Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4177Likes

post #1261 of 7169 Old 05-31-2017, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anybody using the 205 as a DMR. I've been using BubbleUPnP to stream music to the Oppo. Yesterday even though Bubble could see the 205, it wouldn't render. I had to force a reboot by pulling the plug to get it working. Anybody else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 7169 Old 05-31-2017, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
Disappointed in the lack of detailed audio test data similar to what they did for the 105 and 95 players. A quick half-page test summary report doesn't even do it justice at all.
I see you requested the plots, IMHO I think they did it for expediency of 205 review article release. Hopefully we get to see them appear in the future.

Oppo Beta Group
post #1263 of 7169 Old 05-31-2017, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Can someone post the best settings for the 205 if it will only be used for :

a) pure audio (audiophile)
b) stereo output only via RCA

How do I setup all the settings to achieve pure audio quality?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1264 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5893 Post(s)
Liked: 8430
Quote:
Originally Posted by joms View Post

Thanks.
You can leave all settings at factory defaults except for:

1) HDMI Audio OFF
2) Stereo Signal DOWN-MIXED STEREO
3) DTS Neo:6 Mode OFF
4) Dynamic Range Control OFF

Wire the Dedicated Stereo Analog RCA outputs pair.

If you want to listen to SACD content you have your choice of SACD Output PCM or DSD. Selecting DSD means DSD-Direct-to-Analog conversion will be used, but also means you lose the ability to down-mix 5.1 content from the SACD to 2.0 output. So either play the 2.0 content from the SACD disc or switch to PCM which will also get you the down-mix. You can set the choice of 2.0 from the SACD disc as a default, for discs that have 2.0 content using the SACD Priority setting.

5) SACD Priority STEREO
6) SACD Output DSD (or PCM if you want to play 5.1 SACD content down-mixed to 2.0)

The last issue has to do with setting the output Volume of the OPPO. If you are connecting into a pre-amp (which also includes the inputs of an integrated amp/preamp), the normal choice here would be Volume 100 in the OPPO -- use the volume control in the pre-amp to set your listening level. However you may need to reduce this a few steps to prevent Clipping of the inputs of the preamp. If you are connecting directly into a power amp that does not have its own volume control then you would use the Volume in the OPPO to set the listening level, and then the issue is whether the power amp is a good match for a direct connection from the OPPO.

For more info on setting Volume properly and determining if a given power amp is a good match for possible direct connection, start with my post on page 10 of this thread: Notes on Setting Up for Analog Audio Output.

Then also back up a few pages and read my two posts on things to consider for direct connection to a power amp.

During playback you can also select Pure Audio Mode (Pure button, upper left on the Remote) which minimizes the video processing in the player and also turns off its Front Panel display. Press Pure button again to get those back. The Front Panel will also light up for a few seconds if you do a playback operation like Track Forward. You can also press Info button (upper right of the 4 Arrow buttons) to light up the Front Panel for a few seconds for a quick look.

If you enable Networking in the player (Ethernet or Wifi -- see the Manual), you can also use OPPO's MediaControl app for iOS or Android to navigate and play your music content. The app can also be used for viewing/changing your Setup settings in the player without needing a display. Links for the app can be found on OPPO's Support page for the player:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-u...5-Support.aspx

--Bob
tbassny likes this.

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #1265 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 05:30 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveHolland View Post
Anybody using the 205 as a DMR. I've been using BubbleUPnP to stream music to the Oppo. Yesterday even though Bubble could see the 205, it wouldn't render. I had to force a reboot by pulling the plug to get it working. Anybody else experience this?
I've not had that problem in my DMR testing. By the way, if you set Standby Mode to Energy Efficient and do a power cycle of the player that's the same as pulling the power plug. Even if the player is Crashed in some sense, if you press Power button once on the Remote or Front Panel and just be patient, a timer will kick in after about 20 seconds and shut the player down anyway.

If your problem repeats, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support and they can help you sort it out.
--Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #1266 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
I see you requested the plots, IMHO I think they did it for expediency of 205 review article release. Hopefully we get to see them appear in the future.
Yeah, the reviewer said to watch out for them...

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...0#post19542630
post #1267 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Using just one input/output works fine. In the image I have one cable attached to the left input and one Y-RCA adapter on the left output. The Y cable is feeding two subs, a Hsu ULS-15 and a Hsu VTF MK2.

I had Interstellar playing last night along with Birdman and control of the bass volume was very good.

Last edited by Pres2play; 06-14-2017 at 08:06 PM.
post #1268 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
DVD Upscaling

Has anyone had any luck with getting DVDs to look good upscaled to 1080p? My results with the 205 are worse than my OPDV971H. Horizontal scan lines and CUE galore.
post #1269 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
This is what secrets editor said:

I am waiting for some firmware updates before I post spectra of further distortion tests. The problem is that when distortion is near to, or falls below 0.001%, one is dealing with millionths of a volt, and any disturbance on the electric grid can cause the measurements to be inaccurate. My Audio Precision's residual distortion is about 0.0003%. It has been five years since I tested the 105, and my electrical supply has changed. I may have to wait until I can install a filter. In any case, the distortion of the 205 is inaudible, even without firmware updates. The DAC chipset is much more advanced, and the player is built like a tank. I may have to get the new Audio Precision, which has a residual distortion of 0.0001%. Going from 0.0003% to 0.0001% will cost me $40,000.
JohnAV likes this.

How to phase match subwoofers to the mains speakers: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/showt...0#post19542630
post #1270 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whickywhickyjim View Post
Has anyone had any luck with getting DVDs to look good upscaled to 1080p? My results with the 205 are worse than my OPDV971H. Horizontal scan lines and CUE galore.
Something is wrong in your setup.

How are you cabled and what are your settings.

Also, what firmware version number are you running. See Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information for the Main firmware version.
--Bob

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 06-01-2017 at 11:41 AM.
post #1271 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
Something is wrong in your setup.

How are you cabled and what are your settings.

Also, what firmware version number are you running. See Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information for the Main firmware version.
--Bob
I've tried going straight to my tv and going through my preamp, with identical results. I've also tried different cables. TV is Panasonic TC-P54G10.

205 settings are:
custom resolution: 1080i 60hz (I've also tried 1080p 24)
color space: RGB video level
color depth: 8-bit
TV Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Wide
DVD 24p conversion: off (I've also tried on with resolution set to 1080p 24)
De-Interlacing Mode: Film (I've also tried Auto)

firmware is: UDP20X-41-0317

Last edited by whickywhickyjim; 06-01-2017 at 11:55 AM. Reason: forgot firmware version
post #1272 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
I've tried going straight to my tv and going through my preamp, with identical results. I've also tried different cables. TV is Panasonic TC-P54G10.

205 settings are:
custom resolution: 1080i 60hz (I've also tried 1080p 24)
color space: RGB video level
color depth: 8-bit
TV Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Wide
DVD 24p conversion: off (I've also tried on with resolution set to 1080p 24)
De-Interlacing Mode: Film (I've also tried Auto)

firmware is: UDP20X-41-0317
I believe I see your problem. You've likely been sending out 1080i/60 and 1080p/30 instead of the 1080p/60 you need.

Set as follows:
Video Resolution Custom
Custom Resolution 1080p Auto
Color Space Auto
Color Depth Auto
Aspect Ratio 16:9 Wide/Auto
DVD 24p Conversion OFF
De-Interlacing Mode Auto

Also your firmware needs an update. You are running 0317. The current Official firmware is 0329. There's also a new Public Beta 0525B firmware out.

--Bob

post #1273 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I believe I see your problem. You've likely been sending out 1080i/60 and 1080p/30 instead of the 1080p/60 you need.

Set as follows:
Video Resolution Custom
Custom Resolution 1080p Auto
Color Space Auto
Color Depth Auto
Aspect Ratio 16:9 Wide/Auto
DVD 24p Conversion OFF
De-Interlacing Mode Auto

Also your firmware needs an update. You are running 0317. The current Official firmware is 0329. There's also a new Public Beta 0525B firmware out.

--Bob
Changing those settings didn't work, but I found that changing the de-interlacing setting from film to video seemed to get rid of the horizontal scan lines. I have not yet dealt with the firmware.

Last edited by whickywhickyjim; 06-01-2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: firmware info
post #1274 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmusoke View Post
This is what secrets editor said:

I am waiting for some firmware updates before I post spectra of further distortion tests. The problem is that when distortion is near to, or falls below 0.001%, one is dealing with millionths of a volt, and any disturbance on the electric grid can cause the measurements to be inaccurate. My Audio Precision's residual distortion is about 0.0003%. It has been five years since I tested the 105, and my electrical supply has changed. I may have to wait until I can install a filter. In any case, the distortion of the 205 is inaudible, even without firmware updates. The DAC chipset is much more advanced, and the player is built like a tank. I may have to get the new Audio Precision, which has a residual distortion of 0.0001%. Going from 0.0003% to 0.0001% will cost me $40,000.
That's hilarious--I almost posted a reply last night saying maybe the reviewer needs to upgrade their testing equipment, and it turns out to be true.

My system? Google for: Martin Logan 420 CLX Descent Stage Summit
post #1275 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:26 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Changing those settings didn't work, but I found that changing the de-interlacing setting from film to video seemed to get rid of the horizontal scan lines. I have not yet dealt with the firmware.
You should update the firmware before you spend any more time trying to sort this out. Then retry with the settings I gave you, including de-interlacing AUTO instead of EITHER Video or Film.

After the firmware install you should also do a Reset Factory Defaults. You can speed this up by saving your settings to a USB stick for restore after the Install and Reset: Settings > Device Settings > Settings Management.

Instructions for both the Official and Public Beta firmware installs are on OPPO's Support page for the player, here:

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-u...5-Support.aspx

--Bob

post #1276 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread

Hi, when my Oppo starts up, it ejects it's cd/dvd/blu-ray-tray (unaskedly) more often than not. Can I do something about that?

Jeroen Top
Samsung UE40KU6479, NAD t787, Oppo UDP-205
Anthony-Gallo 5.1: Strada 2 (L/R), A'Diva SE (C/SL/SR), TR-3D
post #1277 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I asked Oppo the following questions and got the answers below:

I have a few questions for you:

1. Do you plan to support MQA in a future firmware update?
We are investigating MQA, but at this time we do not know if the player will ever be able to support MQA due to hardware, software or licensing limitations.

2. Do you plan to support or implement DIRAC or any room correction software?
DIRAC is going to be added to the Sonica speaker, but we do not know if we will be able to add this to any of our other products like the Sonica DAC or UDP-205.

3. In the 105, the 8-channel ESS dac was divided up into stereo XLR/RCA outputs and the headphone amplifier output? How is it divided up with the 205?
Yes, we use the same configuration for the UDP-205

The 3rd question surprised me because I heard rumors from several posters here that the circuitry is enhanced and different. I know the 205 has a more powerful (wattage wise) headphone section.

At least MQA is being considered...

post #1278 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Read the FAQ!

^ It also has a different, newer, more capable DAC than the 105. You asked about how the DAC was used, and that's what they answered. But the DAC is different and the rest of the circuitry around the DAC is also different.
--Bob

post #1279 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 02:57 PM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeroenTop View Post
Hi, when my Oppo starts up, it ejects it's cd/dvd/blu-ray-tray (unaskedly) more often than not. Can I do something about that?
Remove any disc you happen to have in the Tray. Power down the OPPO.

Disconnect *EVERYTHING* from the OPPO except for the power cord.

Do a series of power up experiments using the Front Panel Power button of the OPPO. (Note that the Tray button on the Front Panel will also power up the OPPO, and open the Tray, so of course that's not the one to use for this test.)

If the Tray opens on any of those, get in touch with OPPO Tech Support as your player likely needs Warranty service. It's possible they'll suggest you re-install the firmware and do a Reset Factory Defaults on the player just in case that will fix it without you having to send it in.

------------------------------

If none of those tests result in the Tray opening on Power Up, then try again, but this time using the power button on the OPPO Remote. Note that you need to do this test with the OPPO Remote. Not with a 3rd party programmable Remote, or the Remote for any other device which you might have set up to also send commands to the OPPO.

Again, if any of THESE tests results in the Tray opening get in touch with OPPO. They will likely want to swap out your Remote.

------------------------------

If you don't get the Tray opening on either series of tests above then your problem is external to the player. The most likely culprit is that you are using a programmable remote and it has been programmed to send the Tray Open command to the player to power it up -- which of course also opens the Tray.

If that's not it, then the player may be getting remote control commands over the HDMI cables from your TV or AVR. That's called HDMI CEC. Turn that OFF in the OPPO and also in your TV and AVR and see if that cures the problem.
--Bob

post #1280 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread

Ok Thanks. Will try that.

Jeroen Top
Samsung UE40KU6479, NAD t787, Oppo UDP-205
Anthony-Gallo 5.1: Strada 2 (L/R), A'Diva SE (C/SL/SR), TR-3D
post #1281 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Upgraded to the latest beta firmware and I am not having the issues with my 4k movies not playing audio until I skip a chapter anymore. I'm still having the issue where the player will exit pure mode when I listen to music. If I turn the TV on and then put it in pure mode I don't have that issue anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Marantz AV7702MKii, 2x Marantz MM7055, Oppo UDP-205
Sony 65 A1E
Bowers and Wilkins CM10 S2, CM Center 2 S2, CM1 S2
SVS Prime Elevation
SVS SB16 Ultra
post #1282 of 7169 Old 06-01-2017, 03:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsurvivor View Post
Upgraded to the latest beta firmware and I am not having the issues with my 4k movies not playing audio until I skip a chapter anymore. I'm still having the issue where the player will exit pure mode when I listen to music. If I turn the TV on and then put it in pure mode I don't have that issue anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I believe the player will automatically exit pure audio mode when video is detected and it may be incorrectly interpreting when the HDMI from TV tries to resync when off as a video signal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-
Upgraditus is a real disease
post #1283 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello,
New to the forum and 1st official post.
I am almost complete with setting up a simple, affordable, great sounding system.
Marantz 6011, Oppo 205, Panamax Clean Power Unit, Audioquest Cables, 5.1 B&W Bookshelf size speakers.

I have the Oppo UDP-205 connected to my Marantz SR6011 via high quality HDMI Main Out and 5.1 analog multichannel outs of the Oppo 205. The Marantz gives me the ability to easily toggle between HDMI IN or 7.1 IN, via the Line In settings in the setup menu, to quickly compare the sound via the Marantz decoding the music vs the Oppo 205. Honestly I am shocked as to how much better the Marantz processing sounds over the Oppo. I bought the Marantz for a reason, as a music lover, but spent the extra $ on the 205 over the 203 hoping for the best audio quality using the multichannel analog dacs via the OPPO, for SACD playback.

What am I missing? I know its all about listening preference. I really want to keep the OPPO 205, really happy with it, but based on what I am hearing, I'm tempted to return for the 203 and invest the difference in completing my B&W speakers.

I know that the benefits of Audyssey come into play when using the HDMI in on the Marantz due to the decoding, but I was also able to pull up the Audyssey measurements setting to use when setting up the Oppo 205 Speaker set up.
post #1284 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 06:37 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoedavis View Post
Hello,
I am almost complete with setting up a simple, affordable, great sounding system.
Marantz 6011, Oppo 205, Panamax Clean Power Unit, Audioquest Cables, 5.1 B&W Bookshelf size speakers.

I have the Oppo UDP-205 connected to my Marantz SR6011 via high quality HDMI Main Out and 5.1 analog multichannel outs of the Oppo 205. The Marantz gives me the ability to easily toggle between HDMI IN or 7.1 IN, via the Line In settings in the setup menu, to quickly compare the sound via the Marantz decoding the music vs the Oppo 205. Honestly I am shocked as to how much better the Marantz processing sounds over the Oppo. I bought the Marantz for a reason, as a music lover, but spent the extra $ on the 205 over the 203 hoping for the best audio quality using the multichannel analog dacs via the OPPO, for SACD playback.

What am I missing? I know its all about listening preference. I really want to keep the OPPO 205, really happy with it, but based on what I am hearing, I'm tempted to return for the 203 and invest the difference in completing my B&W speakers.

I know that the benefits of Audyssey come into play when using the HDMI in on the Marantz due to the decoding, but I was also able to pull up the Audyssey measurements setting to use when setting up the Oppo 205 Speaker set up.
First of all, welcome to AVS and to this thread!

On about page 10 of this thread you'll find a post by me: Notes on Setting Up for Analog Audio Output. Check that out to make sure you've not got some basic mistake in your Analog setup. It's not as intuitive as setting up to use HDMI Audio.

Next you need to double check that your Marantz is not "processing" the Analog audio input from the OPPO. To process Analog audio input the Marantz has to first re-digitize it, then process it, then convert it back to Analog for output. The extra conversion steps mask what the OPPO is sending out. Furthermore, if you have the OPPO set to do Speaker Configuration processing -- such as Crossover -- then letting the Marantz process that input means the processing is being done twice, which will definitely screw up the sound.

--Bob

post #1285 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
First of all, welcome to AVS and to this thread!
Next you need to double check that your Marantz is not "processing" the Analog audio input from the OPPO. To process Analog audio input the Marantz has to first re-digitize it, then process it, then convert it back to Analog for output. The extra conversion steps mask what the OPPO is sending out. Furthermore, if you have the OPPO set to do Speaker Configuration processing -- such as Crossover -- then letting the Marantz process that input means the processing is being done twice, which will definitely screw up the sound.

--Bob
I have a similar setup using analog outs into a Marantz SR7001. My Marantz thankfully doesn't touch the Analog input at all (any time you try to add processing, it simply flashes the "7.1 Analog Input" which is the digital way of shaking your finger no). Bob, your setup for analog was very helpful, and made a world of difference in the sound coming out of the Marantz and the crossover with the sub.

To the OP: in addition to the speaker distances needing to be manually set up in the Oppo, you’ll adjust each speaker level using an SPL meter (the low end ones won’t get the sub, you’ll need a midrange model, see Bob’s note on this), and if you’re using a sub, set the crossover in the Oppo and manually set the volume control on the sub.

My Marantz HDMI setup was using Audyssey, which essentially did all of this for me, so the manual analog 5.1/7.1 setup was essential. Ensure you’re comparing them as apples to apples, and there’s no additional sound processing (other than Audyssey’s) on the HDMI material when comparing to the Analog input. Finally, I would use the SPL meter to ensure you’re comparing absolutely equal volumes, which can sway impressions. The volume trim from Audyssey may not match that of your manual trim levels from Oppo, and the louder of the two may be preferable, consciously or unconsciously.

Last edited by tbassny; 06-02-2017 at 06:50 AM.
post #1286 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Liked: 1549
Quote:
Originally Posted by joms View Post

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoedavis View Post
Hello,

In addition the the other replies:

1) Use the Pure Direct (or similar) setting for the HDMI input so there is no processing
2) Use a disk based sound test pattern like those on Disney WOW to match the input levels between the two sources.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva RMC-1 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 5 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex2 x 2
post #1287 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 07:39 AM

Man this thing is buggy. Couple other oddities I've come across, though, mostly, not with any regularity.

1) Tray failing to open. Powered it up to watch a movie last night. Neither the button on the front panel nor the remote button would open the tray. I had to take it out of network standby mode, power it off & back on to get the tray open.

2) Playing music off a USB connected drive. Navigating the drive content every folder was listed twice.

3) Media Control app is horrible. Aside from not being able to initiate gapless playback from it, I frequently am able to get it showing it's playing one song while in fact a different song is playing.

4) This is more of a complaint than an issue, but because of the crappiness of the Media Control app I am forced to have my TV on to play music if I want gapless playback. Even if gapless is not needed, I find myself using BubbleUPnP because the Oppo app is terrible.

I think having the player set to Energy Efficient mode hides a lot of issues. But I can't do that because I am using this for zone two playback also where I am not in the same room with it so I need to use the Media Control app to turn on the player.
post #1288 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 07:53 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Man this thing is buggy. Couple other oddities I've come across, though, mostly, not with any regularity.

1) Tray failing to open. Powered it up to watch a movie last night. Neither the button on the front panel nor the remote button would open the tray. I had to take it out of network standby mode, power it off & back on to get the tray open.

2) Playing music off a USB connected drive. Navigating the drive content every folder was listed twice.

3) Media Control app is horrible. Aside from not being able to initiate gapless playback from it, I frequently am able to get it showing it's playing one song while in fact a different song is playing.

4) This is more of a complaint than an issue, but because of the crappiness of the Media Control app I am forced to have my TV on to play music if I want gapless playback. Even if gapless is not needed, I find myself using BubbleUPnP because the Oppo app is terrible.

I think having the player set to Energy Efficient mode hides a lot of issues. But I can't do that because I am using this for zone two playback also where I am not in the same room with it so I need to use the Media Control app to turn on the player.
Which firmware and version of the MediaControl app are you using?

For firmware, check Setup > Device Setup > Firmware Information. The current Official firmware ends 0329. The newer Public Beta firmware ends 0525B.

After doing a firmware install you should do a Reset Factory Defaults on the player. You can make that go faster by saving your settings to a USB stick for restore after the Install and Reset. See Setup > Device Setup > Settings Management.

For the MediaControl app, a new iOS version was pushed out just in the past few days. I'm not sure about the Android version.
--Bob

post #1289 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 08:00 AM

I have the latest official firmware and the newest version of the Android app. I've notified Oppo of the issues I've experienced.
post #1290 of 7169 Old 06-02-2017, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 877 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:

I would get it replaced. The center channel on my first 205 didn't work and Oppo sent a new unit out right away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page