Official OPPO UDP-205 UHD Blu-ray Player Owner's Thread - Page 93 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4137Likes

post #2761 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 01:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have a question on video processing and whether it should be done in the Oppo or the TV..... I figured that since the Oppo is supposed to have very high quality video processing and upscaling that it would be best to have the Oppo do all of the video processing but I cannot figure out how to set up my tv to avoid having the tv "reprocess" internally. I was shopping for another tv yesterday and the salesman (who seemed knowledgable) told me that there is no way to turn off the tv processing in the Sony tvs that I have and that it is best to let the tv handle the video processing and set the Oppo to pass through - otherwise the tv will just "re-process" and the picture will not look as good. He was basically saying that notwithstanding all of the claims by companies who make high end players or processors, the video portions are for the most part nice bells and whistles but nothing more helpful than a transport to supply the signal and it is really the quality components to merely pass through the HDMI signal that are worthwhile. Maybe that is why when I was watching a DVD over the weekend the picture looked best with the Oppo set for pass through of the original..... Maybe I'm just confused and not understanding some basics (I'm a bit new to this).....I thought the whole point of getting something like an Oppo (particularly the 203 for non-audio focused applications) was because of the benefit of the video processing.

What is the thinking on this? How does everyone set theirs up? Is it even possible to turn off processing in the tv so as to compare with the Oppo's?

Last edited by DanielG; 11-06-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2762 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
For those who do not subscribe to Stereophile, Kalman Rubinson's review of the Oppo-205 has just been posted online.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...7-oppo-udp-205.

He made the comment that the predecessors to the 203 and 205 could rip SACDs. This was news to me. I thought you needed an old PlayStation to do that.
The article was probably written before the last FW update, as he mentions "no gapless playback" on NAS or USB, which is no longer the case.

Larry d'Lion Cheltenham, Ontario - Canada
Audio/Video Sources: Oppo UDP-205, Rega Planar 3+Exact, Roku Ultra 4K, Apple TV 4K, QNAP TS-451 NAS
Amplification: Yamaha RX-A1060 Aventage
Speakers: ATC SCM-7 Fronts, AudioVector QR-1 Surrounds, PSB Series 300 Sub
Screen: LG OLED65B6P
post #2763 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG View Post
I have a question on video processing and whether it should be done in the Oppo or the TV..... I figured that since the Oppo is supposed to have very high quality video processing and upscaling that it would be best to have the Oppo do all of the video processing but I cannot figure out how to set up my tv to avoid having the tv "reprocess" internally. I was shopping for another tv yesterday and the salesman (who seemed knowledgable) told me that there is no way to turn off the tv processing in the Sony tvs that I have and that it is best to let the tv handle the video processing and set the Oppo to pass through - otherwise the tv will just "re-process" and the picture will not look as good. He was basically saying that notwithstanding all of the claims by companies who make high end players or processors, the video portions are for the most part nice bells and whistles but nothing more helpful than a transport to supply the signal and it is really the quality components to merely pass through the HDMI signal that are worthwhile. Maybe that is why when I was watching a DVD over the weekend the picture looked best with the Oppo set for pass through of the original..... Maybe I'm just confused and not understanding some basics (I'm a bit new to this).....I thought the whole point of getting something like an Oppo (particularly the 203 for non-audio focused applications) was because of the benefit of the video processing.

What is the thinking on this? How does everyone set theirs up? Is it even possible to turn off processing in the tv so as to compare with the Oppo's?
That is what the salesman told me on that - 'let the last link in chain do the processing' - in my case a Sony VW385 projector - but of course I will have to experiment to see if OPPO does better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2764 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
DSD has been around for a while - my Denon AVP-A1HDCI, which is roughly the same age as your Classe can accept DSD. However, a quick Google search confirms that your SSP-800 does not accept DSD.

I have never heard what DSD sounds like but the PCM version already sounds pretty good and my previous universal source player was the Denon A1UDCI which I have thoroughly enjoyed the past nine or so years. when I got the Oppo 205 I was just hoping it would be as good with 2-channel music which is what I listen to mostly with the added benefit of being a 4k Player. I am happy to report that it has more than met my expectations. It could maybe be a little warmer sounding but maybe with a couple of hundred hours of use this may take care of itself.

Sony 75xZ9D
Oppo UDP-205 4k player
Classe SSP-800 pre/pro
Parasound Halo 5 channel Amp
post #2765 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt14942 View Post
I have never heard what DSD sounds like but the PCM version already sounds pretty good and my previous universal source player was the Denon A1UDCI which I have thoroughly enjoyed the past nine or so years. when I got the Oppo 205 I was just hoping it would be as good with 2-channel music which is what I listen to mostly with the added benefit of being a 4k Player. I am happy to report that it has more than met my expectations. It could maybe be a little warmer sounding but maybe with a couple of hundred hours of use this may take care of itself.
Several people have posted here that they hear no difference between DSD and PCM in their systems. Of course, YMMV.

post #2766 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1292
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryLion View Post
The article was probably written before the last FW update, as he mentions "no gapless playback" on NAS or USB, which is no longer the case.
Gapless is still not for all formats and rippping will never be possible on the 203/205.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2767 of 6926 Old 11-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 179
i had no idea the previous gen oppos could rip sacd! using a ps3 is a big PITA... thanks for the post!
post #2768 of 6926 Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Apple TV 4K "Chop"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahzari View Post
I have an issue with HDMI content becoming choppy (huge crash in frame rate - looks like 1 frame per second) on the HDMI Input, resetting the input device (Apple TV 4k in this case) fixes the issue temporarily. I thought it was a problem with the HDMI cable or the ATV, but connecting it directly to my TV doesnt result in choppiness after it goes to sleep and gets woken up again. Unusual and a bit annoying.
I have this exact same issue with the Apple TV 4K. It is quite annoying and did not happen with the previous generation Apple TV which I replaced directly with the 4K in the system a couple of weeks ago. A reboot of the Apple TV (which thankfully happens much faster than with its predecessor) fixes it. I had been blaming the Apple TV, since it's not just video frame rates, but everything, including browsing the UI, seems like it's embedded in glue. Perhaps I'll try moving the HDMI output from the 205 directly to the TV as well to see if that is unaffected, like you see. If it is some "disagreement" between the ATV and the 205, Oppo might be able to take a look at the issue (far more likely to get a resolution from that direction than from Cupertino I suspect).
post #2769 of 6926 Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster01 View Post
That is what the salesman told me on that - 'let the last link in chain do the processing' - in my case a Sony VW385 projector - but of course I will have to experiment to see if OPPO does better!
However, I'm not even sure that I can experiment if it is correct that I cannot turn off the processing in my Sony tv. Hopefully someone here who knows more can comment on the video processing question generally that I raised and shed some light on the ifs/hows/what would be better, etc.
post #2770 of 6926 Old 11-07-2017, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbrennan View Post
I have this exact same issue with the Apple TV 4K.
I mentioned above I have seen this exact same behavior from some DISH network channels when viewed through the 205’s HDMI In, so it’s not an Apple-specific bug.
post #2771 of 6926 Old 11-08-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbrennan View Post
I have this exact same issue with the Apple TV 4K. It is quite annoying and did not happen with the previous generation Apple TV which I replaced directly with the 4K in the system a couple of weeks ago. A reboot of the Apple TV (which thankfully happens much faster than with its predecessor) fixes it. I had been blaming the Apple TV, since it's not just video frame rates, but everything, including browsing the UI, seems like it's embedded in glue. Perhaps I'll try moving the HDMI output from the 205 directly to the TV as well to see if that is unaffected, like you see. If it is some "disagreement" between the ATV and the 205, Oppo might be able to take a look at the issue (far more likely to get a resolution from that direction than from Cupertino I suspect).
I just started using Amazon Fire TV 4K - so far no issues (I'm using 20MB DSL service).
post #2772 of 6926 Old 11-08-2017, 03:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 1216
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post

I suspect you'll get a more complete answer from the @Bob Pariseau collective (I'm still not convinced that @Bob Pariseau is an individual) shortly.

I thought it was settled long ago that this is his true identity.

Brewster01 and jazzrock like this.
post #2773 of 6926 Old 11-08-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-triodes View Post
I thought it was settled long ago that this is his true identity.

HaHa - Probably 'prototype' for the 205!
post #2774 of 6926 Old 11-08-2017, 11:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster01 View Post
HaHa - Probably 'prototype' for the 205!
Looks a bit like the first "mac" prototype I used. It had a GUI, a mouse with 3 buttons, and ran in several racks of DEC PDP-11 hardware. I think Xerox PARC put the technology in the box that Steve Jobs saw.

db
post #2775 of 6926 Old 11-09-2017, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

I just read a review, which mentions an "HDMI phantom." Basically an issue with running as a DAC while plugged into a TV (Sony in particular) that has active HDMI ports even when turned off. Is this still an issue and/or fixable by firmware? I'm considering a 205 or a Sonica, but having to physically unplug HDMI or add a switch that doesn't do ARC seems like a pain (and the Sonica has fewer inputs than I'd like to serve just as a DAC).

download.oppodigital.com/UDP205/audioXpress-112017-OPPO%20Digital.pdf
post #2776 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorT View Post
I just read a review, which mentions an "HDMI phantom." Basically an issue with running as a DAC while plugged into a TV (Sony in particular) that has active HDMI ports even when turned off. Is this still an issue and/or fixable by firmware? I'm considering a 205 or a Sonica, but having to physically unplug HDMI or add a switch that doesn't do ARC seems like a pain (and the Sonica has fewer inputs than I'd like to serve just as a DAC).

I believe I may have the same issue with my LG OLED TX...

Projector/Screen: Sony VPL-VW285ES; Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol (92")
TV: LG OLED 65B6P
Amplification: Anthem MRX-1120; Aesthetix Mimas; Rogue Triton II
Sources: Pioneer UPD-LX500; Simaudio 260DT; Music Hall mmf-9.3; Goldring Eroica LX
Speakers: Wilson Yvette (L/R); Paradigm In-Walls (6); Hsu Research VTF-1 MK3 (2)
post #2777 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 05:31 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5835 Post(s)
Liked: 8320
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx View Post
If you are experiencing audio dropouts during music playback while your LG is Off, that’s some other problem in your setup. The LG sets do not do what some newer Sony Sets are doing. Get in touch with OPPO Tech Support and they can help you sort this out.
—Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #2778 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 05:35 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorT View Post

For the newer Sony TVs that are doing this, a recent report here says an easy workaround is to use the Action button on the Sony remote and select Display Off Mode. That blanks the Sony screen while not actually dropping the Sony into power off Standby — so it doesn’t generate the bogus HDMI traffic.
—Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #2779 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandx View Post
@SenorT ,I do believe there were problems with some Sony's. If you post your model someone here may be able to confirm if it works or not with the 205. You can also contact Oppo tech support and check with them.
ARC in my LG BP-6 is only available on one HDMI port (#2 IIRC) and its possible that your Sony is similar. Check your manual or ask on the appropriate AVS thread about setting up or getting around using ARC.

@briandx , make sure that all CEC is turned off in both components. I am able to use my Oppo 205's USB DAC and dedicated stereo outs and LG OLED connected by HDMI with no problems.

ARC is glitchy at best, especially between two diferent brands. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but I spent an hour one day trying to get it to work between my LG BP-6 and Emotiva XMC-1. Tried every combinations of settings I could think of in both components til I finally gave up and used an optical cable. Besides it needs CEC turned on to work which seems to cause more problems than its worth.

Tom

"When all else fails, read the manual."

Last edited by tngiloy; 11-10-2017 at 06:47 AM.
post #2780 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I use my 105 as a pre for my 7.1 Magnepan system. I was thinking of going the 203 route and using a new AV Processor but I think that must get a 205 to keep my custom dividing network for my front 3.6 speakers. I set my 3.6 speakers to Large but I have an inline capacitor dividing network on the XLR out to my 3.6 amp. This rolls off at 72hz so the 3.6 does not deal with very low frequencies. I run my stereo outs to two W-Frame OB subs designed by Danny Richie of GR Research. The LPF on the subs is set to 80hz. This provides a wonderful bottom for the 3.6 speakers. I don't think I can carry on this setup using a 203. I'm getting the 205 even if I decide later to get an AV Processor. My question is can I still use dual front panel analog outs of the 205 and also use HDMI to a AV Processor? Or are there any suggestions of how I could filter the low frequencies of the 3.6 using a AV Processor and still send a full signal to my OB subs. If that is possible than maybe a 203 could work. Here is a link to my custom dividing network: see Post 4804 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...hread-161.html
post #2781 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Read the FAQ!

^ The easy part of the answer is that you CAN use both the Analog outs and HDMI audio out to an AVR. All the audio outputs are live simultaneously, and the Speaker Configuration settings in the OPPO only apply to the Analog outs -- so would not interfere with what goes out on HDMI.

For the rest, I'll defer to someone who has more experience with your Magnepan and Subs setup.
--Bob
oneartist likes this.

post #2782 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 11:07 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post
Release date: November 10, 2017
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: UDP20X-54-1108B
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118, MCU205-01-1220
Release Notes

1. Added support for MQA audio files on the UDP-205.
2. Improved compatibility for recently released and upcoming Dolby Vision UHD Blu-ray discs and TV firmware.
3. Improved compatibility for non-standard 4:3 aspect ratio media files.
4. General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.
^ Re-posting this from the 203 thread.

Public Beta firmware must be installed from USB stick, or by burning a CD disc. It will not be offered for Network Install. See the instructions on the OPPO Support page linked above.

Once Installed, You Can Not Roll Back to Any Earlier Firmware

If you find issues, be sure to tell OPPO Tech Support. You can use the Email Us link found on their Support page for the 203 and 205 players. The earlier they hear of issues the faster they can produce a fix and release an update.

As usual, there are additional bug fixes in this firmware which did not make the Release Notes. Collect Them All!

------------------------

ETA: The Public Beta firmware installer available on the link above is for the North America version of the 203 and 205 players. If your player is configured for a different OPPO region, such as EU, or Australia, or if you have the special firmware release included in OPPO 203 and 205 players sold by Bang & Olufsen. This Public Beta firmware will not install.

You will need to wait for a Public Beta or Official firmware release to be issued specifically for those players.
--Bob
jaredmmyers likes this.

Last edited by Bob Pariseau; 11-10-2017 at 11:35 AM.
post #2783 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Red face

Release date: November 10, 2017
Category: Latest Public Beta Test Release
Main Version: UDP20X-54-1108B
Loader Version: TF0035
MCU Version: MCU203-01-1118, MCU205-01-1220
Release Notes

1. Added support for MQA audio files on the UDP-205.
2. Improved compatibility for recently released and upcoming Dolby Vision UHD Blu-ray discs and TV firmware.

3. Improved compatibility for non-standard 4:3 aspect ratio media files.
4. General fixes and disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted samples.

Thank you Oppo Digital, Beta Testers, Bob P.
jaredmmyers likes this.
post #2784 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Liked: 2247
Wait what? MQA through usb DAC???

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #2785 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
^ Re-posting this from the 203 thread.

Public Beta firmware must be installed from USB stick, or by burning a CD disc.

If you find issues, be sure to tell OPPO Tech Support. You can use the Email Us link found on their Support page for the 203 and 205 players. The earlier they hear of issues the faster they can produce a fix and release an update.

--Bob
Hi Bob,

I have great news!

I installed the beta firmware version UDP20X-54-1108B on my 205 and have two things to report which I have also informed OPPO techs about:

• I can play 24 bit, 192 kHz ALAC songs again which I have not been able to do since the UDP20X-50-0913 or the subsequent UDP20X-51-0922 firmware versions.
  • There is a change when playing DSD128 files from my network or USB drive. Instead of the info page saying “DSD to PCM” it now says “DSD” just like it did when playing DSD64 files which still do.

What is interesting now, is that when I compare playing a DSD128 song through the USB DAC input and then playing it from the network or USB drive, it is nearly impossible to detect a difference. An OPPO tech said what you told me/us before: “Playing the same files through the USB DAC input should be better, but the differences might be minimal. When using the USB DAC input, the audio information is going straight to the DAC on the player”.

WoW, my 205 just keeps getting better. I might even watch a movie someday…

Cheers,

Jared
vavan and love_that_sound like this.

Last edited by jaredmmyers; 11-10-2017 at 05:57 PM.
post #2786 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngiloy View Post
@SenorT,I do believe there were problems with some Sony's. If you post your model someone here may be able to confirm if it works or not with the 205. You can also contact Oppo tech support and check with them.
ARC in my LG BP-6 is only available on one HDMI port (#2 IIRC) and its possible that your Sony is similar. Check your manual or ask on the appropriate AVS thread about setting up or getting around using ARC.

Tom
We just got a 55xbr x900e. IIRC, the review was on a relatively new x800e. Our TV has ARC on HDMI 3, I think (there's definitely 1 port with it).

I run an old 2-channel system (preamp, amp) that I generally didn't run sound from my old TV through. I have an HA-1 at work and really love it. Was considering a Sonica for TV audio + Sonos + CD transport to upgrade on my 2-channel D/A. But the Sonica only has one optical + one coax and no AES/EBU or HDMI- that'd mean switching cables when I run the transport (not the end of the world but still annoying). I thought about a UDP-205 to kill several birds- HDMI from TV, DAC for other inputs, and replace old DVD + old Blu Ray (fewer boxes for WAF). WAF and ease of use are high priority, so the idea of sound taking multiple clicks/remotes to get going, plus potential random HDMI issues, is daunting. Having a trigger in to turn on the DAC or player with the stereo is great, though.

Thanks for the input. I posted a long one on the Sonica thread as post #1 and got the sound of crickets in response.
post #2787 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Liked: 2247
Man full MQA unfold through Tidal is sounding glorious! Thanks Oppo now I don’t need another DAC.
Bob Pariseau and lairpost like this.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
post #2788 of 6926 Old 11-10-2017, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Man full MQA unfold through Tidal is sounding glorious! Thanks Oppo now I don’t need another DAC.
Good to know, OPPO ROCKS!

Pioneer SC-97|Integra ADM-20.4|Sony PS-HX500|OPPO UDP-205|Sony XBR85X900F|DirecTV HR44|AppleTV 4k|Sony PS4|Nintendo WiiU|Amazon Fire TV|Panamax M5400-PM|Harmony Elite|Dolby Atmos 7.2.4|Klipsch: 2 RP-280F, RP-450C, 2 R-115SW, 4 Quintet III, 4 CDT-5800-C II|12AWG|AudioQuest: Vodka HDMI, Golden Gate RCA, USB Noise Filter, Cinnamon USB to DAC
post #2789 of 6926 Old 11-11-2017, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneartist View Post
I use my 105 as a pre for my 7.1 Magnepan system. I was thinking of going the 203 route and using a new AV Processor but I think that must get a 205 to keep my custom dividing network for my front 3.6 speakers. I set my 3.6 speakers to Large but I have an inline capacitor dividing network on the XLR out to my 3.6 amp. This rolls off at 72hz so the 3.6 does not deal with very low frequencies. I run my stereo outs to two W-Frame OB subs designed by Danny Richie of GR Research. The LPF on the subs is set to 80hz. This provides a wonderful bottom for the 3.6 speakers. I don't think I can carry on this setup using a 203. I'm getting the 205 even if I decide later to get an AV Processor. My question is can I still use dual front panel analog outs of the 205 and also use HDMI to a AV Processor? Or are there any suggestions of how I could filter the low frequencies of the 3.6 using a AV Processor and still send a full signal to my OB subs. If that is possible than maybe a 203 could work. Here is a link to my custom dividing network: see Post 4804 https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...hread-161.html
I have Magnepan 1.7i 7.1 system using pair of Rhymik FM8 subs. I am amazed how the Magnepans can handle bass down to 40hz but my crossover is set to 60hz via Audyssey self calibration. You will find most quality AV processors will let you set up sub crossovers the way you like. I'm using 7.1 analog out into a McIntosh AV122 - and also could use HDMI if I wanted to. You can check out manuals to any processor you were interested in to see if it will meet your requirements - or visit store for a demo to see if it will meet your needs. NAD makes some nice processors- I hear the M17 will soon come with DIRAC room correction.

Last edited by Brewster01; 11-11-2017 at 04:07 AM.
post #2790 of 6926 Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Read the FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
How are you feeding the Tidal stuff into the 205? Roon?
--Bob

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Blu-ray Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page