve a equal system with out using a Preamp? I would loose a remote, display and stereo sub outs. Has anyone else gone this way? I would be interested in any advice or input.

Now is Forever
Darrel McBane is offline  
post #3565 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 08:40 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 35,287
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel McBane View Post
I've decided to downsize my audio system and sold off my HT equipment. But kept my main two speakers with the idea of going to just a stereo setup. I ordered the OPPO UDP-205 player and the NAD M32 integrated amp as well as a pair of SVS SB-1000 subs. I plan on using the system with my HT PC for music, streaming services and my movie library. I'm wondering if I just hooked up the OPPO to a good stereo amp instead of using the NAD if I would achieve a equal system with out using a Preamp? I would loose a remote, display and stereo sub outs. Has anyone else gone this way? I would be interested in any advice or input.
Check out 3 posts I made in the first 10 pages of this thread. The first two are on considerations when connecting directly to a power amp (no preamp in between). The 3rd one, on page 10, is more general: Notes on Setting Up for Analog Audio Output.

You would, of course, be using the Volume control in the 205 since you would no longer have a preamp.

This also means you can easily take advantage of the Crossover processing in the 205. Wire the Sub output to your Sub(s) and the L/R outputs to your power amp, and set up the Crossover in the OPPO to taste.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #3566 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by love_that_sound View Post
I purchased a node2 for shyts and giggles (didn't want my future wife using bluetooth and screwing up a speaker with the random pops and whatnot) and run it through the 205 via digital coax.

Other than tidal being a turd with buffering - the 205 is proving to be a rather good device.
Hello question,
How is the Oppo seeing the node2? I just ran my node2 optical out to the Oppos optical input and I do not see the player in the Oppo app menu?

Regards
Jeff
HeffeMusic is offline  
post #3567 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Hello all,
Never mind I found it! Input button on the Oppo.
HeffeMusic is offline  
post #3568 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 09:43 AM
Member
 
Darrel McBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the informative write- ups on hooking up directly to an amp. Looks like setting the volume level and sub crossovers within the OPPO is critical. And will allow the OPPO to control the output sources hooked up to it just fine. Am I missing anything?

Now is Forever
Darrel McBane is offline  
post #3569 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 09:46 AM
Read the FAQ!
 
Bob Pariseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 35,287
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5838 Post(s)
Liked: 8329
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Hello question,
How is the Oppo seeing the node2? I just ran my node2 optical out to the Oppos optical input and I do not see the player in the Oppo app menu?

Regards
Jeff
The Network menu in the app shows you things connected via Wifi or Ethernet.

To play from a device attached to the Optical Digital Audio Input, press Input button on the remote and select the Optical Input from the pop-up list that appears.

If you don't have a display turned on, you can use the Classic Remote on the Remote page of the app. Press Input and then the digit "4", which will select the 4th line of the pop-up you would have seen with the display. That's the Optical Input.

To return to normal Blu-ray player use, press Input and "1".
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
Bob Pariseau is offline  
post #3570 of 6967 Old 02-23-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HeffeMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
The Network menu in the app shows you things connected via Wifi or Ethernet.

To play from a device attached to the Optical Digital Audio Input, press Input button on the remote and select the Optical Input from the pop-up list that appears.

If you don't have a display turned on, you can use the Classic Remote on the Remote page of the app. Press Input and then the digit "4", which will select the 4th line of the pop-up you would have seen with the display. That's the Optical Input.

To return to normal Blu-ray player use, press Input and "1".
--Bob
Thanks Bob!
HeffeMusic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Blu-ray Players

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off