Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 199 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4142Likes

post #5941 of 6954 Old 11-01-2018, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 187
With the current prices of the 205 I have considered letting mine go and using the funds elsewhere. Would I lose anything by giving up my 205 in a 2 piece projection system with a 2.40 screen, a new JVC NX7/9 projector and Panamorph lens if I don't care about the audio/DAC side of things? Considering selling it and picking up a new Panasonic or Pioneer player.

NX5 / Panamorph / SI Black Diamond Zero Edge Pro / Salamander Designs / AQ Niagra
AV8805 / UB9000 / AppleTV 4K / PS4 Pro / Connect / Node 2i / RPM-10 C
C1100 / D1100 / MC303s / 800D3 / HTM1D3 / 702 S2 / CCM7.3 / PC4000s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5942 of 6954 Old 11-01-2018, 10:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
With the current prices of the 205 I have considered letting mine go and using the funds elsewhere. Would I lose anything by giving up my 205 in a 2 piece projection system with a 2.40 screen, a new JVC NX7/9 projector and Panamorph lens if I don't care about the audio/DAC side of things? Considering selling it and picking up a new Panasonic or Pioneer player.
IMO, if you don't care about the DAC and analog circuitry in the 205, you should sell it and replace it with a 203 or a UB820 and pocket the difference. The only thing that makes the 205 special over the 203 is the quality of the analog output. Video processing and capabilities are identical between the two. Also, the UB820 and UB900 both do HDR->SDR better than either of the Oppos (at the moment, at least).

filmnut
post #5943 of 6954 Old 11-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Liked: 981
Quote:
Not a bad idea. The sound difference isn't that much different. If you could get a 203 and a bunch of cash, it would be a good deal. I use my 205 just for movies at this point. I have a much better DAC in my system.

Greg

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik F18SEs - SB13 Ultra
Speakers: 2xJTR Noesis 212RT 1 210RM - SVS Ultra Surrounds - KEF LS50W
Audio:McIntosh C2600 Pre - Marantz SR-8012 -Dual McIntosh 601's- McIntosh MT5 - GoldNotePH10 - Oppo UDP-205 - Panamax M5300PMx2 - Apple TV 4k - BlueSound Node 2
TV: Samsung 75" Q9FN - Sony 75" 940D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5944 of 6954 Old 11-02-2018, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus View Post
I realize sound quality depends on the file/source, you also have to consider connections. I’m curious because the 205 doesn’t have Tidal built in and has to be either connected via usb or app.

From TIDAL, “To use TIDAL on your Oppo device, please go to the App Store on your device to download Oppo Media Control. Once you have Downloaded the Oppo Media Control application, you will then need to connect to your Oppo device on your network. Once the App is paired, you can log in to TIDAL via the app to begin streaming on your Oppo device.”

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/a...203131191-Oppo

I heard TIDAL the other day via Naim Uniti Atom, which has TIDAL built in and it sounded fantastic - https://www.naimaudio.com/product/uniti-atom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I use my 205 to stream Tidal almost daily. I have Roon running on my network and my 205 is set as an endpoint. It then is connected, using the stereo analog out to my receiver. I also have a Chromecast device connected to my TV which I use for video graphics while playing Tidal. Works amazing! If you do some reading up on the Oppo 205 you'll find that the 205's USB DAC is considered one of the best DACs available and is prized for its sound quality.
mbroadus and Phantom Stranger like this.

OLED65C7P - Denon AVR S920W - Oppo 205 - Apple TV 4K - Bowers & Wilkins 804, HTM2, 805 - SVS PB2000
post #5945 of 6954 Old 11-02-2018, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg TB View Post
I use my 205 to stream Tidal almost daily. I have Roon running on my network and my 205 is set as an endpoint. It then is connected, using the stereo analog out to my receiver. I also have a Chromecast device connected to my TV which I use for video graphics while playing Tidal. Works amazing! If you do some reading up on the Oppo 205 you'll find that the 205's USB DAC is considered one of the best DACs available and is prized for its sound quality.

Thanks...one of the reasons I bought the 205 is for the DAC. I’ve read a little about Roon but will research more now that I know it can play TIDAL.

Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Oppo UDP-205, Bluesound Node 2i, Focal Aria 936/CC900
MacBook Pro, AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro

Last edited by mbroadus; 11-02-2018 at 09:07 AM.
post #5946 of 6954 Old 11-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I'm considering selling my 205 also. But I'm worried about getting ripped off on ebay. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I've read that electronics are especially risky.

If you have any tips or advice, I'd love to hear it. Maybe in a PM, if you prefer.
Thanks.
post #5947 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I'm considering selling my 205 also. But I'm worried about getting ripped off on ebay. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I've read that electronics are especially risky.

If you have any tips or advice, I'd love to hear it. Maybe in a PM, if you prefer.
Thanks.
You need to read the rights of buyers and sellers at ebay. As a seller if the buyer makes a binding bid, once the auction closes, the seller has entered into a contract to sell the 205. Most important is the description the seller puts in the listing about the item for sale. As long as the item is "as represented" in the listing, ebay will back up the seller. So be accurate in your description and take pictures of the 205 and boxing to show the condition of the sales item before shipping. You can limit eligible buyers to certain geographic locations such as US only. You can require payment by Paypal, which protects sellers who ship to a confirmed address with paypal. Also it would be recommended to insure the shipment which provides tracking information.
mbroadus and The Matrix like this.
post #5948 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 05:08 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1957 Post(s)
Liked: 2367
Quote:
Originally Posted by sta363 View Post
You need to read the rights of buyers and sellers at ebay. As a seller if the buyer makes a binding bid, once the auction closes, the seller has entered into a contract to sell the 205. Most important is the description the seller puts in the listing about the item for sale. As long as the item is "as represented" in the listing, ebay will back up the seller. So be accurate in your description and take pictures of the 205 and boxing to show the condition of the sales item before shipping. You can limit eligible buyers to certain geographic locations such as US only. You can require payment by Paypal, which protects sellers who ship to a confirmed address with paypal. Also it would be recommended to insure the shipment which provides tracking information.
While I pretty much agree with what you wrote, all a buyer has do to get a refund is claim that the item wasn’t as represented and eBay will pretty much back the buyer 100%, even if the seller did nothing wrong. The buyer also has the weapon of being able to leave negative feedback if the seller doesn’t do what they want and negative feedback, especially for a new seller, can be next to impossible to recover from for future selling.

That said, I’ve generally had very good results selling things on eBay as most people out there are honest and don’t try to take advantage of the system. I’ve run into a few jerks, but they’re thankfully few and far between. If someone sends you a question asking you to sell outside of eBay, asks you to ship to an address that isn’t verified on their PayPal account, or some story about problems with their PayPal account with a request to pay via alternative methods, run away as it’s very likely a scam of some sort.
mbroadus and The Matrix like this.
post #5949 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
While I pretty much agree with what you wrote, all a buyer has do to get a refund is claim that the item wasn’t as represented and eBay will pretty much back the buyer 100%, even if the seller did nothing wrong. The buyer also has the weapon of being able to leave negative feedback if the seller doesn’t do what they want and negative feedback, especially for a new seller, can be next to impossible to recover from for future selling.

That said, I’ve generally had very good results selling things on eBay as most people out there are honest and don’t try to take advantage of the system. I’ve run into a few jerks, but they’re thankfully few and far between. If someone sends you a question asking you to sell outside of eBay, asks you to ship to an address that isn’t verified on their PayPal account, or some story about problems with their PayPal account with a request to pay via alternative methods, run away as it’s very likely a scam of some sort.
Well sellers run into buyers with buyers remorse who wish to return not because anything is wrong with it, but because they did not want the item after receiving it. They nonetheless have to show the unit is not as described. In making this kind of argument, while the dispute is pending the buyer has to pay the expense of returning the item. Ebay does require proof. This is particularly true as to expensive audio gear where a seller explains in detail in the listing that the item is fully functional, needed no repairs, etc., and provides up to 12 pictures of the gear in the listing.

On the other hand, I agree if a seller is faced with buyers remorse claim on a CD, it would not be worth the time dealing with the matter; simply refund the purchase amount and move on.
The Matrix likes this.
post #5950 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 07:54 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Well sellers run into buyers with buyers remorse who wish to return not because anything is wrong with it, but because they did not want the item after receiving it. They nonetheless have to show the unit is not as described. In making this kind of argument, while the dispute is pending the buyer has to pay the expense of returning the item. Ebay does require proof. This is particularly true as to expensive audio gear where a seller explains in detail in the listing that the item is fully functional, needed no repairs, etc., and provides up to 12 pictures of the gear in the listing.

On the other hand, I agree if a seller is faced with buyers remorse claim on a CD, it would not be worth the time dealing with the matter; simply refund the purchase amount and move on.
Buyers remorse is definitely an issue. I sold a Denon 4311 AVR a few years ago to a buyer on the opposite coast. He claimed it didn’t work. I knew it was fine when I shipped it, but how can I reasonably prove that? Good photos only help so much as even if they show the unit powered on, there’s no proof that sound is coming out or that all the HDMI inputs work. Shipping damage was certainly a possibility, even though the box wasn’t visibly mangled I had no choice other than to take it back at MY expense. When it arrived back to me, I hooked it up and it was absolutely fine. I resold it to someone else who was happy with it, but I ended up losing round trip shipping to that first buyer. In a case like this, what sort of “proof” are you saying the buyer is required to provide to eBay? And what sort of proof can I provide to eBay?

We’re obviously getting way off topic here, so let’s not go too far with this. Suffice it to say that eBay, despite its warts, is one of the better places to sell used audio and video gear.
The Matrix likes this.
post #5951 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Buyers remorse is definitely an issue. I sold a Denon 4311 AVR a few years ago to a buyer on the opposite coast. He claimed it didn’t work. I knew it was fine when I shipped it, but how can I reasonably prove that? Good photos only help so much as even if they show the unit powered on, there’s no proof that sound is coming out or that all the HDMI inputs work. Shipping damage was certainly a possibility, even though the box wasn’t visibly mangled I had no choice other than to take it back at MY expense. When it arrived back to me, I hooked it up and it was absolutely fine. I resold it to someone else who was happy with it, but I ended up losing round trip shipping to that first buyer. In a case like this, what sort of “proof” are you saying the buyer is required to provide to eBay? And what sort of proof can I provide to eBay?

We’re obviously getting way off topic here, so let’s not go too far with this. Suffice it to say that eBay, despite its warts, is one of the better places to sell used audio and video gear.
Are you saying that ebay ordered you to pay the shipping expense without any kind of proof, e.g., buyer taking the Denon for service to an authorized dealer to show it needed service? If so, this is disheartening. The initial burden of proof is on the buyer to show it did not work as a matter of law.
The Matrix likes this.
post #5952 of 6954 Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Are you saying that ebay ordered you to pay the shipping expense without any kind of proof, e.g., buyer taking the Denon for service to an authorized dealer to show it needed service? If so, this is disheartening. The initial burden of proof is on the buyer to show it did not work as a matter of law.
I didn't push things very far as it was clear from the start that the buyer I was dealing with was a jerk who had changed his mind and was determined to return the item. Had I pushed matters to force the buyer to take the item to a service center at his expense and everything checked out OK (which it obviously would have given that it worked fine when it came back), then what? At that point, the buyer surely would have given me negative feedback, if nothing else. Sometimes the law being on your side simply isn't enough - one has to choose which battles are worth fighting; this one clearly wasn't. But based on what I've read, heard, and experienced in regards to ebay's buyer protection policies, they almost always will take the side of the buyer as it's in their best interest to have happy buyers as that's what ultimately makes money for ebay.
The Matrix likes this.
post #5953 of 6954 Old 11-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1279 Post(s)
Liked: 2110
Sales talk and requests are not permitted outside of the classifieds.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #5954 of 6954 Old 11-04-2018, 04:31 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
This is my experience with MQA-CD

From the CD as a source

1) In the 205 Player itself
Shows: MQA Studio
Disc Format: CDDA(MQA)

Bit Depth: 24

Bit Rate 1.4 Mbps

Sample Rate: 352.8kHz

2) In a second CD Players using the S/PDIF output into the 205 S/PDIF input
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

CD Converted to FLAC Files using Exact Audio Copy (I also tried AIF, WAV and ALAC)

1) Playing the FLAC file from a USB Disk

Bit Depth: 16

Bit Rate 1.4 Mbps

2) Playing the FLAC file to the 205 from Roon

Sample Rate: 88.2kHz

3) Playing the FLAC file to the 205 from windows 10 using Foorbar2000 ASIO Driver into the USB DAC

Conclusion
No MQA from ripped MQA-CD played as a file
No MQA from s/pdif input
As a roon endpoint is does not "see" mqa, just a streamed higher than cd sample rate
post #5955 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppo_robbo View Post
This is my experience with MQA-CD

From the CD as a source

1) In the 205 Player itself
Disc Format: CDDA(MQA)

Bit Depth: 24

Bit Rate 1.4 Mbps

2) In a second CD Players using the S/PDIF output into the 205 S/PDIF input

CD Converted to FLAC Files using Exact Audio Copy (I also tried AIF, WAV and ALAC)

1) Playing the FLAC file from a USB Disk

Bit Depth: 16

Bit Rate 1.4 Mbps

2) Playing the FLAC file to the 205 from Roon

Sample Rate: 88.2kHz

3) Playing the FLAC file to the 205 from windows 10 using Foorbar2000 ASIO Driver into the USB DAC

Conclusion
No MQA from ripped MQA-CD played as a file
No MQA from s/pdif input
As a roon endpoint is does not "see" mqa, just a streamed higher than cd sample rate
MQA will only be unfolded or rendered when the USB DAC input is used. I use the 205 as a Roon endpoint and MQA works perfectly. I'd double check settings in Roon, make sure the 205 has MQA enabled in Roon settings. The output chain screen will quickly show what is happening.
mbroadus likes this.

OLED65C7P - Denon AVR S920W - Oppo 205 - Apple TV 4K - Bowers & Wilkins 804, HTM2, 805 - SVS PB2000
post #5956 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg TB View Post
MQA will only be unfolded or rendered when the USB DAC input is used. I use the 205 as a Roon endpoint and MQA works perfectly. I'd double check settings in Roon, make sure the 205 has MQA enabled in Roon settings. The output chain screen will quickly show what is happening.
If you're not using the USB DAC, Roon can do the first MQA unfold in software and then pass the output along to the 205 via network. But you won't get the second stage rendering that the 205 is capable of.
post #5957 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
If you're not using the USB DAC, Roon can do the first MQA unfold in software and then pass the output along to the 205 via network. But you won't get the second stage rendering that the 205 is capable of.
Will the 205 do the second unfolding with ethernet input from Roon running on a Mac Mini? I think the Mini may have USB output as well.

db
post #5958 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Yup to that! My Pro-Ject S2 Digital doesn't have enough horsepower to both unfold and render MQA without some dropouts, so I have my pc do the unfold, the S2 does the rendering (purple dot, anyone?). Works fine, but with my 205 it does it all without complaint.

post #5959 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

I should have mentioned the following
  1. When I used Roon and selected the USB Input on the 205 as an endpoint it gets the full sample rate.
  2. However, when I choose the 205 as an endpoint just on the wireless home network it only gets the lower sample rate.

Note: This was with flac files ripped from MQA-CD.

Playing that same file from a USB Hardrive does no unfolding at all, even though playing MQA files downloaded from 2L does the unfolding.

I am wondering if the OPPO will only look for MQA in a "File" when its source is 24/48 but does not bother to check for MQA when the source is 16/44.1
post #5960 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Can you guys recommend audio output setup/audio processing settings for CD playback via analog to Anthem MRX-720 AVR? Thanks

After quite a bit of trial and error, I have landed on what I feel is the best setup for pure analog stereo playback. I initially purchased a miniDSP with the intent to run the front M&K 150's full range and then use the miniDSP as a low pass crossover. The M&K's S-150's are in no way full range speakers so this limited the volume quite a bit.

Here are two things I've landed on after reading further on Oppo's website and speaking with Oppo tech support.

Option 1: The 205 has an enhanced HDMI feed for audio that results in extremely low jitter. I fed the audio only HDMI from the 205 into the MRX and set it for stereo with a second room correction profile with lower cutoff frequency. I use the Oppo iPhone app to select high res files from my Western Digital 2 Tb hard drive connected to the 205 via Audioquest USB cable. I don't want video potentially messing with the pure sound. The sound is AMAZING! Details on the audio HDMI here: https://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=129&ProdID=UDP-205

Option 2: I tossed the MiniDSP after talking with Oppo tech support. I use the 205 main analog R/L out and the subwoofer out on the 205. Since I still want active sub outs from the MRX, I feed this into a combiner from Edcor for my right sub only. So the signal path is 205 subwoofer out to RCA bypass switch, then to Edcor combiner. The sub out from the MRX also goes into the combiner and then the single output to the right sub. I only active the Oppo sub switch once I have switched the MRX into analog mode. This input is set for no processing and no room correction so the MRX subwoofer out is disabled on the MRX and as long as I am careful, I will never have two sub signals going through the combiner. Oppo stated once set up, the subwoofer out is active even when running HDMI to the MRX. The 205 is then set up as a 2.1 system with the subwoofer activated. I set the crossover same in the Oppo at the same value the MRX picked and adjusted the sub volume on the Oppo. The 205 does the bass crossover and still processes the music using the 205's high end DACs. The sound is AMAZING.

To be honest, option 2 is just a hair more transparent than option 1. I expected more out of the better 205 DAC's, but the Anthem DACs are decent in their own right. I like options, but now having an A/B comparison, I would have just done option 1 and called it a day. I am still trying to determine if the sound is good enough for me to get rid of my 2-channel system in my office. I am running Watt Puppy 6's with a Music Reference RM-200 Mk II, Benchmark DAC-1, and Transparent cables. Comparing an $8000 tube amp to the Anthem really isn't fair, but I have to admit the law of diminishing returns is at work here. The MRX-720, Oppo 205, M&K combo comes pretty darn close. The warmth and magic a deep into the music "space" is missing, but it is not as far off as one would expect.

Hope this helps anyone else wanting to take advantage of the 205's excellent analog capabilities.

Last edited by Swatdude1; 11-05-2018 at 07:56 PM.
post #5961 of 6954 Old 11-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmnut View Post
I'll bet 99.99% of users wouldn't be able to detect jitter in normal program material in a blind test. And even less chance of detecting it in a movie soundtrack than in music. There are a far more important details in your system and sources concerning audio quality that deserve your attention than jitter. Way too much is being made of this feature, IMO.

The more transparent the playback chain is, the more this matters.
post #5962 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Swatdude1 - thanks for the info. I’ll give everything a go this afternoon.

post #5963 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I’m in the process of researching portable external hard drives in order to connect to the 205’s USB DAC but looks like most external hard drives are now using USB 3.0 type C to A but I’m unable to find any high quality (Audioquest or Wireworld) USB type C to type B Audio cables to connect to the DAC. Suggestions?

post #5964 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:07 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4670 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
I’m in the process of researching portable external hard drives in order to connect to the 205’s USB DAC but looks like most external hard drives are now using USB 3.0 type C to A but I’m unable to find any high quality (Audioquest or Wireworld) USB type C to type B Audio cables to connect to the DAC. Suggestions?
You don't connect a hard drive to the USB DAC port. That is for sound cards, etc.

-Bill
vavan likes this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
Unofficial OPPO FAQS: UDP-203 | BDP-103 | BDP-93 | BDP-83 | BDP-80    
post #5965 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’m in the process of researching portable external hard drives in order to connect to the 205’s USB DAC but looks like most external hard drives are now using USB 3.0 type C to A but I’m unable to find any high quality (Audioquest or Wireworld) USB type C to type B Audio cables to connect to the DAC. I’m sure I could find a C to B adapter but would rather not. Suggestions?

post #5966 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain View Post
You don't connect a hard drive to the USB DAC port. That is for sound cards, etc.

-Bill
I apologize...I see that the 205 also has a DAC on the optical input.

Last edited by mbroadus; 11-06-2018 at 07:27 AM.
post #5967 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:23 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
Then how do I take advantage of the DAC when playing FLAC files via external hard drive, optical input?
Sorry, not getting you. You have a hard drive with optical output?

Typically your FLAC files will reside on a computer and that will connect to one of the inputs on the OPPO, or over networking.

Or you can put them on a portable hard drive and attach directly to the OPPO with one of the standard USB sockets.

-Bill
Bill Mac and Phantom Stranger like this.

Review older films here: 1979 and earlier | 1980s | 1990s | Combined reviews: Strange Picture Scroll
post #5968 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, not getting you. You have a hard drive with optical output?

Typically your FLAC files will reside on a computer and that will connect to one of the inputs on the OPPO, or over networking.

Or you can put them on a portable hard drive and attach directly to the OPPO with one of the standard USB sockets.

-Bill

I currently have my MacBook connected to the 205 via usb DAC but want to store all my music files (iTunes/FLAC) to an external hard drive and connect to the 205 to take advantage of the DAC.

Last edited by mbroadus; 11-06-2018 at 07:36 AM.
post #5969 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:35 AM
One-Man Content Creator

Quote:
I currently have my MacBook connected to the 205 via usb DAC but want to store all my music files (iTunes/FLAC) to an external hard drive and connect to the 205 to take advantage of the DAC.
The output DACs? If you are using any of the analog outputs then you are using the player DACs.

If you mean the USB DAC connection: it can't be done as you describe.

-Bill

post #5970 of 6954 Old 11-06-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The output DACs? If you are using any of the analog outputs then you are using the player DACs.

If you mean the USB DAC connection: it can't be done as you describe.

-Bill
Gotcha...yes, using the stereo audio out to the Anthem analog input. So, it doesn’t matter what input I use, as long as I use the analog output, I’ll be using the DAC?

Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page