Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 239 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4174Likes

post #7141 of 7166 Old 03-22-2020, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermariojj View Post
I did as you said Bob with the settings and i even cranked the video output down to 1080p and it made no difference. So i did change the HDMI cable to the one Oppo supplied and with those settings and it still didn't make any difference. Interestingly though, the first 5 chapters on that disc would not play correctly, but from chapter 6 onwards it played without a single glitch. Don't these machines supposed to have an auto error correction if there are errors on a disc ? Maybe my 205 is not good at correcting these errors but still plays fine on my friends 203 and another friends Panasonic. I'll just have to accept this disc is not going to play on my machine. Thanks to you Bob and everyone else who tried to help.
Could it be the aspect ratio changes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7142 of 7166 Old 03-24-2020, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
UDP-205 USB DAC input

Hello
A happy owner of a 205 here with a question regarding USB DAC input. I'm using the 205 as a preamp, having my active speakers & sub connected directly to it, all speakers set as small, sub on, cross at 80Hz. Everything is fine but as it was mentioned in this forum before, the USB DAC input bypasses all audio processing, even the large/small speaker setting. My intention is to use the 205 as a (stereo) DAC for my PC. So is there a way to bypass ...the bypass and to have 2.1 analog sound output from the USB DAC input? My pc has no other digital audio output, optical nor coaxial. What is the reason for bypassing the crossover when using the USB DAC input? I only have one speaker system and I need to use the sub too! I've set the "Stereo signal" under the "Audio processing" tab (which is supposed to control the signal for the XLR & RCA outputs) to "Front Left/Right" but nothing changed. Any ideas? I suppose I could run a HDMI cable from the PC to the 205, but isn't the USB DAC input the "purest" or "most audiophile" connection?
Thank you!
post #7143 of 7166 Old 03-25-2020, 05:31 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotis_dim View Post
Hello
A happy owner of a 205 here with a question regarding USB DAC input. I'm using the 205 as a preamp, having my active speakers & sub connected directly to it, all speakers set as small, sub on, cross at 80Hz. Everything is fine but as it was mentioned in this forum before, the USB DAC input bypasses all audio processing, even the large/small speaker setting. My intention is to use the 205 as a (stereo) DAC for my PC. So is there a way to bypass ...the bypass and to have 2.1 analog sound output from the USB DAC input? My pc has no other digital audio output, optical nor coaxial. What is the reason for bypassing the crossover when using the USB DAC input? I only have one speaker system and I need to use the sub too! I've set the "Stereo signal" under the "Audio processing" tab (which is supposed to control the signal for the XLR & RCA outputs) to "Front Left/Right" but nothing changed. Any ideas? I suppose I could run a HDMI cable from the PC to the 205, but isn't the USB DAC input the "purest" or "most audiophile" connection?
Thank you!
Bass management is tied to multi-channel PCM output, so, what you might want to do is set your OPPO for multi-channel PCM output connecting front left and right RCA or XLR output to your mains and RCA sub output to your sub and see if that will work from the usb DAC connection. If it does not work then you will need to route stereo output to your active sub's crossover and then route speaker wire from sub to mains.

Last edited by csludwig2; 03-25-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7144 of 7166 Old 03-25-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csludwig2 View Post
Bass management is tied to multi-channel PCM output, so, what you might want to do is set your OPPO for multi-channel PCM output connecting front left and right RCA or XLR output to your mains and RCA sub output to your sub and see if that will work from the usb DAC connection. If it does not work then you will need to route stereo output to your active sub's crossover and then route speaker wire from sub to mains.
I tried all settings but RCA sub output is silent when USB DAC input is selected. Unfortunately my sub has no outputs, just inputs. But even if it had, I would have to change the connections every time I watched a multichannel movie, which is not practical.
post #7145 of 7166 Old 03-25-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I tried all settings but RCA sub output is silent when USB DAC input is selected. Unfortunately my sub has no outputs, just inputs. But even if it had, I would have to change the connections every time I watched a multichannel movie, which is not practical.
There are nine ways to Sunday to get bass but it appears for you the purchase of a multi-channel pre-pro will be the way to go, using the pre-pro's bass management for the analog stereo connection. It seems strange however that your active sub does not receive stereo RCA output from the OPPO, which extracts low frequency to sub and sends other frequencies to mains via speaker wire or RCA.
Bill Mac likes this.
post #7146 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csludwig2 View Post
There are nine ways to Sunday to get bass but it appears for you the purchase of a multi-channel pre-pro will be the way to go, using the pre-pro's bass management for the analog stereo connection. It seems strange however that your active sub does not receive stereo RCA output from the OPPO, which extracts low frequency to sub and sends other frequencies to mains via speaker wire or RCA.
I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, since the 205 has high quality DACs and 7.1 RCA outputs and can do the job of a pre/pro (with minimum features of course) and works great with my active speakers. I guess the real question is why all the other inputs (HDMI, ARC, Coaxial, Optical) do have audio processing, USB DAC input does not. Shouldn't that at least be an option?
post #7147 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 04:45 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2063 Post(s)
Liked: 2574
Quote:
I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, since the 205 has high quality DACs and 7.1 RCA outputs and can do the job of a pre/pro (with minimum features of course) and works great with my active speakers. I guess the real question is why all the other inputs (HDMI, ARC, Coaxial, Optical) do have audio processing, USB DAC input does not. Shouldn't that at least be an option?
I'm surprised Bob hasn't jumped in yet, but the USB DAC input bypasses pretty much all processing in the 205 and goes direct to the DAC's. Most importantly in this situation, this means that bass management is disabled - if there isn't any .1 content in the source audio, you won't get any mixed in by the bass management on the output side. The other inputs don't have this limitation.
post #7148 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2282 Post(s)
Liked: 3544
Quote:
I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, since the 205 has high quality DACs and 7.1 RCA outputs and can do the job of a pre/pro (with minimum features of course) and works great with my active speakers.
I can understand your preference to keep things simple and using the 205 as a prepro to take advantage of the high quality DACs.

But I've found that using a prepro with added flexibility and room correction far outweighs using the 205's DACs. I've done direct A-B comparisons using HDMI with my Emotiva XMC-1 and Dirac room correction to the 7.1 analog output of the 205. The SQ differences were obvious and with the help of Dirac far better than using analog and the 205's DAC's. I use XLR analog from the 205 to a Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp with HT Bypass) for stereo music though.

Bill

My SACD collection and HRAudio.net Library, getting larger as my wallet gets smaller ;-).

Emotiva XMC-1, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp), SX-500s, ST-500, ST-250, Oppo UDP-205, UDP-203, BDP-105, BDP-103, BDP-93, BDP-83, Panasonic TC-P60GT50, Panamax 5100EX, Salk HT2-TLs, Salk 1801b center, Salk 1801TL (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #7149 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread

Quote:
Hello

Thank you!
From your post, sounds as if you have HDMI output from your PC. If not, Can you install a card to your computer to add a digital HDMI output to feed your Oppo that way?

The only advantage of USB over HDMI that I can think of is that you can pass high resolution native DSD signals for processing by the Oppo DAC. However, unless you have a lot of DSD files in your computer, this may not be a big issue. In any event, even you have a DSD files in your computer, they can be sent to the Oppo via HDMI (this process is done under the hood).

Last edited by Nicoff; 03-26-2020 at 09:13 AM.
post #7150 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post
I can understand your preference to keep things simple and using the 205 as a prepro to take advantage of the high quality DACs.

But I've found that using a prepro with added flexibility and room correction far outweighs using the 205's DACs. I've done direct A-B comparisons using HDMI with my Emotiva XMC-1 and Dirac room correction to the 7.1 analog output of the 205. The SQ differences were obvious and with the help of Dirac far better than using analog and the 205's DAC's. I use XLR analog from the 205 to a Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE (preamp with HT Bypass) for stereo music though.

Bill
I can not disagree with the above. When I buy a pre/pro, it will be one with Dirac for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoff View Post
From your post, sounds as if you have HDMI output from your PC. If not, Can you install a card to your computer to add a digital HDMI output to feed your Oppo that way?

The only advantage of USB over HDMI that I can think of is that you can pass high resolution native DSD signals for processing by the Oppo DAC. However, unless you have a lot of DSD files in your computer, this may not be a big issue. In any event, even you have a DSD files in your computer, they can be sent to the Oppo via HDMI (this process is done under the hood).
You are right, there are workarounds using HDMI, I have also tried sending DSD files to the 205 using foobar2000. But I prefer to copy them to a USB stick and play them directly from there so I can also enjoy multichannel DSD!
post #7151 of 7166 Old 03-26-2020, 04:02 PM

Yep, HDM inputI will allow use of multi-channel analog output with bass from the stereo signal sent to sub channel. This connection for me however has not been glitch free, dropouts galore and I have not had any interest in pursuing a fix, likely in Foobar 2000. As I have said and others get a pre-pro, or one of the newer stereo integrated amps from Marantz which have a subwoofer output.
post #7152 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
TIDAl

Hi Guys, I have an Oppo 205 more than 2 years great player--- question is there any way to download Tidal app on this unit?

XBR-65X930E, Mcintosh MC257, Oppo udp-205, Marantz AV8805, 2-Sub SVS SB2000, 2-B&W CM9 S2, 2-CM5 S2, Center HTM61 S2, KEF R8a atmos speakers, Panamax M5400-PM Conditioner
post #7153 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 02:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captdave View Post
Hi Guys, I have an Oppo 205 more than 2 years great player--- question is there any way to download Tidal app on this unit?
No Streaming services available on the 205.

Best bet is to get a streamer that has USB output into the Oppo and go analog out for Tidal. (I have the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra)
post #7154 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
No Streaming services available on the 205.

Best bet is to get a streamer that has USB output into the Oppo and go analog out for Tidal. (I have the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra)
looks like the Oppo media control DBP 10X app doesn't work, what about Bluesound node 2i for MQA

XBR-65X930E, Mcintosh MC257, Oppo udp-205, Marantz AV8805, 2-Sub SVS SB2000, 2-B&W CM9 S2, 2-CM5 S2, Center HTM61 S2, KEF R8a atmos speakers, Panamax M5400-PM Conditioner
post #7155 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
looks like the Oppo media control DBP 10X app doesn't work, what about Bluesound node 2i for MQA
To get MQA from the Oppo you have to use the USB input.

Bluesound is a nice system but you’ll have the use analog out on it to get the full MQA and lose the excellent DAC capability of the Oppo.
post #7156 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 06:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Or an MQA disc.

Sony A9G, Oppo 205, Parasound JC2, Parasound A21, Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs
post #7157 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post
Or an MQA disc.
Correct

“...from a streaming source”
post #7158 of 7166 Old 04-04-2020, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
UDP-205 video issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
First force a complete reboot of the player:

1) Power off and then unplug the player.
2) While still unplugged, press and hold Power button on the Front Panel for a few seconds to discharge any residual power
3) Plug back in and power up. This will be a complete reboot of even the lowest level hardware.

------------------------------------

If that gets back video, go into Setup menu and Reset Factory Defaults. Power cycle the player once again. See if the problem is now resolved.

------------------------------------

If the prior step does NOT get back video, press and hold Resolution button (lower left on Remote) for about 5 seconds. This will reset just the video output settings of the OPPO back to Factory defaults. Now press Resolution once again. One of Auto, Custom, or Direct will appear in the Front Panel display. Use Up/Down arrow to change that to Auto and press Enter.

If still no video, power down the player and TV. Now check all your HDMI cables -- end to end. Make sure each plug is fully inserted straight into the socket with nothing (e.g., cable weight or kinks in the cable) tugging on the plug in any direction. Power up the TV and player and see if you now have video.

Once again, as soon as you get video back, go into Setup and do a Reset Factory Defaults. Power cycle the player once again. See if the problem is now resolved. You can test Pure button while on Home Menu -- no need to start a disc first.

--Bob
I have a 205 that has lost all HDMI video output. I have tried the factory and video resolution resets and its still no go. I have sent a email to Oppo for service request but haven't received any reply. Any other suggestions? Thanks
post #7159 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

Bluesound is a nice system but you’ll have the use analog out on it to get the full MQA and lose the excellent DAC capability of the Oppo.
Not completely true. You can have the Bluesound to 'unfold' the first step (often the best Tidal has to offer) and then send that hires data through coaxial to the OPPO and still use the DAC.

Mark

Marantz 8802A | Rotel RB 1590 / 1555 | Bowers Wilkins 804D3 / HTM2D3 / DB3D / 703S2 / 706S2 | Oppo 205 | Bluesound NODE 2i | LG OLED65E8 | Denon AH-D7100 | Chromecast Ultra | Apple TV4K | Cable box 4K | Darbee Darblet
(Denon 4520 | LG OLED55E6 | Bowers Wilkins 704S2 / ASW700 | Oppo 203 / HA-2SE | Apple TV | Chromecast Ultra / Audio | Denon AH-D2000)
post #7160 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 06:57 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deetech72 View Post
I have a 205 that has lost all HDMI video output. I have tried the factory and video resolution resets and its still no go. I have sent a email to Oppo for service request but haven't received any reply. Any other suggestions? Thanks
I'd suggest waiting a bit. The California repair facility may be closed for the time being due to what's going on around the world with the Corona virus and it's likely that responses will be delayed. I know that ATI, also in California, has shut down operations for now.
post #7161 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I know this topic has come up before and I’ve commented on my experiences with UPnP/DLNA streaming of MQA tracks from TIDAL to the Oppo 205, but it’s worth repeating.

Oppo did clearly state that full MQA decoding AND rendering of an MQA stream (not talking about MQA-CD ) was only available via USB input; however, I get full decoding & rendering using “mConnect HD” as a UPnP controller on my iPad, which instructs the Oppo 205 to fetch the MQA song from the TIDAL servers directly. The Oppo sees the UPnP/DLNA stream coming straight from the TIDAL servers the same way it sees an undecoded MQA stream over USB and decodes and renders it the same way over analogue outputs. The screen shows the album artwork, the MQA bit depth, sample rate, and metadata for the highest studio original resolution on INFO screens 1 & 2.

I emailed Oppo when I discovered this, and asked if this was actually MQA decoding. And they said it was the same as USB processing of an MQA stream. Oppo has never publicly said you can get full MQA support over UPnP streaming. I’m guessing that might have something to do with certification and licensing of MQA, which maybe was only done for the USB input (and MQA CD) on the Oppo 205 before they got out of the player business, and therefore can’t advertise that capability.

I’m surprised more people haven’t tried the mConnect apps on their iPhones or iPads with the Oppo 205 (there are Android versions too but I haven’t used them); they’re cheap (I’ve read that the free versions may not work the same with the Oppo so I recommend the paid versions). The mConnect player apps work pretty good, but they have some issues: queue will stop playing at times; it drops the connection if the app is backgrounded for too long; and, it doesn’t do gapless playback (but that’s really an Oppo issue with gapless over UPnP on all their players).

Anyway, I hope others will try it, and not just assume it won’t work because the *public* statement from Oppo said MQA only works over USB. And, post your experiences if you do try it, thanks.

Cheers,
Gus

Edit: a link to a previous post: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post56820476

Edit2: see Post 7165 below for a correction about the mConnect app playing the stream to the Oppo vs the Oppo 205 fetching the stream.

Last edited by Gus141; Today at 08:33 AM.
post #7162 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus141 View Post
I know this topic has come up before and I’ve commented on my experiences with UPnP/DLNA streaming of MQA tracks from TIDAL to the Oppo 205, but it’s worth repeating.

Oppo did clearly state that full MQA decoding AND rendering of an MQA stream (not talking about MQA-CD ) was only available via USB input; however, I get full decoding & rendering using “mConnect HD” as a UPnP controller on my iPad, which instructs the Oppo 205 to fetch the MQA song from the TIDAL servers directly. The Oppo sees the UPnP/DLNA stream coming straight from the TIDAL servers the same way it sees an undecoded MQA stream over USB and decodes and renders it the same way over analogue outputs. The screen shows the album artwork, the MQA bit depth, sample rate, and metadata for the highest studio original resolution on INFO screens 1 & 2.

I emailed Oppo when I discovered this, and asked if this was actually MQA decoding. And they said it was the same as USB processing of an MQA stream. Oppo has never publicly said you can get full MQA support over UPnP streaming. I’m guessing that might have something to do with certification and licensing of MQA, which maybe was only done for the USB input (and MQA CD) on the Oppo 205 before they got out of the player business, and therefore can’t advertise that capability.

I’m surprised more people haven’t tried the mConnect apps on their iPhones or iPads with the Oppo 205 (there are Android versions too but I haven’t used them); they’re cheap (I’ve read that the free versions may not work the same with the Oppo so I recommend the paid versions). The mConnect player apps work pretty good, but they have some issues: queue will stop playing at times; it drops the connection if the app is backgrounded for too long; and, it doesn’t do gapless playback (but that’s really an Oppo issue with gapless over UPnP on all their players).

Anyway, I hope others will try it, and not just assume it won’t work because the *public* statement from Oppo said MQA only works over USB. And, post your experiences if you do try it, thanks.

Cheers,
Gus

Edit: a link to a previous post: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-b...l#post56820476
wow wow Thanks Gus ---- thanks for the comment this really saved me some money, I almost bought the bluesound, having an unused I Pad, I dusted it off and dowload mConect application cost $ 5.99 and boom super wow thanks again

post #7163 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Does this neat trick with mConnect work when my 205 is only connected with wifi (and not a LAN cable) ?
Thanks, Jim
post #7164 of 7166 Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymcb View Post
Does this neat trick with mConnect work when my 205 is only connected with wifi (and not a LAN cable) ?
Thanks, Jim
Yes. I’m connected to the 205 via wifi. A strong wifi signal is optimal, especially if you are going to stream Hi-Res (e.g., 24bit/192kHz from Qobuz). The mConnect app has TIDAL *AND* Qobuz 3rd-party integration. Just log in to those services on the app, select the Oppo 205 as the “Play To” device, and you can stream at the highest quality those services (and your subscription level) support.

EDIT:

I should point out that I haven't been getting album art when streaming Qobuz or TIDAL on the Oppo 205 with mConnect for a little while. I chalked it up to a glitch at first, but now that it has persisted for a while I'm inclined to believe it's not coming back until/if Oppo puts out a firmware update [edit: or maybe it's an mConnect app issue. /edit]. The two pics below show the displays (the play screen and the INFO screen) for an MQA track being streamed from TIDAL using "mconnect Player HD" on an iPad Pro:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6722.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2706472   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6723.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2706474  

Last edited by Gus141; Today at 08:21 AM.
post #7165 of 7166 Old Today, 08:19 AM

Long post, sorry.

TLDR: unless interested in this Oppo 205/mConnect/UPnP/DLNA/Controller/Renderer/MQA discussion, no reason to read on. Otherwise...

I have to correct what I said about how mConnect communicates with Oppo: it is not a pure UPnP/DLNA controller-renderer interaction like I said (i.e., instructing the renderer/Oppo to fetch a specific stream rather than the app streaming it to the renderer). After some further testing, I found the mConnect app does indeed stream the song to the Oppo, but it is bit-perfect; and TIDAL does send mConnect the bit-perfect MQA tracks, which are passed to the Oppo unmolested as well, via UPnP/DLNA networking. That’s what allows the Oppo 205 to see the stream as an authentic MQA stream and can decode and render it properly.

I found that if I started playing a TIDAL or Qobuz song on the Oppo using the mConnect app to initiate the stream, but then shut off my iPad or disconnected it from the network, the song immediately stopped on the Oppo. Conversely, my Lumin U1 Mini which is a real UPnP/DLNA renderer (albeit with OpenHome extensions) does fetch the streams directly as instructed by a “controller” app on my iPad; when I shut down it’s app or turn off the iPad it still plays the songs in it’s queue it was instructed to play (my Node 2i also works this way).

What now is obvious to me, is that the Lumin and the Node hardware store my login info for TIDAL and Qobuz, whereas the Oppo 205 has no such capability and my logon info for streaming services is stored on the mConnect Player app. So the mConnect Player app is communicating with the streaming servers to authenticate my login and fetch the streams. It is important to note that mConnect is the only UPnP/DLNA player app I have found that will pass bit-perfect MQA streams and thus be recognized as a valid network-provided MQA stream for the Oppo 205 to decode and render (that’s confirmed by the “MQA” or “MQA Studio” over the play-timeline bar, much like the MQA-colored LEDs you see on some DACs).

To further test mConnect’s pit-perfect capabilities I connected the Oppo’s Toslink output to an RME ADI-2 DAC. RME provides bit-perfect-testing files that when streamed and received by the ADI-2 DAC, the DAC will display a Bit-Perfect ”Passed” popup on it’s screen, if in fact it is the exact version of the file. All files passed the bit-perfect test when I streamed them with mConnect (which accessed the files from cloud storage, streamed them to the Oppo, which passed them to the DAC via Optical S/PDIF) showing end-to-end bit-perfect communication.

There is enough conjecture in all this for skeptics to doubt whether the playing of TIDAL MQA songs via mConnect over UPnP/DLNA is the same as streaming to the Oppo 205 via USB. I have no reason to doubt it myself, but test it for yourself. I’ve mostly moved on to Qobuz for streaming: pure FLAC goodness, versus worrying about if I have a DAC that can unravel the whole lossy MQA voodoo. And the mConnect/Qobuz/Oppo combination is awesome!

I have found it interesting that our awesome expert contributor Bob Pariseau has never refuted posts on this subject of UPnP/DLNA MQA support. If there is anyone who would know, or who could correct any misunderstanding on my part, it would be him. NDA possibly?

Cheers,
Gus

P.S. I’ll post some “edits” at the end of some of my earlier posts that misstated some info.
post #7166 of 7166 Old Today, 08:46 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus141 View Post
I have to correct what I said about how mConnect communicates with Oppo: it is not a pure UPnP/DLNA controller-renderer interaction like I said (i.e., instructing the renderer/Oppo to fetch a specific stream rather than the app streaming it to the renderer). After some further testing, I found the mConnect app does indeed stream the song to the Oppo, but it is bit-perfect; and TIDAL does send mConnect the bit-perfect MQA tracks, which are passed to the Oppo unmolested as well, via UPnP/DLNA networking. That’s what allows the Oppo 205 to see the stream as an authentic MQA stream and can decode and render it properly.
I had been wondering about that since there's no way to your Tidal login to the Oppo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page