Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 243 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4194Likes

post #7261 of 7294 Old 05-11-2020, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1844 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by oniiz View Post
Thanks for that, yes that is the typical response I receive or thanks for the feedback, so I gather it doesn't sound promising or who really knows they MAY surprise us, I was told a few days ago that future firmware updates are still possible even this late into the game.
I don't know anything, but I can conceive of them saving everything and making one last firmware update before they shut support down for good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7262 of 7294 Old 05-11-2020, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kucharsk View Post
I don't know anything, but I can conceive of them saving everything and making one last firmware update before they shut support down for good.
I did not expect monthly firmware releases when I signed up to purchase one of the last batch players, but there certainly was an understanding and a promise that there would be firmware releases in the future if required.

I know that the firmware is too encumbered with licensed code, but perhaps there could be an option for "someone" in the community to take over limited maintenance if OPPO walks away. It would be a real shame if this flagship player is abruptly abandoned.
post #7263 of 7294 Old 05-11-2020, 06:33 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2118 Post(s)
Liked: 2663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaugha View Post
I did not expect monthly firmware releases when I signed up to purchase one of the last batch players, but there certainly was an understanding and a promise that there would be firmware releases in the future if required.
One of the problems is that "if required" is very vague. There's also a good chance that some or all of the remaining team left Oppo figuring their days were numbered. I know I would start looking for a new job right away if my company shut my division down and kept me around for "short-term" maintenance of the existing line as I would know my days were numbered unless I could transfer to another group in the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaugha View Post
I know that the firmware is too encumbered with licensed code, but perhaps there could be an option for "someone" in the community to take over limited maintenance if OPPO walks away. It would be a real shame if this flagship player is abruptly abandoned.
I'm certain that the chances of this happening are very close to zero. There would be a host of issues with doing this, including licensing and NDA issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7264 of 7294 Old 05-11-2020, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1844 Post(s)
Liked: 1098
I agree that the firmware will never be opened up.

I am still hopeful for one last firmware release before they shut down altogether, but then again there's the chance that it could break something, so maybe not.
post #7265 of 7294 Old 05-11-2020, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
I'm certain that the chances of this happening are very close to zero. There would be a host of issues with doing this, including licensing and NDA issues.
I fully agree, that's why I made the encumbered comment. I wasn't clear enough but I would never expect the firmware to become public. The "someone" would have to have all applicable NDAs in place and obviously licensing as well. Prohibitively complex and expensive for a private entity, but one can always dream.

I'm with @kucharsk in hopes that they drop one more release with a few limited fixes.
post #7266 of 7294 Old 05-12-2020, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Hey guys, how well would a NAS be for DSD file playback over wifi? Anyone have success or does it buffer and drop audio? Is it as simple as adding a NAS and using WIFI to connect and see it as a drive on the network in the Oppo home screen?

Currently, I have a 2tb portable hdd that I connect via usb and it works decent enough. But, it is a PITA to join up to my PC to move music and home videos on and bring it back to the Oppo to view/listen, etc. Plus the worry of dropping it during these times.. Since I'm in need of more space for all the family photos, videos, music, etc anyway. I figured may as well just get a NAS and hopefully not have to deal with portables any longer. Recovery and redundancy of drives being an obvious bonus as well. But wondering if it is a valid solution to simplifying my SACD/DVDA playback on the Oppo?

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
post #7267 of 7294 Old 05-12-2020, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1179 Post(s)
Liked: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteroMAdMAn View Post
Hey guys, how well would a NAS be for DSD file playback over wifi? Anyone have success or does it buffer and drop audio? Is it as simple as adding a NAS and using WIFI to connect and see it as a drive on the network in the Oppo home screen?
Personally, I would not recommend streaming any form of media over WiFi. If you can't install a hard-wired ethernet connection from the OPPO directly to your router/switch, the next best thing is to use HomePlug/PowerLine adaptors...
gsr and deckarep like this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
TV: LG 65UH770V | DISC SPINNER: OPPO UDP-203 | STB: VU+ UNO 4K SE
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
ISP: Virgin Media @ 100Mbps | NETWORK: 1000Mbps | NAS: Synology DS212+
post #7268 of 7294 Old 05-12-2020, 02:11 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Personally, I would not recommend streaming any form of media over WiFi. If you can't install a hard-wired ethernet connection from the OPPO directly to your router/switch, the next best thing is to use HomePlug/PowerLine adaptors...
Agreed and it's pretty much impossible to answer a generic "will WiFi work" question as there are way to many variables involved.

If running a network cable to the Oppo isn't possible, one option is to install a WiFi bridge where the Oppo is located and put the NAS next to the Oppo. Connect both devices to network ports on the bridge and connect the bridge to the WiFi network for moving files around. It still wouldn't be ideal as copying files might be slow, but it would ensure that media playback isn't affected by WiFi performance.
post #7269 of 7294 Old 05-13-2020, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Not sure whether to post in this thread, the Marantz 8805 thread, or a JRiver thread, but here goes:

I've been playing around with my new Marantz 8805, which replaces an 8801. In the past, I've played music files from my Mac Mini music server (with JRiver Media Center) through the 205 via DLNA, which was connected to the 8801 via Analog, to take advantage of the superior DACs in the 205. Now with the 8805, I've been trying out the digital connection from the 205, to check out the improved DACs in that unit as well as the implementation of Audyssey. It actually sounds great, so I'm not sure which I prefer just yet.

Here's my question: Today I compared the sound of music files played through the 205 via DLNA connected via HDMI to the 8805 to the same music played directly from the Mac Mini connected directly to the 8805 via HDMI, and there is a definite difference. First off, the levels are different, with the Mac Mini direct music being about 10 "volume levels" louder (sorry I didn't use an SPL meter, so I'm referring to the number on the volume level). Secondly, the sound feels "warmer" directly from the Mac Mini to the 8805, with the sound coming through the 205 via DLNA slightly thinner sounding. Thirdly, because these were 5.1 FLAC files, the surround felt more enveloping directly from the Mac Mini.

I checked in JRiver, and as far as I can tell, there are no settings that differentiate between direct playback and DLNA playback. And since I'm connecting the 205 to the Marantz 8805 via HDMI, any sound configuration settings in the 205 (crossover, speaker levels, etc) should be bypassed. So shouldn't they in theory sound identical?

Any help would be appreciated. If I'm better off posting this in a JRiver or 8805 thread, just let me know. Thanks!
post #7270 of 7294 Old 05-13-2020, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR View Post
Agreed and it's pretty much impossible to answer a generic "will WiFi work" question as there are way to many variables involved.

If running a network cable to the Oppo isn't possible, one option is to install a WiFi bridge where the Oppo is located and put the NAS next to the Oppo. Connect both devices to network ports on the bridge and connect the bridge to the WiFi network for moving files around. It still wouldn't be ideal as copying files might be slow, but it would ensure that media playback isn't affected by WiFi performance.

Yeah I hear yah and the variables issue I thought of just after I clicked on post.. I do have an unfinished area in our basement right under where the NAS would be and the Oppo. So I could potentially do a ethernet run. Thanks for the insights.

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
post #7271 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarber View Post
Not sure whether to post in this thread, the Marantz 8805 thread, or a JRiver thread, but here goes:

I've been playing around with my new Marantz 8805, which replaces an 8801. In the past, I've played music files from my Mac Mini music server (with JRiver Media Center) through the 205 via DLNA, which was connected to the 8801 via Analog, to take advantage of the superior DACs in the 205. Now with the 8805, I've been trying out the digital connection from the 205, to check out the improved DACs in that unit as well as the implementation of Audyssey. It actually sounds great, so I'm not sure which I prefer just yet.

Here's my question: Today I compared the sound of music files played through the 205 via DLNA connected via HDMI to the 8805 to the same music played directly from the Mac Mini connected directly to the 8805 via HDMI, and there is a definite difference. First off, the levels are different, with the Mac Mini direct music being about 10 "volume levels" louder (sorry I didn't use an SPL meter, so I'm referring to the number on the volume level). Secondly, the sound feels "warmer" directly from the Mac Mini to the 8805, with the sound coming through the 205 via DLNA slightly thinner sounding. Thirdly, because these were 5.1 FLAC files, the surround felt more enveloping directly from the Mac Mini.

I checked in JRiver, and as far as I can tell, there are no settings that differentiate between direct playback and DLNA playback. And since I'm connecting the 205 to the Marantz 8805 via HDMI, any sound configuration settings in the 205 (crossover, speaker levels, etc) should be bypassed. So shouldn't they in theory sound identical?

Any help would be appreciated. If I'm better off posting this in a JRiver or 8805 thread, just let me know. Thanks!
Your OPPO DLNA Network connection will not play multi-channel gaplessly, wired or wireless. The bottom line is you will only get multi-channel gaplessly from usb drive connection, like a thumb drive, HDMI connection, or, or course, via disc play. And, since playing from a usb drive even requires playing from "file" selection you will have about 16 click and scroll steps to play your music selection. By the time I am enjoying the music I'm usually out of the mood for it, so, I mostly stick to multi-channel SACD pleasure, unless, I'm introduced to a really compelling download.
post #7272 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csludwig2 View Post
Your OPPO DLNA Network connection will not play multi-channel gaplessly, wired or wireless. The bottom line is you will only get multi-channel gaplessly from usb drive connection, like a thumb drive, HDMI connection, or, or course, via disc play....
The OPPO also offers SMB and NFS network connectivity options. Which support gapless playback too
deckarep likes this.

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
AMPS: 1No Audiolab 6000A, 3No Audiolab M-PWR | SPEAKERS: 2No KEF 103.2, 6No Wharfedale Diamond 10
post #7273 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 09:44 AM

I figured it outt he issue: Audyssey is not uniformly engaged in all inputs. In my case, "Dynamic EQ" was ON for the Mac Mini input, but OFF for Blu-ray. Problem solved. Thanks so much for your help!

So now I have three options for listening to music from my server:

Mac Mini to Marantz 8805 Pre/Pro via HDMI

ADVANTAGES: Gapless playback, uses Audyssey XT32

DISADVANTAGES: Audyssey limits output to 24/48, no onscreen display of what's playing (other than the JRiver interface and my entire Mac Mini desktop on the TV)

DLNA to Oppo 205 (via Ethernet) to Marantz 8805 Pre/Pro via HDMI

ADVANTAGES: Uses Audyssey XT32, nice onscreen display of what's playing on the TV (with cover art)

DISADVANTAGES: Audyssey limits output to 24/48, no gapless playback

DLNA to Oppo 205 (via Ethernet) to Marantz 8805 Pre/Pro via Analog

ADVANTAGES: Uses DACs from 205 (which may be superior to those in the 8805), true resolution for hi-res files (no downsampling), nice onscreen display of what's playing on the TV (with cover art)

DISADVANTAGES: No Audyssey, no gapless playback

So which to choose? It seems like there are compromises at every step. I'd love to hear your opinions on this. I'm definitely enjoying what Audyssey XT32 is doing, and this new 8805 is a definite improvement over the 8801, so the Pre/Pro DACs are definitely now a lot closer to those in the 205. But it's really nagging at me that my 24/96 and 24/192 files are being downsampled to 24/48 for Audyssey! I likely can't hear the difference, but my OCD won't let me get away with that!
post #7274 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 10:25 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2128 Post(s)
Liked: 1569
Quote:
I figured it outt he issue: Audyssey is not uniformly engaged in all inputs. In my case, "Dynamic EQ" was ON for the Mac Mini input, but OFF for Blu-ray. Problem solved. Thanks so much for your help!

DISADVANTAGES: Audyssey limits output to 24/48, no onscreen display of what's playing (other than the JRiver interface and my entire Mac Mini desktop on the TV)

ADVANTAGES: Uses Audyssey XT32, nice onscreen display of what's playing on the TV (with cover art)

ADVANTAGES: Uses DACs from 205 (which may be superior to those in the 8805), true resolution for hi-res files (no downsampling), nice onscreen display of what's playing on the TV (with cover art)

So which to choose? It seems like there are compromises at every step. I'd love to hear your opinions on this. I'm definitely enjoying what Audyssey XT32 is doing, and this new 8805 is a definite improvement over the 8801, so the Pre/Pro DACs are definitely now a lot closer to those in the 205. But it's really nagging at me that my 24/96 and 24/192 files are being downsampled to 24/48 for Audyssey! I likely can't hear the difference, but my OCD won't let me get away with that!
I have not tried it, but Roon to AV8805 that uses Airplay so it is limited to 48/16.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva RMC-1 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 5 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex2 x 2
post #7275 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 12:33 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

I'm not sure I understand why you're listing "no onscreen display of what's playing" here as a disadvantage. If JRiver is your player, you've got all kinds of configuration options to display whatever status info you would like on your TV. Assuming Theater View exists on the Mac version of JRiver, put JRiver into Theater View. There's an AMAZING amount of control over what can be displayed. Note that I'm using the Windows version of JRiver - I'm not sure what the level of parity is between the Windows and Mac versions.
post #7276 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 05:21 PM

Yes, theatre mode would be fine, but keep in mind I that while this Mac Mini is a part of my AV system as a HTPC, I also use it for other things, so in order to take advantage of theater mode, I would have to screen share into the Mac Mini and engage theatre mode every time. With DLNA through the Oppo, it’s there every time. If there was a way to engage theatre mode with JRemote, that would be different...
post #7277 of 7294 Old 05-15-2020, 06:48 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Yes, theatre mode would be fine, but keep in mind I that while this Mac Mini is a part of my AV system as a HTPC, I also use it for other things, so in order to take advantage of theater mode, I would have to screen share into the Mac Mini and engage theatre mode every time. With DLNA through the Oppo, it’s there every time. If there was a way to engage theatre mode with JRemote, that would be different...
I'm not a Mac guy, so I'm not sure what options you might have. The Windows version can be controlled through TCP/IP commands through 3rd party software (I'm using MCEController) to open it (if it isn't open already) and switch to Theater View mode.
post #7278 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteroMAdMAn View Post

Currently, I have a 2tb portable hdd that I connect via usb and it works decent enough. But, it is a PITA to join up to my PC to move music and home videos on and bring it back to the Oppo to view/listen, etc. Plus the worry of dropping it during these times.. Since I'm in need of more space for all the family photos, videos, music, etc anyway. I figured may as well just get a NAS and hopefully not have to deal with portables any longer. Recovery and redundancy of drives being an obvious bonus as well. But wondering if it is a valid solution to simplifying my SACD/DVDA playback on the Oppo?
I have been streaming DSD files, multi channel music and UHD movies successfully via wifi.
Agree with posters who recommend an ethernet cable but I have had no problems, using an Asus DSL-AC68U and a WD MyCloud Ex2 Ultra NAS.
post #7279 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I specifically purchased my OPPO-205 for multi-channel SACD pleasure via a Sony TA-P9000ES 6 Channel Analog Preamplifier, so, usb B, usb drive, Network, and HDMI connections to my music server (Toshiba Laptop running Windows 10 to enjoy Apple Music from iTunes and some downloads to Foobar 2000) were moot. Nevertheless, I experimented with these means to music processed by the OPPO for grins and giggles. This resulted in daily use of the usb b input for enjoyment of downloaded hires stereo content gaplessly up to 24/192, and ocassional use of click and scroll laden usb drive for gapless multi-channel pleasure, each input delivering top quality sound. However, I've abandoned DLNA Network, and HDMI inputs, since DLNA does not do multi-channel gaplessly and HDMI is not free from dropouts, which is so far not resolvable. At any rate, the OPPO delivers a satisfactory multi-channel SACD experience as well as an awesome UBD Video experience so I'm very pleased with the OPPO. If at some point multi-channel play via Network becomes desirable, I will get an appropriate device to deliver gaplessly.

Last edited by csludwig2; 05-16-2020 at 06:26 AM.
post #7280 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csludwig2 View Post
If at some point multi-channel play via Network becomes desirable, I will get an appropriate device to deliver gaplessly.
Even the UPnP network connection protocol offers the ability to access and play multi-channel audio files.

However, if you get yourself an NAS, you'll be able to play your 2-channel and multi-channel audio file gaplessly using the SMB network connection protocol.

The SMB network connection protocol also offers the ability to access music tracks from cue sheets (which has changed the way I encode my favourite albums). And access full-disc Blu-ray back-ups complete with menu navigation
deckarep likes this.

post #7281 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM

Is it easy to set up an SMB share? I use JRiver for Mac and it set up the DLNA server for me, but I wouldn't know the first thing about setting up the SMB connection protocol. But I'm VERY interested in gapless playback!
post #7282 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Is it easy to set up an SMB share?
Sadly it's not that easy to set-up SMB shares on computers running the newest OS's for Mac's and PC's. Over the years there have been plenty of posts about this subject within this topic and the OPPO UDP-203 topic. Thankfully, it's much easier to set-up SMB shares on NAS's and computers running older OS's.

For anyone interested... Some SMB networking information can be found within wmcclain's FAQ: http://watershade.net/wmcclain/UDP-203-faq.html
Edit: I nearly forgot. There's also this OPPO BDP-83/93/95/10x/20x DLNA/UPnP/SMB/network thread.

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 05-16-2020 at 02:37 PM.
post #7283 of 7294 Old 05-16-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4061 Post(s)
Liked: 3381
Quote:
Is it easy to set up an SMB share? I use JRiver for Mac and it set up the DLNA server for me, but I wouldn't know the first thing about setting up the SMB connection protocol. But I'm VERY interested in gapless playback!
Its a lot easier to just buy some type NAS and run that independently of any computers on your network. You can still manage files on the NAS from your computer.
post #7284 of 7294 Old 05-23-2020, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Unhappy Proper Ripped Movie name not showing on a lot of ripped DVD's and Blu-Rays

Hello,

I searched for a few key words although it is possible I missed it. I have for a long time wanted to rip our DVD/Blu-Ray discs onto my QNAP NAS. I started this a couple of weeks ago and am progressing. I have been shell-shocked out how good a relatively recent DVD looks I actually have went back and checked on a couple as I was sure they were DVD's but looked like Blu-Rays. The DVD's look really incredible and the Blu-Rays look even better.

On both my 205 and 203 however I now have many movies, that are named properly in my NAS Movies folder, show up as "title_00" or something to that effect. They play and once I play them I know what they are but they are not named properly on the Oppo. I am currently at 168 movies in that folder now.

I am using MakeMKV and am not doing any compression. Again everything plays fine but the names are not displaying properly. I have gone out and back in and power-cycled everything but yet this issue persists. The funny thing is the proper title manes goes so far, then the standard "Title" shows up for a bunch of ripped movies and then there are like 4-5 at the end of the list that then have the proper name. If the players can see and access the folder and the proper names are in the folder why do they not show correctly on the Oppo's? I still probably have 100+ to go but don't want to do so if this will be a un-correctable problem.

Just to give you the facts:
QNAP TVS-471
Gigabit network switches connecting everything. Both the 205 and 203 are hard wired.
Accessing the QNAP via the "Network" option on the Oppo's
Going to the Movies Folder
then somewhere around the "T's" it just starts saying "title_00" all the way up to Wonder Woman and then the names are back.
In the folder every single movie is labeled by the correct name of the movie. My PC sees this no problem.
When I view the movie folder on my phone or tablet all of the movie names show up correctly.
Is there a limit to the number of movies you can have names in one folder for the Oppo's?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

If it sounds and looks good, it sounds and looks good!!
post #7285 of 7294 Old 05-23-2020, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 4061 Post(s)
Liked: 3381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflebird View Post
On both my 205 and 203 however I now have many movies, that are named properly in my NAS Movies folder, show up as "title_00" or something to that effect. They play and once I play them I know what they are but they are not named properly on the Oppo. I am currently at 168 movies in that folder now.

You are using the NAS DNLA server which is responsible for naming and sorting. Suggest you enable SMB service in the NAS and try accessing them that way. On the Oppo network screen a SMB server will be labeled as such.
post #7286 of 7294 Old 05-24-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
You are using the NAS DNLA server which is responsible for naming and sorting. Suggest you enable SMB service in the NAS and try accessing them that way. On the Oppo network screen a SMB server will be labeled as such.
I have looked and it is "Active" and at level 3 as the highest SMB 1 as the lowest. Maybe I am missing something but not sure. I am going to divide my movies into folders inside the movies folder. Then access them from both Oppo's and see if the names of the movies are displayed properly then. I also downloaded the Media Player on the Xbox OneX last night and it also sees all the names properly. It is only the Oppo's that are doing this.

I will update you on my findings once I do this.

If anyone else has any other ideas I am interested in hearing them.

Thanks,

Last edited by Wafflebird; 05-24-2020 at 09:09 AM.
post #7287 of 7294 Old 05-24-2020, 11:11 AM

Well I made Genre Folders and put all the movies in each folder. Same deal. A point of interest is it seems to start showing "Title" around the "T's" but every other device sees the movie names.

Stumped. I do not know why the Oppo's are both doing this.

Suggestions?

post #7288 of 7294 Old 05-24-2020, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Has anyone rack mounted a 205 with hardware other than the RMK-205 from Oppo. That is discontinued, I don't want to pay $200 from ebay and Oppo said check with Middle Atlantic but I don't know what is compatible. Thanks!
post #7289 of 7294 Old 05-24-2020, 03:03 PM
vld
Advanced Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaplewild View Post
Has anyone rack mounted a 205 with hardware other than the RMK-205 from Oppo. That is discontinued, I don't want to pay $200 from ebay and Oppo said check with Middle Atlantic but I don't know what is compatible. Thanks!
Go here; https://www.middleatlantic.com/resou...sh-lookup.aspx

Type in OPPO UDP205 in the search, voilà!
post #7290 of 7294 Old 05-24-2020, 04:07 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflebird View Post
Well I made Genre Folders and put all the movies in each folder. Same deal. A point of interest is it seems to start showing "Title" around the "T's" but every other device sees the movie names.

Stumped. I do not know why the Oppo's are both doing this.

Suggestions?
Not sure about others, but I'm having some trouble following exactly how you're ripping your movies (MKV files or BDMV folder structures, for example) and exactly what method you're using to access them from the Oppo. A few pictures of what you're seeing in the Oppo network browser (starting at the level where you select your server) as well as pictures from a file browser looking at the same files from a PC might go a long way towards helping you solve the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page